Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,608 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:56 AM

What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? (4725 Views)

Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? / Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) / What Does You Spouse Call You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 14, 2014
donodion:
That one is an old trick women are known for.
to make d oga suffer jealousmonia...you women even go as far as calling the 'person on the other line with sweet names like," my lovie,yes dear,sweets....,etc' grin grin
trust me I know..and I've also learnt when ur woman starts that...me too I grab my phone close to her and be calling one imaginary sister with wonderful titles like " oh Nosa darling,you are angel, your soothing words are so touching. And I look forward to seeing you again, rememer that gorgeous versace bag with shoes to match,babygirl it will compliment any outfit you out on for the next outing".
Yes two can play the game well well...grin grin grin I learnt from advance women.

Very very good!!!
it means that if you are buying babygirl Nosa a versace bag with shoes to match, then you have either bought me a 2016 model RR sport or just about to buy me one next week. . . . .or you are in soooooooooooooooo much troubleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee angry

Thats when you will know that its no longer a joke and the story has changed cool

The truth is that you can never win. So when you mess up, just apologise jeje and dont start any mind games cos a woman will always be one step ahead.
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by donodion(m): 10:35am On Sep 14, 2014
chaircover:

Very very good!!!
it means that if you are buying babygirl Nosa a versace bag with shoes to match, then you have either bought me a 2016 model RR sport or just about to buy me one next week. . . . .or you are in soooooooooooooooo much troubleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee angry

Thats when you will know that its no longer a joke and the story has changed cool

The truth is that you can never win. So when you mess up, just apologise jeje and dont start any mind games cos a woman will always be one step ahead.

hahahha you see why that line works? shebi u dey form "I wont mind...let me arrange one imaginary bobo to be calling sweet names "... when make your demand for 206 RR Sport cos you felt I bought versace bag with shoes to match...I simply smile and remind you...." Baby,Nosa is 6 hours flight away and not anywhere near your domain"...oya come my lovie....come and "cover "me on the "chair"cold dey hold me....grin grin
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Godmystrength: 10:48am On Sep 14, 2014
my
hubby can dash out anything to anybody. he will empty his wardrobe and
won't have clothes to wear. he dashes out my things without my
KNOWLEDGE. His friends warned me on our wedding day to be extra watchful
before he will dash out our children to some waiting couples. he has once dashed out money meant for our house rent.

3 Likes

Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 14, 2014
Godmystrength: my
before he will dash out our children to some waiting couples he has once dashed out money meant for our house rent.
grin

1 Like

Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 14, 2014
Godmystrength: my
before he will dash out our children to some waiting couples. he has once dashed out money meant for our house rent.

I have that "weakness" too
I get very moved when I see someone in need and I can give my last kobo but I always get it back
You cannot imagine the joy it gives us to help someone

God will bless you and him financially with an overflow
People who give never lack
It is a true principle
When I pray for financial blessing,it is mainly so I can help people in need

I went to a function one day and met a woman,she was so shabbily dressed and as I drove home I thought about her and cried
I couldn't get her off my mind
Next time I saw her we chatted and I introduced myself,asked if she had a bank account and gave her a check.
I am not a rich person( rich by faith sha)
You cannot imagine the joy in my heart after that,she was also overjoyed.
There are people with a spirit of compassion who cannot do but help others
I am always giving my food,shoes,handbags and jewelry away
There is nothing I have that I cannot give to someone.
I don't hold anything too tightly

3 Likes

Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by bukatyne(f): 1:43pm On Sep 14, 2014
alutacontinua:

lolllllllllllllllllll cheesy cheesy cheesy
@phema, your children go like daddy pass tongue

Just lol angry

Who are those that said you are kind Let them come to me for assessment
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Godmystrength: 2:01pm On Sep 14, 2014
@babymama1, your case is diff. I am also a giver. But wisdom is profitable ....... Example of when he dashed out money meant for rent and we now had to be runnin from pillar to post when it was time to renew rent. And what about giving out my things without telling me.

1 Like

Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Godmystrength: 2:04pm On Sep 14, 2014
^^^^ imagine the feeling when you see a dress om someone and you are like ''oh i have ds kind of dress o. Lemme even rock it 2moro'' only to discober that it's actually your own. Same wt shoes.

1 Like

Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 14, 2014
Godmystrength: @babymama1, your case is diff. I am also a giver. But wisdom is profitable ....... Example of when he dashed out money meant for rent and we now had to be runnin from pillar to post when it was time to renew rent. And what about giving out my things without telling me.

I am not too quick to condemn him on the rent money stuff because sometimes the way God works can look like foolishness in the eyes of man.remember the story of Abraham being asked to sacrifice Isaac
No one who heard it would have ever thought it could be God speaking
I pray that God open doors upon doors for him to do his hearts desire which is to help and bless others
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Godmystrength: 2:12pm On Sep 14, 2014
^^^^you have ONLY two skirts just to find them missing and after searching and asking your sisters, hubby now confessed after 2months that he has given it out. That's what makes it a flaw. Now i have started locking my own side of the wardrobe.
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 14, 2014
Let me give you a testimony

I went to church one day and I felt in my spirit to give money to a lady
I didn't know her,I just see her in church
I resisted the promoting for months till one day,I couldn't hold it anymore
My hubby went home with the kids after church and I told him I must find this woman
The last money I had in my handbag that day was $100 and I introduced myself gave it all to her after church
We hugged and parted ways
When I got in my car,I couldn't even drive for 5 minutes,the joy in my heart was overwhelming
That same week,God gave us a blessing that was equivalent to $30,000
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Godmystrength: 2:17pm On Sep 14, 2014
and i have also learnt to ignore and face my front concerning his ''giving ministry'' and only complain when it is going to affect me or my baby directly.
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 14, 2014
Godmystrength: and i have also learnt to ignore and face my front concerning his ''giving ministry'' and only complain when it is going to affect me or my baby directly.

Pray about it too
I know it sounds cliche
God sees our hearts and what concerns you concerns him
He can turn anything around,any situation once it is not of him
I am speaking from experience

I am married to a man who is very cynical about Nigerian men of God and nigerian churches
He thinks they are all crooks till proven otherwise
I know a lot of charlatans exist but it is wrong to label them all crooks
He Will not step foot in a Nigerian christian gathering out here and that hurts my feelings a lot because I love worshiping with our people
Prayers broke that

I told God from the depth of my heart that if he is indeed the one that joined me with this man!he should turn his heart to come with me to a Nigerian fellowship I wanted to attend and he came.
Seems like something simple,I had asked for years upon years.
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 14, 2014
@ Godismystrength,I just turned around now and asked my hubby if he will come to a nigerian church with me today and he said not today because he has stuff to do but next Sunday and I know he will come next Sunday.( our Oyibo church service is only one and half hours)

A few months ago that request would have been met with an answer like

" I have told you to stop asking me these questions,the day I want to come there,I will tell you,please stop asking"

Only God could have done this
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2014
Godmystrength: ^^^^you have ONLY two skirts just to find them missing and after searching and asking your sisters, hubby now confessed after 2months that he has given it out. That's what makes it a flaw. Now i have started locking my own side of the wardrobe.

He shouldn't give out your own things without your consent though
I agree
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 14, 2014
Givers never lack and it doesnt just have to be financial
You can give your time, you can give encouragine words, you can pray for someone and there are so many ways that you can give something to someone in need

Over the years I have learnt that the more you give, the more you get back . . again the rewards may not be finincial but other things you cant buy such as peace, health, happiness, favour etc.

May God help us all to be sensitive and wise.

1 Like

Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Godmystrength: 3:47pm On Sep 14, 2014
Babymama1: He shouldn't give out your own things without your consent though I agree
THAT is d REAL flaw. the giving is just a side flaw.

2 Likes

Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by ladygogo: 3:57pm On Sep 14, 2014
Babymama1:

Pray about it too
I know it sounds cliche
God sees our hearts and what concerns you concerns him
He can turn anything around,any situation once it is not of him
I am speaking from experience

I am married to a man who is very cynical about Nigerian men of God and nigerian churches
He thinks they are all crooks till proven otherwise
I know a lot of charlatans exist but it is wrong to label them all crooks
He Will not step foot in a Nigerian christian gathering out here and that hurts my feelings a lot because I love worshiping with our people
Prayers broke that

I told God from the depth of my heart that if he is indeed the one that joined me with this man!he should turn his heart to come with me to a Nigerian fellowship I wanted to attend and he came.
Seems like something simple,I had asked for years upon years.

Correct man. grin

What is so special about Nigerian churches or Fellowship? Isnt God supposed to be everywhere? Cos I dont seem to understand this i must attend a Nigerian church mentality.

2 Likes

Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by bebe2(f): 4:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
coogar: and you call that a flaw?
i thought once beaten thrice shy.....babymama, tell us another flaw of his, this one isn't a flaw at all.

Well I wouldn't call it a flaw but it cud be difficult to deal with.

Like babymama said, u cant tell such a man some things.

I cant gossip wit my husband, either he will completely avoid dat person or go straight to confirm d story .

So if person gist me something about someone else I just keep it within me. Simple

2 Likes

Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 14, 2014
iwakolewa: Hubby's too trusting, and I always have to say,I told you so sad
mine too.I doubt if he has any true friend at all.Even if they betray him,he still goes back as if sey friendship na by force.
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 14, 2014
bebe2:

Well I wouldn't call it a flaw but it cud be difficult to deal with.

Like babymama said, u cant tell such a man some things.

I cant gossip wit my husband, either he will completely avoid dat person or go straight to confirm d story .

So if person gist me something about someone else I just keep it within me. Simple

Glad I am not alone
Some years ago rumors had it that a friend of mine ( who is divorced) was messing with someone's husband the man's wife accosted her and fought her at a public place. lipsrsealed
I heard this and made the mistake of telling my husband that story,he forbade our kids from hanging out with her kids
If he could,he would stop me from being friends with her
For me that is not enough to write someone I have known for years totally off,we all make mistakes

There are just some things I cannot tell him because of the consequences
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by EfemenaXY: 7:38pm On Sep 14, 2014
Babymama1:

Glad I am not alone
Some years ago rumors had it that a friend of mine ( who is divorced) was messing with someone's husband the man's wife accosted her and fought her at a public place. lipsrsealed
I heard this and made the mistake of telling my husband that story,he forbade our kids from hanging out with her kids
If he could,he would stop me from being friends with her
For me that is not enough to write someone I have known for years totally off,we all make mistakes

There are just some things I cannot tell him because of the consequences

Now this, I can totally relate to... sad

1 Like

Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by damiso(f): 8:18pm On Sep 14, 2014
Baby Mama 's husband and mine must be brothers from another mother.My husband has an aunt that said some horrible things about me (so I heard cos he never told me) and till today I am the one who she apparently slagged off who begs him to call her.He simply says am protecting you from her drama I don't get why you insist on associating with her but my belief is life is too short she is an elderly woman sometimes we say things that in hindsight we might regret. I too tend to keep people's shortcomings away from him.He thinks am too nice I can't say no and people take me for granted while I think he needs to give people a few more chances before writing them off.

He also does not like naija churches and it saddens me that we go to different churches (we initially both used to worship in the Church of England).He also does not know how to lie and says what I call naija diplomacy is lying embarassed embarassed Over principled dey worry am. He will argue at Naija immigration and will say that 1, 000 naira bribe I don't mind giving to hurry up my departure is part of Naija's problem.

1 Like

Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by bukatyne(f): 8:32pm On Sep 14, 2014
damiso: Baby Mama 's husband and mine must be brothers from another mother.My husband has an aunt that said some horrible things about me (so I heard cos he never told me) and till today I am the one who she apparently slagged off who begs him to call her.He simply says am protecting you from her drama I don't get why you insist on associating with her but my belief is life is too short she is an elderly woman sometimes we say things that in hindsight we might regret. I too tend to keep people's shortcomings away from him.He thinks am too nice I can't say no and people take me for granted while I think he needs to give people a few more chances before writing them off.

He also does not like naija churches and it saddens me that we go to different churches (we initially both used to worship in the Church of England).He also does not know how to lie and says what I call naija diplomacy is lying embarassed embarassed Over principled dey worry am. He will argue at Naija immigration and will say that 1, 000 naira bribe I don't mind giving to hurry up my departure is part of Naija's problem.

Well naija/yoruba diplomacy is in reality lying. I have that flaw too so instead I keep quiet most times.

I remember one day, one oga annoyed me and she saw it (I nor get yoruba ajo),she starting saying 'I you are thinking see this yeye madam etc'. I just kept starring at her because that was what I was thinking grin
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by damiso(f): 8:37pm On Sep 14, 2014
bukatyne:

Well naija/yoruba diplomacy is in reality lying. I have that flaw too so instead I keep quiet most times.

I remember one day, one oga annoyed me and she saw it (I nor get yoruba ajo),she starting saying 'I you are thinking see this yeye madam etc'. I just kept starring at her because that was what I was thinking grin

LOL I ask him how he managed when he lived in Nigeria Ibadan for that matter grin grin

He says I don't get why you people can't say the truth.Some days I literarily have to pinch him not to say what he actually means in front of older people. Some people think he is very quiet grin grin grin they don't know he is not talking cos he does not want to say what I will get home and say "did you have to say that" so he keeps quiet and I know him so well now that I can actually say what he was thinking.

1 Like

Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by bukatyne(f): 8:51pm On Sep 14, 2014
damiso:

LOL I ask him how he managed when he lived in Nigeria Ibadan for that matter grin grin

He says I don't get why you people can't say the truth.Some days I literarily have to pinch him not to say what he actually means in front of older people. Some people think he is very quiet grin grin grin they don't know he is not talking cos he does not want to say what I will get home and say "did you have to say that" so he keeps quiet and I know him so well now that I can actually say what he was thinking.

LOL! My special regards to him

When people tell hubby that 'your wife is very quiet', he will just smile. I am sure he's saying you don't want to know what she's thinking.
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by damiso(f): 9:31pm On Sep 14, 2014
bukatyne:

LOL! My special regards to him

When people tell hubby that 'your wife is very quiet', he will just smile. I am sure he's saying you don't want to know what she's thinking.

Thank you will do kiss
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Nobody: 2:28am On Sep 15, 2014
@damiso, leave hubby alone! tongue cheesy
Exactly my kind of man kiss
Re: What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 15, 2014
Too diplomatic,and a people pleaser to my detriment.I Don't understand sitting on the fence.Why not come out and say this is bad or this is good instead of meandering like an eel.I hate IT!

Mine:
Once I'm betrayed,accused wrongly,I cut off.There's no going back.I treasure loyalty wayyy too much.He even tries to hide wrongdoing of people from me cos of my reaction,lol. I think I'm softening now though..I dunno.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I'm 8 Months Pregnant With Hymen Still Intact, Can't Bear To Be Disvirgined / Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? / Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.