Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,804 members, 7,824,341 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Thread for South Korea prospective students - Travel (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread for South Korea prospective students (537409 Views)

Nigerians In South Korea / Any Prospective Students For University Of Essex, Southend On Sea Campus? / South Korea Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (189) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ThePallidMan(m): 2:32pm On Jan 28, 2018
dprinz99:

THE PAllidman
wehdone bro
I was thinking of using the Language route but it seems it's no longer feasible doing that,so I will rather save up my money,learn Korean here and travel with student visa.
I also have a budget of 2m.i want to know how long it took u to learn ur Korean here in Nigeria.i speak 2 foreign Languages already(German & Portuguese) although not very fleunt in the later .so I think I'll be able to comprehend learning another .
my questions are.::
how long did it take u to learn the language?
2)was it self tutorials or u attended any private language class?
3)how did u get ur self certified?
did u write any language test? if yes,where and when.
sorry for my plenty questions
I anticipate your response

It took me 6 months of nonstop daily study to reach level 3. Im still learning and trying to get a higher level. the goal Is to be fluent within 2years.

I bought books which came with cds, 세종한국어1,2&3(sejong institute). They have a website filled with learning resources in pdf. I also used a couple of youtube channels like ttmik(talktomeinkorean). they also have a website with learning resources. id advise you to use their youtube courses. and there's a sejong institute in abuja which i attended and still attending until i leave for korea. look up the Korean cultural centre abuja website for more info.

took the sejong level 3 test in the centre in abuja. its equivalent to topik level 3 but it isnt a topik test. But at the moment, they're working on bringing the topik test to nigeria because of rising interest. We're waiting for embassy recommendation at the moment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by dprinz99(m): 8:50pm On Jan 28, 2018
ThePallidMan:

It took me 6 months of nonstop daily study to reach level 3. Im still learning and trying to get a higher level. the goal Is to be fluent within 2years.

I bought books which came with cds, 세종한국어1,2&3(sejong institute). They have a website filled with learning resources in pdf. I also used a couple of youtube channels like ttmik(talktomeinkorean). they also have a website with learning resources. id advise you to use their youtube courses. and there's a sejong institute in abuja which i attended and still attending until i leave for korea. look up the Korean cultural centre abuja website for more info.

took the sejong level 3 test in the centre in abuja. its equivalent to topik level 3 but it isnt a topik test. But at the moment, they're working on bringing the topik test to nigeria because of rising interest. We're waiting for embassy recommendation at the moment.

I base in Abuja but I'm out of town at the moment,I would hv love to attend the sejong institute in Abuja but from my findings,their application for this quarter has been closed.
my plans now is to do self study and maybe register for the sejong level 3 exams.whars your advise,? is it posible to write the exams as an external student?
coz that's how I got my German certification.i took private lessons and later wrote their certification exams at Goethe institute in Lagos.can this also apply to sejong institute?
thanks
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ThePallidMan(m): 9:25pm On Jan 28, 2018
dprinz99:

I base in Abuja but I'm out of town at the moment,I would hv love to attend the sejong institute in Abuja but from my findings,their application for this quarter has been closed.
my plans now is to do self study and maybe register for the sejong level 3 exams.whars your advise,? is it posible to write the exams as an external student?
coz that's how I got my German certification.i took private lessons and later wrote their certification exams at Goethe institute in Lagos.can this also apply to sejong institute?
thanks

I don't think you'll be awarded a certificate as an external student. call and find out. you should know that the exam has 3 sections, listening, writing and reading and absolutely nothing will be written in english. so you'd have to have a pretty wide vocab range to take the level3, 2 & even 1 exams. id advise you study through ttmik youtube channel but first, koreanwikiproject.com is a website that'll help you get started with the alphabets. Hope I haven't broken and rules posting the link?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Leleky: 5:18am On Jan 29, 2018
If a school gets Visa Issuance Number for a masters student will Korea Embassy in Nigeria process his visa speedily? What's the advantage of Visa Issuance Number?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ThePallidMan(m): 1:05pm On Jan 29, 2018
dprinz99. download the app memrise. It has a good korean course

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by bonachenko(m): 9:16am On Jan 30, 2018
acadollar:

No problem, if I get there direct contact thru person..i let you know

Hello Acadollar. I called Daehan theological school concerning admissions since I cannot get their email address, they told me to contact them next week.
Please my question is do you have an idea of their current tuition fees for Masters program
and can I register for Master in Art, I don't know if the particular course is taught in English.
English proficiency is it compulsory in Daehan? Cos that the only thing I don't have
Bro you promise me of getting the new Dean number.
Sorry I asked too many questions, just to satisfy my curiosity.
please do u know any university that their tution fees is less than $2000
Thanks bro
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by okcharles7(m): 2:46pm On Jan 30, 2018
acadollar:

I have no idea What to do bro. Na God hand we dey.
No need to pm abt it
Bro, people wey go December Don dey work, if you get mind go and try forget about any discouragement...

3 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by okcharles7(m): 2:49pm On Jan 30, 2018
So, Korea is now a no go area for hustler they mean? Hahah, I still call people that stays der till today oh, so which kind new is all this one? My guy have stayed over 3years and his brother went Dec 2017 and has started work, so where are the 9packs police men/immigration or bakassi people na? If you have strong connection please go oh leave discouragement

8 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by okcharles7(m): 3:01pm On Jan 30, 2018
I'm not an agent oh, nobody should pm

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 4:36pm On Jan 30, 2018
bonachenko:

Hello Acadollar. I called Daehan theological school concerning admissions since I cannot get their email address, they told me to contact them next week.
Please my question is do you have an idea of their current tuition fees for Masters program
and can I register for Master in Art, I don't know if the particular course is taught in English.
English proficiency is it compulsory in Daehan? Cos that the only thing I don't have
Bro you promise me of getting the new Dean number.
Sorry I asked too many questions, just to satisfy my curiosity.
please do u know any university that their tution fees is less than $2000
Thanks bro
Daehan
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by bonachenko(m): 6:04pm On Jan 30, 2018
acadollar:

Daehan

Thanks bro I really appreciate....English language proficiency is it must in Daehan?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ken1982: 6:15am On Jan 31, 2018
nice thread
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by dprinz99(m): 9:48am On Jan 31, 2018
ThePallidMan:
dprinz99. download the app memrise. It has a good korean course
thanks bro for all your advice
to me ,it's not only about learning like I said,learning any foreign language wouldn't be s problem to me coz I've done something like that in two different cases and I know the tricks of doing that.
my problem is how I can be certified.
once I'm sure of being certified,i won't hesitate .I'll just start learning asap
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Leleky: 6:43am On Feb 01, 2018
ANY IDEA ABOUT VISA ISSUANCE NUMBER APPLIED ON A STUDENT'S BEHALF BY A SCHOOL IN SOUTH KOREA.... @Acadollar
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by temmyj(f): 6:00am On Feb 02, 2018
Hello everyone, please can someone help me authenticate my documents at ministry of education in Abuja. I don't stay there and I really need help please.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Everest1989(m): 6:18am On Feb 02, 2018
temmyj:
Hello everyone, please can someone help me authenticate my documents at ministry of education in Abuja. I don't stay there and I really need help please.
You better make out time to go to Abuja, before them go open office for your head.

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by pmax(m): 7:09am On Feb 02, 2018
Everest1989:

You better make out time to go to Abuja, before them go open office for your head.

No mind am, you go spend times 4. Better go do am by your self, you can do everything in a day and leave that same day.

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Sarang(f): 7:39pm On Feb 02, 2018
I am really having a hard time applying to Kiast. Have anyone else being able to apply to Kiast?

2 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 4:05am On Feb 03, 2018
Leleky:
ANY IDEA ABOUT VISA ISSUANCE NUMBER APPLIED ON A STUDENT'S BEHALF BY A SCHOOL IN SOUTH KOREA.... @Acadollar
You may be lucky enough to find such school.
I've only seen one lucky guy get it from nairaland

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Leleky: 7:17am On Feb 03, 2018
But if I get VISA ISSUANCE NUMBER I hope south Korea embassy in Nigeria will give visa fast fast @ acadollar and all.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by dprinz99(m): 6:39am On Feb 04, 2018
Sarang:
I am really having a hard time applying to Kiast. Have anyone else being able to apply to Kiast?
bsc or msc?
which semester bro?
I'm also very mich interested in applying as they all have English taught courses .but their tuition is on a high side
let's talk more bro
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Sarang(f): 4:26pm On Feb 04, 2018
dprinz99:

bsc or msc?
which semester bro?
I'm also very mich interested in applying as they all have English taught courses .but their tuition is on a high side
let's talk more bro

Bsc
Kiast gives free scholarship, it's free.
Did you apply already?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 04, 2018
Smartlife:

Please how did you apply for the scholarship... How do one go about document screening and how to submit them.

Hello, did you notarise all copies of your documents or you notarised one and made copies. Eg Your dad proof of nationality. Let's say voters card did you notarise all four copies or just one and did 3 photocopies
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by bonachenko(m): 8:31am On Feb 05, 2018
acadollar:

Daehan

Bro Acadollar please can you help me to contact Daehan please please.... I contacted them today and a lady pick the call so after I ask for her mail address. I don't understand what she was saying...please help me Sir.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 05, 2018
Bedafud:
Hi everyone!

I was informed that I've successful passed the first stage (Document screening) of the korean government scholarship program (kgsp) and I am going to have a phone interview tomorrow with the university I applied for.

Pls I need some idea regarding interview.

Thanks.

Hello. Please how did you go about your university track especially the documents.

Did you notarise all four copies or did you notarise one and made copies of that one. Eg for let's transcript.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by crude90: 4:36pm On Feb 06, 2018
[quote author=okcharles7 post=64640520]So, Korea is now a no go area for hustler they mean? Hahah, I still call people that stays der till today oh, so which kind new is all this one? My guy have stayed over 3years and his brother went Dec 2017 and has started work, so where are the 9packs police men/immigration or bakassi people na? If you have strong connection please go oh leave discouragement.

pls bro can we chat...i hav contact der but i need 2 get some info...
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by crude90: 4:43pm On Feb 06, 2018
okcharlse...hw do we chart...pm me please...
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by okcharles7(m): 9:01am On Feb 08, 2018
[quote author=crude90 post=64841228][/quote]
Please send me contact of anyone you know in south Korea
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by temmyj(f): 9:10am On Feb 08, 2018
Everest1989:

I don't I can make it because of my job but can my brother help me do it on my behalf and is it possible for someone to help me submit my documents in Korea cultural center... Please
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ThePallidMan(m): 1:14pm On Feb 08, 2018
temmyj:

I don't I can make it because of my job but can my brother help me do it on my behalf and is it possible for someone to help me submit my documents in Korea cultural center... Please

Submit what document and for what purpose? Are you applying for a job at the centre? The korean cultural centre does not accept any document for any purpose, unless advertised. The korean cultural centre does not assist in anyway in the processing of admission, unless advertised.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by bonachenko(m): 10:51am On Feb 10, 2018
Please South Korea gurus in the house, please how is the city of Gwangju like? Hope one can easily get job there?

Cc acadollar
Cc Igwe
Cc Wild
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Jachan: 1:14pm On Feb 10, 2018
Sarang:

Bsc
Kiast gives free scholarship, it's free.
Did you apply already?
I also wanna apply KAIST, lets meet on whatsapp please 09067705781

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (189) (Reply)

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.