Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Thread for South Korea prospective students - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread for South Korea prospective students (536156 Views)

Nigerians In South Korea / Any Prospective Students For University Of Essex, Southend On Sea Campus? / South Korea Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (189) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by igwe2015: 9:04pm On Feb 12, 2015
Alot of the students came through language program ...some are exchanged students ...after language school ..u can switch to a regular student....

quote author=suxes2005 post=30671743]Has anyone here processed SK visa with
a language course ?

@ acadollar, how's technology start-up in
South Korea flaring?

~ Sheyi[/quote]
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 2:05am On Feb 13, 2015
suxes2005:
Has anyone here processed SK visa with
a language course ?

South Korea flaring?

~ Sheyi
Korea is an old boy in technology

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by suxes2005(m): 10:55am On Feb 13, 2015
acadollar:

I didn't quite get that drift

igwe2015:
Alot of the students came through language program ...some are exchanged students ...after language school ..u can switch to a regular student....
quote author=suxes2005 post=30671743]Has anyone here processed SK visa with
a language course ?
South Korea flaring?
~ Sheyi

Sounds cool. Considering the fact that language
courses are cheaper compared to UG.

My woman won't let me rest on this South Korean
issue. She's a big fan of their series!

~ Sheyi
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by kennybp: 4:28pm On Feb 13, 2015
Acadollar, I have a friend who is 27 year old with d7 in english c4 in mathematics any chance for admission for UG program in any of this korean uni? Holla me bro biko.
acadollar:

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by suxes2005(m): 3:36pm On Feb 14, 2015
kennybp:
Acadollar, I have a friend who is 27 year old with d7 in english c4 in mathematics any chance for admission for UG program in any of this korean uni? Holla me bro biko.

Yes

From research, he should register for language course
first before proceeding to UG

At 27 years? He need to convince the school
and the embassy

~ Sheyi
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by bukenzo82: 4:12pm On Feb 14, 2015
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by bukenzo82: 4:13pm On Feb 14, 2015
and the embassy

Did you mean 32years can't apply for admission in SK? pls what's the age limit.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by suxes2005(m): 4:47pm On Feb 14, 2015
bukenzo82:
and the embassy

Nobody said that. Wait let acadollar help you out

~ Sheyi
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by bukenzo82: 5:20pm On Feb 14, 2015
OK, thanks
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Lorenzena(f): 8:31pm On Feb 14, 2015
Acadollar please do i need to get a Topik result before i can study nursing in sk cus the school i want to apply for wrote it as one of their freshman requirement.If yes,how can i get it please? i am some how confused.thanks.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by xp17(m): 12:54am On Feb 15, 2015
@everyone, I'll be relocating from the united states to south Korea(Seoul) for official purpose, sometime in june. I'm kinda tensed up a little bit, although I like the Asian culture, but would have preferred places like Philippine or India if I had my way.
To the ogas at the top, how's life over there?

Do they have Nigerian/African cuisine over there where I can always download my stomach?

Dunno if my HTC one m8 Verizon unlocked (windows version) would work over there.

As a guy, how would I fit into the system, especially with the language barrier?

How is the transportation system over there? or do I need a car asap, if I do, what procedures to follow in other to get a driver's license there?

How easy is it to learn their language? Do I need classes for it?

Finally, what are hopes of foreigners? Do they give preferential treatment from one nationality to the other?

Thanks in anticipation!!!

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 8:15am On Feb 15, 2015
bukenzo82:
and the embassy

I haven't heard anything abt age limitations here, education has no age limit
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 8:19am On Feb 15, 2015
Lorenzena:
Acadollar please do i need to get a Topik result before i can study nursing in sk cus the school i want to apply for wrote it as one of their freshman requirement.If yes,how can i get it please? i am some how confused.thanks.
It depends on the school, some school will admit u and start giving u Korean classes while doing ure UG but u need to know if the Nursing is in Korean lang or in English language before mailing them to see if they can accept u while u write the Topik.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by igwe2015: 8:43am On Feb 15, 2015
xp17:
@everyone, I'll be relocating from the united states to south Korea(Seoul) for official purpose, sometime in june. I'm kinda tensed up a little bit, although I like the Asian culture, but would have preferred places like Philippine or India if I had my way.
To the ogas at the top, how's life over there?

Do they have Nigerian/African cuisine over there where I can always download my stomach?

Yes we have african cuisine all over ..esp in iteawon .

Dunno if my HTC one m8 Verizon unlocked (windows version) would work over there.

Yes any unlocked phone will work... if not u can buy cheap unlocked phones at any phone store. .use Sim card...they have the fastest network so far or in the world

As a guy, how would I fit into the system, especially with the language barrier?
U be fine ... find u a Korean chick that speaks english

How is the transportation system over there? or do I need a car asap, if I do, what procedures to follow in other to get a driver's license there?
Trust me..u dont need a car here .. great transportation. .train ..taxi cheap die

How easy is it to learn their language? Do I need classes for it?
Sure. .
Finally, what are hopes of foreigners? Do they give preferential treatment from one nationality to the other?
U need to figure that one yrself
Thanks in anticipation!!!

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WildChild00(m): 11:04am On Feb 15, 2015
igwe2015:
Seoul national university

We like 10 Nigerians
Abt 30 africans
Alot of foreigners.
Let me if u send yr documents. ..i am cool with them at the International department

bros I sent u a pm, I am about to send my documents to the international officer, i.e admissions office, Seoul national university.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by edisoncash: 7:14am On Feb 16, 2015
I will be following this up big time
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ola2tu: 5:00pm On Feb 16, 2015
@acadollar please sir, I like to as a few questions... 1.after a postgraduate study in SK, can one be gainfully employed? How easy is it? And what's the wages. 2. Can I say , from your explanation that without Proficiency in Korean, one can NEVER go far? 3. Do you think one can finally and permanently relocate to SK just as others settle in UK, US etc . Thank you acadollar for your response in advance .
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 1:13am On Feb 17, 2015
ola2tu:
@acadollar please sir, I like to as a few questions... 1.after a postgraduate study in SK, can one be gainfully employed? How easy is it? And what's the wages. 2. Can I say , from your explanation that without Proficiency in Korean, one can NEVER go far? 3. Do you think one can finally and permanently relocate to SK just as others settle in UK, US etc . Thank you acadollar for your response in advance .
Officially once you have a degree in high end engineering courses in Korea and get a job here,if u apply for perm resident, they grant it to u.
U have an advantage also if u graduate wit good degree cos Korea wont let u go..they hire best brains
they favor people here after studies.
Some blacks are officially teaching in Universities here, and even working in Samsung, i learnt they also deploy people from here to there countries

3 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by xkunzo(m): 10:22am On Feb 18, 2015
chisco82:

You are welcome sir.
Dont see that as a big deal just get a good story.

@chisco82 I would to discuss some personal issue. With u , pls try an drop me message on my email xkunzo@gmail.com , I wait your reply soon
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by edisoncash: 9:54pm On Feb 18, 2015
South Korea is a great Country no doubts but there something the country is really lacking behind which is online business that are really on the makes in the world now business sure MLM,Passive income programs,bitcoin mining,freelancing jobs,online beting,financial trading and the use of ecurrency also know as digital currencies,from my research South Korea is really none in existence at all on what I mentioned above, please you guys that leave there if I'm wrong you can correct me and mention the online business that are allowed over there I beg you because I'm here to learn more about the country, thank you
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jaylorde(m): 11:12am On Feb 19, 2015
thanks for all the help @ op,please I need ur help on master degree awarding institutions in south Korea,engineering precisely and if they accept a 2nd class lower student.thanks in advance
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 1:35pm On Feb 19, 2015
jaylorde:
thanks for all the help @ op,please I need ur help on master degree awarding institutions in south Korea,engineering precisely and if they accept a 2nd class lower student.thanks in advance
Yes they accept 2ndclass, look up schools using google cos most of there schools offer engineering courses, cos they are technologically inclined.
Try Osan University
Nazarene University
Ajou University
Korea National University
Seoul National University etc

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jaylorde(m): 1:41pm On Feb 19, 2015
acadollar:
Yes they accept 2ndclass, look up schools using google cos most of there schools offer engineering courses, cos they are technologically inclined.
Try Osan University
Nazarene University
Ajou University
Korea National University
Seoul National University etc
thanks man
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jaylorde(m): 2:17pm On Feb 19, 2015
I've got my mind made up,Korea must take me in

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by edisoncash: 8:36pm On Feb 19, 2015
@acadollar please answer my question na I beg you is very important to me,this is the question below
South Korea is a great Country no doubts but there something the country is really lacking behind which is online business that are really on the makes in the world now business sure MLM,Passive income programs,bitcoin mining,freelancing jobs,online beting,financial trading and the use of ecurrency also know as digital currencies,from my research South Korea is really none in existence at all on what I mentioned above, please you guys that leave there if I'm wrong you can correct me and mention the online business that are allowed over there I beg you because I'm here to learn more about the country, thank you
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 5:06am On Feb 20, 2015
edisoncash:
@acadollar please answer my question na I beg you is very important to me,this is the question below
I've not seen where they do online betting here like they do in Naija and South Africa, but some people are into online business not really deep

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Nobody: 5:20am On Feb 20, 2015
acadollar:

I've not seen where they do online betting here like they do in Naija and South Africa, but some people are into online business not really deep
Also the online business is mostly done in Korea language.
There are alots of korean sites for online business but you need to know the language.

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Pasca07: 9:20am On Feb 20, 2015
acadollar:

Ask whatever questions u wud like to ask .
If u can't get it in any of this schools then i suggest u use google..
Nazarene University
Ajou University
Korea University
Hanyang University
thanks,i have checked the schools u listed but they are asking if i have a sponsor in south korea before i they can grant me admission....i think i will go for the language course at daehan university so far u said they did not request for a sponsor in south korea. preferably september intake..........
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ola2tu: 2:20pm On Feb 20, 2015
@OP, the problem is these schools hadly reply, I have been pushing for a language course, subsequently for a postgraduate, but they don't reply mails. So am wondering how can I make progress, am in talks with all the schools u mentioned , no reply yet from any
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WildChild00(m): 2:35pm On Feb 20, 2015
ola2tu:
@OP, the problem is these schools hadly reply, I have been pushing for a language course, subsequently for a postgraduate, but they don't reply mails. So am wondering how can I make progress, am in talks with all the schools u mentioned , no reply yet from any

for a quicker admission to korea you can as well try this school kdischool.ac, use google, they are fast in replying your e-mail, and admission is currently on going.

Similarly, you can also try seoul national university, admission is ongoing too for both undergraduate and postgraduate, undergraduate will end next week febuary, post graduate will end by march, tuition $3,700 for some courses; send dem an email, 24hrs u will receive a reply, note: during week days.

You have to do ur research ur self, it is easy with google.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ola2tu: 2:59pm On Feb 20, 2015
@WildChild00, I have done all u said except the kdischool u mentioned, I prefer Seoul National University, but still they haven't replied, maybe you can help with the email you used I can compare with the email addy I have. I will really appreciate.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 20, 2015
WildChild00:

for a quicker admission to korea you can as well try this school kdischool.ac, use google, they are fast in replying your e-mail, and admission is currently on going.

Similarly, you can also try seoul national university, admission is ongoing too for both undergraduate and postgraduate, undergraduate will end next week febuary, post graduate will end by march, tuition $3,700 for some courses; send dem an email, 24hrs u will receive a reply, note: during week days.

You have to do ur research ur self, it is easy with google.
WildChild00, is the tuition per semester or per year? And how did you pay ur application fee?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (189) (Reply)

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.