Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Thread for South Korea prospective students - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread for South Korea prospective students (536152 Views)

Nigerians In South Korea / Any Prospective Students For University Of Essex, Southend On Sea Campus? / South Korea Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (189) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WildChild00(m): 3:24pm On Feb 20, 2015
Demaejy:

WildChild00, is the tuition per semester or per year? And how did you pay ur application fee?

I think it should be per semester or a year, I will check the tuition fee chart again, as per the application fee, wen I called the international office during the week, I was told I can make payment either via online using masters card, visa card, Or via international bank draft, all you have to do is, if you hv a dom account with any of the commercial banks, you can easily process that, in favour of admissions at SNU. Or if you dont hv a dom account, you can as well use a friends or relatives dom account to process the bank draft for application fee, post graduate $85, undergraduate $65
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WildChild00(m): 3:29pm On Feb 20, 2015
Demaejy:

WildChild00, is the tuition per semester or per year? And how did you pay ur application fee?

you can as well download the application forms for either undergraduate or masters, then make payment using international bank draft, to get a bank draft you need a dom account, or you can make use of their online application form, register a user name and password, then login, fill the form, and pay ur application fee using your masters card or visa card.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WildChild00(m): 3:35pm On Feb 20, 2015
I forgot @ Ola, the email address for seoul national university's admissions office is snuadmit@snu.ac and that of Kdischool is admissions@kdischool.ac, from wat I learnt seoul national university favours international students more than their local applicant wen granting admissions, but you have to write a strong study plan, use google for a guide.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 20, 2015
WildChild00:

you can as well download the application forms for either undergraduate or masters, then make payment using international bank draft, to get a bank draft you need a dom account, or you can make use of their online application form, register a user name and password, then login, fill the form, and pay ur application fee using your masters card or visa card.
Thanks for ur quick response. I think the online platform is easy and straight forward. But the admission will be for September intake? It would have been a better option to get a school for May/June intake. Anyway, still researching ...
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ola2tu: 3:42pm On Feb 20, 2015
WildChild00:
I forgot @ Ola, the email address for seoul national university's admissions office is snuadmit@snu.ac and that of Kdischool is admissions@kdischool.ac, from wat I learnt seoul national university favours international students more than their local applicant wen granting admissions, but you have to write a strong study plan, use google for a guide.
. Thank you Wildchild00, was monitoring your reply like a hawk, am sending SNU a mail right away, thanks for d swift response
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 20, 2015
WildChild00:
Thanks bro, KDischool is not offering Undergraduate programme rather only Masters and PhD, and moreover, they don't request for application fee.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WildChild00(m): 3:57pm On Feb 20, 2015
Demaejy:

Thanks bro, KDischool is not offering Undergraduate programme rather only Masters and PhD, and moreover, they don't request for application fee.

yes it is for masters and Phd only, and there is no application fee to be paid, but the tuition fee is a little on a high side, part time for a year $4,700, while full time is $7,000 getting admission here will be easier too.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WildChild00(m): 3:58pm On Feb 20, 2015
ola2tu:
. Thank you Wildchild00, was monitoring your reply like a hawk, am sending SNU a mail right away, thanks for d swift response

u welcome, was it that email addy u used before?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ola2tu: 4:46pm On Feb 20, 2015
WildChild00:

u welcome, was it that email addy u used before?
No , I used one klp@snu.ac. Actually I discovered through what acadollar said that its advicable to get into Korea via language courses + my intended course isn't on their postgraduate list, so I better run a language program, then while on ground, I can search thoroughly for my masters program. @WildChild isn't Korean proficiency part of postgraduate requirement (though I know the course is entirely english taught)
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WildChild00(m): 6:19pm On Feb 20, 2015
ola2tu:
No , I used one klp@snu.ac. Actually I discovered through what acadollar said that its advicable to get into Korea via language courses + my intended course isn't on their postgraduate list, so I better run a language program, then while on ground, I can search thoroughly for my masters program. @WildChild isn't Korean proficiency part of postgraduate requirement (though I know the course is entirely english taught)

yes u can actually enter korea with a language course visa, I think its D4 kind of visa, but the question is how do you intend to get a Korean sponsor? Most of the schools requires you to go get a Korean sponsor or like the normal type of study visa, which is D2 visa, you dont need dat,

My course is in english, I require Toefl, but I will ask my school to write the admission board, stateing dat I have been schooling using English language for the past Xyz years.

2 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 7:26pm On Feb 20, 2015
ola2tu:
No u dnt need korean language for Masters, also if ure applying for Undergraduate international business in Naxarene university, u still dnt need korean language proficiency
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 7:45pm On Feb 20, 2015
WildChild00:

yes u can actually enter korea with a language course visa, I think its D4 kind of visa, but the question is how do you intend to get a Korean sponsor? Most of the schools requires you to go get a Korean sponsor or like the normal type of study visa, which is D2 visa, you dont need dat,

My course is in english, I require Toefl, but I will ask my school to write the admission board, stateing dat I have been schooling using English language for the past Xyz years.
Yes many schools accept such cover letters and also many thanks to all the guys doing a wonderful work , i still help
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ola2tu: 8:43pm On Feb 20, 2015
@Wildchild & acadollar, thanks for the reply. language course seem cheaper compared to straight Masters. @ acadollar now that Korean sponsor will pose a difficulty, u suggested apply for a masters and later changing, that means the fees will be forfeited . Also, acadollar, can one apply for a part time programme, hope that's not a red flag at the embassy?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by kennybp: 8:57pm On Feb 20, 2015
Dear Acadollar, please i will like to know if you know any agent that can be of help for a successfull admission UG international business Naxarene university we need help those korean uni websites are not not easy to access biko nwanne.
acadollar:

Yes many schools accept such cover letters and also many thanks to all the guys doing a wonderful work responding on this thread..u guys have saved me a lotta stress.
For those applying for March resumption, make sure you do that nxtweek cos no time.
I still suggest, if u dnt have Korean sponsor, apply for masters, when u come here, u can switch schools or u apply to Daehan at www.dtu.ac or u apply to Hanyoung Theological university at www.hytu.ac
If u find it difficult getting any document especially accomodation documents, i still help
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by moneybag100: 9:24pm On Feb 20, 2015
Omo this korea dey gain ground o.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WildChild00(m): 10:18pm On Feb 20, 2015
acadollar:

No u dnt need korean language for Masters, also if ure applying for Undergraduate international business in Naxarene university, u still dnt need korean language proficiency

frm search so far, this university is in Kenya, and has a branch in America, do u have the korean website for the university? I might be wrong!
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WildChild00(m): 10:27pm On Feb 20, 2015
acadollar:

Yes many schools accept such cover letters and also many thanks to all the guys doing a wonderful work responding on this thread..u guys have saved me a lotta stress.
For those applying for March resumption, make sure you do that nxtweek cos no time.
I still suggest, if u dnt have Korean sponsor, apply for masters, when u come here, u can switch schools or u apply to Daehan at www.dtu.ac or u apply to Hanyoung Theological university at www.hytu.ac
If u find it difficult getting any document especially accomodation documents, i still help

sure they do accept cover letter from the school you graduated frm, I have tried it before, with one of the schools, wayback like 3yrs ago, Korea university, and I got the admission den, but was not able to process the visa, due to lack of information.

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Nobody: 2:14am On Feb 21, 2015
nice thread
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 4:56am On Feb 21, 2015
WildChild00:

frm search so far, this university is in Kenya, and has a branch in America, do u have the korean website for the university? I might be wrong!
www.kornu.ac is the website, next time try to do a proper research
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 5:05am On Feb 21, 2015
kennybp:
Dear Acadollar, please i will like to know if you know any agent that can be of help for a successfull admission UG international business Naxarene university we need help those korean uni websites are not not easy to access biko nwanne.
Which agent is greater than what we do here master?
which semester do u intend applying for?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 5:18am On Feb 21, 2015
ola2tu:
@Wildchild & acadollar, thanks for the reply. language course seem cheaper compared to straight Masters. @ acadollar now that Korean sponsor will pose a difficulty, u suggested apply for a masters and later changing, that means the fees will be forfeited . Also, acadollar, can one apply for a part time programme, hope that's not a red flag at the embassy?
A very big red flag, if u apply for masters after one semester, u apply for UG , most schs wont ask u for K sponsor if ure already in Korea.
language course can't be cheaper than masters, it depends on the school.
In my sch, language is costlier than masters whereas in so other schs, it might not be so

2 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Nobody: 7:06am On Feb 21, 2015
WildChild00:

You are right but it is Korea Nazarene university.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Nobody: 7:11am On Feb 21, 2015
WildChild00:

sure they do accept cover letter from the school you graduated frm, I have tried it before, with one of the schools, wayback like 3yrs ago, Korea university, and I got the admission den, but was not able to process the visa, due to lack of information.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Nobody: 7:13am On Feb 21, 2015
WildChild00:

3years back,please were u admitted for undergraduate then?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by tdayof(m): 8:16am On Feb 21, 2015
moneybag100:
Omo this korea dey gain ground o.
you eyeing Korea too lipsrsealed
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ekadi: 12:34am On Feb 22, 2015
nice work, acadollar keep it up
i will like to meet with you, i will be in korea by next month...
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ekadi: 12:37am On Feb 22, 2015
i will be please if you pm me your phone and email address so that i can contact you(acadollar) when i arrive korea
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by edisoncash: 4:43am On Feb 22, 2015
Hummmmm the fastest thread now on nairaland is like naija just discovered this Korea as a green land for them now,Philippines country is also good for study and work ,very beautiful and developed too,must pictures you see on Google about the country are 80's pics, if you see the country now is like Dubai
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 1:06pm On Feb 22, 2015
ekadi:
i will be please if you pm me your phone and email address so that i can contact you(acadollar) when i arrive korea
which visa are u coming with?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ekadi: 4:55pm On Feb 22, 2015
I am coming with business visa
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ekadi: 4:56pm On Feb 22, 2015
acadollar:

which visa are u coming with?

I am coming with business visa
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ekadi: 5:05pm On Feb 22, 2015
acadollar, do you make use of LINE or KAKAO TALK ? if yes send me your I'd or phone number so that I can add so we can have a live chat before my departure...

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (189) (Reply)

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.