Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Thread for South Korea prospective students - Travel (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread for South Korea prospective students (536610 Views)

Nigerians In South Korea / Any Prospective Students For University Of Essex, Southend On Sea Campus? / South Korea Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (189) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Mirror97: 9:37am On Oct 31, 2016
Hello guys, I've decided to enlighten everyone who might not know where to start from, Being clueless is one of the worst thing.
Before thinking of going down to korea there must be a purpose behind it. its either for your MSC or Language program etc.

Steps to follow:

Firstly check on university that accept student for either Msc or Language program http://www.studyinkorea.go/en/sub/overseas_info/request/universityList.do . check the school website and contact their representative don't just contact via emails alone call them too.

Ministry of Education

Get there as early as possible you won't be allowed to enter until 10am you can stay under the trees outside and chill. Once it's 10am you will be allowed to go inside, fill the required form and get ready for business. You will meet some other People there you're not alone just mingle with them.

Documents required :

Original waec certificate (Phtocopies 3x)
Original Transcript Ss1-3 (photocopies 3x)
Testimonial (photocopies 3x)
Waec scratch card (new) .
University certificate ( photocopies 3x)

Ministry of foreign Affairs

once you're through with the ministry of Education head straight to the ministry of Foregin affairs yourself and if you have anyone you trust let them do it on your behalf . Find out your preferd institute requirement so you will know what to legalise at the Ministry of foreign affairs.

Documents required :

Legalized copy of your waec certificate from the ministry of Education
Legalized copy of your transcript from the ministry of Education
Legalized copy of your Testimonial
International passport
Birth certificate (photocopy)
Family certificate (photocopy)

Korean Embassy

Like i said, Find out what your preferd institute is requesting from you . Korean embassy will not legalise any document that has not been Legalized either from the Ministry of Education or Min of foregin affairs. Legalisation of documents has been moved from the Korean embassy to the VFS office in Abuja.

Use your Google Map to locate any address.

Documents required :

legalized copy of your waec certificate from the two ministries I.e Min of Education and Foreign affairs.

legalized copy of your transcprit from the two Ministries.

legalized copy of your university certificate from the two ministries.

Legalized copy of your birth certificate from the Ministry of Foregin Affairs.

Legalized Copy of your Family certificate from the

Ministry of foregin Affairs .

Photocopy of your International Passport data page.

When you get to VFS in Abuja you will be asked to provide a letter from your school principal stating you graduated from the shool. Your school address must be there with the Principal signature and stamp, his mobile number.

After that you will be asked to provide a affidavit stating that all the documents you've brought for legalisation at the embassy are yours . You will name all the documents your Preferd institute wants you legalise at the embassy. No one will tell you this unless you get there

Legalisation at the embassy cost #2,500 per documents I'll advice you load your MasterCard with enough fund things might get crazy out there .
If there is any information I've omitted kindly include it.

May God bless us all peace.

10 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Shakitibob0: 10:45am On Oct 31, 2016
Well said mirror...you are the man

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Shakitibob0: 10:58am On Oct 31, 2016
If you have interest in bsc international business, Korean Nazarene uni will be glad to receive your documents...this course is taught in 100% English and tuition fee is about 1800usd per semester

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by chaiks: 11:32am On Oct 31, 2016
Shakitibob0:
If you have interest in bsc international business, Korean Nazarene uni will be glad to receive your documents...this course is taught in 100% English and tuition fee is about 1800usd per semester
please do they have one year diploma in business administration? I I'll be interested in diploma program.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by mryoung16: 12:14pm On Oct 31, 2016
[quote author=Mirror97 post=50646968]Hello guys, I've decided to enlighten everyone who might not know where to start from, Being clueless is one of the word thing.
Before thinking of going down to korea there must be a purpose behind it. its either for your MSC or Language program etc.

Steps to follow:

Firstly check on university that accept student for either Msc or Language program http://www.studyinkorea.go/en/sub/overseas_info/request/universityList.do . check the school website and contact their representative don't just contact via emails alone call them too.

Ministry of Education

Get there as early as possible you won't be allowed to enter until 10am you can stay under the trees outside and chill. Once it's 10am you will be allowed to go inside, fill the required form and get ready for business. You will meet some other People there you're not alone just mingle with them.

Documents required :

Original waec certificate (Phtocopies 3x)
Original Transcript Ss1-3 (photocopies 3x)
Testimonial (photocopies 3x)
Waec scratch card (new) .
University certificate ( photocopies 3x)

Ministry of foreign Affairs

once you're through with the ministry of Education head straight to the ministry of Foregin affairs yourself and if you have anyone you trust let them do it on your behalf . Find out your preferd institute requirement so you will know what to legalise at the Ministry of foreign affairs.

Documents required :

Legalized copy of your waec certificate from the ministry of Education
Legalized copy of your transcript from the ministry of Education
Legalized copy of your Testimonial
International passport
Birth certificate (photocopy)
Family certificate (photocopy)

Korean Embassy

Like i said, Find out what your preferd institute is requesting from you . Korean embassy will not legalise any document that has not been Legalized either from the Ministry of Education or Min of foregin affairs. Legalisation of documents has been moved from the Korean embassy to the VFS office in Abuja.

Use your Google Map to locate any address.

Documents required :

legalized copy of your waec certificate from the two ministries I.e Min of Education and Foreign affairs.

legalized copy of your transcprit from the two Ministries.

legalized copy of your university certificate from the two ministries.

Legalized copy of your birth certificate from the Ministry of Foregin Affairs.

Legalized Copy of your Family certificate from the

Ministry of foregin Affairs .

Photocopy of your International Passport data page.

When you get to VFS in Abuja you will be asked to provide a letter from your school principal stating you graduated from the shool. Your school address must be there with the Principal signature and stamp, his mobile number.

After that you will be asked to provide a affidavit stating that all the documents you've brought for legalisation at the embassy are yours . You will name all the documents your Preferd institute wants you legalise at the embassy. No one will tell you this unless you get there

Legalisation at the embassy cost #2,500 per documents I'll advice you load your MasterCard with enough fund things might get crazy out there .i
If there is any information I've omitted kindly include it.

Hi mirror, thanks for this wonderful input, please what is the meaning of family certificate and where do I get one?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Mirror97: 12:29pm On Oct 31, 2016
Go to the court and swear an affidavite stating the name of all your family members, Your Dad mum and your siblings .

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by mryoung16: 2:53pm On Oct 31, 2016
Mirror97:
Go to the court and swear an affidavite stating the name of all your family members, Your Dad mum and your siblings .

Thanks boss
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by DimmyCho(m): 2:57pm On Oct 31, 2016
twinfem:
This is urgent, Please i need your experience on south korea tourist visa, i'm already getting the papers needed but does a tourist visa have to have an invitation letter included? Since it's a tourist visa? What do you advise.

Pls,how can I get a tourist visa? Kindly email me dimmy_chocho@hotmail.com. Thanks
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Shakitibob0: 3:34pm On Oct 31, 2016
chaiks:
please do they have one year diploma in business administration? I I'll be interested in diploma program.
ask them..I don't know sir
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by iyobs7(f): 6:33pm On Oct 31, 2016
Got a mail from Eugene Park from KIT, I have been in constant communication with him regards when admission will begin and he sent me this sometime last week. Now I need to get my IELTS. The email is posted below. By the way am going for software engineering.

Hello everyone,

Greeting from Kumoh National Institute of Technology, Korea!

I’m pleased to inform you of KIT Graduate School Admission Guideline for spring semester 2017.
Please see attached admission guideline for your good information.

Here are important notice for you.

1. I recommend you to contact your future supervisor professor to discuss about your study and get professor’s confirmation about your admission.

Future supervisor professor means one of the faculty members (professor) in kit whom you will work for.
If you can search and contact the one in kit and get the professor’s admission confirmation, then that’s clear that you will be accepted by kit.

To match Graduate School applicant and supervisor professor is very important for the admission stage.
If there’s no professor who wants you to join one’s lab, then you will not get the acceptance.

2. Regarding scholarship, we have limited budget for scholarship every year. So Graduate School committee will select and judge scholarship type and language score every semester.

3. If your citizenship is not one of US, Canada, England, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa, then it is a must to submit one of TOEFL, TOPIK, IELTS, TOEIC or TEPS.

Your admission will be automatically canceled if you don’t send language proficiency test result on time.

If you have further query, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Eugene Park
The International Programs & Language Education Center
Kumoh National Institute of Technology
61 Daehak-ro, Gumi, Gyeongbuk, 39177, Korea
http://eng.kumoh.ac/
Office) +82-54-478-7223
Fax) +82-54-478-7222
E-mail) eugene@kumoh.ac
eugenepark.kit@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Donwised(m): 6:33pm On Oct 31, 2016
Shakitibob0:
pls what and what did they need for the bsc
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by arena07: 8:28pm On Oct 31, 2016
iyobs7:
Got a mail from Eugene Park from KIT, I have been in constant communication with him regards when admission will begin and he sent me this sometime last week. Now I need to get my IELTS. The email is posted below. By the way am going for software engineering.

Hello everyone,

Greeting from Kumoh National Institute of Technology, Korea!

I’m pleased to inform you of KIT Graduate School Admission Guideline for spring semester 2017.
Please see attached admission guideline for your good information.

Here are important notice for you.

1. I recommend you to contact your future supervisor professor to discuss about your study and get professor’s confirmation about your admission.

Future supervisor professor means one of the faculty members (professor) in kit whom you will work for.
If you can search and contact the one in kit and get the professor’s admission confirmation, then that’s clear that you will be accepted by kit.

To match Graduate School applicant and supervisor professor is very important for the admission stage.
If there’s no professor who wants you to join one’s lab, then you will not get the acceptance.

2. Regarding scholarship, we have limited budget for scholarship every year. So Graduate School committee will select and judge scholarship type and language score every semester.

3. If your citizenship is not one of US, Canada, England, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa, then it is a must to submit one of TOEFL, TOPIK, IELTS, TOEIC or TEPS.

Your admission will be automatically canceled if you don’t send language proficiency test result on time.

If you have further query, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Eugene Park
The International Programs & Language Education Center
Kumoh National Institute of Technology
61 Daehak-ro, Gumi, Gyeongbuk, 39177, Korea
http://eng.kumoh.ac/
Office) +82-54-478-7223
Fax) +82-54-478-7222
E-mail) eugene@kumoh.ac
eugenepark.kit@gmail.com
I got the same mail too do u know the exact amount for ielts and TOEFL? hope you have the contact of your faculty professor? because you there recommendation before KIT can grant you admission.... get the professor recommendation first before registering for English test
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Shakitibob0: 9:42pm On Oct 31, 2016
Donwised:
pls what and what did they need for the bsc
please check their website

Kornu.ac
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WILL10: 2:22am On Nov 01, 2016
arena07:
I got the same mail too do u know the exact amount for ielts and TOEFL? hope you have the contact of your faculty professor? because you there recommendation before KIT can grant you admission.... get the professor recommendation first before registering for English test

Bro, i guess u apparently have it all figured-out and seem to just know much more.
How on earth would u advice someone to first get Prof's approval before sitting for an English test, huh?

You must clearly understand dt prof's approval in most cases are hinged on ur excellent English test scores. How den would u now advice peeps not to take exams prior to prof's approval?

I am a PhD student in d IT Convergence dept(same building as software engineering n other depts) at KIT and would be willing to help u all only if u have all necessary docs. English test score inclusive.
Cheers.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by arena07: 6:04am On Nov 01, 2016
WILL10:

Bro, i guess u apparently have it all figured-out and seem to just know much more.
How on earth would u advice someone to first get Prof's approval before sitting for an English test, huh?

You must clearly understand dt prof's approval in most cases are hinged on ur excellent English test scores. How den would u now advice peeps not to take exams prior to prof's approval?

I am a PhD student in d IT Convergence dept(same building as software engineering n other depts) at KIT and would be willing to help u all only if u have all necessary docs. English test score inclusive.
Cheers.
don't misconstrue assertion I have been chatting with Eugene park through e-mail for the past six months and I only comments here base on what we discussed although you are right its better to take the test just to increase the chance of getting admission but as for me still waiting for the confirmation before I take the exam
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 1:07pm On Nov 01, 2016
richardbrandy:
Wow Am Finally Done Reading From Pagpe 1 To Page 96 I Must Commend U Mr Acadollar For Your Good Works And Also Every One Thanks Guys But I Have A Question Am Already 26 Years Old Can I Apply For An Undergraduate Course At Any Of Their Universities Becos I Only Have My Olevel Result Would I Be Accepted Despite My Age And Hope It Wont Bring Complications At The Embassy Once Again Thanks Guys I Need Answers Quickly Pls
No sir

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ntutu(m): 8:57pm On Nov 01, 2016
I thank everybody who deemed it necessary to throw more right on our pursuit. God bless you guys well.Amen
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Shakitibob0: 9:18pm On Nov 01, 2016
Will10..

I sent you mail
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Donwised(m): 11:37pm On Nov 01, 2016
ntutu:
I thank everybody who deemed it necessary to throw more right on our pursuit. God bless you guys well.Amen
ntutu amen to that
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by borntosuccess(m): 11:11pm On Nov 03, 2016
a big thanks to all who contributed to dis thread, have read d thread from page 1-97 ,and have found all d answers I need,thank u all
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by borntosuccess(m): 7:17am On Nov 07, 2016
acadollar:

No sir
Have read d thread from beginning to end and found all d answers I need,thanks 4 creating such a wonderful thread
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 3:29am On Nov 14, 2016
cybug:

Check my last message... E be like say you Neva see am cool
I sent you a message
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Zephon84(m): 8:58am On Nov 15, 2016
Please can u recommend to me the most affordable undergraduate , degree, or diploma awarding institution
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by azubix(m): 9:02am On Nov 19, 2016
Please how many are leaving for south Korea this December?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by mryoung16: 1:39pm On Nov 19, 2016
azubix:
Please how many are leaving for south Korea this December?

@azubix, most people here lacks enough information to further their admission procedure, as am talking to you now am in Abuja now, went to South Korea embassy at maltama yesterday to no if I can get any vital information about the embassy stamp but unfortunately they directed me to central area office. Noticed they changed all the gate men there.

However, most of us will start January 2017, so if there is any information that you think will help never hesitate dropping it, thanks.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Mirror97: 3:29pm On Nov 19, 2016
mryoung16:

@azubix, most people here lacks enough information to further their admission procedure, as am talking to you now am in Abuja now, went to South Korea embassy at maltama yesterday to no if I can get any vital information about the embassy stamp but unfortunately they directed me to central area office. Noticed they changed all the gate men there.

However, most of us will start January 2017, so if there is any information that you think will help never hesitate dropping it, thanks.
what are you saying? Every information you need is here just take your time and read through.

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Shakitibob0: 5:38pm On Nov 19, 2016
mryoung16:

why not check their website and call the helpline they attached.. ?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by fohiss: 7:03pm On Nov 19, 2016
please how much is flight fare ..the cheapest and the airline too
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by borntosuccess(m): 10:03pm On Nov 19, 2016
fohiss:
please how much is flight fare ..the cheapest and the airline too
Ethiopia airline 470k 2stops,Qatar airline 482k 1stop,ar u still going with u conference visa?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by fohiss: 10:05pm On Nov 19, 2016
borntosuccess:
Ethiopia airline 470k 2stops,Qatar airline 482k 1stop,ar u still going with u conference visa?

nope but a visit visa
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by borntosuccess(m): 10:16pm On Nov 19, 2016
fohiss:

nope but a visit visa
ok
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by mryoung16: 7:12am On Nov 20, 2016
Shakitibob0:
why not check their website and call the helpline they attached.. ?

Hi, I have done that for some weeks now but no response from them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (189) (Reply)

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.