Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building (40382 Views)

Video Of How Synagogue Church Guest House Collasped Plus Aircraft Hovering / Synagogue Church Of All Nations Building Collapses (Picture) / Jim Iyke Delivered In Synagogue Church Of All Nations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building by nora544: 5:49pm On Sep 13, 2014
Theblessed:

[size=16pt]Well, let me tell you what you're missing?

You are missing Spiritual In-sight now, go get em!

God does not reveal everything to his Servants - why?

Because, he is God. Based on our behaviours towards him - God does not trust man. So, get it he can not reveal everything to us.

Even you, is it everything that you reveal to your people - father, mother, brothers, sisters, friends, wife, girlfriend No...! So, does God, he does not reveal all to his Servants, gorit! So the Man of God can only work with what God revealed to him and he does it perfectly well, isn't it?

Right now, I suggest you go read your Bible every day perhaps, you will learn how the Almighty operates among his people.
[/size]

Did you read what he writes on his facebook, you can read it at the frontpage.

No one is death sorry that is a big lie, 17 people are death so this is nothing, why he cannot say it happen and we know that people lost their life, what a man of God.

2 Likes

Re: Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building by walezy14(m): 5:54pm On Sep 13, 2014
jnrbayano:

Oh I see. I just deduced you thought I am in support of such gospels?

You are yet to understand why I quoted you the first time.

There are many things which happen in this country that is ludicrous. For instance,

he forcasts disasters elsewhere but couldn't forcast for himself.

Dibia/Babalawo makes a consulter rich yet remains poor

Marriage experts give good councel that nurtures an ailing marriage back to life but stay divorced

Some pastors damning people to hell contrary to what our Master Jesus will do yet they can't stay away from scandals that in truth is capable of leading one to hell

Etc......

People seem to know how to solve people's problems but linger sorrowfully themselves on such problems which they provided remedies for.

I think I opened a thread sometime ago which depicted that.
God will forgive u
Re: Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building by jnrbayano(m): 5:57pm On Sep 13, 2014
walezy14:
God will forgive u

We all need God's mercy and forgiveness.

No?
Re: Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building by hillit: 5:59pm On Sep 13, 2014
D did has been done. I tot he wil jus pray 4 d dead mak dem wake up. Becus d kinda pwr dat man demostrat no be small oo.he jus need to stroll 2 d motuary and do d needfu.chikena!
Re: Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building by arsetalks(m): 6:57pm On Sep 13, 2014
Very silly statement if you ask me. The statement should be an opportunity to have a go at the supposed haters of the church.

To me, it sounds like cursing people. Christ whoo we Christians should model our lives on would not have made such a statement.

1 Like

Re: Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building by Theblessed(f): 7:02pm On Sep 13, 2014
nora544:

Did you read what he writes on his facebook, you can read it at the frontpage.

No one is death sorry that is a big lie, 17 people are death so this is nothing, why he cannot say it happen and we know that people lost their life, what a man of God.

[size=16pt]Based on what is written, it seemed no lives were lost.

The Statement says that those in the building are being rescued - which suggests there were no deaths as of the time of going to the Press. However, if deaths did occur before going to the Press then in my view, the statement is mediocre and appalling.

It depends on whether the deaths you are talking about occurred after the Press Statement but having said that - if deaths later occurred after the Press Statement, it is rightful to update the Statement to take account of those who lost their lives and thus, withdraw the first Statement - that is fair and Right and also respect for families that lost loved ones in this tragedy.

That's my opinion, and I believe it is right in the eyes of God!
[/size]
Re: Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 13, 2014
Jahskid: you are a mad man

For asking a pertinent question? I guess you are an armed chair psychiatrist!
Re: Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 13, 2014
Etizz:

are u really a Christian if u are why don't u ask same question Wen JESUS Christ was nailed n killed on d cross,... God shows vision only Wen he wants u to see it,.....people like u are the ones Waiting for any bad news from d church So u can judge before thinking.....I am not a member of the church but I really don't like people who condemn others....

Judge not and ye shall not be judged. I am not waiting for any bad news. I have never consulted a necromancer and never will. People are deceived into believing charlatans who claim to have the ability to foresee tomorrow contrary to biblical injunctions. Those who claim to be "prophets" and are capable of seeing tomorrow are deceitful. See Mathew chapter 6; Leviticus 19:31 for starters. See also Leviticus 20:27 ESV

“A man or a woman who is a medium or a necromancer shall surely be put to death. They shall be stoned with stones; their blood shall be upon them.”
Re: Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building by buoye1(m): 8:02pm On Sep 13, 2014
omonuan: I thought TBJ is clairvoyant? How come he did not see this coming? Something is amiss here!
God ll be the one to show him things,what if he chooses not to?

1 Like

Re: Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 13, 2014
buoye1: God ll be the one to show him things,what if he chooses not to?

Matthew 24:24 ESV

"For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect."

Jer. 14:14 Then the LORD said to me, “The prophets are prophesying falsehood in My name. I have neither sent them nor commanded them nor spoken to them; they are prophesying to you a false vision, divination, futility and the deception of their own minds.
Jer. 14:15 “Therefore thus says the LORD concerning the prophets who are prophesying in My name, although it was not I who sent them — yet they keep saying, ‘There will be no sword or famine in this land’ — by sword and famine those prophets shall meet their end!

“God’s giving of revelation, spoken and written, is always historically joined and qualified by God’s work of redemption. Now that God has accomplished salvation once-for-all, in Christ, He has also spoken His word, once-for-all, in Christ and in those whom Christ has authorized and empowered by His Spirit (Hebrews 1:1, 2; 2:3, 4; Matthew 16:15-19; John 14:26; Ephesians 2:19, 20). With the completion of salvation in Christ comes the cessation of revelation. Consequently, the church now lives by a ‘Scripture only’ principle of authority,” (Reformed Perspective Magazine, Vol. 9, No. 15, April 8-14, 2007).

Today, christians cannot get any special revelation from anyone apart from the one that God has revealed through the Bible. Suppose a person calling himself a prophet comes to you with a book in which he has written all ‘the revelations’ he has got from God, will christians add that book to the Bible so that you have a Bible with 67 books? Would Christians call that book the Word of God as you call the Bible? Certainly not! Yet what God revealed to the prophets of the old is contained in the Bible as God’s own word. Is this clear to everyone?

The gift of prophecy is only necessary when God wants to give additional revelation (when He wants to reveal more of Himself than He has revealed up to that point in time). A person who says he has the gift of prophecy and he is a "prophet" present today is invariably saying that the Bible is not complete and that we need more material revealed from God. However, God says the Bible is complete and there is no additional revelation needed. "I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God shall add to him the plagues which are written in this book" (Rev. 22:18).

There are no more prophets today! Anyone that says he is a modern day prophet is actually a diviner or more appropriately a necromancer. As some tried to portray before, modern day prophets are akin to babalawo/dibia. They are all purveyors of snake oil as elixir of the ailments of the ignorant.

3 Likes

Re: Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building by experimentist: 8:46pm On Sep 13, 2014
cole265:

Is that TB on stretcher? ...God have mercy.
amen

1 Like

Re: Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building by Orter(m): 8:48pm On Sep 13, 2014
Honestly we ned not make a mokery of the incident but pray to God.
Whoever is there is human being.
Re: Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 13, 2014
Sadbrother:

u ar such a fool, u ar jst like d thief dat asked Jesus Christ to save him self 4rm d cross

Mathew 5:22:

"But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell."

2 Likes

Re: Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building by iswallker(m): 9:20pm On Sep 13, 2014
Theblessed:

[size=16pt]Well, let me tell you what you're missing?

You are missing Spiritual In-sight now, go get em!

God does not reveal everything to his Servants - why?

Because, he is God. Based on our behaviours towards him - God does not trust man. So, get it he can not reveal everything to us.

Even you, is it everything that you reveal to your people - father, mother, brothers, sisters, friends, wife, girlfriend No...! So, does God, he does not reveal all to his Servants, gorit! So the Man of God can only work with what God revealed to him and he does it perfectly well, isn't it?

Right now, I suggest you go read your Bible every day perhaps, you will learn how the Almighty operates among his people.
[/size]

Go take English grammar classes bro... grin

Na only bible you dey read...

1 Like

Re: Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building by clemz88(m): 10:06pm On Sep 13, 2014
Yazmin:

Two pieces of advice:

1. Buy and USE (emphasis) a phone that has an auto word spelling check....

2. Abeg which university dey organise adult education?
You need to learn how to spell words.

Now; Back off !!! Or I'd let the dogs out.....
I knew it that u are not educated .well I know ABU zaria offers adult education ,u can enroll there. Hope av answered u.
Re: Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building by sulmeza(m): 10:31pm On Sep 13, 2014
mcfarlin:

Wow!...so it now seems apt to compare a babalawo with a so called man of GOD??

For the records the dibia/babalawo knows the consequences of getting rich through diabolic means....but please don't console yourself with weak comparisons.
gbam..tnkz bro...no beta way 2 reply him dan dat....thumbs up
Re: Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building by Tessy10: 11:14pm On Sep 13, 2014
Let thy will be done O Lord!....
Judge not that ye may not be judged...
Re: Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 13, 2014
who told him that "what you wish to others God wishes for you"?

God is not man and cannot be influenced by man's folly.

1 Like

Re: Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building by buoye1(m): 12:50am On Sep 14, 2014
omonuan:

Matthew 24:24 ESV

"For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect."

Jer. 14:14 Then the LORD said to me, “The prophets are prophesying falsehood in My name. I have neither sent them nor commanded them nor spoken to them; they are prophesying to you a false vision, divination, futility and the deception of their own minds.
Jer. 14:15 “Therefore thus says the LORD concerning the prophets who are prophesying in My name, although it was not I who sent them — yet they keep saying, ‘There will be no sword or famine in this land’ — by sword and famine those prophets shall meet their end!

“God’s giving of revelation, spoken and written, is always historically joined and qualified by God’s work of redemption. Now that God has accomplished salvation once-for-all, in Christ, He has also spoken His word, once-for-all, in Christ and in those whom Christ has authorized and empowered by His Spirit (Hebrews 1:1, 2; 2:3, 4; Matthew 16:15-19; John 14:26; Ephesians 2:19, 20). With the completion of salvation in Christ comes the cessation of revelation. Consequently, the church now lives by a ‘Scripture only’ principle of authority,” (Reformed Perspective Magazine, Vol. 9, No. 15, April 8-14, 2007).

Today, christians cannot get any special revelation from anyone apart from the one that God has revealed through the Bible. Suppose a person calling himself a prophet comes to you with a book in which he has written all ‘the revelations’ he has got from God, will christians add that book to the Bible so that you have a Bible with 67 books? Would Christians call that book the Word of God as you call the Bible? Certainly not! Yet what God revealed to the prophets of the old is contained in the Bible as God’s own word. Is this clear to everyone?

The gift of prophecy is only necessary when God wants to give additional revelation (when He wants to reveal more of Himself than He has revealed up to that point in time). A person who says he has the gift of prophecy and he is a "prophet" present today is invariably saying that the Bible is not complete and that we need more material revealed from God. However, God says the Bible is complete and there is no additional revelation needed. "I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God shall add to him the plagues which are written in this book" (Rev. 22:18).

There are no more prophets today! Anyone that says he is a modern day prophet is actually a diviner or more appropriately a necromancer. As some tried to portray before, modern day prophets are akin to babalawo/dibia. They are all purveyors of snake oil as elixir of the ailments of the ignorant.
This is how you view it and I won't condemn your opinion but still he doesn't change anything about what I believe!!you can't tell if TB josh if fake or real,which ever way it is why not leave him with the creator of heaven&earth!!God ll remain God 4eva...he chooses to do whatever he likes..it pleases him not to reveal it!!!Cikena
Re: Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building by Nobody: 1:43am On Sep 14, 2014
buoye1: This is how you view it and I won't condemn your opinion but still he doesn't change anything about what I believe!!you can't tell if TB josh if fake or real,which ever way it is why not leave him with the creator of heaven&earth!!God ll remain God 4eva...he chooses to do whatever he likes..it pleases him not to reveal it!!!Cikena

I never mentioned anyone's name but whosoever the cap fits should wear it. You are also entitled to your own opinion too but be rest assured that frauds claiming to have powers they cannot validate in the way the Bible requires abound today. Furthermore, before you can validate that a prophet is real or fake, please just go to chapter 2 of Paul's Letter to Ephesians and read verses 19 to 21:

“So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord,”

The question is: after you have laid the foundation of a house, do you still use the same foundation materials to build the wall of the house as well as roof it? NO! The foundation remains down.

Conclusively, the apostles and prophets being foundation of the church are no longer needed today unless you have concluded that the church is still at its foundational level. However, after more than 2,000 years since the birth of the New Testament Church, you cannot say that the Church is still at its foundation level. The church of Christ has grown and it continues to grow.

There are no new prophets outside the ones in the Bible period. All the self acclaimed prophets today are fake according to the Bible. It is not my view, it is what the Bible says.

1 Like

Re: Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building by Ekken: 3:18am On Sep 14, 2014
jnrbayano:

Haven't you seen a dibia/babalawo making people rich yet stay in abject penury?

Can you question the dibia/babalawo?
so is TBJ baba alawo?
Re: Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building by eligibility: 5:17am On Sep 14, 2014
The hidden knowledge is attached only to God almighty .
You can now see that the word PROPHET attached by any religious leader is a great taboo.
Oh Lord ! Guide us to the right path....

1 Like

Re: Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building by batuns247yahoo(m): 5:17am On Sep 14, 2014
When the going is good Jesus is Lord, and when the going is bad Jesus remain the Lord......... Emmanuel devil will be put to shame.
Re: Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building by jnrbayano(m): 6:24am On Sep 14, 2014
Ekken: so is TBJ baba alawo?

You said it yourself.
Re: Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building by jnrbayano(m): 6:33am On Sep 14, 2014
omonuan:

Mathew 5:22:

"But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell."

I have already forgiven that guy that called me the f* word. Pay no attention to him friend.

1 Like

Re: Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building by rabzy: 8:00am On Sep 14, 2014
This is one of the worst statement I have read about a tragedy. How can he make sucha bland statement in this kind of tragedy. This is shameful beyond belief. I heard in d news that the church said their CCTVV captured helicopters hovering around d compound before its collapse. Were they expecting an invasion from d sky that they pointed their cameras up, then did d camera capture the helis undermining the building, helicopters have been hovering around buildings and pple for yrs nobody has died because of it nor a building collapse. The church should release d footage of whatever d helis did to d building. Or they should just stop talking trash.

2 Likes

Re: Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building by horlasco(m): 9:13am On Sep 14, 2014
I belief d fact about this building collapse have not been review to us,atleast with my own little experience in construction,a building cannot just collapse without having reason.
Re: Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building by berrystunn(m): 11:34am On Sep 14, 2014
Owbeecee: well as at yesterday most social media were reporting that it was a building and not the main auditorium. But from this statement it would seem that nobody died. I hope u r not misleading us as u claimed the social media did yesterday.

T.B. Joshua links building collapse that killed 17 to strange aircraft
Micheal Abimboye - 2 hours agoHEADLINE

The Founder and General Overseer of The Synagogue Church of All Nations, Temitope Joshua, has linked the collapse of an uncompleted Guest House owned by his church to a “strange aircraft” which he said hovered around the building before its collapse.
Mr. Joshua said the plane hovered around the collapsed building for over 30 minutes.
The clergyman spoke just as emergency officials told this newspaper that 17 people died in the incident while 123 others were evacuated alive and rushed to hospital.
Briefing journalists, including a PREMIUM TIMES reporter, on the incident on Saturday, the pastor played a CCTV footage of a flying aircraft to back his claim.
In the footage, a plane was seen flying over the collapsed guest house at four different times on Friday morning — 11: 30 a.m, 11: 43 a.m, 11:45 a.m and 11: 54 a.m.
The ‎building collapsed at 12:44 p.m Friday afternoon.
PREMIUM TIMES was unable to authenticate the footage, and it remains unclear whether there is indeed a relationship between the flying aircraft and the collapse of the building.
But in his speech, Mr. Joshua insisted the aircraft, which flew past almost an hour before the incident, was responsible for the collapse of the building.
The pastor said he was the target of the attack.

“Immediately I left the prayer room (which is a 10-minute drive form the church) for the church, I got a call that a jet was hovering over the prayer room but as I finished bathing and moved to the prayer room, I got another call that the jet has moved to the church and that was it,” Mr. Joshua said.
“Members cannot be the target, the easier way to stop this church is to get the head and from my explanation, you know the truth,” he added.
Mr. Joshua called on security agents to study the CCTV footage as they investigate the incident.
He promised to speak further on the incident during service on Sunday.
“Service will hold tomorrow and I will state my position tomorrow in service, you can watch it live on Emmanuel TV,” he said.
He also apologised ‎to the press following the hostile treatment of journalists by members of his church.
“We are very sorry on their behalf,” he said. “Our members are not hostile. The Bible is our standard. Even the Bible today, without the press, it cannot be accessible to many. Our members have respect for the press. When we fight the press, we are fighting Emmanuel TV. They value you people.”

Meanwhile, rescue operations at the site of the collapsed hotel is still going on.
Authorities of the National Emergency Management Association, NEMA, said 17 people died in the incident while 123 others were rescued alive.
Speaking on the attitude of church members, NEMA spokesperson, Ibrahim Farinloye, said, “They are not too hostile neither are they receptive. We handled the equipment while they handled crowd control.”
‎As at 5:50 p.m. when our reporter left the scene, ambulances were still rushing rescued victims to the nearby Igando General Hospital.
The church members however remained hostile to journalists despite the apology by Mr. Joshua
.https://m.premiumtimesng.com/headlines/168088-t-b-joshua-links-building-collapse-that-killed-17-to-strange-aircraft-says-he-was-target-of-attack.htm
Re: Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building by allisonluvsu(m): 1:28pm On Sep 14, 2014
Watch the video of the collapse Scoan guest building at https://www.nairaland.com/1902459/video-how-synagogue-church-guest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

No Terrorist Group Shouts ‘Jesus, Jesus’ Before Attacks – CAN Replies Soyinka / Priest Cuts Down Tree For "Hindering People's Progress". PICS / Buhari To Die Soon – Owusu Bempah, Ghana Prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.