Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! (14533 Views)

Poll: Do you believe that the Nigerian government will find and bring to justice the killers of Funsho Williams?

I'm very sure: 5% (3 votes)
I'm positive: 17% (9 votes)
I doubt: 58% (30 votes)
It's impossible: 9% (5 votes)
I don't care: 7% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Court Approves Suit Against Tinubu Over Murder Of Funsho Williams / PDP's Lagos Rally Dwarfs APC's Mega Rally In Lagos [ compare photos] / Massive Crowd Inflow At PDP Lagos Rally [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by segedoo(m): 5:47am On Jul 29, 2006
God save the blackman from others and especially himself.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by oshkosh(m): 7:29am On Jul 29, 2006
Don't speculate. He and Ogunlewe may have been bitter rivals, but their may have been fifth columnist wary of him and acting to protect their own interest. Or even those acting for Ogunlewe without his knowledge given that politicians can have cult personalities amongst their supporters.

I hope they find out the killers SAP, otherwise this may enbolden the political jobbers and thugs in our midst before 2007.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by dearie(m): 8:16am On Jul 29, 2006
Does anyone understand the concept of 'misdirection"? It beats my imagination that everyone is pointing in one direction- OGUNLEWE!

Without holding brief for him ('cos he's not my man at all) I think we shl also look outside the box. Must it be politically motivated?

I feel Ogunlewe will not have envisaged b4 killing William (If he did) that due to their percieved rivalry he would be no the 1 suspect.

In essence, I'm saying it's possible, that someone (may be, a long time agrieved biz-partner of his) could have decided to strike him now, knowing that all eyes will be looking in the direction they are now.

Pls I'll implore the drafted detectives to explore the depth of their wit and not be prejudiced or be pre-empted by mere assumptions, 'cos anything is possible.

I pray God gives us the fortitude to bear this one irreparable loss!
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Oracle(m): 11:02am On Jul 29, 2006
Some guys have been arrested for the murder of Funsho Williams
http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2006/july/29/national-29-07-2006-01.htm
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by tianshie(m): 12:16pm On Jul 29, 2006
Everybody's saying Ogunlewe's name. Couldn't it just be that some other group murdered Funsho,knowing it would be blamed on Ogunlewe in order to eliminate both of them? sort of how the tupac -biggie thing was resolved.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by babadee(m): 4:17pm On Jul 29, 2006
tianshie:

Everybody's saying Ogunlewe's name. Couldn't it just be that some other group murdered Funsho,
i agree but as far as nigerians are concerned, you can tell that to the fishes, in nigeria, presumption is termed as a conviction so all things being equal, ogunlewe has a lot of explaining to do and hes definetely out of the governorship equation
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by kuntakinte(m): 4:24pm On Jul 29, 2006
tell u what? If Nzeribe's the next victim, it's not going to be a big loss, infact it's a blessing in disguise. Having said that i think it's a total disgrace for the nation on this development. I strongly condemn it! Goes to show u the amount of money flowing up there in the government, for someone to be desperate enough to kill another! Shame on us!
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Christino(m): 5:06pm On Jul 29, 2006
that's the koko, all for money, power and fame - a life?
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by kitaun(m): 5:26pm On Jul 29, 2006
I kinda agree with Dearie on this issue, because it makes the misdirection theory so real, but i must confess that the political class is full of killers, looters, thugs-in-power, may God Save Naija cry cry cry cry
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Christino(m): 12:04am On Jul 30, 2006
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Fimmy(m): 11:45am On Jul 30, 2006
well it nothing to me cos i know it will happen,this is Democracy.
WELL WHAT WE SHOULD BE PONDERING ABOUT NOW IS "WHO IS NEXT TO DIE"
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by stanech: 12:16pm On Jul 30, 2006
My brodas them don plan everything them know wetin them dey do them one decieve us again If them like make them kill each other.

If them don kill finish the ones wey remain we go use our hand kill them finish
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Odeku(m): 1:59pm On Jul 30, 2006
You guys just need to wait and see. I guaranty you this is one murder case that will be solve in Nigeria, remember we have cell phones now. all activities on the cell phones can be monitor and obtain, and I recollect they have a centralized databased in Nigeria now due to the census conducted by OBJ, fingerprints will be match to the database and before you know it some key players will be arrested and jail. the next couple weeks will be vital.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by sherri(f): 4:17pm On Jul 30, 2006
@zebudaya
anger will motivate us to act. is indifference a better alternative?
afterall this is the only country we can call our own (no matter what your status is in a foreign land it is still a foregn land. even if you were born in say the uk or usa or wherever people will still ask what your roots are)
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Jakumo(m): 8:39pm On Jul 30, 2006
Detectives from London's Metropolitan Police have apparently gathered evidence in the Lagos home of the murder victim, so at the very least the place got a good dusting for finger-prints, which is novel and highly unusual for Nigerian crime scene investigations. It is quite odd that a Lagos murder scene has mysteriously fallen under the jurisdiction of the London police, and more surprises are bound to be in store as the investigation unfolds.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Oracle(m): 10:27pm On Jul 30, 2006
It is definite that everyone will suspect his opponent, so i hope nobody is surprised or shocked, however it is still possible that Ogunlewe is innocent
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by osunbade(m): 10:55pm On Jul 30, 2006
every sane nigerian will not be surprised at this development cos it is not different from eating breakfast in the morning, it is election time so people have to be 'sacrificed' especially in that sub al-queada group called PDP.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Odeku(m): 11:13pm On Jul 30, 2006
Not at the extent of innocent lives. the master mind behind this gruesome killing will be exposed. The Nigeria today is not the same Nigeria of yesterday. the 1st mistake the assassins made was to leave behind the murder weapon, and trail marks. someone big is behind this killing and they will be exposed. this will send a clear message to a politicians to be. No mercy for the mercyless. who ever is behind this killing will be hang high
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Mariory(m): 11:49pm On Jul 30, 2006
Jakumo:

It is quite odd that a Lagos murder scene has mysteriously fallen under the jurisdiction of the London police, and more surprises are bound to be in store as the investigation unfolds.

Please don't misinform people. The 3 officers from London are there at the request of the Nigerian police. They are working with the Nigerian police because they have more experience and expertise. It is still a Nigerian investigation and is not under the jurisdiction of the London police.

These types of collaborative investigations are common.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by DaHitler(m): 3:41am On Jul 31, 2006
PDP for Lagos has just put a 25 million naira reward for any information leading to the arrest of those responsible.

This is a very move on the part of the party both to solve the issue and to curtail any fall-out that might occur from it. Afterall, from the pulse I am getting the bulk of the blame is falling on the party itself.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by buraimoh(m): 5:02pm On Jul 31, 2006
Who do you think killed Funsho Williams
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by naijadiva2(f): 6:27pm On Jul 31, 2006
i don't think you are going to get the answer here.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by naijadiva2(f): 6:27pm On Jul 31, 2006
especially in 3 days.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by shawna(f): 6:36pm On Jul 31, 2006
@topic
and u think u will get the answer here on nl in 3 days undecided
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by naijadiva2(f): 6:37pm On Jul 31, 2006
also. who will confess online. that's dumb.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by dollypee1(f): 7:08pm On Jul 31, 2006
:d :d :d :d :d :d,vent ur anger boy!!
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by aykay(m): 9:59pm On Jul 31, 2006
lol, another one of those fcukd up topics. How r we supposed to know who killed him when we were not there?
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by buchio7(m): 10:21pm On Jul 31, 2006
If you want to find d killers look within the pdp, someone dere has everytin to gain by williams being dead.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Christino(m): 8:13am On Aug 01, 2006
The interest and full support of the AD raises room for suspiscion. And now with a 35 million "virtual" ransom, I don't think the killers will be found. We may end up having the case of another "Fryo" or worse still an innocent guy or group of hustlas may be paraded as the killers.

Sadly, we've seen such in the past.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by buraimoh(m): 9:23am On Aug 01, 2006
There has been so much media report about the events of things and circumstances concerning Engr. Folusho William's death.

Anyone with ideas of where you think this would lead to in Nigeria political arena?

Any ideas of who or what you think may be responsible for his death?

Please this topic is open to discussion and who knows you may just receive the N25million reward for any information that may be useful.

MY PRAYER ISTHAT THIS TYPE OF INCIDENCE WILL NOT REPEAT ITSELF IN OUR HISTORY AGAIN. cry shocked

After all we are still trying to find out those that are responsible for Bola Ige's death. sad
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by michy(f): 9:32am On Aug 01, 2006
we are in nigeria and the fact is that they know the killers but they will never reveal the person.
just pray this current I.G of police will do something.
its not good to judge but Ogunlewe is the chief corner stone behind his death.
its just so clear.the man died days after he had a political clash with him
its quite obvious that he was a stumbling block to ogunlewe cos everybody loved him williams
someone so determined to come out and contest for the 3rd time is not a joke.
if am left to speak,i ll say that ogunlewe should be caught for the man's death
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by buraimoh(m): 9:44am On Aug 01, 2006
Dear michy, i support your line of thought to an extent but what if there is another side to this story just recently, yesterday to be precise we read in one of the papers that he was about concluding plans to query and quiz some top shots in NMA ( National Maritime Authority) for the misappropriation of some huge amount of money.

Sorry for Mis-spelling his name as well.

I MEANT TO SAY ENGR FUNSHO WILLIAMS AND NOT FOLUSHO.
So please note the correction.

THANKS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Loot Recovery: Edwin Clark Backs Buhari / Igboho Denies Plan To Attack Alake Of Egbaland / Buhari Condemns Coup In Turkey, Congratulates President Erdogan For Surviving Pu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.