Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! (14532 Views)

Poll: Do you believe that the Nigerian government will find and bring to justice the killers of Funsho Williams?

I'm very sure: 5% (3 votes)
I'm positive: 17% (9 votes)
I doubt: 58% (30 votes)
It's impossible: 9% (5 votes)
I don't care: 7% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Court Approves Suit Against Tinubu Over Murder Of Funsho Williams / PDP's Lagos Rally Dwarfs APC's Mega Rally In Lagos [ compare photos] / Massive Crowd Inflow At PDP Lagos Rally [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by debosky(m): 8:06pm On Jul 28, 2006
its really a shame, we truly do not value life in nigeria nay africa as a whole,

hobbes described our view of life well - short and brutish. most folks have become desensitized to death.

God help us all.

PDP is truly a nest of killers - Bola Ige,. . . . , Funsho Williams who next?
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by ikamefa(f): 8:08pm On Jul 28, 2006
the boogey man grin
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by debosky(m): 8:09pm On Jul 28, 2006
Senator Adeseye Ogunlewe - by proxy
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Drusilla(f): 8:31pm On Jul 28, 2006
toshman,

It is not like you take a bus daily from the UK back to Nigeria. Don't play games.

I have already replied to you in that other thread.

Sorry but one does tire easily of serious things being spoken of, only to have someone who refuses to read replies longer than sound bites, come along and give you a meaningless sound bite.

You might as well start dropping your favorite singers into the politics section in response to those making an effort to talk about these things.

They would have the same value as some of your more banal statements.

Your whitegirling me.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Drusilla(f): 8:41pm On Jul 28, 2006
Debosky,

I agree.

Someone made what was supposed to be a mean remark to me about dying in America not Africa.

If I die in America, Black Americans might set  fire to all of these cities depending on how important I am.

Even as an American, America might bomb on an African country if someone kills me there. (the soldier killed in Germany that caused America to bomb Libya was Black)

There are marches in every innercity all summer long to protest the police doing nothing about Black children getting murdered by other black children, so even the least of us Blacks in America or the West will not go unnoticed into the grave.

I did not even reply to the person calling themselves being mean to me. I felt the pain too deeply of the fear of dying in Africa.

I want to change that. But people ain't hearing me yet.

We got to say that all black life is valuable and that won't happen by magic. You have to teach black people that they are valuable.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by AbdulWasiu(m): 8:44pm On Jul 28, 2006
I think it's quite reasonable 2 suggest that other possibilities be considered in d ongoing police investigation & not political rivary alone cos who knws what lies beneath? wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:46pm On Jul 28, 2006
The only elected AD canidate in yoruba land is Dead
Is this is a coincidence or is PDP doing some cleansing of its own?
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Orikinla(m): 8:49pm On Jul 28, 2006
Senator Adeseye Ogunlewe is the prime suspect for the assassination of Funso Williams.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by debosky(m): 8:50pm On Jul 28, 2006
I wonder how long that will take, we still starve each other, massacre each other at the slightest provocation

even when the issues are not even remotely related to us e.g danish cartoon riots i northern nigeria

I hope we start educating ourselves from now, cos if we don't value our own lives no one will.

oh blackman know yourself, don't forget your past!
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by toshmann(m): 9:03pm On Jul 28, 2006
whar do u expect. how can people value thier lives in africa. when all we see in the universities are cult killings etc. when the children are not being given great education. public schools are so deteriorated. go to lagos and see the molues human beings enter. how much can it cost the govt to remove all those buses and replace them with real buses.how much. see our roads. lives are lost daily on it. who cares,nobody and children grow in such environment and enter the university and the 1st thing they do is buy a form for a cult. that's it.

we need to re groom the youths of the nation. to get that human dignity restored in our subconcious. otherwise, human life and death there will be mere statistics.

here in cardiff, i go to church on sunday and every sunday in st michaels church in the heath cardiff they pray for all the british soldiers in iraq and afghanistan. those of them from cardiff, they mention their names one by one. if one soldier dies the whole country mourns. i dunno if our defence minister knows the number of nigerian soldiers that died in liberia.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Odeku(m): 9:16pm On Jul 28, 2006
How do you know he has any thing to do with this senceless killing?
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by sherri(f): 9:46pm On Jul 28, 2006
i am deeply saddened by most of the postings, u are all the future of nigeria. it is glaringly clear why the country is where it is (in shambles) i can't believe we have become so complacent and taking this as if it was just another normal occurence!
we need to be angry as hell (that 's how a revolution can begin) it could be your father, uncle, brother, sister. etc. and come to think of it, if the elements behind this evil act can kill an elite what is stopping them from trampling the masses?
i can see u all ol, rofl reu and all that but please think about it,
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by zebudaya(m): 9:53pm On Jul 28, 2006
@ sherri What would anger do for us? How would [b]you [/b]prevent this from happening again?
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Oracle(m): 9:57pm On Jul 28, 2006
An iroko tree, full of life,
fruitful, useful, faithful,
suddenly brought down
and trodden upon
the giant of all trees
suddenly becomes
the lifeless log.

just when dreams seem to come true
just when promises seem to fulfill
just when prayer seem to be answered
then tragedy strikes
this iroko tree has fallen to rise no more
may his gentle soul rest in peace
AMEN undecided cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Drusilla(f): 10:48pm On Jul 28, 2006
Debosky,

Think about Ida B. Wells.

She was One. She said, I care. She carefully documented blacks being lynched and the reasons. On her own, nobody paid her for this.

She was actually killed by whites for her little book.

It is not even possible for her to have known how her little book would help put an end to lynching decades later.

Nor could she have known that her book would be taught at every American University and all children black and white would be taught her name in this country.

This is a revolution of One.

Just One has to say they care.

That is how long this takes.

In America Black Americans risk their own lives and the comfort of their own lives being disturbed if and when they see a black person being arrested or held in a police car. They will stop their own car and get out and ask what is going on. Cops will get mad and tell them to get away before they get charged with obstruction of justice.

I just watched a 19 year old girl get thrown in a police car and get a ticket for disturbing the peace because of this very thing, not less than 2 weeks ago. I've seen it many a times.

And you better believe she has pictures on her camera cell phone of the whole incident for when she goes to court.

She aint even finished high school, she ain't sat at the feet of no great revolutionary teachers.

All she knows is that if you see Black people in trouble being harrassed by police or otherwise being hurt.

You must be a revolution of One and be willing to die for them.

She says: I am Black and they are Black.

And that is all that she needs to know, to make her put her life on the line.

Africa & Nigeria does not lack people willing to kill another Black person.

They lack people willing to die for another Black person.

This is why they must be taught to love their own Blackselves.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Drusilla(f): 10:50pm On Jul 28, 2006
toshman,

None of that comes until people start to see their own worth.

And I do not mean that mentally ill type of worth and value that some have shown here: of people having worth only if they have an college education or have money.

I am talking about a basic worth of the person as another Black person in this world struggling just like me to make it in this world where we as black people have been dominated and oppressed for at least the last 600 years.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by LiquidMind(m): 10:57pm On Jul 28, 2006
Our belove country is trying to fill my heat with grief agony & bitterness cry
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by zebudaya(m): 10:58pm On Jul 28, 2006
drusilla you type with so much space in between, it makes your posts too long and hard to read
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Drusilla(f): 11:07pm On Jul 28, 2006
Zebudaya,

When Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat on the bus and was arrested and put in jail. All Black people walked until they broke the back of Jim Crow. Again it just takes One person to say: Black people are important. If we could get just One to stand in front of the police station in Nigeria until the killer is found. And another One to take his place after they kill or put him in jail. Doesn't take a dew drop of education. Doesn't take a gun or a willingness to kill. Africa has had enough of that. It just takes people who know that every Black person has value.

How's that? (I actually prefer spaced out posts but ain't gonna let nothing like that get in between us.)
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by debosky(m): 11:40pm On Jul 28, 2006
er josboy funsho williams was not elected, neither was he AD, at least not since 2002 when he decamped.

all the same its sad, he's one of the few politicians who could actually be said to have something to offer in governance, not like most of the career

money grabbers we have around.

I still believe its political rivals and ogunlewe is my choice because the guy is a thug, who will do anything to rule Lagos, he's been at it ever since even

when he was minister.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Damest09(f): 11:49pm On Jul 28, 2006
Who is Senator Adeseye Ogunlewe and what is the relationship of the two like?
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Mariory(m): 12:58am On Jul 29, 2006
@Drusilla
Please can we keep this on track. I know you hate whites a great deal but, as regards to this thread no one cares.

As regards to the actual situation, 2 more people have have been arrested as suspects.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060728/ap_on_re_af/nigeria_politician_killed;_ylt=AmBmuWijtEFRG_MW1e9hhR.96Q8F;_ylu=X3oDMTBjMHVqMTQ4BHNlYwN5bnN1YmNhdA--
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Drusilla(f): 1:13am On Jul 29, 2006
Mariory,

You are a liar. My own mother is white. My brother and my sister too. My grandparents and my aunts and uncles. I am named after my white great grandmother and look exactly like my white grandmother.

It is getting a little sickening the way so many here choose to lie on me, that I hate whites, rather than face the reality that I could be telling the truth about the white people they worship as gods.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Drusilla(f): 1:15am On Jul 29, 2006
As Bob Marley said when reporters would ask him if he hated whites, because of the things he said:

I am Black and White. I can not hate myself.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by edygirl(f): 1:17am On Jul 29, 2006
Drusilla, I need you right away on the topic " In defence of Chxta"
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Oracle(m): 1:38am On Jul 29, 2006
No one knows
and don't you think people will doubt if anyone open and said "this person killed funsho"
he's dead itz only God that can intervene now
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Orikinla(m): 2:08am On Jul 29, 2006
I just returned from Lagos last night. And passed by the home of the late Funso Williams in Dolphin Estate, Ikoyi, Lagos. And people were discussing the bloody clash between the supporters of the political rivals.

Read this latest news on the tragic assassination of Engr. Funso Williams.
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20060727/ap_on_re_af/nigeria_politician_killed_1
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Akolawole(m): 2:09am On Jul 29, 2006
JosBoy4Lif:

The only elected AD canidate in yoruba land is Dead
Is this is a coincidence or is PDP doing some cleansing of its own?

Only God knows how many people you've told about this your "fact"
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by omonije(m): 3:33am On Jul 29, 2006
Somebody should please inform Ehindero and his boys to stop kiding themselves. If, Tafabalogun who happens to be thier elder brother could not find answer to, who kill Bola Ige ? Who are they to be misyernig that they would locate the killers of funso Williams. Gruop of Buzz zit,
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Mariory(m): 3:48am On Jul 29, 2006
Drusilla:

Mariory,
You are a liar. My own mother is white. My brother and my sister too. My grandparents and my aunts and uncles. I am named after my white great grandmother and look exactly like my white grandmother.

It is getting a little sickening the way so many here choose to lie on me, that I hate whites, rather than face the reality that I could be telling the truth about the white people they worship as gods.

Just because sane people don't agree with your logic does not mean they worship whites. By the way, do you have a neurologist?
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:16am On Jul 29, 2006
It is just a thought, i can not prove it therefore it is no fact,
just me stipulating, just like no one can say it was ogunlewe who is responsible capishe,
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Drusilla(f): 4:38am On Jul 29, 2006
Mariory,

We were not discussing sane people, we were discussing liars.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lawsuit Filed In Chicago Over Nigerian Plane Crash / Loot Recovery: Edwin Clark Backs Buhari / Peter Obi’s Interview With BBC - Security Is The Priority.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.