Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,241 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

Ndigbo, We Defend Thieves: Open Letter To The Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo, We Defend Thieves: Open Letter To The Igbos (439 Views)

Rear-admiral Alison Madueke (rtd) Flies In Legal Team To Defend His Wife Diezani / EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves / Don't Run Away To East Gov Yero Of Kaduna State Appeals To Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ndigbo, We Defend Thieves: Open Letter To The Igbos by nairaclass: 11:15am On Sep 13, 2014
When has Igbo become so ethically compromised that they must defend even thieves from Igboland? Are these Igbo not aware that such fight, like in the case of Stella Oduah not only ridicules the Igbo but belittles them before others? What happens to the sanctimonious resolve of our fore fathers never to get involved in war of blame?

At the risk of being tagged once again as anti-Igbo by rabid, commissioned slave traders who see Ndigbo as easy wares to be marketed to their political masters, I write this open letter to my people.

At the huge risk of being called names by my brothers and sisters, I boldly write this piece to my people. I have been called names in the past for speaking out and I may be wrong but please forgive me. I write because I know that a story that must be told never forgives silence. I write despite all odds because I know that when a writer is silent he or she is lying. I write because I want things to be done differently, because I know that the greatest part of hell will be reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of great moral crisis. I write knowing fully well that I am not the best God ever created and therefore mine cannot be the last word. Two incidents involving Mrs. Stella Oduah, who was removed as a Minister for corruption, and General Ihejirika, who just retired from the Nigerian Army necessitated this open letter.....

Read more from http://afrinaija.com/?p=240

(1) (Reply)

How I Tamed 'the Leopard Of Port Harcourt' – Mbu / Gej,nigeria,corruption,injustice And The 12 Convicted Soldiers / Seized 9.3M$: SA Faults FG's Explanation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.