Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,009 members, 7,859,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 03:28 PM

Prof. Wole Soyinka On Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sheriff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof. Wole Soyinka On Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sheriff (1644 Views)

Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu / Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi / Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof. Wole Soyinka On Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sheriff by MalcoImX: 2:45pm On Sep 13, 2014
"Regarding General Ihejirika, I have my own theories regarding how he may have come under Stephen Davis’ searchlight in the first place, ending up on his list of the inculpated. All I shall propose at this stage is that an international panel be set up to examine all allegations, irrespective of status or office of any accused."
//
"Well, while awaiting the Chibok girls, and in that very connection, there is at least an individual whom the nation needs to bring back, and urgently. His name is Stephen Davis, the erstwhile negotiator in the oft aborted efforts to actually bring back the girls. Nigeria needs him back – no, not back to the physical nation space itself, but to a Nigerian induced forum, convoked anywhere that will guarantee his safety and can bring others to join him."
//
"I know Stephen Davis, I worked in the background with him during efforts to resolve the insurrection in the Delta region under President Shehu Yar’Adua. I have not been involved in his recent labours for a number of reasons. The most basic is that my threshold for confronting evil across a table is not as high as his - thanks, perhaps, to his priestly calling."
//
"I am therefore compelled to warn that anything that Stephen Davis claims to have uncovered cannot be dismissed out of hand. It cannot be wished away by foul-mouthed abuse and cheap attempts to impugn his integrity – that is an absolute waste of time and effort. Of the complicity of ex-Governor Sheriff in the parturition of Boko Haram, I have no doubt whatsoever, and I believe that the evidence is overwhelming. Femi Falana can safely assume that he has my full backing – and that of a number of civic organizations - if he is compelled to go ahead and invoke the legal recourses available to him to force Sheriff’s prosecution. The evidence in possession of Security Agencies - plus a number of diplomats in Nigeria - is overwhelming, and all that is left is to let the man face criminal persecution. It is certain he will also take many others down with him."
//
Read full article here:
http://saharareporters.com/2014/09/13/bringbackjonathan2015-wages-impunity-wole-soyinka

1 Like

Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka On Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sheriff by Gbawe1: 2:52pm On Sep 13, 2014
MalcoImX: "Regarding General Ihejirika, I have my own theories regarding how he may have come under Stephen Davis’ searchlight in the first place, ending up on his list of the inculpated. All I shall propose at this stage is that an international panel be set up to examine all allegations, irrespective of status or office of any accused."
//
"Well, while awaiting the Chibok girls, and in that very connection, there is at least an individual whom the nation needs to bring back, and urgently. His name is Stephen Davis, the erstwhile negotiator in the oft aborted efforts to actually bring back the girls. Nigeria needs him back – no, not back to the physical nation space itself, but to a Nigerian induced forum, convoked anywhere that will guarantee his safety and can bring others to join him."
//
"I know Stephen Davis, I worked in the background with him during efforts to resolve the insurrection in the Delta region under President Shehu Yar’Adua. I have not been involved in his recent labours for a number of reasons. The most basic is that my threshold for confronting evil across a table is not as high as his - thanks, perhaps, to his priestly calling."
//
"I am therefore compelled to warn that anything that Stephen Davis claims to have uncovered cannot be dismissed out of hand. It cannot be wished away by foul-mouthed abuse and cheap attempts to impugn his integrity – that is an absolute waste of time and effort. Of the complicity of ex-Governor Sheriff in the parturition of Boko Haram, I have no doubt whatsoever, and I believe that the evidence is overwhelming. Femi Falana can safely assume that he has my full backing – and that of a number of civic organizations - if he is compelled to go ahead and invoke the legal recourses available to him to force Sheriff’s prosecution. The evidence in possession of Security Agencies - plus a number of diplomats in Nigeria - is overwhelming, and all that is left is to let the man face criminal persecution. It is certain he will also take many others down with him."
//
Read full article here:
http://saharareporters.com/2014/09/13/bringbackjonathan2015-wages-impunity-wole-soyinka

One wonders what the GEJ Government is waiting for.
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka On Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sheriff by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 13, 2014
well said old man

1 Like

Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka On Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sheriff by MalcoImX: 2:57pm On Sep 13, 2014
Ours is to look unto God. He'll definitely avenge for all those innocent people, displaced and killed.
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka On Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sheriff by BlackTechnology: 3:10pm On Sep 13, 2014
Waste of time
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka On Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sheriff by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:13pm On Sep 13, 2014
Why wasting ur saliva? No be Jonathan's era we dey?
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka On Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sheriff by egift(m): 3:18pm On Sep 13, 2014
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1688626_dfdfdfd_jpeg7b78d779fa56515fb27af55b97c67f0a

Jonathan dining with the Enemies of the State since time imo river!

We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan
https://www.nairaland.com/832729/know-sponsors-bomb-blasts-president
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka On Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sheriff by Collynzo17: 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2014
Summary of Wole Soyinka's write up.
Allegation on Ihejirika: Theory
Allegation on Sheriff: Fact
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka On Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sheriff by Ngwakwe: 3:25pm On Sep 13, 2014
Nigeria Government should solve Bokoharam Insurgency her own way and never listen to ridiculous advices from people lacking necessary Intelligence on the ground.

Recently the US administration was involved in prisoner exchange with Taliban while their citizens are blaming them for not doing enough to rescue the two journalist slaughtered by ISIL.

The UN has already proscribe Bokoharam hence their activities are now under watch indirectly and otherwise.

The recent unceremonious withdrawal of US, UK and France from operation rescue Chibok girls is a testament against the believe that some almighty country across the sea has a magic wand to resolving hostage taking and terrorism.

The obsession and call (by some elements in the country) on international community to meddle in our affairs is now embarrassing seeing the non existing powers, regard and omnipotency ascribe to them have become questionable to say the lest.

Our Security Agencies are in possession of more credible and reliable Intelligence have the wherewithal to manage and share them according to our National concern.
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka On Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sheriff by RockMaxi: 3:31pm On Sep 13, 2014
Of the complicity of ex-Governor Sheriff in the parturition of Boko Haram, I have no doubt whatsoever, and I believe that the evidence is overwhelming.

The evidence in possession of Security Agencies - plus a number of diplomats in Nigeria - is overwhelming, and all that is left is to let the man face criminal persecution. It is certain he will also take many others down with him."

Is there anyone noticing that Davies revelations are deeper than what is available with the media.
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka On Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sheriff by superstar1(m): 3:32pm On Sep 13, 2014
Nigeria is a pot of mess.
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka On Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sheriff by Rawani: 3:35pm On Sep 13, 2014
Collynzo17: [s]Summary of Wole Soyinka's write up.
Allegation on Ihejirika: Theory
Allegation on Sheriff: Fact[/s]

MalcoImX:
"I am therefore compelled to warn that anything that Stephen Davis claims to have uncovered cannot be dismissed out of hand. It cannot be wished away by foul-mouthed abuse and cheap attempts to impugn his integrity – that is an absolute waste of time and effort.
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka On Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sheriff by IGBOSON1: 3:37pm On Sep 13, 2014
Can any of you guys supporting a call for investigating Ihejirika direct me to where any of you have condemned the war crimes carried out on Biafrans by the likes of Adekunle, Murtala, Awolowo and Gowon; and called for their trial at The Hague? Or is it different when the accused and victims are Igbo?

Of course you could all argue that no war crimes were committed on Biafrans during the war, and we can leave it at that!

'One nation'.....fellow 'loving compatriots' my dic/k!
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka On Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sheriff by Ngwakwe: 3:38pm On Sep 13, 2014
egift:
We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan
https://www.nairaland.com/832729/know-sponsors-bomb-blasts-president

There are question begging for your contribution and opinion on the thread below

5. In your party's statement you lambasted former Borno State governor, Senator Ali Modu Sherriff, for having a history and notoriety as a Boko Haram sponsor. But until two months ago, Sherriff was in your party, the APC and was one of its chief promoters. Are you saying that you only discovered his notoriety after he left your party?

www.nairaland.com/1901023/terrorism-16-questions-apc-chieftains#26262651

Contrary to your obsessions, the same man in the picture has a history with the opposition.

The worst of the matter I guess was his withdrawal of his membership from APC on his own accord.

The only moral ground you would have operated does not exist seeing that it wasn't APC that sack ex-Governor
Sheriff rather the other way round hence your effort to critique him is null and void.
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka On Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sheriff by omenka(m): 3:39pm On Sep 13, 2014
I am therefore compelled to warn that anything that Stephen Davis claims to have uncovered cannot be
dismissed out of hand. It cannot be wished away by foul-
mouthed abuse and cheap attempts to impugn his integrity
– that is an absolute waste of time and effort.
I hope that illiterate floozie, Marylin Ogar, is reading this!! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka On Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sheriff by omenka(m): 3:42pm On Sep 13, 2014
Ngwakwe: Nigeria Government should solve Bokoharam Insurgency her own way and never listen to ridiculous advices from people lacking necessary Intelligence on the ground.

Recently the US administration was involved in prisoner exchange with Taliban while their citizens are blaming them for not doing enough to rescue the two journalist slaughtered by ISIL.

The UN has already proscribe Bokoharam hence their activities are now under watch indirectly and otherwise.

The recent unceremonious withdrawal of US, UK and France from operation rescue Chibok girls is a testament against the believe that some almighty country across the sea has a magic wand to resolving hostage taking and terrorism.

The obsession and call (by some elements in the country) on international community to meddle in our affairs is now embarrassing seeing the non existing powers, regard and omnipotency ascribe to them have become questionable to say the lest.

Our Security Agencies in possession of more credible and reliable Intelligence have the wherewithal to manage and share them according to our National concern.
What in God's name are you trying to say??

1 Like

Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka On Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sheriff by adewalebs(m): 3:43pm On Sep 13, 2014
Ngwakwe: Nigeria Government should solve Bokoharam Insurgency her own way and never listen to ridiculous advices from people lacking necessary Intelligence on the ground.

Our Security Agencies in possession of more credible and reliable Intelligence have the wherewithal to manage and share them according to our National concern.

all will be well.
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka On Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sheriff by Ngwakwe: 3:46pm On Sep 13, 2014
omenka: What in God's name are you trying to say??

Reacting to the article and your obsession

3 Likes

Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka On Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sheriff by omenka(m): 3:53pm On Sep 13, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Reacting to the article and your obsession
You still aren't making any sense brother. Aren't you too old for this??

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka On Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sheriff by Collynzo17: 3:53pm On Sep 13, 2014
Rawani:

If you read the full article, he said he knows the name of the CBN official involved in financing Boko haram and many more.
Let them tell us all they know, what are they waiting for?
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka On Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sheriff by egift(m): 3:58pm On Sep 13, 2014
Ngwakwe: There are question begging for your contribution and opinion on the thread below

www.nairaland.com/1901023/terrorism-16-questions-apc-chieftains#26262651

Contrary to your obsessions, the same man in the picture has a history with the opposition.

The worst of the matter I guess was his withdrawal of his membership from APC on his own accord.

The only moral ground you would have operated does not exist seeing that it wasn't APC that sack ex-Governor
Sheriff rather the other way round hence your effort to critique him is null and void.

You can have your head in the sand for as long as you can. My position has remained firm on the issue of Boko Haram, that: Jonathan should in all urgency and sincerity, Investigate all cases and allegations of links to Boko Haram, Arrest everyone found to have a case to answer, and Prosecute them in Courts of competent jurisdiction and seek the highest punishment under the law. And for the last 5years, my position has never changed.

But you Ngwakwe and other Jonathains have been wimping various ethic sentiments, bigotry and insulting/blaming anyone found opposing Jonathan's quest to perpetuate his failures beyond 2015. (Funny how this tag has moved from IBB - Dokpesi - Chiroma - Atiku - Buhari - Sanusi - Ngige - Tinubu - Kwankwoso - Shitima - Nyako - etc). Now your quest is to shield Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sheriff.

Make una fear God ooo!

3 Likes

Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka On Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sheriff by MalcoImX: 4:36pm On Sep 13, 2014
BlackTechnology: Waste of time
You the one wasting time or the Prof.?
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka On Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sheriff by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:49pm On Sep 13, 2014
IGBOSON1: Can any of you guys supporting a call for investigating Ihejirika direct me to where any of you have condemned the war crimes carried out on Biafrans by the likes of Adekunle, Murtala, Awolowo and Gowon; and called for their trial at The Hague? Or is it different when the accused and victims are Igbo?

Of course you could all argue that no war crimes were committed on Biafrans during the war, and we can leave it at that!

'One nation'.....fellow 'loving compatriots' my dic/k!
If you feel Adekunle, Muhammed, Danjuma, Obasanjo, etc committed war crimes during the Biafran war, like the Yoruba Falana has thretened to go to the ICC, your Ahamba and Agbakoba should do same. Stop coming here to cry. It irritates me.

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka On Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sheriff by egift(m): 5:49pm On Sep 13, 2014
Collynzo17: If you read the full article, he said he knows the name of the CBN official involved in financing Boko haram and many more.
Let them tell us all they know, what are they waiting for?

So why then are your suppressing the call for investigation of all those accused? Are you afraid they all may be found guilty? Or you are just marking time for Ihejirika to Buy himself Immunity as Governor of Abia State?
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka On Ihejirika And Ali Modu Sheriff by Collynzo17: 6:11pm On Sep 13, 2014
egift:

So why then are your suppressing the call for investigation of all those accused? Are you afraid they all may be found guilty? Or you are just marking time for Ihejirika to Buy himself Immunity as Governor of Abia State?
Who is suppressing any call for investigation?
For investigations to start, the accuser has to come with a bit more details than just saying someone is a boko haram sponsor, any way if the know how to go about the investigation without such details they should go ahead.
I am quite interested in hearing or seeing what they have, let them bring it all. Who is that CBN official no one wants to mention his name? Even the supposedly fearless Soyinka.

(1) (Reply)

The Government Of Nigeria Vs The People Of Nigeria (in Picture) / A Grand Scheme To Impose A Governorship Candidate On Abians Uncovered / Us Ambassador Holds Meeting With Jimi Agbaje And Pdp Chieftains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.