Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,049 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? (3067 Views)

Did Jesus Die for Our Sin? Which Sin? Ifeann Should Please Come In / Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts / Why Did Christian Missionaries Claim That The Panare Indians Killed Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by malvisguy212: 6:54am On Sep 14, 2014
Elkewwty:

undecided I'm allergic to epistle of gibberish undecided
are you jehovah's witness? Do you not believe in the epistle?how about the gospel of christ I give you?

Most of you guys are christian but when you read stuff in the internet, you grow cold, they feed you lies about the bible,you know longer read the bible but chose to gather information about God on the internet, they give you lies and seducing doctrine, as always been the case, majority are always on the wrong side, during the flood only few people got save, soddom and gommorah, only few people got save and nowadays the same thing is happening, only few people know who jesus real is,a man born of the spirit of God, who will be his father?is it possible for a mortal man to walk the earth witout committing one sin? only GOD CAN.bible prophecy is coming to pass in our own very eyes but the sad things is that we are sleeping, don't terry lady, believe in jesus so that you will be among elect.
God breath on man and man became a living soul, but satan corrupt man, do you think God will live it like that ? Noting shall be left untouched, we only need jesus to adopt back the nature of Godliness in us.
Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by davien(m): 8:37am On Sep 14, 2014
malvisguy212: are you jehovah's witness? Do you not believe in the epistle?how about the gospel of christ I give you?

Most of you guys are christian but when you read stuff in the internet, you grow cold, they feed you lies about the bible,you know longer read the bible but chose to gather information about God on the internet, they give you lies and seducing doctrine, as always been the case, majority are always on the wrong side, during the flood only few people got save, soddom and gommorah, only few people got save and nowadays the same thing is happening, only few people know who jesus real is,a man born of the spirit of God, who will be his father?is it possible for a mortal man to walk the earth witout committing one sin? only GOD CAN.bible prophecy is coming to pass in our own very eyes but the sad things is that we are sleeping, don't terry lady, believe in jesus so that you will be among elect.
God breath on man and man became a living soul, but satan corrupt man, do you think God will live it like that ? Noting shall be left untouched, we only need jesus to adopt back the nature of Godliness in us.
why did "satan" get the free reign to "corrupt" man in the first place?.....and taking that everything goes according to "gods" plan...how is it(god) still "all-good?"...
Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by Elkewwty(f): 11:05am On Sep 27, 2014
malvisguy212: are you jehovah's witness? Do you not believe in the epistle?how about the gospel of christ I give you?

Can u just summarize all these ish u wrote?

I dont like reading long posts...
Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by lepasharon(f): 5:59pm On Sep 29, 2014
So many things in Christianity never made sense to me. Glad to be free from all that
Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by Elkewwty(f): 11:56am On Oct 02, 2014
lepasharon: So many things in Christianity never made sense to me. Glad to be free from all that

Are you now an atheist?
Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by lepasharon(f): 3:28pm On Oct 02, 2014
Elkewwty:

Are you now an atheist?

Nope. The belief in god is still there. Just no belief in any organized religion/Christian sect of now.
Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by unmasking(m): 3:31pm On Oct 02, 2014
Once,I used to be angry if one is still indulging in sins ! But wen I got d revelation of Christ Jesus 2wards sinners,I started loving them WHILE been very careful wit them. Follow this link http:///hOHwhk to read. As us read,I pray d Almighty God opens ur eyes in d name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Please follow the link http:///hOHwhk and read,then and understand before you start making comments ! Jesus Christ came for sinners and commanded us to continue doing same while He left.Please read the content in the link well,then post your comments if any.We learn every day ! Its not about arguement
Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by Elkewwty(f): 7:06am On Oct 07, 2014
lepasharon:

Nope. The belief in god is still there. Just no belief in any organized religion/Christian sect of now.

Okay
Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by Mintayo(m): 7:43am On Oct 07, 2014
Elkewwty:

Can u just summarize all these ish u wrote?

I dont like reading long posts...
If the post is about sex in the sexuality section or if its a romantic story in the romance section,you will read and reread,you will even ask the writer to finish the story if he didnt,now someone gave you an answer to your question twice which will take you only 1minute to read and you are saying you are allergic to the truth? Well,Satan is also allerggic to the truth,no wonder he gave ppl like you time to read fictitious stories about sex and romance which add nothing to you,but to read the Bible,hell no!
May God help us!
Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by Mintayo(m): 7:44am On Oct 07, 2014
lepasharon:

What about Jesus,do you believe in Him?
Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by malvisguy212: 8:31am On Oct 07, 2014
Mintayo:

If the post is about sex in the sexuality section or if its a romantic story in the romance section,you will read and reread,you will even ask the writer to finish the story if he didnt,now someone gave you an answer to your question twice which will take you only 1minute to read and you are saying you are allergic to the truth? Well,Satan is also allerggic to the truth,no wonder he gave ppl like you time to read fictitious stories about sex and romance which add nothing to you,but to read the Bible,hell no!
May God help us!
thank you my brother.i thought she was open minded that why i answer her,my first post was from the conversation jesus had with the pherasees,it was boldly written"you a mere man claim to be God"yet she disaggre,than i quote the word of paul to her,she dosent believe in paul,so sad,people are using the internet to brainwash innocent christians.
Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by ice234: 8:48am On Oct 07, 2014
You don't need to claim what you are, why should He make a claim that he is God when he is. Its not a claim its a fact.

Jesus once said I and my father are one. John also said "In the begining was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God" the word was made flesh and dwelt among us. Paul also said there are three that testify in heaven. The father, the son and the holy spirit. The Trinty is real.
Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by BIBLESPEAKS(m): 9:24am On Oct 07, 2014
Unless people say NO to traditions that have developed over the centuries , they'll continue holding wrong beliefs about Jesus. Unless people read the bible objectively without the influence of already established traditions, then they'll not fully understand God and the part Jesus plays in his arrangement.

For one to believe that Jesus is the Almighty God, he has to ignore a host of scriptural evidence that says contrary. These people have selected some scriptures and given it a meaning in order to establish their doctrine - Trinity.

John 17:5 is an example that Jesus is a seperate person from his father. In that account, jesus says: "father, the hour has come; glorify your son, that your son may glorify you".
In John 17:3 jesus also says: "This means everlÀsting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the ONLY TRUE GOD, and the one whom you sent forth, JESUS CHRIST"

So the Bible says the father is seperate from the son. How then are we to understand Jesus words saying "I and my father are one" in John 10:30?

Let us take a look at the context. In verse 25, jesus stated that he did works in the name of his father. From verse 27 to 29, he talked about a symbolic sheep whom his father had given him. Both statements by jesus would have made little sense to his listeners if he and his father were one and the same person. Instead, jesus said in effect, 'My father and I are so close-knit that no one can take away the sheep from me, just as no one can take them away from my father'.

It is much like a son saying to his father's enemy, 'if you attack my father, you attack me.' No one would conclude that this son and his father were the same person. But all would percive the strong bond of unity between them.
Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by Crocz(m): 10:04am On Oct 07, 2014
THE BIBLE SAYS THERE IS NO GOD SAVE ONE
GOD Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is
one LORD Mar 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The
first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The
Lord our God is one Lord. Luk 18:19 And Jesus said
unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good,
save one, that is, God. The GOD IN THE BIBLE AND
JESUS clearly said there is no God save ONE
TRUE GOD
JESUS NEVER SAID HE IS GOD HIMSELF , JESUS
NEVER SAID THE WORD TRINITY BUT ALL
JESUS SAID WAS

Mar 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the
commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God
is one Lord.

As we can clearly see the Present Christian Faith and
the followers have clearly deviated from the concept of
ONE GOD
and have made THREE gods out of ONE TRUE GOD

Thus it is safe to assume that PRESENT
CHRISTANITY IS NOT IN ITS ORIGINAL FORM
AND IT HAS BEEN CORUPTED
Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by BIBLESPEAKS(m): 10:11am On Oct 07, 2014
ice234:
You don't need to claim what you are, why should He make a claim that he is God when he is. Its not a claim its a fact.

Jesus once said I and my father are one. John also said "In the begining was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God" the word was made flesh and dwelt among us. Paul also said there are three that testify in heaven. The father, the son and the holy spirit. The Trinty is real.

John 1:1 reads: "in the begining was the Word, and the word was with God, and the word was God." - KJV

If this verse were interpreted to mean Jesus was himself God Almighty, it would contradict the preceding statemant, "the word was with God." Someone who is "with" another person cannot be the same as that other person. Many bible translations thus draw a distinction, making it clear that the word was not God Almighty. For example, a sampling of Bible translations say the following: "The word was a God," "a god was the word," and "the word was divine."

Bible verses that in the Greek language have a construction similar to that of John 1:1 use the expression "a god." For example, when referring to Herod Agrippa 1, the crowds shouted: 'it is a god speaking.' And when paul survived a bite by a poisonous snake, the people said: "He is a god" (Acts 12:22; 28:3-6) It is in harmony with both Greek grammar and Bible teaching to speak of the word as, not God, but "a god."

Consider how John identified "the word" in the first chapter of his gospel. "The word became flesh and resided among us," he wrote, "and we had a view of his glory, a glory such as belongs(not to God but) to an only-begotten son from a father." So "the word became flesh, lived on the earth as the man Jesus and was seen by peopl. Therefore, he could not have been Almighty God, regarding whom John says: "No man has seen God at any time" John 1:14, 18.

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by Crocz(m): 10:14am On Oct 07, 2014
On the cross, Jesus allegedly confronted God almighty that "why ath thou foresaken me?"...and he also prayed, "our father, who ath in heaven...."...and he prayed for the Last Super!...who was he praying to?...himself?

Pls don't ask me what religion I follow, cos I follow my heart and the truth...!..not the doctored truth!!
Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by Crocz(m): 10:20am On Oct 07, 2014
malvisguy212:
are you jehovah's witness? Do you not believe in the epistle?how about the gospel of christ I give you?

My friend, wake up and open your eyes to the truth they have been hiding for so long...let no man's pride let to astray...research into the TRUTH and you will find light...Jesus is an apostle of God and NOT God!

“So Jesus answered them, “My teaching is not mine, but
his who sent me” (John 7:16)

“I came not of my own accord, but he sent me” (John
8:42)

“I tell you the truth, no SERVANT is greater than his
MASTER, nor is a MESSENGER greater than the one
who sent him” (John 13:16)

“Jesus said to them, ‘My food is to do the will of Him
who sent me, and to accomplish His work” (John 4:34)

“For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the
Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should
say and what I should speak” (John 12:49)
Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by jmoore(m): 10:57am On Oct 07, 2014
jmoore:
Who is Jesus Christ, the son of God?

Below are some prophecies behind the coming of Jesus.

The seed will be of a woman(Genesis 3:15 ) This was later fulfilled in Matthew 1:20 "But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost"

The Prophecy that a virgin will give birth to him was given by Isaiah in Isaiah 7:14 "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
"  which was fulfilled in Matthew 1:18

The line of genealogy was also foretold, Jesus was to come from the tribe of Judah Genesis 49:10 "The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be." The New testament confirms this in Luke 3:23-33
[It should be worthy to note that no more written genealogy record is still being kept as of today, meaning there is no way to track another messiah as some Jews are still waiting for another messiah]

Even the birth place of Jesus was foretold in Micah 5:2 "But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting." Matthew 2:1 confirms Jesus birth place.

The visit of the wise men had been foretold in the Old Testament (Psalm 72:10 confirmed in Matthew 2:1-11).

Herod massacre of children as foretold in Jeremiah 31:15 fulfiled in Matthew 2:16

He was to be known as Emmanuel, this had been prophesied by the prophet Isaiah (7:14), that he will be called "Emmanuel (God with us)" and was fulfilled as seen in Matthew 1:23

There was to be a messenger or forerunner to come before him as foretold in Isaiah 40:3 which was fulfilled in Matthew 3:1-2  It was no coincidence that when Mary visited Elizabeth in Luke 1:39 as you read all the way down to end of the chapter you will see that Elizabeth prophesied when she saw Mary and after Elizabeth had given birth to John, her husband Zachariah also gave a prophecy about the coming of the Son of God.

voice from heaven declaring the son of God in

Luke 3:22 "And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased."

Matthew 17:5 "While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him."

Jesus ministry came with miracles too as foretold in Isaiah 35:5-6 which we saw in matthew 9:35-36 And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people" and many other scriptures, even to this day miracles are still happening in the name of Jesus as he gave power to those who believe in him.

Jesus entered into Jerusalem on a donkey as foretold in Zechariah 9:9 which we saw in Luke 19:35-37

Jesus was to be betrayed by a friend in Psalm 41:9 "Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me." which came to pass in John 13:21. He was even to be sold for 30 Pieces of Silver in Zechariah 11:12 and the money to be thrown down in Zechariah 11:13 which came to pass in Matthew 26:15 and matthew 27:5 respectively.

Jesus was also forsaken by his disciples in Matthew 26:56 as foretold in Zechariah 13:7, accused by false witness in Matthew 26:59-60 as foretold in Psalm 35:11

Many unbelievers as of this present age ask why didn't Jesus save himself, it was written in Isaiah 53:7 "He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth." That's what he did because he is an everlasting sacrifice for the whole world which we saw in Matthew 27:12 "And when he was accused of the chief priests and elders, he answered nothing."

Isaiah 53 also foretold the bruising and wounding of the Messiah, in verse 5. The fulfillment is recorded in Matthew 27:26.

Isaiah 50:6 had recorded a prediction of the smiting of the Messiah, and even the plucking of the hair from his cheeks, and spitting in His face. Luke 22:63 tells of the smiting of Jesus.

Psalm 22:7-8 describes the mocking that was done at the Messiah; the actual event is seen in Matthew 27:31.

The piercing of the Messiah's hands and feet was foretold in both Psalm 22:16 and Zechariah 12:10. John 20:25 records the fulfillment.

Isaiah 53:12, the great predictive passage, said the Messiah would be "numbered with the transgressors." This came to pass as He was crucified with thieves (Matthew 27:38).

Psalm 22, is another chapter which deals specifically with the crucifixion of the Messiah. Verse 18 foretold that His garments would be parted and lots cast for His robe. This was brought to pass by the actions of the Roman soldiers as Jesus hung on the cross (John 19:23-24).

What about his forsaken cry "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" in Matthew 27:46 which was foretold in Psalm 22:1. He cried out because this is first time God, the father turned his back on him because of the sin of the whole world he decided to bear upon himself as he was being sacrified(crucified).

His bone was not to be broken as foretold in John 19:33 and his body was pierced in John 19:34 as foretold in Numbers 9:12 and Zechariah 12:10 respectively

There was darkness over the land as Jesus hung on the cross, in Matthew 27:45 Amos foretold the darkness in Amos 8:9. This is what we may call solar eclipse but we've been told that solar eclipse does not last long
[The maximum, theoretical duration for the totality of a solar eclipse is 7 minutes, 40 seconds (some believe 7 minutes, 31 seconds); but in any case, the maximum duration can only occur at the equator.
According to scientist, The rate of occurrence for total eclipses of 7 minutes or longer, is 10 per millennium, or an average of one for every 100 years. The last occurred 6/20/1955 (7 minutes, 8 seconds). The next, 231 years from the last, will occur 7/16/2186 and have a duration of (7 minutes, 29 seconds). This will be the longest, stationary observation of a total solar eclipse.]

It should be worthy to note that the solar eclipse that occurred when Jesus was hung on the cross lasted for 3 hours.(Matthew 27:45 "Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour." This was more than a solar eclipse, the forces of nature were responding to the saviour of the world.

Jesus was buried in a rich man's tomb in Matthew 27:57-60 as foretold in Isaiah 53:9

Psalm 16:10 foretold about his resurrection as Peter applied it in his first sermon in Acts 2:31

David gave a prophecy about the ascension of the Christ (Psalm 68:18). This is recorded in Acts 1:9. The Apostle Paul, years later, applied Psalm 68:18 to the ascension of the Lord (Ephesians 4:8-10).

This is just a scratch of what happened, books can hardly contain of what can be written of Jesus Christ.

Jesus was not just a human being, he was God that came in human form to be made as a perfect and everlasting sacrifice for the whole world. Whoever that believes in him will not perish but have an everlasting life.

Jesus is God, he is our messiah. He is coming back (Acts 1:9-11) for judgement.(1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 , Revelation 20:11-15)

Thomas, the ever-skeptical disciple, was unconvinced that Jesus had risen from the dead and wanted to see direct proof. However, when the Lord Jesus appeared to him, his only reaction was "My Lord and my God!"

Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!" Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed." (John 20:28-29)
Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by Crocz(m): 11:34am On Oct 07, 2014
Sometimes I barely believe what's written in the bible cos it has been doctored to suit "their" purpose, "trinity"...but the TRUTH can never be extinguished, it can only be suppress for a time but ultimately, it will establish itself no matter how long it takes!

There are three grades of evidences available in the bible and
you need not be a scholor of the bible to tell this, because if
you open the bible at random you will find the words of
God, words of Prophets and the words of Historians. And let
me support my claim by providing an example for each of
the evidence from the bible.
The below are few of the quotations :
Words of God : Book of Deuteronomy 18:18
Words of Prophet : Gospel of Mark 12:29
Words of Historians : Gospel of Mark 11:13
And no wonder the bulk of the bible is a witnessing of this
THIRD kind i.e., the Words of Historians. And the moment
you say that apart from the words of God it also contains the
words of some other people who were eye witness (or) heard
it from "HEARSAY" then it is made crystal clear that its not
100% verbatim word of Almighty God. And if only one
word from the complete bible is proved that that word is not from God, then it has been doctored!

What's its credibility then?
Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by ice234: 1:27pm On Oct 07, 2014
Please quote any bible that isn't JW version then I will flow with you.

In the begining was the word (in the beginging was Jesus), and the word was with God (Jesus was with God the father) and the word was God (Jesus is God) this statement verify the trinity showing Jesus is God the son. Period.
BIBLESPEAKS:

John 1:1 reads: "in the begining was the Word, and the word was with God, and the word was God." - KJV

If this verse were interpreted to mean Jesus was himself God Almighty, it would contradict the preceding statemant, "the word was with God." Someone who is "with" another person cannot be the same as that other person. Many bible translations thus draw a distinction, making it clear that the word was not God Almighty. For example, a sampling of Bible translations say the following: "The word was a God," "a god was the word," and "the word was divine."

Bible verses that in the Greek language have a construction similar to that of John 1:1 use the expression "a god." For example, when referring to Herod Agrippa 1, the crowds shouted: 'it is a god speaking.' And when paul survived a bite by a poisonous snake, the people said: "He is a god" (Acts 12:22; 28:3-6) It is in harmony with both Greek grammar and Bible teaching to speak of the word as, not God, but "a god."

Consider how John identified "the word" in the first chapter of his gospel. "The word became flesh and resided among us," he wrote, "and we had a view of his glory, a glory such as belongs(not to God but) to an only-begotten son from a father." So "the word became flesh, lived on the earth as the man Jesus and was seen by peopl. Therefore, he could not have been Almighty God, regarding whom John says: "No man has seen God at any time" John 1:14, 18.
Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by BIBLESPEAKS(m): 1:40pm On Oct 07, 2014
ice234:
Please quote any bible that isn't JW version then I will flow with you.

In the begining was the word (in the beginging was Jesus), and the word was with God (Jesus was with God the father) and the word was God (Jesus is God) this statement verify the trinity showing Jesus is God the son. Period.

Please Please I dnt want to say something that will offend you. Who said anything about JW's? Through my studies of the scriptures I've been able to spot out the blunder in the Trinity dogma, and I have put it forth.

I don't understand u sef, I quoted John 1:1 in KJV and u're accusing me of using JW's bible yet you quote exactly the same thing as I did. I think you have some real issues, u cldnt even say anything about my write up.
Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by ice234: 1:44pm On Oct 07, 2014
Where did you quote "a god" from.
Quote the bible for me.

BIBLESPEAKS:

Please Please I dnt want to say something that will offend you. Who said anything about JW's? Through my studies of the scriptures I've been able to spot out the blunder in the Trinity dogma, and I have put it forth.

I don't understand u sef, I quoted John 1:1 in KJV and u're accusing me of using JW's bible yet you quote exactly the same thing as I did. I think you have some real issues, u cldnt even say anything about my write up.
Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by ice234: 1:55pm On Oct 07, 2014
Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith. Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled; without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity; Neither confounding the Persons; nor dividing the Essence. For there is one Person of the Father; another of the Son; and another of the Holy Ghost. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, is all one; the Glory equal, the Majesty coeternal. Such as the Father is; such is the Son; and such is the Holy Ghost. The Father uncreated; the Son uncreated; and the Holy Ghost uncreated. The Father unlimited; the Son unlimited; and the Holy Ghost unlimited. The Father eternal; the Son eternal; and the Holy Ghost eternal. And yet they are not three eternals; but one eternal. As also there are not three uncreated; nor three infinites, but one uncreated; and one infinite. So likewise the Father is Almighty; the Son Almighty; and the Holy Ghost Almighty. And yet they are not three Almighties; but one Almighty. So the Father is God; the Son is God; and the Holy Ghost is God. And yet they are not three Gods; but one God. So likewise the Father is Lord; the Son Lord; and the Holy Ghost Lord. And yet not three Lords; but one Lord. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity; to acknowledge every Person by himself to be God and Lord; So are we forbidden by the catholic religion; to say, There are three Gods, or three Lords. The Father is made of none; neither created, nor begotten. The Son is of the Father alone; not made, nor created; but begotten. The Holy Ghost is of the Father and of the Son; neither made, nor created, nor begotten; but proceeding. So there is one Father, not three Fathers; one Son, not three Sons; one Holy Ghost, not three Holy Ghosts. And in this Trinity none is before, or after another; none is greater, or less than another. But the whole three Persons are coeternal, and coequal. So that in all things, as aforesaid; the Unity in Trinity, and the Trinity in Unity, is to be worshipped. He therefore that will be saved, let him thus think of the Trinity.

Furthermore it is necessary to everlasting salvation; that he also believe faithfully the Incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ. For the right Faith is, that we believe and confess; that our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is God and Man; God, of the Essence of the Father; begotten before the worlds; and Man, of the Essence of his Mother, born in the world. Perfect God; and perfect Man, of a reasonable soul and human flesh subsisting. Equal to the Father, as touching his Godhead; and inferior to the Father as touching his Manhood. Who although he is God and Man; yet he is not two, but one Christ. One; not by conversion of the Godhead into flesh; but by assumption of the Manhood by God. One altogether; not by confusion of Essence; but by unity of Person. For as the reasonable soul and flesh is one man; so God and Man is one Christ; Who suffered for our salvation; descended into hell; rose again the third day from the dead. He ascended into heaven, he sitteth on the right hand of the God the Father Almighty, from whence he will come to judge the living and the dead. At whose coming all men will rise again with their bodies; And shall give account for their own works. And they that have done good shall go into life everlasting; and they that have done evil, into everlasting fire. This is the catholic faith; which except a man believe truly and firmly, he cannot be saved.
Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by BIBLESPEAKS(m): 2:18pm On Oct 07, 2014
ice234:
Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith. Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled; without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity; Neither confounding the Persons; nor dividing the Essence. For there is one Person of the Father; another of the Son; and another of the Holy Ghost. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, is all one; the Glory equal, the Majesty coeternal. Such as the Father is; such is the Son; and such is the Holy Ghost. The Father uncreated; the Son uncreated; and the Holy Ghost uncreated. The Father unlimited; the Son unlimited; and the Holy Ghost unlimited. The Father eternal; the Son eternal; and the Holy Ghost eternal. And yet they are not three eternals; but one eternal. As also there are not three uncreated; nor three infinites, but one uncreated; and one infinite. So likewise the Father is Almighty; the Son Almighty; and the Holy Ghost Almighty. And yet they are not three Almighties; but one Almighty. So the Father is God; the Son is God; and the Holy Ghost is God. And yet they are not three Gods; but one God. So likewise the Father is Lord; the Son Lord; and the Holy Ghost Lord. And yet not three Lords; but one Lord. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity; to acknowledge every Person by himself to be God and Lord; So are we forbidden by the catholic religion; to say, There are three Gods, or three Lords. The Father is made of none; neither created, nor begotten. The Son is of the Father alone; not made, nor created; but begotten. The Holy Ghost is of the Father and of the Son; neither made, nor created, nor begotten; but proceeding. So there is one Father, not three Fathers; one Son, not three Sons; one Holy Ghost, not three Holy Ghosts. And in this Trinity none is before, or after another; none is greater, or less than another. But the whole three Persons are coeternal, and coequal. So that in all things, as aforesaid; the Unity in Trinity, and the Trinity in Unity, is to be worshipped. He therefore that will be saved, let him thus think of the Trinity.

Furthermore it is necessary to everlasting salvation; that he also believe faithfully the Incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ. For the right Faith is, that we believe and confess; that our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is God and Man; God, of the Essence of the Father; begotten before the worlds; and Man, of the Essence of his Mother, born in the world. Perfect God; and perfect Man, of a reasonable soul and human flesh subsisting. Equal to the Father, as touching his Godhead; and inferior to the Father as touching his Manhood. Who although he is God and Man; yet he is not two, but one Christ. One; not by conversion of the Godhead into flesh; but by assumption of the Manhood by God. One altogether; not by confusion of Essence; but by unity of Person. For as the reasonable soul and flesh is one man; so God and Man is one Christ; Who suffered for our salvation; descended into hell; rose again the third day from the dead. He ascended into heaven, he sitteth on the right hand of the God the Father Almighty, from whence he will come to judge the living and the dead. At whose coming all men will rise again with their bodies; And shall give account for their own works. And they that have done good shall go into life everlasting; and they that have done evil, into everlasting fire. This is the catholic faith; which except a man believe truly and firmly, he cannot be saved.

I read through your writing, searching for a scripture at least that supports your reasoning, but I saw none. I'm not suprised to tell you the truth.

The belief system of the catholic church is founded in traditions of men, that's a simple explanation. But how you can believe these teachings that have no scriptural backing and still feel strongly that you're serving God in the right way is WHat baffles me. The analysis in two of my write up says a lot from the Bible. It both proves that Jesus is a seperate person from his father God Almighty and that he is in a much lower position when compared to his father.
Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by BIBLESPEAKS(m): 2:33pm On Oct 07, 2014
ice234:
Where did you quote "a god" from.
Quote the bible for me.

The America Translation, The New world Translation of the holy scriptures, The New English Bible, the Emphatic Diaglott Translation, A new Translation of the Bible and a host of other translations render it "a god" or "was divine."
Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by Etfash(m): 3:13pm On Oct 07, 2014
The more of Christ you know, the greater the difficulty of knowing the difference between Him and his Father.

Apostle Peter in his first epistle was so careful not to 'glorify' Christ. But in his second epistle, 2Peter 1:1. If you go through the entire epistle you will understand better. He advised us in that second epistle to read the writings of the prophets, affirming that they are wonderful and compared them to light that illuminates the dark areas of our hearts. 2Peter 1:19-21.

If you acknowledge Jesus of Nazareth as Christ or Messiah as the case may be, it shouldn't be difficult for you to search the Torah, Prophets and Kings to know who CHRIST that Prophets and Kings called Mighty God and Lord is. Isaiah9:6 and Ps110:1.

If you consider the testimony of God about him, you may also understand who he is better. Malachi 4:4-6.

The oneness of Christ with his Father isn't separable and it will be wise to live it at that.

However, if you call him a Prophet, Jesus was. If you recognize him as Christ, He is. And if you recognize him as Lord (saviour, who must be obeyed), you are right. But we should move unto knowing Him better. Not as Jesus the son of Mary but as Christ the son of God that God inspired Peter to call him in Matthew 16:13-17.

For those who insist that He was a prophet, well, Moses also called him 'a prophet like unto me'. But things got clearer and clearer about who this fellow would be as time went by. Because, more and more prophets and the psalmist spoke more clearly about him... Like Apostle Paul said, we know in part. But Christ confirmed who he is by affirming the testimony of Peter. CHRIST THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD.

Maranatha!!
Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by Crocz(m): 3:23pm On Oct 07, 2014
Are we still at this?...I thought we had a common ground cheesy

Pls, if you don't have a scripture evidence, don't come here and write what you've been brain washed with...it's insulting and belittles a common sense cry
Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by mployer(m): 3:29pm On Oct 07, 2014
He said 'I and the father are one'
Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by BIBLESPEAKS(m): 4:14pm On Oct 07, 2014
mployer:

He said 'I and the father are one'

Unless people say NO to traditions that have developed over the centuries , they'll continue holding wrong beliefs about Jesus. Unless people read the bible objectively without the influence of already established traditions, then they'll not fully understand God and the part Jesus plays in his arrangement.

For one to believe that Jesus is the Almighty God, he has to ignore a host of scriptural evidence that says contrary. These people have selected some scriptures and given it a meaning in order to establish their doctrine - Trinity.

John 17:5 is an example that Jesus is a seperate person from his father. In that account, jesus says: "father, the hour has come; glorify your son, that your son may glorify you".
In John 17:3 jesus also says: "This means everlÀsting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the ONLY TRUE GOD, and the one whom you sent forth, JESUS CHRIST"

So the Bible says the father is seperate from the son. How then are we to understand Jesus words saying "I and my father are one" in John 10:30?

Let us take a look at the context. In verse 25, jesus stated that he did works in the name of his father. From verse 27 to 29, he talked about a symbolic sheep whom his father had given him. Both statements by jesus would have made little sense to his listeners if he and his father were one and the same person. Instead, jesus said in effect, 'My father and I are so close-knit that no one can take away the sheep from me, just as no one can take them away from my father'.

It is much like a son saying to his father's enemy, 'if you attack my father, you attack me.' No one would conclude that this son and his father were the same person. But all would percive the strong bond of unity between them.
Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by mployer(m): 4:33pm On Oct 07, 2014
BIBLESPEAKS:

I no get power for argument bro. Believe whatever you like.

we are told to preach the gospel, not to argue with people.

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by Etfash(m): 4:36pm On Oct 07, 2014
naffysa:
God is one he has no son nor father. Jesus Christ is a prophet of God. he was sent to the people of Israel.

Your Qur'an called him 'Messiah Jesus'.

My son may be in primary school; that does not mean his ultimate goal in life is to be a primary school certificate holder... It is just a step towards becoming a graduate.
Jesus was sent first to the lost sheep of Israel but then he said 'If I be lifted up; I will draw ALL men unto me'. He also said 'go ye into ALL THE WORLD and preach the gospel; teaching them to observe all things that I have taught you...' He also said 'i have other sheep that are NOT of this FOLD, I must gather them, that there might be one sheep pen and one shepherd' John10:16.
Christ confirmed this after his resurrection, Acts1:8... Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and to the ends of the earth.

God is an orderly God. When he called Abraham, His ultimate purpose was to reach out to the whole world by making Abraham a father of many nations; but He started with Abraham.

This is a clarification and not an argument; I don't argue things like this.
Re: Did Jesus Claim That He Is God? by shdemidemi(m): 5:35pm On Oct 07, 2014
BIBLESPEAKS:

I

From your understanding of scripture, who exactly is Jesus?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Redeemed Pastor Warns Nigerians Not To Vote Against Jonathan In 2015 / Lovely Testimonies...come And Experience Fruitfulness / 990 Years In The Kingdom Of Darkness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 176
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.