Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,652 members, 7,820,264 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan (15919 Views)

Wike Inaugurates New Special Advisers (Photos) / Fg’ll Reintroduce Tollgates On Federal Roads –FERMA / Nigeria To Collaborate With International Community To Tackle Terrorism – Jonath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by OLADD: 10:24am On Sep 14, 2014
manck2: it shows Jonathan dont understand what Terrorism is.. Boko haram is a rebellion army because it is capturing land space.
[color=#006600][/color]

It's pathetic how some people make comments on things they rarely understand; are the SEALS in US not special forces? Were the not the ones that captured and killed Osama Bin Ladin? Pls be informed.
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by olaeffect(m): 10:30am On Sep 14, 2014
moderatorr:
You are an over fed illiterate. Misplacing plural with singular and lacking commonplace knowledge of how to use a hashtag. I can bet my twitter account that there are pupils in that class that will laugh at your use of English.
Calling your country dark when you have never done anything to help it.
10% of your monthly pocket money will buy 2 benches and 2 tables for that class.
The following month, another 10% will buy excersise books, biro, marker and duster for that class.
In OBJ's voice "na your papa house dey dark".

Agreed with you to the point before you asked him to use 10% of his pay to buy benches, this is totally unacceptable by me. When your uncle's in the national assembly are being given N45m per quarter (apart from their salary and allowance, which value we don't even know) for constituency development and we are not asking them to account for it.
I did rather he give his 10% to sahara reporter or a reputable media outfit to do a big story on that school if he is so concerned.

1 Like

Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by Wealthlex(m): 10:30am On Sep 14, 2014
They re corrupt my bros,dat is why we need new once...GEF pls be careful whn selection,make sure they re nt from nigeria mst especial d norther brother
meforyou1: Don't we have special forces already?
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by Reference(m): 10:41am On Sep 14, 2014
Arosa: Very good move from Gej but let me add, the selection of the men in this Brigade is key. They should do a complete background check on all of them.

Seconded. Extraordinary training and equiping for quick counter-terror response and a status that sets them literally above the law. Counter insurgency is a messy business. You don't want to find out what happens behind closed doors.

1 Like

Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by OLADD: 10:45am On Sep 14, 2014
overhypedsteve: Hmm howmany special force unit are we going to have because of boko haram, why don't we just improve on the men we already have, give them the basic gears and superior firepower,(it should be noted that only rebels use AAA guns for infantry purpose, so all those asking us to buy the shilka SPAAG for BH should bow their head in shame)and airsupport.why waste scarce resource on another special force unit, when our soldiers in the front do not yet have the basic kits, like gloves, balaclavas,binoculars, NVG(night vision goggles. And no response plan for immediate air support. What do we need special forces for, do we not have them enough already, have the president provide for the simple need of our frontline boys like a ready medical helicopter team to evacuate injured or dead soldiers, but we keep hearing that the nigerian airforce are taking delivery of VIP helicopters, we should ask ourselves if the transportation of VIP is more important than the life of those dying to protect this nation. The presidents air fleet keep receiving new executive jets, but we do not have one single 4th generation fighter when our country is at war, our airmen are still forced to fly those flying coffins we call Alpha jets. We re backwards in all regards in military procurements, very backward. I think by now our defense budget should reflect the defence budget of a nation at war, but no it is only the food allowance of the president that is reflecting that. There is a big problem oh! Those of you guys who like talking about politics and who are related to some of this politician should please help me beg them to do the needful, arm our boys to the teeth(forget special obrigado force) kit them up till they are fat as pregnant women. And procure at least four AW101 to be given to the army airwing for mediovac uses to rescue the injured in battle. Then after that, come and meet me in my top supersecret underground nuclear bunker, let me give you a shopping list for airsupport aircraft and choppers. If after doing all this boko haram continue, then we go know say shekau na began pikin. By now Recce planes and drones should be all over the skies of maiduguri, once any unmarked, unrecognized and unknown suspicious convoy is sighted a response aircraft should be scrambled to bomb,blast, remove and eradicate it (you ask me why? What if its a civilian convoy well any civilian convoy still moving around in maiduguri at this time, even with the state of emergency needs to have heir head checked?). We cannot at this point in this battle be pretending to be a conservative military, arm our men up till they all look like Rambo.
[color=#006600][/color]

You are completely offline. Are you one of the few who falls for media propaganda? Yes our military hardwares might not be in the mould of the ones in Russia, Japan, US and other world powers but they are not as bad or obsolete as been condemned by many. You need to ask yourself these: were these not the same arms and ammunitions Nigerian soldiers used in Liberia, Sierra Lone, Somalia etc where we shown like stars and commended by even the UN? What Nigeria is battling with is an intra-citizen warefare that has many colourations. Our inability to quickly end it is not linked to dearth of military equipment but political manipulation from powerful forces.
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by Ishilove: 10:49am On Sep 14, 2014
Reference:

Seconded. Extraordinary training and equiping for quick counter-terror response and a status that sets them literally above the law. Counter insurgency is a messy business. You don't want to find out what happens behind closed doors.
How messy?
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by OLADD: 10:50am On Sep 14, 2014
leggo: But GEJ told us he knows who sponsors BH.. Is this another waste of money and time?
[color=#006600][/color]

That's not true. At no time did the president ever say that.
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by OLADD: 10:54am On Sep 14, 2014
amiskurie: GEJ rubbished our armed forces with these
[color=#006600][/color]

No. He did not. Specials Forces exist with regular armed forces in many advanced nations. They work hand in hand by complementing each other.
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by Afroconnect: 10:55am On Sep 14, 2014
I think what the president is reffering to here is an elite commando unit.

The President should do more and let us see,too much talking especially when immediate results will not be seen is not good for a president,I hope plans for it,equipment,training and logistics are already under way...we need to kit our armed forces and arm special units with M15s and modern body armours with proper welfare-feeding and all they need to be in top physical and psycological conditions.

Mr President deal directly with Presidents defence ministers/chiefs of Nations-you should take charge of defence procurements so we are sure of where these trillions are going to.
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by sambiggzy: 10:57am On Sep 14, 2014
Alll talk and no action..... our military are gradually losing the war on boko haram and we are still talking
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 14, 2014
moderatorr:
You are an over fed illiterate. Misplacing plural with singular and lacking commonplace knowledge of how to use a hashtag. I can bet my twitter account that there are pupils in that class that will laugh at your use of English.
10% of your monthly pocket money will buy 2 benches and 2 tables for that class.
The following month, another 10% will buy excersise books, biro, marker and duster for that class.
Nigeria is already a failed system and there's absolutely no point being negative to what he said except you are a supporter of one. He might be running or backing up an NGO somewhere which is not equivalent to your attack on him. Show some support, Nigeria is truly a dark nation.

2 Likes

Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by OLADD: 11:06am On Sep 14, 2014
Afroconnect: I think what the president is reffering to here is an elite commando unit.

The President should do more and let us see,too much talking especially when immediate results will not be seen is not good for a president,I hope plans for it,equipment,training and logistics are already under way...we need to kit our armed forces and arm special units with M15s and modern body armours with proper welfare-feeding and all they need to be in top physical and psycological conditions.

Mr President deal directly with Presidents defence ministers/chiefs of Nations-you should take charge of defence procurements so we are sure of where these trillions are going to.
[color=#006600][/color]

Seconded. You are on point.
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by OLADD: 11:20am On Sep 14, 2014
sambiggzy: Alll talk and no action..... our military are gradually losing the war onc boko haram and we are still talking
[color=#006600][/color]

Are you a Nigerian? If you are, you wouldn't have made such assertion. Nigerian military can never, I repeat, can never loose this war to Boko haram. Rather, apart from political underlining factors militating against them, why they have not wiped those satanic agents is largely due to the assymetrical nature of the war. It cannot take more than one hour for the military to destroy Shekau's army but don't forget that they leave among the people, and probably have some of the abducted Chibok girls as human shield. All these need careful plans so as to afford unprecedented human casualties. But one thing is certain; the military will end Boko haram.
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by qleap2all(m): 11:20am On Sep 14, 2014
To be headed by Al-Mustapha and commanded by Asari Dokubo while Gani Adam Platoon Commander in the South-South
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by san316(m): 11:28am On Sep 14, 2014
omololu2020: guy wot are you really talkin about,,are u a soldier or civilian,,even if you are a civilian,dia is no way dey will invite u and still chase you away
I'm a gaddamn civilian. They didn't let us in to watch the event. Only a few people got in.
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by bigtt76(f): 11:32am On Sep 14, 2014
Issorite ....same way the former Borno governor setup Boko Haram ....GEJ wan setup 'Special Forces' too ....less than 6 months to Presidential Elections .....God is watching on the new Samsung UHDTV angry
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by amiskurie(m): 11:33am On Sep 14, 2014
OLADD: [color=#006600][/color]

No. He did not. Specials Forces exist with regular armed forces in many advanced nations. They work hand in hand by complementing each other.
We have special forces already.
Why can't he equip our arm forces if truly he is committed.
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by jibga(m): 1:42pm On Sep 14, 2014
Another way of taking Nigerians money away
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by overhypedsteve(m): 1:45pm On Sep 14, 2014

You are completely offline. Are you one of the few who falls for media propaganda? Yes our military hardwares might not be in the mould of the ones in Russia, Japan, US and other world powers but they are not as bad or obsolete as been condemned by many. You need to ask yourself these: were these not the same arms and ammunitions Nigerian soldiers used in Liberia, Sierra Lone, Somalia etc where we shown like stars and commended by even the UN? What Nigeria is battling with is an intra-citizen warefare that has many colourations. Our inability to quickly end it is not linked to dearth of military equipment but political manipulation from powerful forces.
i wish you knew less then it would have been easier for me to help you know more, but its obvious that you don't know anything, so i am now going to bear the unfair burden of enlightening you a little. First of all i will like to tell you that i ve never fallen prey from any sort of propaganda, be it western or eastern, believe me my man i am fully aware of our ECOMOG victories, but you need to understand that things are constantly changing, we re no longer dealing with seleke boys militants that have cutlasses, dane guns, very few ak's and at the very best a pick up mounted GPMG, those days are gun my friend, what we re now seeing is a well organised, well planned and well equipped,militant force within our borders and we cant just apply the ecomog tactics here, are you trying to tell me that you do not know that the insurgent places IED's on known tracks used by troops convoys and to counter this our men need MRAP's which we only have few of, are you trying to tell me that the AAA guns being modified by boko haram for infantry use would not render any convoy of nigerian army hilux trucks useless without us even touching them, because the crazy thing about using those AAA for ground attack is that you ll have the advantage of attacking from a distance, the question still hiding in the mind of every military commentator is, why are we still using those light skinned hilux in a place as volatile as the NE, why not order more of the oshkot cat, the bigfoot, the VBL, and cobra's instead of allowing our troops to move around in death traps. We have weapons but we don't have enough for an attacking force, i am not even asking the army to buy humvees but if that come then glory be to God, and speaking of the politicians, yes i agree with you, those fat people have failed the nation greatly, they have purposely sat on funds that are supposed to be used in equipping our boys, and i keep repeating it that for everyone claiming that it is alright and the army is well equipped when the boys are in the frontline complaining, God will personally judge all of you. The army is well equipped in which country? In Nigeria here? We re equipped but not well equipped.
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by OLADD: 2:22pm On Sep 14, 2014
bigtt76: Issorite ....same way the former Borno governor setup Boko Haram ....GEJ wan setup 'Special Forces' too ....less than 6 months to Presidential Elections .....God is watching on the new Samsung UHDTV angry
[color=#006600][/color]

Always reading meanings to every govt action. Criticising unlimited.
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by OLADD: 2:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
amiskurie:
We have special forces already.
Why can't he equip our arm forces if truly he is committed.
[color=#006600][/color]

Please name the existing special force
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by OLADD: 3:03pm On Sep 14, 2014
overhypedsteve: i wish you knew less then it would have been easier for me to help you know more, but its obvious that you don't know anything, so i am now going to bear the unfair burden of enlightening you a little. First of all i will like to tell you that i ve never fallen prey from any sort of propaganda, be it western or eastern, believe me my man i am fully aware of our ECOMOG victories, but you need to understand that things are constantly changing, we re no longer dealing with seleke boys militants that have cutlasses, dane guns, very few ak's and at the very best a pick up mounted GPMG, those days are gun my friend, what we re now seeing is a well organised, well planned and well equipped,militant force within our borders and we cant just apply the ecomog tactics here, are you trying to tell me that you do not know that the insurgent places IED's on known tracks used by troops convoys and to counter this our men need MRAP's which we only have few of, are you trying to tell me that the AAA guns being modified by boko haram for infantry use would not render any convoy of nigerian army hilux trucks useless without us even touching them, because the crazy thing about using those AAA for ground attack is that you ll have the advantage of attacking from a distance, the question still hiding in the mind of every military commentator is, why are we still using those light skinned hilux in a place as volatile as the NE, why not order more of the oshkot cat, the bigfoot, the VBL, and cobra's instead of allowing our troops to move around in death traps. We have weapons but we don't have enough for an attacking force, i am not even asking the army to buy humvees but if that come then glory be to God, and speaking of the politicians, yes i agree with you, those fat people have failed the nation greatly, they have purposely sat on funds that are supposed to be used in equipping our boys, and i keep repeating it that for everyone claiming that it is alright and the army is well equipped when the boys are in the frontline complaining, God will personally judge all of you. The army is well equipped in which country? In Nigeria here? We re equipped but not well equipped.
[color=#006600][/color]

Once again, you missed some salient points. The militias confronted by our gallant soldiers in Serra Leon, Liberia and the rest were not mere ragtag miscreants with Dane gun and cutlasses, they were full fledged highly trained and equipped combatants who could wipe off a whole nation. Yet our gallant soldiers stood against them power for power and skill for skill. Many of those soldiers are still in the army today with the same ammunitions they fought with. So, it's not entirely due to lack of ammunitions that our soldiers are now seen reluctant to fight Boko haram. It's down to political interference whereby soldiers from the north refuse to take Book haram headlong. If Nigerian army can eschew partisanship, even with the existing ammunitions, there's no way Boko haram can stand its onslaught.
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by zurine(f): 3:16pm On Sep 14, 2014
hmm
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by overhypedsteve(m): 5:02pm On Sep 14, 2014

Once again, you missed some salient points. The militias confronted by our gallant soldiers in Serra Leon, Liberia and the rest were not mere ragtag miscreants with Dane gun and cutlasses, they were full fledged highly trained and equipped combatants who could wipe off a whole nation. Yet our gallant soldiers stood against them power for power and skill for skill. Many of those soldiers are still in the army today with the same ammunitions they fought with. So, it's not entirely due to lack of ammunitions that our soldiers are now seen reluctant to fight Boko haram. It's down to political interference whereby soldiers from the north refuse to take Book haram headlong. If Nigerian army can eschew partisanship, even with the existing ammunitions, there's no way Boko haram can stand its onslaught.
bros the duty of every nations army is to defend its citizen and i still hold it that the nigerian army have failed in that capacity due to this things
1. Poor procurement regime.
2. Politicization of military positions.
3. Nepotism and tribalism.
4. Low moral due to poor officers welfare schemes.
5. Conservative operational doctrines
6. Lack of innovative procurement from the side of the leaders.

Feel free to add yours.
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by OLADD: 6:47pm On Sep 14, 2014
overhypedsteve: bros the duty of every nations army is to defend its citizen and i still hold it that the nigerian army have failed in that capacity due to this things
1. Poor procurement regime.
2. Politicization of military positions.
3. Nepotism and tribalism.
4. Low moral due to poor officers welfare schemes.
5. Conservative operational doctrines
6. Lack of innovative procurement from the side of the leaders.

Feel free to add yours.
[color=#006600][/color]

We are virtually on the same page. Those factors you mentioned have always been there from time immemorial. But even at that, our soldiers had always beaten the odds to perform commendably at international engagements. Why can't they translate the same feats in taking down Boko haram? That's where we seem to differ. It's a common knowledge that a particular region in this country had always monopolised the Army, Custom and even police. So, from that inference, you will understand where our soldiers reluctance and lukewarm is coming from. They are just citing lack of ammunition as a get-away, but we know they are not fervent in fighting because of tribal consideration and partisanship.
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 14, 2014
Anything having connection with the existing Nigerian Armed forces will be a waste of money. Its all about who know who. Check the so called army officers, almost all children of past generals in the Army or well connected pips.
if they want to fight terrorism by creating special forces they should do so without deep connection with the Nigerian armed forces. It should be independent like the SSS...

1 Like

Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by overhypedsteve(m): 8:14pm On Sep 14, 2014

We are virtually on the same page. Those factors you mentioned have always been there from time immemorial. But even at that, our soldiers had always beaten the odds to perform commendably at international engagements. Why can't they translate the same feats in taking down Boko haram? That's where we seem to differ. It's a common knowledge that a particular region in this country had always monopolised the Army, Custom and even police. So, from that inference, you will understand where our soldiers reluctance and lukewarm is coming from. They are just citing lack of ammunition as a get-away, but we know they are not fervent in fighting because of tribal consideration and partisanship.
we ll talk about that some other time.
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 14, 2014
We will soon reveal APC members sponsoring Boko Haram - PDP:

READ @=> http://davidvsnaija..com/2014/09/we-will-soon-reveal-apc-members.html

1 Like

Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by Ilekokonit: 9:49pm On Sep 14, 2014
He also assured that government was intensifying “ongoing efforts directed at equipping and retooling our Armed Forces for better service delivery even in the midst of funding constraints”.

What funding constraints is this Bstard of a President talking about After stealing Nigeria blind this piece of sheet of a President has the audacity to insult us by saying there are funding constraints.

2 Likes

Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by OLADD: 12:11am On Sep 15, 2014
Ilekokonit:

What funding constraints is this Bstard of a President talking about After stealing Nigeria blind this piece of sheet of a President has the audacity to insult us by saying there are funding constraints.
[color=#006600][/color]

Man, be careful with your use of words. How sure are you about those allegations? Do you know God's judgement awaits you if those allegations are not true? Whichever way, abusing your president with such words is condemnable. You will never tolerate anyone degrading your parents in like manner.
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by Aura2(f): 2:41pm On Sep 15, 2014
moderatorr:

He should donate 10% of his honest earning to provide benches yet his business is taxed by the federal, state and local governments, some of you don't have sense, can you put senseless as a subscript on your signature so we can clearly know the mofos in our midst, that way, we dont have to waste energy and time calling you senseless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayose Should Apologise Over China Letter - Ekiti Youths / Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed / Bukola Saraki Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.