Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,270 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan (15917 Views)

Wike Inaugurates New Special Advisers (Photos) / Fg’ll Reintroduce Tollgates On Federal Roads –FERMA / Nigeria To Collaborate With International Community To Tackle Terrorism – Jonath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by Aura2(f): 2:52pm On Sep 15, 2014
OLADD: [/color]

You are completely offline. Are you one of the few who falls for media propaganda? Yes our military hardwares might not be in the mould of the ones in Russia, Japan, US and other world powers but they are not as bad or obsolete as been condemned by many. You need to ask yourself these: were these not the same arms and ammunitions Nigerian soldiers used in Liberia, Sierra Lone, Somalia etc where we shown like stars and commended by even the UN? What Nigeria is battling with is an intra-citizen warefare that has many colourations. Our inability to quickly end it is not linked to dearth of military equipment but political manipulation from powerful forces.

[color=#000099]Tell us how the Nigerian troops "shone like stars" in Liberia or you are reciting what your illiterate teacher told you in kindergarten.
Most of you whose pictures I have seen here were not even born then or basically still in diapers, and I trust the average Nigerian who have lost his reading culture to unlearn the fallacies peddled in the past.

One of the biggest problems you have is that, you hardly could unlearn to relearn.
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by Aura2(f): 3:01pm On Sep 15, 2014
OLADD: [/color]

Are you a Nigerian? If you are, you wouldn't have made such assertion. Nigerian military can never, I repeat, can never loose this war to Boko haram. Rather, apart from political underlining factors militating against them, why they have not wiped those satanic agents is largely due to the assymetrical nature of the war. It cannot take more than one hour for the military to destroy Shekau's army but don't forget that they leave among the people, and probably have some of the abducted Chibok girls as human shield. All these need careful plans so as to afford unprecedented human casualties. But one thing is certain; the military will end Boko haram.

[color=#000099]Oh! shut up!!, before you can categorically say someone will not lose a battle, you should be able to point out his winning strategies, losing Gwoza, a barrack and several APC's to terrorists sounds like a win to you, BTW, isnt that small brain guy sef!!
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by reedonne: 9:21pm On Sep 15, 2014
I dont quite agree with you.
I think we need 2 mountain battallion and a battallion specialized in fighting in planned area because I think NA is lacking in this area. I dont think we need this just because of Boko haram but also because we may have a problem or get involve in any war involving mountainous area.
But as you said, before we can train any special force we need to be ready to give it the special weapon it need to be able to do its job well.
overhypedsteve: Hmm howmany special force unit are we going to have because of boko haram, why don't we just improve on the men we already have, give them the basic gears and superior firepower,(it should be noted that only rebels use AAA guns for infantry purpose, so all those asking us to buy the shilka SPAAG for BH should bow their head in shame)and airsupport.why waste scarce resource on another special force unit, when our soldiers in the front do not yet have the basic kits, like gloves, balaclavas,binoculars, NVG(night vision goggles. And no response plan for immediate air support. What do we need special forces for, do we not have them enough already, have the president provide for the simple need of our frontline boys like a ready medical helicopter team to evacuate injured or dead soldiers, but we keep hearing that the nigerian airforce are taking delivery of VIP helicopters, we should ask ourselves if the transportation of VIP is more important than the life of those dying to protect this nation. The presidents air fleet keep receiving new executive jets, but we do not have one single 4th generation fighter when our country is at war, our airmen are still forced to fly those flying coffins we call Alpha jets. We re backwards in all regards in military procurements, very backward. I think by now our defense budget should reflect the defence budget of a nation at war, but no it is only the food allowance of the president that is reflecting that. There is a big problem oh! Those of you guys who like talking about politics and who are related to some of this politician should please help me beg them to do the needful, arm our boys to the teeth(forget special obrigado force) kit them up till they are fat as pregnant women. And procure at least four AW101 to be given to the army airwing for mediovac uses to rescue the injured in battle. Then after that, come and meet me in my top supersecret underground nuclear bunker, let me give you a shopping list for airsupport aircraft and choppers. If after doing all this boko haram continue, then we go know say shekau na big man pikin. By now Recce planes and drones should be all over the skies of maiduguri, once any unmarked, unrecognized and unknown suspicious convoy is sighted a response aircraft should be scrambled to bomb,blast, remove and eradicate it (you ask me why? What if its a civilian convoy well any civilian convoy still moving around in maiduguri at this time, even with the state of emergency needs to have their head checked?). We cannot at this point in this battle be pretending to be a conservative military, arm our men up till they all look like Rambo.
Does any one of you know that the nigerian army have a airwing, no! Because the airwing is poorly equipped, our army airwing is suppose to have its own transport, attack and mediovac capability. What i mean is that our army is supposed to be able to have their own jets and attack helo's for ground support without having to beg the big boys at the airforce. That is why i love the nigerian navy, they just keep advancing in ISR technology and making us proud. Airforce own na to dey crash anything wey dem drive, helicopter crash, alpha jet crash, jeep crash, dey will never purchase any advanced asset to meet up with competing demands, SMH
I think we need 2 mountain battallion and a battallion specialized in fighting in planned area because I think NA is lacking in this area. I dont think we need this just because of Boko haram but also because we may have a problem or get involve in any war involving mountaineous area.
But as you said, before we can train any special force we need to be ready to give it the special weapon it need to be able to do its job well.
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by reedonne: 11:13pm On Sep 15, 2014
coolar: GEJ should focus on job creation and food stability programmes.

There are more crazy people in the US but because the system is working, basic needs are met and less corruption in the public sector , crime rate is being managed.

FG should avoid investing the country's resources in security without securing the stomach of the citizens, engaging the youth with jobs and fixing the unending drain of corruption. Work towards having a just society.

If not,more groups will emerge with supports from politicians and moles in the special forces to destabilize the country just like boko haram.
Do you mean job creation is more important than security?.
If there is job and you are not secured, how will you live?.
To me, I think this is the things we need according to priority
1)Defense
2)Security
3)Health
4)Education
5)Others.
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by Ilekokonit: 1:19am On Sep 16, 2014
OLADD:
Man, be careful with your use of words.
How sure are you about those allegations?
Do you know God's judgement awaits you if those allegations are not true?
Whichever way, abusing your president with such words is condemnable.
You will never tolerate anyone degrading your parents in like manner.

I didn't have to reply you but because I hate Treasury Looters with a passion, I will address your points one at a time :-

I will never be careful when abusing Treasury Looters.

I am 101% sure Jonathan is a Thief and a Treasury Looter.

God does not mind my abusing a Treasury Looter.

Jonathan stealing from Nigerians is condemnable.

My parents are not Treasury Looters.

Every Treasury Looter including Jonathan is a BSTARD and as long as God is on the throne, all Treasury Looters including Jonathan, OBJ, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tinubu etc etc will all die untimely deaths including their collaborators and apologists.

Treasury Looters don't show any mercy when impoverishing and killing Nigerians with poverty, hunger and hopelessness hence Treasury Looters OF ALL PARTIES and TRIBES deserve no mercy as they are all BSTARDS and will rot somewhere worse than hellfire.

Since our prayers for our Lootocrat leaders have not worked maybe outrightly cursing these criminals in power MAY do the trick of converting them from stealing us blind
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by overhypedsteve(m): 1:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
reedonne:

I think we need 2 mountain battallion and a battallion specialized in fighting in planned area because I think NA is lacking in this area. I dont think we need this just because of Boko haram but also because we may have a problem or get involve in any war involving mountainous area.

I think we need 2 mountain battallion and a battallion specialized in fighting in planned area because I think NA is lacking in this area. I dont think we need this just because of Boko haram but also because we may have a problem or get involve in any war involving mountaineous area.
believe me my man you totally agree with me, and your comment have said nothing to the contrary.
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by coolar: 6:38pm On Sep 23, 2014
reedonne:
Do you mean job creation is more important than security?.
If there is job and you are not secured, how will you live?.
To me, I think this is the things we need according to priority
1)Defense
2)Security
3)Health
4)Education
5)Others.

You don't get!
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by reedonne: 6:45pm On Sep 23, 2014
coolar:

You don't get!

What do you mean
Re: Fg’ll Establish New Special Forces To Tackle Terrorism – Jonathan by coolar: 9:27pm On Sep 23, 2014
reedonne:
What do you mean

I'm not saying security isn't important, the point is that the government should prioritise according to the yearnings of the masses.

Poverty breeds terror and food security alleviates crime rate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHOTO: President Buhari Returns To Abuja / Buhari Closes Case, Tribunal Fixes Aug 21 For Final Arguments / Obaseki Forgery: Appeal Court Orders Day-To-Day Hearing Of Suit Against Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.