Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,974 members, 7,825,040 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka (5413 Views)

Is This The Man That Will Rule Us For The Next 4yrs (picture) / ''A Dwarf Cannot Rule Akure” – Youths Protest Against Deji-elect / Why Soludo Cannot Rule Anambra State Now ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Austindark(m): 6:45am On Sep 14, 2014
This is what Soyinka had to say about those clamouring
for Buhari to be their president:
"It is astonishing to find that the same former slaves, now
free of their chains, should clamour to be ruled by one
who not only turned their nation into a slave plantation,
but forbade them any discussion of their condition."
Reasons the tired retired general with vast and versed
experience in losing elections can never ever be my
president:
He is a remorseless murderer; he killed Ogedengbe and
others by applying a law retroactively.
He promulgated Decree 20 that effectively shackled
freedom of speech.
He denied Tai Solarin his medications for asthma.
He showed his ethnic bigotry and rabidly morbid disdain
for a particular section of the country by his partial
treatment of the principals of the legitimate government he
toppled. He placed Shehu Shagari under house arrest but
sent Alex Ekwueme to Kiri Kiri Prison!
For some of the other reasons why Buhari should never
ever be elected president read this piece from Wole
Soyinka.

http://saharareporters.com/2007/01/14/crimes-buhari-wole-soyinka

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Freest(m): 6:54am On Sep 14, 2014
Hian!!!
Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by mperoakeem(m): 7:14am On Sep 14, 2014
k. I hear
Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by ROCKJ1(m): 7:41am On Sep 14, 2014
Telling us the obvious.

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by oneeast: 7:44am On Sep 14, 2014
Where are the APC e-animals.. grin grin grin grin grin grin

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by shizzleStar: 7:52am On Sep 14, 2014
Op thank you for digging this out.

Some people need to come here and see what is been said about their imaginary president ' and serial election loser, general mohammadu killer Buhari

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by shizzleStar: 7:53am On Sep 14, 2014
omenka, how market?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by viczing(m): 8:54am On Sep 14, 2014
Berem, gbawe, donphilopus, Mynd44, kelsoft, barcanista, Egift, obiagelli, aresa, Abagworo, ilugunboy, omenka, koboko69, ngeneukwenu, demdem, omenka etc and all other apc e goats yall should come and defend this. With their supporter of APC ideology oooo cheesy

20 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by louiskay(m): 9:09am On Sep 14, 2014
Really.
Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by CyberWolf: 9:26am On Sep 14, 2014
You will never see APC goons here..

8 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 14, 2014
This aint any news, Soyinka vermose your drunk.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 14, 2014
Mr. Soyinka thank you for your opinion.
1. Tai Solarin was corrupt
2. The Drug Traffickers really traffiked drugs. It would have been different IF they were innocent. I understand you don't support death penalty but Sir, the only issue I have with that action was that the tribunal should have convicted and jailed them using other existing laws
3. Alex Ekwueme was jailed of corruption. Stockpiles of money ranged from $56,000 found at his home. He even owned up to the offence.
4. No case was established against shagari, he was POOR and retired to his village even after his release while Ekweme established his business.
5. Buhari isn't a tribal bigot, he jailed Senator Sabo Bakin Zuwo, The Civilian Governor of Kano State, a fellow fulani muslim for 300years for corruption.
6. The freedom of Speech was his low, but do we have freedom of speech today despite the FOI?
7. You Wole is a respectable man. I like your activism but Sir, please get some of your fact right.

#barcanista

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Gboliwe: 9:41am On Sep 14, 2014
oneeast: Where are the APC e-animals.. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Obviously they are all blind now!

Wole Soyinka, you can do this with the Presidency and get away with it because the guy at the helms is a human with a heart but the ground you are treading? this Buhari man, is a killer, a blood thirsty killer. Please tread softly.

14 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by taharqa: 9:42am On Sep 14, 2014
shizzleStar: omenka, how market?
cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 14, 2014
barcanista: Mr. Soyinka thank you for your opinion.
2. The Drug Traffickers really traffiked drugs. It would have been different IF they were innocent. I understand you don't support death penalty but Sir, the only issue I have with that action was that the tribunal should have convicted and jailed them using other existing laws
3. Alex Ekwueme was jailed of corruption. Stockpiles of money ranged from $56,000 found at his home. He even owned up to the offence.
4. No case was established against shagari, he was POOR and retired to his village even after his release while Ekweme established his business.
5. Buhari isn't a tribal bigot, he jailed Senator Sabo Bakin Zuwo, The Civilian Governor of Kano State, a fellow fulani muslim for 300years for corruption.
6. The freedom of Speech was his low, but do we have freedom of speech today despite the FOI?
7. You Wole is a respectable man. I like your activism but Sir, please get some of your fact right.

#barcanista
Mr Soyinka:
Thank you for agreeing that GMB did not loot the treasury.
Thank you for agreeing that GMB didn't rig elections
Thank You for Agreeing that the Security under GMB was exceptional.
The Economy grew to an enviable height. Thank You.

Can this be said of Jonathan Goodluck and the entire PDP administration of the past?

GMB 4 President 2015

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Djicemob: 10:09am On Sep 14, 2014
Am surprised people still take buhari serious.

APC crying since 2011 -Buhari

9 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by mekadinho(f): 10:10am On Sep 14, 2014
Aru! Abomination! Soyinka, better change location cos d boko boys are coming after you oh; ok, waiting for APC e-dogs, Oya what do you hv to say...?

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Enoquin(f): 10:16am On Sep 14, 2014
I stumbled on some old news magazines, quite an interesting read. I was pretty young during part of the military era and the magazines did a good nostalgic job. I will find time to post snippets especially for the young who do not know their history well.

4 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by pat077: 10:22am On Sep 14, 2014
i'm surprise GMB still want to b president afta an hattrick of defeat. Only a fool does d same thing d same way and expect a different result.

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by wheesin(m): 10:29am On Sep 14, 2014
let the keyboard war begin
Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Collynzo17: 10:55am On Sep 14, 2014
Even they know that a site like Nairaland where they vent their frustrations will cease to exist if he becomes President, I am sure Seun knows that.
Facebook and twitter will be banned or censored in Nigeria, anyone that dares post against the government will be tracked down and dealt with.
Nna this article was in JAN 2007 yet Wole Soyinka said Buhari was ''vastly experienced'' in losing elections. He has lost 2 more elections since then, what do we call him now?
Hahahaha

15 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by jieta: 11:02am On Sep 14, 2014
just pray them don't catch you. lol
Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by qleap2all(m): 11:12am On Sep 14, 2014
So Soyinka is Saint
Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Ofunaofu: 11:13am On Sep 14, 2014
7. You Wole deserve is a respectable man. I like your activism but Sir, please get some of your fact right.

#barcanista
thank you for puting the record straight.
No body is saying that buhari is a saint, but looking at the array of people vying for the post of the president he is the best.

4 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by jmoore(m): 11:15am On Sep 14, 2014
Quite insightful.
Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by experimentist: 11:20am On Sep 14, 2014
Nawa o for dis man o!
Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 14, 2014
Ofunaofu:
thank you for puting the record straight.
No body is saying that buhari is a saint, but looking at the array of people vying for the post of the president he is the best.
Do you mind those vileful Jonathanians?
Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by brownlord: 12:10pm On Sep 14, 2014

#barcanista

What does this stupidity you display here daily stand for, to be made a mod. Or to be relevant in APC? So after reading that undiluted piece, you still come up with this trash, of what right has he to kill and imprison anyone without fair trial or giving whip go soldiers to return people to slave era. Young man you need help

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by Plus10(m): 12:22pm On Sep 14, 2014
Apc finest rejected?haaa lo lo ki ki ka kagrin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by stebell(m): 12:36pm On Sep 14, 2014
viczing: Berem, gbawe, donphilopus, Mynd44, kelsoft, barcanista, Egift, obiagelli, aresa, Abagworo, ilugunboy, omenka, koboko69, ngeneukwenu, demdem, omenka etc and all other apc e goats yall should come and defend this. With their supporter of APC ideology oooo cheesy

Don't bother expecting them maggots ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ come here. They are busy praying their man made god eBola Tinubu makes it alive.

Kudos ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ τ̲̅ђe serial loser of all tyms Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by MisterLongman(m): 1:09pm On Sep 14, 2014
Buhari is almost 80 years of age...... He's past his prime already

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cannot Rule Us Again -wole Soyinka by iheanyi40(m): 2:02pm On Sep 14, 2014
GEJ till 2019

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Danger For Nigeria As Buhari Independent Bird Refused To Fly-pics / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Reveals How GEJ Wrecked Nigeria's Economy / Is This Photoshop or Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.