Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,836 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

We Are Working With The Us Government On Repatriation Of Corruption Proceeds- VP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Working With The Us Government On Repatriation Of Corruption Proceeds- VP (5403 Views)

Why US Is Stalling The Repatriation Of $308 Abacha Loot / Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami / EFCC To Begin Repatriation Of $200billion Dubai Stash, Receives Looters' List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Working With The Us Government On Repatriation Of Corruption Proceeds- VP by presidency: 8:42am On Aug 30, 2017
We Are Working With The Us Government On Repatriation Of Corruption Proceeds – VP Osinbajo

The Buhari administration has reached out to the US government to step up its assistance in ensuring that corrupt officials don’t get a safe haven abroad for their loot, according to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN.

The Vice President, who made the call today during the visit of a US Congressional Delegation to the Presidential Villa, said both countries were working on a prompt repatriation of the funds.

According to Prof. Osinbajo, "we have reached out to the US government with respect with helping with repatriation of proceeds of crime and proceeds of corruption.’’

Prof. Osinbajo, who was appreciative of the support given by the US so far said the Buhari administration regarded "corruption is an existential threat’’ that must be dealt with at its root.

"We have worked quite closely with the US government on repatriation of funds, we have seen some results’’, adding that the Federal Government is hoping for more improvement in the process.

"We think that this is very important because what tends to happen with corrupt public officials is that if they are able to find a safe haven for the proceeds of their criminality, not only are they encouraged as individuals but there is the general feeling that if I am able to get the proceeds out of the country I might just get away with it,’’ the Vice President said.

According to him, "this is one of the reasons why we have taken several actions to ensure that we are able to deal with it because some of the major dislocations in the economy are on account of the problems that we have seen with corruption.’’

He said the Buhari presidency’s strategy which is one of "the most effective ways of fighting corruption is ensuring that these proceeds are unsafe and for people to know that they would be found out and they would be punished for it and we would seize whatever profit they had gain.’’

On the return of the Chibok girls, the Vice President said, "it is a front burner issue for us all the time, there is no question of not continuing to negotiate and looking for the girls.’’

He expressed gratitude to God for the hope that the girls are still alive and would be released, noting that "negotiations were continuing and government would keep looking for the opportunity to bring them back.’’

The Vice President thanked the US government for its recent decision to sell Super Tucano aircrafts to Nigeria to aid its fight against insurgency in the North-East.

Sen. Christopher Coons who led the delegation said the visit was to reaffirm the relationship between Nigeria and the United States, noting that the US has "an enduring enthusiasm and partnership with Nigeria.’’

Other members of the Congressional delegation include, Sen. Gary Peters, Sen. Jeff Merkley, Sen. Michael Bennet, Rep. Lisa Blunt Rochester, Rep. Terri Sewell, Rep. Charlie Dent, Rep. Barbara Lee and Rep. Frederica Wilson. They were accompanied by the US Ambassador to Nigeria, Stuart Symington.

Also in attendance were the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr Geoffery Onyeama, Minister of Agriculture, Chief Audu Ogbeh, the National Security Adviser, Maj. Gen. Babgana Monguno, and the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar.

Released by
Laolu Akande
Senior Special Assistant to the President, Media & Publicity
Office of the Vice President
August 28, 2017

1 Share

Re: We Are Working With The Us Government On Repatriation Of Corruption Proceeds- VP by Paperwhite(m): 9:03am On Aug 30, 2017
And what has happened to all the IGR,recovered,looted/relooted and all the staggering amount of monies the EFCC have discovered in their media frenzy campaign? Meanwhile why are there no further discoveries? Propaganda government.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Working With The Us Government On Repatriation Of Corruption Proceeds- VP by Kizyte(m): 6:21pm On Aug 30, 2017
Meanwhile, in the other news, rats were chasing someone...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Working With The Us Government On Repatriation Of Corruption Proceeds- VP by Nostradamu(m): 6:22pm On Aug 30, 2017
Hmm
Re: We Are Working With The Us Government On Repatriation Of Corruption Proceeds- VP by millionboi(m): 6:22pm On Aug 30, 2017
Another lie from a pastor

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Working With The Us Government On Repatriation Of Corruption Proceeds- VP by cr7rooney10(m): 6:22pm On Aug 30, 2017
God b with u
Re: We Are Working With The Us Government On Repatriation Of Corruption Proceeds- VP by JamOSneh: 6:22pm On Aug 30, 2017
Ileya is madly approaching
Half bread is better than none
No dulling with that valid iTunes gift cards...........
Ah talk ma own
God bless us! reach me on my whatsap digit 07062246930 is ur boy JamOSneh Cerious mind only
Re: We Are Working With The Us Government On Repatriation Of Corruption Proceeds- VP by talk2archy: 6:22pm On Aug 30, 2017
Continue while I obey my doctor.

4 Likes

Re: We Are Working With The Us Government On Repatriation Of Corruption Proceeds- VP by Badonasty(m): 6:23pm On Aug 30, 2017
presidency:
We Are Working With The Us Government On Repatriation Of Corruption Proceeds – VP Osinbajo

The Buhari administration has reached out to the US government to step up its assistance in ensuring that corrupt officials don’t get a safe haven abroad for their loot, according to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN.

The Vice President, who made the call today during the visit of a US Congressional Delegation to the Presidential Villa, said both countries were working on a prompt repatriation of the funds.

According to Prof. Osinbajo, "we have reached out to the US government with respect with helping with repatriation of proceeds of crime and proceeds of corruption.’’

Prof. Osinbajo, who was appreciative of the support given by the US so far said the Buhari administration regarded "corruption is an existential threat’’ that must be dealt with at its root.

"We have worked quite closely with the US government on repatriation of funds, we have seen some results’’, adding that the Federal Government is hoping for more improvement in the process.

"We think that this is very important because what tends to happen with corrupt public officials is that if they are able to find a safe haven for the proceeds of their criminality, not only are they encouraged as individuals but there is the general feeling that if I am able to get the proceeds out of the country I might just get away with it,’’ the Vice President said.

According to him, "this is one of the reasons why we have taken several actions to ensure that we are able to deal with it because some of the major dislocations in the economy are on account of the problems that we have seen with corruption.’’

He said the Buhari presidency’s strategy which is one of "the most effective ways of fighting corruption is ensuring that these proceeds are unsafe and for people to know that they would be found out and they would be punished for it and we would seize whatever profit they had gain.’’

On the return of the Chibok girls, the Vice President said, "it is a front burner issue for us all the time, there is no question of not continuing to negotiate and looking for the girls.’’

He expressed gratitude to God for the hope that the girls are still alive and would be released, noting that "negotiations were continuing and government would keep looking for the opportunity to bring them back.’’

The Vice President thanked the US government for its recent decision to sell Super Tucano aircrafts to Nigeria to aid its fight against insurgency in the North-East.

Sen. Christopher Coons who led the delegation said the visit was to reaffirm the relationship between Nigeria and the United States, noting that the US has "an enduring enthusiasm and partnership with Nigeria.’’

Other members of the Congressional delegation include, Sen. Gary Peters, Sen. Jeff Merkley, Sen. Michael Bennet, Rep. Lisa Blunt Rochester, Rep. Terri Sewell, Rep. Charlie Dent, Rep. Barbara Lee and Rep. Frederica Wilson. They were accompanied by the US Ambassador to Nigeria, Stuart Symington.

Also in attendance were the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr Geoffery Onyeama, Minister of Agriculture, Chief Audu Ogbeh, the National Security Adviser, Maj. Gen. Babgana Monguno, and the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar.

Released by
Laolu Akande
August 28, 2017

Ok
Re: We Are Working With The Us Government On Repatriation Of Corruption Proceeds- VP by Heromaniaa: 6:23pm On Aug 30, 2017
How about repatriating Allison Madueke? How about throwing his boss Jonathan in a dungeon where he belongs? What becomes of the corrupt politicians after the funds have been repatriated?
Re: We Are Working With The Us Government On Repatriation Of Corruption Proceeds- VP by fk001(m): 6:23pm On Aug 30, 2017
FK

I have nothing to say

Nigeria is great.

I am thankful for being her citizen

Some people from European countries can spend their last penny to become Nigerians but yet they were denied.

God bless Nigeria once again
Re: We Are Working With The Us Government On Repatriation Of Corruption Proceeds- VP by erico2k2(m): 6:23pm On Aug 30, 2017
Paperwhite:
And what has happened to all the IGR,recovered,rebooted and all the staggering amount of monies the EFCC have discovered in their media frenzy campaign? Meanwhile why are there no further discoveries? Propaganda government.
reason why the discovery channel shut down was they now realised we are doing the maths to add up all the aclaimed sums and asking strong questions like you just did
Re: We Are Working With The Us Government On Repatriation Of Corruption Proceeds- VP by Adewalefae(m): 6:24pm On Aug 30, 2017
abeg make una give me my share, I want leave this country
Re: We Are Working With The Us Government On Repatriation Of Corruption Proceeds- VP by Prestdude: 6:26pm On Aug 30, 2017
Media government
Re: We Are Working With The Us Government On Repatriation Of Corruption Proceeds- VP by Anikulhapo(m): 6:29pm On Aug 30, 2017
U guys should also go to UAE, Switzerland and Australia, na there those people they go now, some of them don't do US again, US don cast

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Are Working With The Us Government On Repatriation Of Corruption Proceeds- VP by free2ryhme: 6:31pm On Aug 30, 2017
presidency:

Released by
Laolu Akande
August 28, 2017

we hear una
Re: We Are Working With The Us Government On Repatriation Of Corruption Proceeds- VP by Ezeimo: 6:35pm On Aug 30, 2017
The best presido for Nigeria ever
Re: We Are Working With The Us Government On Repatriation Of Corruption Proceeds- VP by Nwachineke1980: 6:43pm On Aug 30, 2017
Osibanjo,shout up!
Re: We Are Working With The Us Government On Repatriation Of Corruption Proceeds- VP by Nifelarry(m): 8:22pm On Aug 30, 2017
See...this people sha......den dey talk about corruption......people we y b say na dem be the leader of corruption....dey con dey talk nonsense...........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Are Working With The Us Government On Repatriation Of Corruption Proceeds- VP by NSK4U(m): 8:45pm On Aug 30, 2017
ok vp, keep working.....

Do your Registration and Training for all INTERNATIONAL EXAMS including TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT, SAT1, GRE, PTE, SAT2. @

GLOBAL VISION INTERNATIONAL
EDUCATION & TRAVELS.

We accept ZERO DEPOSIT { ie Get your VISA to America, Canada, France, UK, etc from us before you pay} from our clients that wish to go on vacation, work, or visit any of the aforementioned countries and more. for further info, call/whatsap us via 08145705687.
Re: We Are Working With The Us Government On Repatriation Of Corruption Proceeds- VP by Eu24(m): 11:55pm On Aug 30, 2017
For my business minded people looking for a spaçe or property to buy in Lagos.

I get this small place for Lease/Sale anyone of u., U can build offices or renovate it for Shops rental.

Restaurant, bar, CarWash, Showroom, Name it what kind of business u own u can sell it here its a Road side property close to the Bus stop n off the Major road. Abeokuta-oshodi expressway.

Quarter plot of land at pleasure b/stop on a tarred road, good for commercial purpose. Measuring 113,740square Meter . I have 5shops on it already that I collect rent yearly.. Alimosho area of lagos

If u are interested please give me a call for more details

Title;
Survey plan n Deed of agreement with family receipts.

Its a direct deal if u call this #

Thanks for reading

(1) (Reply)

I Was Rejected, Humiliated And Denied Because I Am From Ebonyi State / 3 Of The 5 Bank Chiefs Arrested / Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.