Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! (2831 Views)

8 Things Guys Do That Make Ladies To Loose Respect For Them / Five Things Guys Have Been Using To Melt Ladies Heart / Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by helphelp: 7:35am On Sep 14, 2014
Guys might seemed unfazed by a breakup, but if you stare into their eyes, you'll see nothing but pain, longing and a desire to fill the void in their hearts with so many Big Macs. There's a lot of self-doubt, maybe (probably) some crying, a lot of going out with friends, some trash talking, saying some nice things about the person, more trash talking, drinking, binge-watching something, a few weird texts/phone calls to the ex and then finally catharsis. Maybe. Here's what guys really do after you dump them.

1. Strumming Along:

Teach ourselves a sad song on guitar. Our roommates might not have known how many chords were in "Wonderwall" before, but now they do. It's six. Six chords.

2. Dine In:

Create a ring of comfort food around our desk/couch/chair/table. Wherever we've decided to park our sad, unlovable bodies, it looks like we're preparing for some ancient ritual that requires a specific arrangement of Chinese food cartons and pizza boxes on the floor.

3. All Busy-ness:

Stay way too busy. "Hey, it's a great thing she broke up with me! Now I can finally clean my attic/build my own bookcase/start a business/move to Mexico! This is a cry for help someone please talk me out of these long-term plans!"

4. Lay Low:

Avoid bars. We can't go to a bar without drunkenly hitting on women and getting rejected. And we can't handle rejection right now.

5. Ex Marks the Spot:

Talk about our exes way too much. "You know who loved that movie? My ex! Oh, you know who was good at tying shoes? My ex. You know who also needed to eat food to survive? My ex." Everything becomes a reason to bring them up.

6. Play It Again:

Listen to one song over and over. It doesn't have to be a breakup song, but if it reminds us of our ex, we will have it on repeat constantly.

7. Hiding Out:

Avoid restaurants/movie theaters/parks we used to go to with our ex. Have you ever seen a grown man crying by himself in a movie theater? It's because he made the mistake of going to see the new Robocop in the same theater where he and his ex had their first date.

8. Text Troubles:

Spend hours hovering our thumb over "send" on a text to our ex. Eventually, we'll either drink enough whiskey to go through with it, or a good Samaritan will recognize the signs of a dumpee and throw our phone into the woods.

9. Buddy System:

Invite our guy friends over to sit in brooding silence with us. It's better than watching a Top Gear marathon by ourselves. We'll probably also try to offer them something from one of the discarded fast food boxes by our feet, because we're good hosts.

10. Shaving Boycott:

Grow a breakup beard. No one has time to shave when they're plumbing the depths of human emotion. The breakup beard is sad and unkempt, with enough food in it to feed a flock of very tiny birds, like swallows or something.

Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by bright007(f): 7:37am On Sep 14, 2014
counter thread
Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by Localamos(m): 7:40am On Sep 14, 2014
Never felt any of that... In fact, it was good ridance for me! cool

7 Likes

Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by adonbilivit: 7:41am On Sep 14, 2014
stop shaving coz i just broke up with my girlfriend? op i become a big time player after a break up justto
Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by helphelp: 7:42am On Sep 14, 2014
Localamos: Never felt any of that... In fact, it was god ridance for me! cool

Most of those points above not for the average Nigerian...Awon elemi lion

5 Likes

Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by Kemzievictor(m): 7:42am On Sep 14, 2014
lyk seriouslyundecided
Nigerian guys dnt do dat. Mayb we get a little too busy n just move on. It ain't a do or die affair

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by helphelp: 7:43am On Sep 14, 2014
adonbilivit: stop shaving coz i just broke up with my girlfriend? op i become a big time player after a break up justto

You probably never liked the babe...

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by Sunkyphil(m): 7:43am On Sep 14, 2014
u want make fp abi op grin
Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by helphelp: 7:44am On Sep 14, 2014
Sunkyphil: u want make fp abi op grin

grin grin grin you be wizard oooow
Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 14, 2014
The above are for weaklings. Real dudes go straight to the bar, get themselves drunk and head straight to the next akuna joint where they offload some seeds, which means they're through with the ex, and as soon as they leave the joint, they suddenly realize they've been in a d0ggy-dog world all this while as they get to view and sample ukwu of all shapes and sizes without any pest pestering them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by Dygeasy(m): 7:47am On Sep 14, 2014
helphelp:

Most of those points above not for the average Nigerian...Awon elemi lion
lol!
Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by Sunkyphil(m): 7:48am On Sep 14, 2014
helphelp:

grin grin grin you be wizard oooow
grin
Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 14, 2014
Number 6 is the only thing I do, and I think other nigerians do. If you're talking about boys living overseas then you're good.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 14, 2014
A friend told me he couldn't stop playing only time by Enya when his relationship ended

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by helphelp: 7:50am On Sep 14, 2014
TribalEAST: The above are for weaklings. Real dudes go straight to the bar, get themselves drunk and head straight to the next akuna joint where they offload some seeds, which means they're through with the ex, and as soon as they leave the joint, they suddenly realize they've been in a d0ggy-dog world all this while as they get to view and sample ukwu of all shapes and sizes without any pest pestering them.

Then the points should be 11" and not 10"

Or topic should be "1 thing real dudes do after a break up"
Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 14, 2014
TribalEAST: The above are for weaklings. Real dudes go straight to the bar, get themselves drunk and head straight to the next akuna joint where they offload some seeds, which means they're through with the ex, and as soon as they leave the joint, they suddenly realize they've been in a d0ggy-dog world all this while as they get to view and sample ukwu of all shapes and sizes without any pest pestering them.
so in other words, Real dudes are dudes that visit akuna joint

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by helphelp: 7:52am On Sep 14, 2014
Monstertrucks: Number 2 is the only thing I do, and I think other nigerians do. If you're talking about boys living overseas then you're good.

Most Naija boys no dey date again na....Once dem spend change see pant...Na on to the next one, break up happens naturally, the babe sef get guys wey dey queue already
Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by helphelp: 7:52am On Sep 14, 2014
Monstertrucks: so in other words, Real dudes are dudes that visit akuna joint

grin grin grin....na ghetto pikin leave am
Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 14, 2014
helphelp:

lol
Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by Dygeasy(m): 7:55am On Sep 14, 2014
It would be silly to do any of these as a guy. I dey mad?

Na for mouth grin
Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 14, 2014
Monstertrucks: so in other words, Real dudes are dudes that visit akuna joint
helphelp:

strippers joint is also an akuna joint...Some Females hostels too
Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by chimerase2: 8:02am On Sep 14, 2014
I do all dos fins more especially no 6
I used to remember her with BEAUTIFUL IN WHITE by westlife
But I dnt drink nor smoke undecided
Cus is not good for ma health undecided
Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by helphelp: 8:07am On Sep 14, 2014
chimerase2: I do all dos fins more especially no 6
I used to remember her with BEAUTIFUL IN WHITE by westlife
But I dnt drink nor smoke undecided
Cus is not good for ma health undecided

Good you don't smoke and drink.
Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 14, 2014
I have a friend who said he couldn't stop playing only time by Enya when his relationship ended
Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by sauceEEP(m): 8:22am On Sep 14, 2014
This thread lacks substance...
Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by helphelp: 8:25am On Sep 14, 2014
sauceEEP: This thread lacks substance...

K

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by Ruq: 8:26am On Sep 14, 2014
This list don't explain a Naija bruvas.Most times we happy it's over when it's fresh. Then regret it happened when we start missing the trouble of endless calls and texts she gives.

Then again it gives room to all suspended crush with she still in mind till a deal is seal.
Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by Default20(f): 8:28am On Sep 14, 2014
mtchew..... those points aint applicable here.......op,so you wake up to type all those crap..... sorry o
Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by naturally: 8:32am On Sep 14, 2014
Let me occupy this space b4 it enters front page grin

MOD pls do the needful
Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by Tallesty1(m): 8:32am On Sep 14, 2014
Seems like I'm different
Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by helphelp: 8:33am On Sep 14, 2014
naturally: Let occupy this space b4 it enters front page grin

grin grin grin
Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up..! by youngds: 8:39am On Sep 14, 2014
I drink till that mental part of the brain dat create pictures is dead!

(1) (2) (Reply)

11 Simple Ways To Make A Woman Feel Sexy And Desirable / Help! My 18 Year Old Sister Is In A Blood Convenant / ***#team Fat Girls#***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.