Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Oscar Pistorius: 5 Things Ladies Should Learn From The Death Of Reeva Steenkamp - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Oscar Pistorius: 5 Things Ladies Should Learn From The Death Of Reeva Steenkamp (646 Views)

Things Ladies Should Stop Doing If They Don't Have Plans For A Guy / 8 Things Ladies Need To Fix Before A Responsible Man Can Marry Them / 10 Things Ladies Do After A Break-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oscar Pistorius: 5 Things Ladies Should Learn From The Death Of Reeva Steenkamp by obisage(m): 8:59am On Sep 14, 2014
OSCAR PISTORIUS: 5 THINGS LADIES SHOULD LEARN FROM THE DEATH OF REEVA STEENKAMP

Oscar Pistorius has denied the premeditated murder of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp by shooting her through a locked lavatory door early on February 14 last year. He has said he believed she was an intruder and acted to protect himself and Steenkamp. The prosecution says he killed her deliberately after a row.
Are there lessons ladies should learn from this incident? Here, I have attempted  five lessons ladies should glean from that ugly incident.

DO NOT TOLERATE VIOLENCE IN RELATIONSHIPS
No woman should condone violence in relationships. Violence they say begets violence. Reeva is no longer alive to recount her experiences in the hands of Oscar, on the same hand Oscar is fighting hard to convince the world that Reeva was murdered in error. That is precisely what happens to most women in violent relationships. When they are murdered their partners cook up all sorts of stories to twist the arm of justice or get minimum sentence. So ladies, please do not stay in violent relationships. It doesn’t have to be as violent as Oscar’s. Violence in a relation includes slapping, kicking, shoving, pushing or the use of swear words on you. Never condone such in your relationship, don’t give any man the right to treat you like a piece of rag.

HAVE AT LEAST ONE PERSON YOU ALWAYS TELL ABOUT YOUR WHEREABOUTS
There’s need for you to have at least one person you tell about your movements especially when you are in a new relationship. Tell somebody your whereabouts; don’t always hide everything from everybody.  Let somebody know when you are visiting your date. And tactically let your date know also that your friend or mother is aware that you are in his house. It may sound ridiculous,however, these are the little things that might save one’s life.

DON’T ENGAGE IN HOT EXCHANGES WITH YOUR MAN
When you are on a visit to your date and for whatever reason an argument ensues, be mindful of the way he sounds before you engage him. If you feel intimidated, excuse yourself and leave his house. Always make it abundantly clear to your man that you do not entertain violent behaviour. Don’t worry, you won’t lose him!

NEVER ENGAGE YOUR MAN IN A FIGHT
Please never engage your man in a fight for whatever reason. Please never! In the face of extreme provocation, kindly take a walk from the scene. I am not in any way saying Reeva fought Oscar, no! I just needed to add this point that engaging your man in a fisticuffs is never in your  best interest. Please desist from that!

FINAL POINT
On a lighter note, if you cry almost every day in your relationship; sit down and ask yourself “am I dating a human being or a bulb of onion?”

Goodmorning my lovely friends. God bless you and happy weekend.

2 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius: 5 Things Ladies Should Learn From The Death Of Reeva Steenkamp by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 14, 2014
thousands and thousands girls died because of domestic violence and u r creating thread just know? story came out just because he is famous. if he was a cleaner, nobody knew about this case
Re: Oscar Pistorius: 5 Things Ladies Should Learn From The Death Of Reeva Steenkamp by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 14, 2014
What could make a person which to murder somebody he shares everything with?
Re: Oscar Pistorius: 5 Things Ladies Should Learn From The Death Of Reeva Steenkamp by amacastel: 9:27am On Sep 14, 2014
Nice op u just said the fact
Re: Oscar Pistorius: 5 Things Ladies Should Learn From The Death Of Reeva Steenkamp by ahnie: 9:58am On Sep 14, 2014
4th.
Re: Oscar Pistorius: 5 Things Ladies Should Learn From The Death Of Reeva Steenkamp by AtheistD(m): 10:09am On Sep 14, 2014
voodoo85: thousands and thousands girls died because of domestic violence and u r creating thread just know? story came out just because he is famous. if he was a cleaner, nobody knew about this case

Better late than never. grin

(1) (Reply)

I Am Allowed To Pick My Nose, But You Are Not! / Guys That Don't Respect Ladies. Why? / Will U Accept An Arainged Mariage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.