Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,944 members, 7,828,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. (2715 Views)

Wada Begins Building Of N4.6bn Bridge 7days To End Of Tenure / The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos / Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by phoneport(m): 12:33pm On Sep 14, 2014
Sudan, a country of 38 million citizens (as at 2013), has only known peace for 11years (1972 – 1983) in her 58 years of gaining independence from the United Kingdom and Egypt. Of the 47 years of conflict, two civil wars have taken place and they are responsible for the loss of two and half million lives in a total of 40 years. The cause: religion.

Despite seceding from the Christian South in 2011, the North has continued in its persecution of Christians and President Omar al-Bashir has not hidden his intention to make Sudan an Islamic state, even if it means ‘atrocious’ persecutions of Christians. Though a strict version of sharia law is in effect, the constitution still recognizes religious freedom; provided you don’t convert from Islam, meaning there’s a systemic violation of the freedom of religion.

A prominent case in May, 2014, caused international outrage as a Sudanese court sentenced to death Meriam Yahia Ibrahim Ishag death for apostasy (simply put – converting from Islam to Christianity). Meriam, 27, was raised a Christian despite her father being Muslim; and was detained in prison where she was delivered of her second child, a daughter. Her plight shed light on some of the practices of the Sudanese government; and she was finally able to leave the country, following her release from prison, after negotiations made by the Italian government.

July 12, 2014, the al-Bashir regime’s ruthless campaign took a new twist by announcing through Shalil Abdullah, the minister for Guidance and Religious Endowments, that there would be a ban on the construction of new churches. Abdullah argued that there was no need to grant plots of land for new churches since the existing ones were enough.

The general secretary of the Sudan Council of Churches, Rev. Kori Elramla Kori Kuku, said the government’s intentions were shocking and misleading. “We (Christians) have the right to have new plots of land and building of new churches,” he said. “We need the churches for the growing of Sudanese Christians.”

The human rights organization, Christian Solidarity Worldwide, which works on behalf of persecuted Christians, also issued a statement, saying the continued practice of demolishing and confiscating church land constitutes a violation of the right of freedom of religion or belief; but will the Sudanese budge … History tells us, No.

3 Likes

Re: Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by eleojo23: 12:41pm On Sep 14, 2014
Hmmm..
Re: Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by phoneport(m): 12:42pm On Sep 14, 2014
PLEASE LETS FIND A SOLUTION TO OUR RELIGIOUS PROBLEM

1 Like

Re: Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by phoneport(m): 12:42pm On Sep 14, 2014
What is it about Christianity and the church Islam hate and want to silence?
I think it will be very straight and in the right light to put it out in the open so that Christians can learn and may be adjust.

I am not creating any hatred trend here; mind you, am only been open about this. After all if i do not like you, i will tell you what i do not like about you oton.

4 Likes

Re: Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by REMMEI(m): 12:47pm On Sep 14, 2014
What's the definition of peace in islam...can someone please tell me...

6 Likes

Re: Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by sseunth(m): 12:47pm On Sep 14, 2014
phoneport: What is it about Christianity and the church Islam hate and want to silence?
I think it will be very straight and in the right light to put it out in the open so that Christians can learn and may be adjust.

I am not creating any hatred trend here; mind you, am only been open about this. After all if i do not like you, i will tell you what i do not like about you oton.
so how is it a lesson for nigerians cus u did nt mention it in ur write up

3 Likes

Re: Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by rawpadgin(m): 1:14pm On Sep 14, 2014
these cats want to islamize the world
look @ turkey, more than 300 hundred years ago she was about 95% Christian, now she is about 98% Islam

1 Like

Re: Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by phoneport(m): 1:25pm On Sep 14, 2014
sseunth: so how is it a lesson for nigerians cus u did nt mention it in ur write up
Read the main trend and you will know why i want Nigerians to learn from the Sudan story. Over 2.5 million people are dead and they have still not learn t anything rather the fighting and killing all in the name of religion continues, and when some hard-core fundamentalist come on board like the one we now have in the North-East then it all goes to the dog at your throat.
If this is not worthy enough for us to learn from and adjust then i think we are heading for the water-fall and an inevitable smash on the jagged edge rock at the bottom.
And May God Help Us.

But you still did not answer my question.

1 Like

Re: Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by agriboom: 1:47pm On Sep 14, 2014
Hypocrites everywhere, it wasn't a big deal when countries all over were banning mosques including Angola (Africa) shey? But now that Christianity is at the receiving end..... Smh

2 Likes

Re: Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by focus7: 2:02pm On Sep 14, 2014
Islam is a satanic religion. In fair environment islam does not have what it takes to grow except it uses force and intimidation. Some years ago a muslim neighbour of mine came to warn me that he does not want me to relate with his family because he will not want his family to convert to Christians, throughout my stay in d neighbourhood he watched me with suspicion if I have being trying to lure anyone in his family to church. I later heard that he had a problem sometimes later that made him to spend days of prayer kneeling down for christian to pray him.

15 Likes

Re: Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by sseunth(m): 2:17pm On Sep 14, 2014
i think what the muslims hate is the way christianity grows....in any area, you gonna see atleast 3churches......and for the muslims, they dnt av d money to build mosque anyhow unlike the christians....maybe they think one day christianity will rise against them and the best way to prevent it is through violence

1 Like

Re: Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by phoneport(m): 2:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
agriboom: Hypocrites everywhere, it wasn't a big deal when countries all over were banning mosques including Angola (Africa) shey? But now that Christianity is at the receiving end..... Smh

I like your comment. But this will still not solve the problem, and the funny thing is that if will refuse to solve it, our children and the upcoming generation will continue killing each other.

If i say i do not like your religion then why?
And if i kill you because i hate your religion then what stops your family from coming after me or my children.
And what will stop the killings when family takes it to the community level and then state, national and race wise.
Now you are beginning to see the angle am coming from.

WHAT IS THE ROOT CAUSE OF RELIGIOUS HATRED.

2 Likes

Re: Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by phoneport(m): 2:30pm On Sep 14, 2014
focus7: Islam is a satanic religion. In fair environment islam does not have what it takes to grow except it uses force and intimidation. Some years ago a muslim neighbour of mine came to warn me that he does not want me to relate with his family because he will not want his family to convert to Christians, throughout my stay in d neighbourhood he watched me with suspicion if I have being trying to lure anyone in his family to church. I later heard that he had a problem sometimes later that made him to spend days of prayer kneeling down for christian to pray him.

Can you give us the facts on why Islam is a satanic Religion according to your assertion here.
If you do not have facts, i mean a reason for saying this then, you might have been mus-informed or may be i am wrong.

Do not get me wrong i told you earler that this trend is not to cause any form of hatred but to Bring the truth to the light.
Re: Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by Donfamous(m): 2:44pm On Sep 14, 2014
Islam is not resting. Let the Nigeria church come together and reason. This people are just too devilish. All thanks to pastor Emmanuel bosun for revealing this. This is an lesson to we Nigeria. Let's stop criticising our clerics, u can never see a Muslim abusing his imam. But we abuse oritsejafor even though he is not righteous in our eyes but we are not God. Let's support them and pray for them instead of criticising. Pls Christian we need to sit up.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by focus7: 2:57pm On Sep 14, 2014
phoneport:

Can you give us the facts on why Islam is a satanic Religion according to your assertion here.
If you do not have facts, i mean a reason for saying this then, you might have been mus-informed or may be i am wrong.

Do not get me wrong i told you earler that this trend is not to cause any form of hatred but to Bring the truth to the light.
read these quran verses surah 19:71-72, 4:34, 78:31,37:40-48, 44:51 also hadit 11-12 and judge urself if those thing represent satanic verses or not.
Re: Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 14, 2014
agriboom: Hypocrites everywhere, it wasn't a big deal when countries all over were banning mosques including Angola (Africa) shey? But now that Christianity is at the receiving end..... Smh

Angola banned Islam to prevent Jihardism from taking root in their country!
Islamic extremism is a major contributor all over the world today.
How do you draw the line between the moderate and the Jihardist Moslems?

for all I know, it is from "moderate" Moslems that Jihardists are groomed!

In Biafra, we shall allow freedom of religion, but we shall keep our guide against Islam.

If for any reason you exhibit violence in the name of blasphemy or whatever, we shall depot you if you are a foreigner or send you on a very long term jail if you are a Biafran!

the primitive lifestyle of the Arabs, called Sharia law shall never be mentioned in our constitution and if you must have that, then migrate to Sudan, Saudi, Iran and Northern Nigeria (if Boko Haram eventually wins).

8 Likes

Re: Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by GovWahala: 3:22pm On Sep 14, 2014
I don tire for this muslim/islam people

2 Likes

Re: Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by omenka(m): 3:38pm On Sep 14, 2014
July 12, 2014, the al-Bashir regime’s ruthless campaign took a new twist by announcing through Shalil Abdullah, the minister for Guidance and Religious Endowments, that there would be a ban on the construction of new churches. Abdullah argued that there was no need to grant plots of and for new churches since the existing ones were enough.

The general secretary of the Sudan Council of Churches, Rev. Kori Elramla Kori Kuku, said the government’s intentions were shocking and misleading. “We (Christians) have the right to have new plots of land and building of new churches,” he said. “We need the churches for the growing of Sudanese Christians.”
Apparently, the topic of this thread is disgustingly misleading.

Besides, was the op yet unborn when Angola proscribed Islam?? And as is the intention of Sudan, some christian dominant countries such as as Italy, Norway,
Netherlands, Denmark, Switzerland, and France have also taken steps towards the eradication of Islam; where was the op then

I'm sick of all these christian muslim crap! People should be allowed to practice whichever religion they please, and no one should be allowed to demonise someone else's religion. Some of the worst murderers and thieves we've had in history were either muslims or christians, from Hitler, to Mussolini, to Abacha, Jonathan, et al; whereas some of the most peaceful persons were neither, from Mahatma Ghandi to Dalai Lama!!

To me, no two religion have accounted for worst crimes in the history of humanity than Christianity and Islam. If anything, they both should be banned from featuring publicly!! angry

And before any asphalt headed troll decide to take a shot, I'm a bonafide christian!
Re: Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by blasterman(m): 3:55pm On Sep 14, 2014
phoneport:

Islam recommends killing of non Muslims as a way to go "heaven". That doesn't sound like wat God would say. By the way why r Africans so into Arab religion- is that not another neo colonisation.
Another form of slavery through religion Nigerians need to be aware and viligant of this. The way to defeat making everyone aware of this neo colonial agenda.

1 Like

Re: Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 14, 2014
The moslem can't just swallow the truth about Christianity..

The more they try to silence it,the more christianity grows.

Jesus rocks.

2 Likes

Re: Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by ZKOSOSO(m): 4:16pm On Sep 14, 2014
Islam in its truest form is Anti-christ defined!
They Worship the god that exist not yet fear for their lives at the thought of his imaginary wrath!
I know a muslim guy who does not fast @ ramadan, hardly say salaat in months. Hausa Niggar!
He said to me that Allah does not exist really but angry muslims exist everywhere to keep everyone in perpetual fear of an imaginary allah!!
There is no god but Jehovah, Jesus christ is HIS SON!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by phoneport(m): 4:23pm On Sep 14, 2014
blasterman:

Islam recommends killing of non Muslims as a way to go "heaven". That doesn't sound like wat God would say. By the way why r Africans so into Arab religion- is that not another neo colonisation.
Another form of slavery through religion Nigerians need to be aware and viligant of this. The way to defeat making everyone aware of this neo colonial agenda.
Can you provide the Koran vs or verses which lead claim to that, and did it actually mention the killing of christians?
What if the interpretations was misleading?
Then if what you are saying is correct, i think a Muslim reading this should come out openly to clarify this truth or heresy as the case may be.
Please am being objective here.

We do not need to fight all the time to prove our point.
Re: Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by phoneport(m): 4:23pm On Sep 14, 2014
blasterman:

Please do provide the place from the Koran that lays claim to what you have said. May be this could be the turning point for someone reading this trend.
Re: Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 14, 2014
Rubbish
Re: Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by ntyce(m): 5:13pm On Sep 14, 2014
idiotic comments.
Who are you to hate another man cos of his religion?
How sure are you that that Muslim or Christian won't make heaven before you?
Nigerians are filled with so much hatred, so divided along ethnic and religious lines.
Judge people and not their religion.

Have we not seen people kill in the name of Xtianity?
Hitler killed Jews to eradicate them from Europe and make Europe purely for xtianity.
Did anyone attack him cos of his beliefs?
Re: Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by MisterLongman(m): 6:17pm On Sep 14, 2014
Ethnicity and religion always walks hand in hand..... And most times, they are the causes of war and pandemonium
Re: Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by Ucheosefoh(m): 6:20pm On Sep 14, 2014
ZKOSOSO: Islam in its truest form is Anti-christ defined!
They Worship the god that exist not yet fear for their lives at the thought of his imaginary wrath!
I know a muslim guy who does not fast @ ramadan, hardly say salaat in months. Hausa Niggar!
He said to me that Allah does not exist really but angry muslims exist everywhere to keep everyone in perpetual fear of an imaginary allah!!
There is no god but Jehovah, Jesus christ is HIS SON!
what did you mean by their is no God but jehovah
Re: Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by ibedun: 6:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
Christianity and Islam should both be banned!!!

They are both dependent on imaginary Allah or God! and both are BS.

A means to control and exploit people especially women.
Re: Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by ibedun: 6:26pm On Sep 14, 2014
MisterLongman: Ethnicity and religion always walks hand in hand..... And most time time they are the causes of war and pandemonium

Understandable and necessary sometimes especially when it comes to 'taking over' somebody else's land.

But this Christian and muslim bullsh*t
Re: Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by MisterLongman(m): 6:33pm On Sep 14, 2014
Ucheosefoh: what did you mean by their is no God but jehovah
Leave the fanatic alone, let him continue to behave as if he is the so called jehovah's P.A
Re: Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by warripekin(m): 6:43pm On Sep 14, 2014
ntyce: idiotic comments.
Who are you to hate another man cos of his religion?
How sure are you that that Muslim or Christian won't make heaven before you?
Nigerians are filled with so much hatred, so divided along ethnic and religious lines.
Judge people and not their religion.

Have we not seen people kill in the name of Xtianity?
Hitler killed Jews to eradicate them from Europe and make Europe purely for xtianity.
Did anyone attack him cos of his beliefs?
Correction please! Hitler renounced his Christian believes.. He was an atheist and a racist who believed the ariyan race is superior to any other. He believed in eugenics he copied from his dad a sceptic.

3 Likes

Re: Sudan Bans Building Of Churches. (A Lesson For Nigerians}. by Mogidi: 7:05pm On Sep 14, 2014
Same thing would happen in Nigeria if Ayatollah Buhari ever wins, expect sharia law nationwide in the event Buhari wins.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Tambuwal Has Not Defected To APC / Looming Clash! Two Speakers To Sit In Ekiti Tomorrow / APC Presidential Candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, Visits Akwa Ibom On Tuesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.