Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,056 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Do You Think Someone Can Actually Bewitch Or Curse Another Person? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Think Someone Can Actually Bewitch Or Curse Another Person? (21316 Views)

Is Somebody Trying To Cast A Spell Or Curse On Me? / What To Do With Your Opinions On Another Person's (ir)religious Beliefs. / Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think Someone Can Actually Bewitch Or Curse Another Person? by Jsmile(m): 9:16am On Feb 19, 2015
Hear dis "Ignorance of the existence of something does not cancel the existence of it" Click like if you understand me
Re: Do You Think Someone Can Actually Bewitch Or Curse Another Person? by KoloOyinbo(m): 1:21pm On Feb 19, 2015
Jsmile:
Hear dis "Ignorance of the existence of something does not cancel the existence of it" Click like if you understand me

Ignorance of something is DIFFERENT from understanding that it does not exist!
Re: Do You Think Someone Can Actually Bewitch Or Curse Another Person? by 4C2215131: 1:50pm On Feb 19, 2015
DoTheNeedful:

Okay. That is your opinion and I understand you being an African and the way we were brought up.
Are those curses limited to Africa alone? Most of the time,we suffer from the mentality that somebody is after us than any curse.

Try to be hard-working.
Try to take responsibilities
Realize that in this life good and bad happens due to stochastic reasons.
Forget that somebody is after you
AND
You will realize that life can be beautiful and those people that you think are "after you" are busy trying to make ends meet too grin

You must understand that a lot of mis-informed people who have been taken in by their Pastors, Imams and the like blame their woes on curses. Yes, you are right in this aspect. But, I tell you that there are Genuine cases where the supernatural imposes on the preternatural and natural. In those rare cases, it's as real as it gets.

It's just like the issue of exorcism. The Catholic Church admin MUST be actually sure that ALL other "causes" of the so called demonic symptoms has been THOROUGHLY delineated and analysed within a temporal or secular background before approving an exorcism. In 99% of the case the victim's predicament can be explained within the bounds of science or medicine if you will. But, this fact does not negate the fact that there are cases of genuine demonic possession.

So, in essence, while I acquiesce with your view point I implore to not be so sure of your stance by dis-regarding the possibility that an old hag somewhere with nefarious intent can wrought much evil with the necessary knowledge. In fact the mark of true scholarship is evidenced by keeping an open mind about issues and always asking the question "...what if..."
Re: Do You Think Someone Can Actually Bewitch Or Curse Another Person? by 4C2215131: 1:54pm On Feb 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

The great minds are responsible for our REJECTION of such nonsense today. Please feel free to remain in ignorance and superstition while the rest of the world progresses without you. OR you could perhaps get a proper education and try to make something of yourself.

It is evident that you cannot engage in intellectual debate without resorting to cheap verbal attacks on your fellow discussant (s). Each to his own. I'm done here.
Re: Do You Think Someone Can Actually Bewitch Or Curse Another Person? by KoloOyinbo(m): 2:18pm On Feb 19, 2015
4C2215131:

It is evident that you cannot engage in intellectual debate without resorting to cheap verbal attacks on your fellow discussant (s). Each to his own. I'm done here.

MAGIC real(?) and you attempt to call this an INTELLECTUAL debate. No one of any intellect believes this rubbish.
Re: Do You Think Someone Can Actually Bewitch Or Curse Another Person? by KoloOyinbo(m): 2:18pm On Feb 19, 2015
4C2215131:

MAGIC real and you attempt to call this an INTELLECTUAL debate. No one of any intellect believes this rubbish.
Re: Do You Think Someone Can Actually Bewitch Or Curse Another Person? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Feb 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Ignorance of something is DIFFERENT from understanding that it does not exist!
Continue to deceive yourself.
Re: Do You Think Someone Can Actually Bewitch Or Curse Another Person? by KoloOyinbo(m): 3:09pm On Feb 19, 2015
tpacalipse:
Continue to deceive yourself.

I doubt that. The deceit is the fools trying to deceive the rest of the world but as they are more educated your lies will fail.

Also as the rubbish you talk does not work or exist you are deceiving yourself. Go get an education and better yourself instead of wasting time with primitive superstitions
Re: Do You Think Someone Can Actually Bewitch Or Curse Another Person? by DoTheNeedful: 4:33pm On Feb 19, 2015
4C2215131:

You must understand that a lot of mis-informed people who have been taken in by their Pastors, Imams and the like blame their woes on curses. Yes, you are right in this aspect. But, I tell you that there are Genuine cases where the supernatural imposes on the preternatural and natural. In those rare cases, it's as real as it gets.

It's just like the issue of exorcism. The Catholic Church admin MUST be actually sure that ALL other "causes" of the so called demonic symptoms has been THOROUGHLY delineated and analysed within a temporal or secular background before approving an exorcism. In 99% of the case the victim's predicament can be explained within the bounds of science or medicine if you will. But, this fact does not negate the fact that there are cases of genuine demonic possession.

So, in essence, while I acquiesce with your view point I implore to not be so sure of your stance by dis-regarding the possibility that an old hag somewhere with nefarious intent can wrought much evil with the necessary knowledge. In fact the mark of true scholarship is evidenced by keeping an open mind about issues and always asking the question "...what if..."

Noted
Re: Do You Think Someone Can Actually Bewitch Or Curse Another Person? by obiak4(m): 7:05pm On Feb 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

I don't think some MAGIC believing forest dweller is in any position to address me on Knowledge, Education, Literacy or indeed Research. Although a international consultant now, this is actually my second career. For the first 20 years I was a physicist so I understand research.

Now you are welcome to confine your 'research' wink to the magics and juju in your sambisa forest.

I am aware that cowries were one of the first West African currencies so it is quite ironic that you speak of them to illustrate how you are still living in the darkness and ignorance of the middle ages or earlier!
bro is liike you are nw on nl not your fault anyway
fyi am a great chemical engineer with international papers to prove wrote 3 while still in sch so for get what you are saying about research have been therew over and over...............
You should learn humor here on nl cowries is jst an exchange for "my two cent or my ten kobo advice
so u have seen ppl ask who is jonathan or buhari on nl
it just a play on words
like if i say who is jonathan where is stay here in france we do not know him it just pun play on words
u take things too personal read and learn
it a cracy word but me and you are definately not in a competition
my 1oooo cowries advice again
Re: Do You Think Someone Can Actually Bewitch Or Curse Another Person? by KoloOyinbo(m): 7:15pm On Feb 19, 2015
obiak4:

bro is liike you are nw on nl not your fault anyway
fyi am a great chemical engineer with international papers to prove wrote 3 while still in sch so for get what you are saying about research have been therew over and over...............
You should learn humor here on nl cowries is jst an exchange for "my two cent or my ten kobo advice
so u have seen ppl ask who is jonathan or buhari on nl
it just a play on words
like if i say who is jonathan where is stay here in france we do not know him it just pun play on words
u take things too personal read and learn
it a cracy word but me and you are definately not in a competition
my 1oooo cowries advice again

Hi I am aware of the cowrie tradition from when I did consultancy in First Bank. Just thought the connection ironic.

If you are a chemical engineer then you should be enough of a scientist to realise that magic, juju etc are superstitious nonsense. If not then your appreciation of science is very limited indeed. My own formal training is primarily as a physicist so perhaps this is an example of the old Physicist/Chemist rivalry surfacing! At least its not as bad as the Physicist/Engineer rivalry (never the twain shall meet)!

As for that Jonathan or Buhari I know them (I have spent two weeks out of every four for the last five months in Lagos) but am unsure what they have to do with it. I would be very interested to know if they believe this rubbish of Magic and Juju as no one who is that crazy is fit to run a country. Perhaps they don't believe but cannot afford to admit it in case they lose votes from the more ignorant of their supporters.

None of this changes the fact that magic, curses and juju are non existent rubbish for children and simple minds.
Re: Do You Think Someone Can Actually Bewitch Or Curse Another Person? by obiak4(m): 10:09pm On Feb 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Hi I am aware of the cowrie tradition from when I did consultancy in First Bank. Just thought the connection ironic.

If you are a chemical engineer then you should be enough of a scientist to realise that magic, juju etc are superstitious nonsense. If not then your appreciation of science is very limited indeed. My own formal training is primarily as a physicist so perhaps this is an example of the old Physicist/Chemist rivalry surfacing! At least its not as bad as the Physicist/Engineer rivalry (never the twain shall meet)!

As for that Jonathan or Buhari I know them (I have spent two weeks out of every four for the last five months in Lagos) but am unsure what they have to do with it. I would be very interested to know if they believe this rubbish of Magic and Juju as no one who is that crazy is fit to run a country. Perhaps they don't believe but cannot afford to admit it in case they lose votes from the more ignorant of their supporters.

None of this changes the fact that magic, curses and juju are non existent rubbish for children and simple minds.
i would pray for both of us that they shall not come near us by the name of the almighy
would advice you to at least listen to messages from d.k olukoya of mfm,readily available on utube
it might change your perception a bit
the power of evil resident power
your personal court of pharaoh
problem of spiritual geography
mysterious battles
the secret you need to know
Fyi am not an mfm member just love and try to abide by the teachings

blessed be
Re: Do You Think Someone Can Actually Bewitch Or Curse Another Person? by KoloOyinbo(m): 10:21pm On Feb 19, 2015
obiak4:

i would pray for both of us that they shall not come near us by the name of the almighy
would advice you to at least listen to messages from d.k olukoya of mfm,readily available on utube
it might change your perception a bit
the power of evil resident power
your personal court of pharaoh
problem of spiritual geography
mysterious battles
the secret you need to know
Fyi am not an mfm member just love and try to abide by the teachings
blessed be

Well thanks for the good wishes.
Re: Do You Think Someone Can Actually Bewitch Or Curse Another Person? by obiak4(m): 10:23pm On Feb 19, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

so what would you say about secret society like rosicrucian order,o.o.o,igbe, reformed ogboni confraternity, aiye,eiye,vikings and the foreign ones like the church of satan, freemanson,skulls and bone,illuminaty,
are they jokers?
are they just playing there?
What about books like the six and seven book of moses,efficacy of psalms, just dont want to mention names and let the innocent dable and search for them online too dangerous
what technology did the children of babel used to build to reach heaven? As written in the bible
Or has scientist been able to explain how the pyramid of egypt was build? Logically and if yes why has no body build any such similar structure for ages?
Think about it
blessed be
Re: Do You Think Someone Can Actually Bewitch Or Curse Another Person? by KoloOyinbo(m): 10:33pm On Feb 19, 2015
obiak4:

so what would you say about secret society like rosicrucian order,o.o.o,igbe, reformed ogboni confraternity, aiye,eiye,vikings and the foreign ones like the church of satan, freemanson,skulls and bone,illuminaty,
are they jokers?
are they just playing there?
What about books like the six and seven book of moses,efficacy of psalms, just dont want to mention names and let the innocent dable and search for them online too dangerous
what technology did the children of babel used to build to reach heaven? As written in the bible
Or has scientist been able to explain how the pyramid of egypt was build? Logically and if yes why has no body build any such similar structure for ages?
Think about it
blessed be

Well the Rosicrucians are idiots who con money out of the gullible (perhaps they are not so idiotic after all) and as for the Illuminati... well do they really exist outside of conspiracy theory?

Babel built a big tower that collapsed when it got to the limit of current engineering of those times etc etc.

Not of these idiotic things prove anything except the gullibility of the believer!
Re: Do You Think Someone Can Actually Bewitch Or Curse Another Person? by ladon1: 10:34pm On Feb 19, 2015
Ofcos curse and bewitching is real, wether you believe itvor not. The only immunity to these things is to abide under the shadow of the almighty.
The bible says in the book of numbers 23:23. There is no divination against jacob nor enchantement against israel. Meanin that thoes that are in convenant with God through Jesus chriat can not be enchanted by witches neither can they be cursed by anyone but if you are without christ? You are just one of numerous captive of the devil under the curse of the law waiting to be roasted by thd devil
Re: Do You Think Someone Can Actually Bewitch Or Curse Another Person? by ladon1: 10:35pm On Feb 19, 2015
Ofcos curse and bewitching is real, wether you believe it or not. The only immunity to these things is to abide under the shadow of the almighty.
The bible says in the book of numbers 23:23. There is no divination against jacob nor enchantement against israel. Meaning that those that are in convenant with God through Jesus chriat can not be enchanted by witches neither can they be cursed by anyone but if you are without christ? You are just one of numerous captive of the devil under the curse of the law waiting to be roasted by thd devil
Re: Do You Think Someone Can Actually Bewitch Or Curse Another Person? by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:38am On Feb 20, 2015
ladon1:
Ofcos curse and bewitching is real, wether you believe it or not. The only immunity to these things is to abide under the shadow of the almighty.
The bible says in the book of numbers 23:23. There is no divination against jacob nor enchantement against israel. Meaning that those that are in convenant with God through Jesus chriat can not be enchanted by witches neither can they be cursed by anyone but if you are without christ? You are just one of numerous captive of the devil under the curse of the law waiting to be roasted by thd devil

If we introduce religion we run the risk of accepting ALL MAGIC and JUJU as real which it clearly is not. This is not a mature view of religion either!

Also this magic/curse/juju has failed every test so we know it is only for weak minded fools!
Re: Do You Think Someone Can Actually Bewitch Or Curse Another Person? by ladon1: 7:07pm On Feb 20, 2015
The biggest fools that ever exit are the ones who believed that there is no God. They think they came into being by evoluting fom tadpoles and algae. What stupidity. Even Satan himself believes that there is God and trembles.
The whole creation is enough for any wise to discern that without a creator, there can't never be a creation and only an educated fool will think because God can't be seen then he doesn't exist. Because i can't see electricity doesn't mean that its not real. The things that are powered by electricity tells us that elextricity is real though no one can see electrity with his physical eyes.
Re: Do You Think Someone Can Actually Bewitch Or Curse Another Person? by KoloOyinbo(m): 9:20pm On Feb 20, 2015
ladon1:
The biggest fools that ever exit are the ones who believed that there is no God. They think they came into being by evoluting fom tadpoles and algae. What stupidity. Even Satan himself believes that there is God and trembles.
The whole creation is enough for any wise to discern that without a creator, there can't never be a creation and only an educated fool will think because God can't be seen then he doesn't exist. Because i can't see electricity doesn't mean that its not real. The things that are powered by electricity tells us that elextricity is real though no one can see electrity with his physical eyes.

I do not believe in Magic and JUJU for two reasons:

One - Science
Two - I believe in God and he certainly does not work that way!

Bullet proof charms indeed! Where in the Bible? etc etc.

Magic and Juju - for weak minded fools. It has never worked!
Re: Do You Think Someone Can Actually Bewitch Or Curse Another Person? by gallivant: 8:23pm On Mar 02, 2015
[img]tumblr_lvs4yiVRxd1r790gdo1_500[/img]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church / 'House On The Rock' Elder Femi Gbajabiamila Turns Muslim To Become SPEAKER / I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.