Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,588 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

[there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba (3701 Views)

Nigeria Is Sliding Into Economic Recession Under Buhari’s Watch – Olisa Agbakoba / The Booby Traps Before Buhari – Olisa Agbakoba. / US Bomb Warning Is No Big Deal – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

[there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by Knowyaself(m): 8:33pm On Sep 14, 2014
[There’s no big reason why we must be together as a country – Agbakoba]

Olisa Agbakoba, a senior advocate of Nigeria (SAN) and former president of the Nigerian Bar Association, took a deserved rest after his participation at the recently concluded National Conference. In a chat with journalists recently, Agbakoba addressed key national issues and fielded questions from the press on a wide range of issues that covered the conference, Boko Haram insurgency, 2015 election and more. OLUSEGUN ABISOYE was there. Excerpts:

National conference fallout

I’ve been out of the country for a while; a well-earned sabbatical after the National Conference. But I think in the context of what I’ve even seen across the world, the conference produced good results. What I think the challenge would be is, where do we take it from? That is the challenge.

You know, in a country that has multi-ethnic, linguistic fault lines; there’s no way you can get perfect results. For me, I was personally, initially, deeply taken aback by the deep level of division, first between the North and the South, very deep levels of division.

Therefore, the consensus the South thought it could build on the issue of regionalism was even opposed by Lagos. So, you can see how difficult the problem was. Lagos opposed it, Ebonyi State opposed it; Ebonyi said they are the least developed state in the South and therefore, if we have regionalism, they will be affected. I say these to underscore a very important point – that the problem in Nigeria is not about ethnic nationality, it’s about development.

And the National Conference, if the President through his Implementation Committee, thinks up good recommendation, I’ll be satisfied with it (even though I don’t think I agree with that). I thought that our recommendations should have gone straight to a referendum. You know, when you bring politicians to review our report, there is a likelihood that in their own interest, they will not do what the people of Nigeria want. So, that is a concern.

But full marks to the President, he’s the one who has gone the farthest ever since Babangida began deceiving us back in the 90s and Obasanjo himself tried to get his Third Term. But let’s give praise where praise is due because this President has surprised even me. He has been the one who has been the most candid in the debate.

But I think he needs to think very carefully whether this Implementation Committee is the right vehicle. I would have thought that the right vehicle would be to put it to a referendum. So, I do think that the referendum is the proper way to go.

Let me also add that as you may be aware, there might be an ‘earthquake’ in the UK. And the UK is supposed to be our fathers, yet Scotland wants to leave. And as it is going, it looks like Scotland may leave the United Kingdom.

So, I think the time has come for us all to agree that if we cannot stay together as a country, we should go our separate ways. There is nothing intrinsically correct by saying that Nigeria must continue to exist.

In fact, by saying that Nigeria must continue to exist, you are forcing the North down our throats; we rebel against it. What is the response of the British Prime Minister to Scotland wanting to leave? He hoists the Scottish flag on his house. He goes to Scotland and he is right now in Scotland; he is persuading.

But here, it is all about force. The Secretary to the Federal Government says there shall be a conference but the no-go area is to talk about Nigeria’s dissolution. There is nothing sacrosanct about the existence of Nigeria. Nothing! Nothing sacrosanct as far as I’m concerned! If we cannot exist together, too bad. I personally think Nigeria has the human capital to be Africa’s giant. But it’s not by force. That’s my point; it’s not by force.

We can point to the example of our colonial masters, just now entertaining a big debate about Scotland leaving. Scotland is saying to itself, ‘we are not getting a good deal in United Kingdom, so why should we be in the United Kingdom?

There are two guys involved – Alister and David Cameron; David for Scotland stay in England, Alister is for it to go. Scotland is saying, ‘if we’re by ourselves, all the oil in the South would be ours. David feels that is an attractive argument and he says, ‘you know what, I’ll devolve more powers to you.’ But here, all we hear is force – ‘We must stay together!’ Why must we stay together? We are all collectively in our individual corners, able to be individual countries; and maybe, that’s the way to go, even though I see the strength in being a big country.

The other interesting thing is in ‘staying’. All you hear is stay. I don’t know how many of you have heard about the Catalans. There are at least six separate entities in Spain; none see eye to eye. Spain was originally colonised by the Moles, who came from Morocco. So, there’s a lot of Islamic influence in Spain. Those are called the Andalusians. Then you have the Basque who don’t even want to be in Spain and they’ve formed their own Boko Haram called ETA.

Then the people around Madrid are related to the French and they are called the Castiles. It is the Castiles who dominate Spanish life; but the Catalans, Barcelona. And these are the ones who supply 30% of the revenue. But the Castiles in 1675 subjugated the Catalans. Till today, there is that big argument between the Castiles and the Catalans – all too familiar when I was touring Spain.

So the answer was to create autonomous regions. That is the only way Nigeria can work – autonomous regions. So, there is a President of the Catalans; he is in charge of all the Catalans. It is like saying there is a president of the South-East; he is in charge of all the issues concerning the South-East and so on and forth.

So the Nigerian problem has to be confronted frontally. We are absolutely divided by many things. And unless we understand that division, we cannot solve those problems. As I said, there is no big reason why we must be together. If we are not going to be together, let’s agree to part in peace. That is part of the Eritrean Constitution and the Ethiopian Constitution as written by Professor Nwabueze. What Professor Nwabueze found out was that when you tell people ‘you can go’ nobody goes. So enough on that.

2015 elections

It is a great disappointment that the clap seems to be happening with one hand (as regards the election). I don’t see two hands. At my age, I need to speak directly and truthfully. I can only see one hand in the clap. And if there’s only one hand, the clap cannot be good.

What I mean is that President Jonathan is not facing opposition. He needs to face opposition; he needs to be challenged by issues. APC is simply not a party. It is a party waiting to take power, that is all and that is the truth. That is why Nuhu Ribadu can cross from APC to PDP; when I was abroad and read it, I couldn’t believe it.

How can you be in APC and cross to PDP? How can you cross parties? So the President is clapping with one hand and needs strong opposition. The call would be for multi-pluralism to take place in Nigeria. This is because when you have two strong teams, you are likely to have a strong result.

But right now, President Jonathan is clapping with one hand. And as I see it, unless we are all telling lies, I don’t see the opposition. The APC is a party in tatters; they are fighting each other; there is a clear South-West APC, there is a North APC.

I don’t know if the South-West wing of the APC and the North APC will work together. I don’t see that happening soon. But the PDP with all its challenges seems to be the only act in town; and that is terrible in a country of 160 million people. And that is terrible because the result of the 2015 election is almost for me, nearly predictable.

Playing people-centred politics

This is leading me to the third issue of how we can get around our ‘poverty-in-the-midst-of-plenty’ country where we have a lot of resources, a lot of assets but they are not properly deployed. And it is also because our politicians are not interested in issues. A politician is only interested in how many people will support him because he wishes to win the governorship race, not because of the issues he can take to the people. Nigerians are still not part of the equation. We don’t count. What I saw on my trip is how strong people are.

Do you know there is a party called Ukip led by the gregarious Nick Farage? He has a racist agenda and he’s presenting it as if Labour is very soft on immigration and the Conservatives are also very soft, so he holds the largest bloc of votes in the European Union. That is serious.

But in truth, the penetration of the UK economy by East Europeans is becoming really strong. This is because initially, at the end of the Cold War, it was very interesting to lure the East Europeans with European Union passports. Now, what is happening to the UK economy is that they are being overrun by East Europeans – the Polish, Romanians etc, and they work harder.

But what struck me in the Nick Farage example I cited is that he had taken his case to the people – and rightly or wrongly, he is winning them to his side – (Of course, I don’t like it as a black person). But my point here is, the issue is the politics of the UK and it is likely that the general election will be lost by David Cameron and the new prime minister will be Ed Miliband.

They can forecast all these things because they can see the trend. What excited me about their politics is that I may be unhappy with Nick Farage as black man, but if I was a white British man, I’ll be cheering him on. Right now, he is the single most popular British politician behind Boris Johnson, mayor of London. These two are tapping into the emotional needs of the people.

But our politicians don’t do that; they don’t tap into the issues; they don’t create the issues that will excite the people and I’m sure you know why – it is because our votes don’t count. So we ought to find a way. And I regret that we the civil societies have lost some of our bite. But don’t blame us because our strength was confronting the military.

I wish we had a way to challenge the politicians. If you are not a popular person, why should you stand for election? There are several men who have been in and out of jail who are governors and who are in the House. But because your votes don’t count, they are there. So that is going to be very insightful for 2015 given that PDP is clapping with one hand, given that there are no issues in politics; the result is going to be business as usual.

Time to decapitate Boko Haram

I think our first task is to look around the world, and ask whether what we see happening in ISIS, whether what we see happening in Yemen and elsewhere; whether our Nigerian intelligence and military and infrastructure is doing what it ought to do.

I’m speaking for myself: If I was the Commander-in-Chief, I’ll be inviting the chief of defence staff; Alex Badeh should be dismissed…if you lose command, you lose a mission, there is only one result in the army – you are off! If the President fails to send a strong message that the mission is not accomplished, then the chain of command will be weak. In the army, there can’t be disobedience to superior command. How can you have Nigerian soldiers, carrying our equipment and running into Cameroon? It tells you that the army is degraded.

The only way you can end the Boko Haram insurgency is by the resolute decapitation of its leadership. There is no other way. Because they (Boko Haram) will put a knife in your back first; second, they won’t spare you. You saw what ISIS did with those two Americans; we have to realise that Boko Haram is copying the tactics of ISIS.

ISIS declares a caliphate in Iraq and Syria and they (Boko Haram) declared it here and we are all eating ice cream. This is the most serious challenge facing Nigeria. And the only way is for the President to send the strongest possible message that enough is enough. First is to say that the military high command has failed in its duties and should be relieved of his functions – immediately!

If you don’t do well in football as you all know – we all follow football very well – if you don’t do well you are put on the bench. I take nothing from Alex Badeh being a nice man, but the point is, if a mission has not been accomplished, there has to be consequences. If there’s no consequence, then nothing will change. If you don’t bring all your reports for your editors to put in tomorrow’s paper, you are not going to have your job…so there has to be a consequence of failure.

We have to agree that Boko Haram is serious, we have failed and we have to try new tactics. And the new tactics is to completely degrade them. Don’t forget that the Americans have come with their human intelligence, aerial intelligence, photographic intelligence, electronic intelligence and have shown us that where they (Boko Haram) are…what are we waiting for? Go and degrade them. When they are degraded the entire thing will be over. That is what to do, otherwise the infestation will grow. It will grow.

Ebola wake-up call

On the Ebola thing, my comments would be that full marks go to the Lagos State government and the Federal Government for the framework to contain it. But this ought to be a wake-up call that we need to introduce a very strong health insurance system in the mould of what Obama did.

If you like call it Jonathancare; I don’t care if he takes that glory. But we need something on ground which makes Nigeria’s health delivery system world class. The Indians have done it. But we are not committing enough people to deal with some of these issues.(MTN is not liable for this message)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by 9jii(m): 8:39pm On Sep 14, 2014
Who cares?
Re: [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by Knowyaself(m): 8:42pm On Sep 14, 2014
Wish most nigerians are this logical....

5 Likes

Re: [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by wecan: 10:11pm On Sep 14, 2014
This man has said it all:-

So, I think the time has come for us all to agree that if we cannot stay together as a country, we should go our separate ways. There is nothing intrinsically correct by saying that Nigeria must continue to exist.

In fact, by saying that Nigeria must continue to exist, you are forcing the North down our throats; we rebel against it. What is the response of the British Prime Minister to Scotland wanting to leave? He hoists the Scottish flag on his house. He goes to Scotland and he is right now in Scotland; he is persuading.

But here, it is all about force. The Secretary to the Federal Government says there shall be a conference but the no-go area is to talk about Nigeria’s dissolution. There is nothing sacrosanct about the existence of Nigeria. Nothing! Nothing sacrosanct as far as I’m concerned! If we cannot exist together, too bad. I personally think Nigeria has the human capital to be Africa’s giant. But it’s not by force. That’s my point; it’s not by force

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by Mogidi: 10:17pm On Sep 14, 2014
The North (with help from the SW) have been trying to make a non working entity work. The Nigerian experiment is a failed project, lets agree to dissolve peacefully. Those who make peaceful change impossible invariably makes violent change inevitable, am sick of being in a country with people who wants to kill me because of my religion, to your tents oh Israel.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by lokito: 10:18pm On Sep 14, 2014
@Op, write-up is longer than fourth mainland bridge

@topic, the biggest reason is because of dependence and symbiosis
Re: [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by oduastates: 10:19pm On Sep 14, 2014
He lost me on that NC thing.
Lagos refusal of regionalism was tactical than any thing else.
In a few years time ,after the founding of odua states , you will know the reason why.
I am sure most people here cannot even name the delegates from Lagos .
They were probably the most intellectually equipped in that whole conference.
All the same , good article from agbakoba

2 Likes

Re: [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by brownlord: 10:40pm On Sep 14, 2014
Knowyaself: [There’s no big reason why we must be together as a country – Agbakoba]

2015 elections

It is a great disappointment that the clap seems to be happening with one hand (as regards the election). I don’t see two hands. At my age, I need to speak directly and truthfully. I can only see one hand in the clap. And if there’s only one hand, the clap cannot be good.

What I mean is that President Jonathan is not facing opposition. He needs to face opposition; he needs to be challenged by issues. APC is simply not a party. It is a party waiting to take power, that is all and that is the truth. That is why Nuhu Ribadu can cross from APC to PDP; when I was abroad and read it, I couldn’t believe it.

How can you be in APC and cross to PDP? How can you cross parties? So the President is clapping with one hand and needs strong opposition. The call would be for multi-pluralism to take place in Nigeria. This is because when you have two strong teams, you are likely to have a strong result.

But right now, President Jonathan is clapping with one hand. And as I see it, unless we are all telling lies, I don’t see the opposition. The APC is a party in tatters; they are fighting each other; there is a clear South-West APC, there is a North APC.

I don’t know if the South-West wing of the APC and the North APC will work together. I don’t see that happening soon. But the PDP with all its challenges seems to be the only act in town; and that is terrible in a country of 160 million people. And that is terrible because the result of the 2015 election is almost for me, nearly predictable.

Whatever he means with that, i hope Gbawe and group can interpret this

6 Likes

Re: [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by EMANY01(m): 11:03pm On Sep 14, 2014
oduastates: He lost me on that NC thing.
In a few years time ,after the founding of odua states , you will know the reason why.

Care to explain? I was shocked when the delegates from lagos did a Volta face in the whole regionalism issue during the national conference.
I n my opinion,I felt they were playing to the claims of some southerners east of ore who claimed that the south west always makes claims and demands to the restructuring of Nigeria but when push come to shove they fail to follow through.
Or was this a case of this thing we have sought for so long is being provided by someone we have told our people that he does not have our interests at heart we will not accept it.
I believe that the SW,SE & SS wasted the opportunity to push through their core agenda/needs at the conference for reasons I have yet to fully understand.If ever another conference is organized it will be under the close supervision of a northerner as president and the latitude that this conference provided will hardly be there.
Not liking Jonathan should not mean willfully sabotaging ones self

5 Likes

Re: [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by EMANY01(m): 11:06pm On Sep 14, 2014
brownlord:

Whatever he means with that, i hope Gbawe and group can interpret this

Me too,I'm waiting eagerly for Nairaland APC stalwarts to give their take on that section.

2 Likes

Re: [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by brownlord: 11:13pm On Sep 14, 2014
EMANY01:

Me too,I'm waiting eagerly for Nairaland APC stalwarts to give their take on that section.

Their Oga will be here any moment fuming and emitting different acidic propaganda just to suit his job and masters, if he's not here in 30 minutes, he will send banicansta, that's their errand boy

7 Likes

Re: [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by EMANY01(m): 11:20pm On Sep 14, 2014
brownlord:

Their Oga will be here any moment fuming and emitting different acidic propaganda just to suit his job and masters, if he's not here in 30 minutes, he will send banicansta, that's their errand boy

Please can we try to have a reasonable dialogue and not jump immediately into ethnic and party based insults?
I am from the SS but I need to understand why the SW delegates made the decision they made.
Lets keep this thread clean ,just try it cannot be too hard.
Re: [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by IGBOSON1: 12:02am On Sep 15, 2014
EMANY01:

Please can we try to have a reasonable dialogue and not jump immediately into ethnic and party based insults?
I am from the SS but I need to understand why the SW delegates made the decision they made.

^^^I think Lagos shared the same fears that Ebonyi had: that they presently have some measure of independence, and if we revert back to regionalism (6 regions) they may become subjugated and their resources carted off to the regional capital where their 'noisy' and 'stronger' neighbouring kinsfolk will either take more than their fair share, or sideline them in decision making through sheer strength of their numbers!

I know Ebonyians are aware some Igbos think they're more 'Igbo' then others, and they're not having it!

1 Like

Re: [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by whitecat1: 12:06am On Sep 15, 2014
I may be wrong but, my understanding of this article on why Lagos rejected it was that the regionalism was put forward as north/south, which I would reject too. It should have been SW,SS,SE
EMANY01:

2 Likes

Re: [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by IGBOSON1: 12:12am On Sep 15, 2014
whitecat1: I may be wrong but, my understanding of this article on why Lagos rejected it was that the regionalism was put forward as north/south, which I would reject too. It should have been SW,SS,SE

^^^You're right.......you're wrong on that score!
Re: [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by Collynzo17: 12:23am On Sep 15, 2014
Fuccking hypocrite!
I have never failed to tell you and that Sloan of a guy AKA madamoringo, who keep shouting the South East refused to support the South west's call for regionalism that you hypocrites never asked for it. One SW delegate said he wanted a regionalism where Lagos will be given a special status (i.e not enjoy the resources of other regions), the other one said he wanted a regionalism where every region will control their resources EXCEPT OIL.
You guys talk from both sides of the mouth and it is a huge shame.

4 Likes

Re: [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by Collynzo17: 12:25am On Sep 15, 2014
whitecat1: I may be wrong but, my understanding of this article on why Lagos rejected it was that the regionalism was put forward as north/south, which I would reject too. It should have been SW,SS,SE
A huge failure of an attempt at revisionism.

1 Like

Re: [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by whitecat1: 7:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
Go scratch!
Collynzo17:
A huge failure of an attempt at revisionism.
Re: [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by Kponkwem(m): 10:26pm On Sep 17, 2014
Mogidi: The North (with help from the SW) have been trying to make a none working entity work. The Nigerian experiment is a failed project, lets agree to dissolve peacefully. Those who make peaceful change impossible invariably makes violent change inevitable, am sick of being in a country with people who wants to kill me because of my religion, to your tents oh Israel.

Scotland has stoked a serious fire on seperatism and self determination around the world. The lie for instance on Nigeria must be exposed. If this country cannot stand, let's seperate! The era of threatening people especially, the Igbo of losing their lives and properties are over. After all, after this Scottish vote, the two nations will agree on assets management and transfers. Let's break this yoke!

4 Likes

Re: [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by jmoore(m): 10:51pm On Sep 17, 2014
One Nigeria!!!!!
Re: [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by docsholz(m): 11:17pm On Sep 17, 2014
I concur
Re: [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 17, 2014
Interesting.

However, the excerpt below cracked me up:

There are two guys involved – Alister and David Cameron; David for Scotland stay in England, Alister is for it to go. Scotland is saying, ‘if we’re by ourselves, all the oil in the South would be ours. David feels that is an attractive argument and he says, ‘you know what, I’ll devolve more powers to you.’ But here, all we hear is force – ‘We must stay together!’ Why must we stay together? We are all collectively in our individual corners, able to be individual countries; and maybe, that’s the way to go, even though I see the strength in being a big country.

Perhaps, he was referring to Alex (Salmond) because the only other "Alistair" deeply involved in the Scottish independence debate/referendum is Alistair Darling, and he's a unionist and for Scotland to stay in the union - a proper London-Scot.

Anyway, everything the man said is right on the money. And I'm glad he travelled to Europe to view things by himself, and he was able to see the bigger picture - not the American-induced one-Nigeria most of these unexposed folks are stuck on. Most of them don't even know that America isn't even a democracy - it's a constitutional republic.

1 Like

Re: [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by philantoxx(m): 12:00am On Sep 18, 2014
verily
Re: [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by ketoprofen(m): 7:05am On Sep 18, 2014

y did Lagos refuse?

1 Like

Re: [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by ketoprofen(m): 7:11am On Sep 18, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^I think Lagos shared the same fears that Ebonyi had: that they presently have some measure of independence, and if we revert back to regionalism (6 regions) they may become subjugated and their resources carted off to the regional capital where their 'noisy' and 'stronger' neighbouring kinsfolk will either take more than their fair share, or sideline them in decision making through sheer strength of their numbers!

I know Ebonyians are aware some Igbos think they're more 'Igbo' then others, and they're not having it!

So, without the federalism, is ebonyi feeling superior to other igbos? Which resources will be carted away from her if regionalism were to take place?
Their decision is very stupid .U are not developed under the status quo, you still don't want to change systems .
That's rubbish.Like governor like NC representatives

2 Likes

Re: [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 18, 2014
my friend, the article is funny. There is nothing like South as long as I and the SS are comcerned. The SE should STAND alone and take Anioma along if they so wish secession. The article is still the fraud of '67 ie Give Us Biafra but we want SS along..QED!!!
@ olisa Agbakoba: I know that you are proPDP and secessionist. I will encourage the entire people of SS to grant you your secession dream but IF you think that the SS will be part of that nonsense of Ojukwu, then you shall be disappointed.

2 Likes

Re: [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 18, 2014
Re: [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 18, 2014
barcanista: my friend, the article is funny. There is nothing like South as long as I and the SS are comcerned. The SE should STAND alone and take Anioma along if they so wish secession. The article is still the fraud of '67 ie Give Us Biafra but we want SS along..QED!!!
@ olisa Agbakoba: I know that you are proPDP and secessionist. I will encourage the entire people of SS to grant you your secession dream but IF you think that the SS will be part of that nonsense of Ojukwu, then you shall be disappointed.

You might wish to commit suicide to cure your frustrations and hatred for the Igbos, a great and peaceful people that will continue to prosper whether animals like you like it or not. For your information there is nothing like SS. It is just a political creation to helm-in the Igbos. Let me inform you that Igbo land is much bigger than the Nigerian politically defined SE. We have Igbos scattered all over your so-called SS. You may wish to speak for the Ijaws since you claim to be one but let me remind you that the “SS” as it stands today is much bigger than your Ijaw.

Let me also remind you that inconsequential doffers like you cannot strain the good relationship presently on ground between the Igbos and the Ijaws and indeed all other ethnic groups in the “SS.”

16 Likes

Re: [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 18, 2014
EUROBOMBER:

You might wish to commit suicide to cure your frustrations and hatred for the Igbos, a great and peaceful people that will continue to prosper whether animals like you like it or not. For your information there is nothing like SS. It is just a political creation to helm-in the Igbos. Let me inform you that Igbo land is much bigger than the Nigerian politically defined SE. We have Igbos scattered all over your so-called SS. You may wish to speak for the Ijaws since you claim to be one but let me remind you that the “SS” as it stands today is much bigger than your Ijaw.

Let me also remind you that inconsequential doffers like you cannot strain the good relationship presently on ground between the Igbos and the Ijaws and indeed all other ethnic groups in the “SS.”
Just as I expected, the greedy clown showed up.
1. The SS is not synonymous to the Ijaws
2. The Ijaws do not have any "Special" relationship or alliance with the Igbo whatsoever.
3. Ijaw hero and Patriot Boro Isaac fought along with other Ijaw patriots and Nigerians to rid Ibos off Ijawland and SS
4. There is no and has never been any good relationship between the Igbos and Ijaws(we don't see you as ally). In fact the Kaima Document does not recognize Igbo nor made mention of it. Let me also say this that some ijaw communities usually take their sons to shrine to SWEAR not to have anything to do with ibos. I won't mention the communities
5. The igbo attrocities is still fresh on the minds of ijaws and shall be revisited if you guys tow same path.
6. The Old Midwest has not forgotten so soon what you guys did.
7. Neither is the Ikwerres.
8. Should Nigeria break, there will be a map of Niger Delta Republi of 1966. Biafra is on its own
9. Igbos will be supported to have their biafra by all and sundary but count the Ijaws and majority SS out of your biafra fantasy.
10. I don't hate Igbos just telling you what is on ground.

4 Likes

Re: [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by Parishpriest: 8:49am On Sep 18, 2014
An erudite scholar has just deposited something positive.

1 Like

Re: [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by WilyWily: 9:18am On Sep 18, 2014
EUROBOMBER:
You may wish to speak for the Ijaws since you claim to be one but let me remind you that the “SS” as it stands today is much bigger than your Ijaw.

Stop calling Bacanistan Ijaw man, he is Negro Nt a Yoruba man, many of them are shivering because of the huge Igbo support for Jonathan, So they are trying all their best to make Igbo hate Jonathan(Ijaw), they couldn't believe their eyes, it is a shock and they are finding it difficult to get over.
his main aim is to make Igbos and Ijaws hate each other,

12 Likes

Re: [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba by Mckennedy: 9:29am On Sep 18, 2014
barcanista: Just as I expected, the greedy clown showed up.
1. The SS is not synonymous to the Ijaws
2. The Ijaws do not have any "Special" relationship or alliance with the Igbo whatsoever.
3. Ijaw hero and Patriot Boro Isaac fought along with other Ijaw patriots and Nigerians to rid Ibos off Ijawland and SS
4. There is no and has never been any good relationship between the Igbos and Ijaws(we don't see you as ally). In fact the Kaima Document does not recognize Igbo nor made mention of it. Let me also say this that some ijaw communities usually take their sons to shrine to SWEAR not to have anything to do with ibos. I won't mention the communities
5. The igbo attrocities is still fresh on the minds of ijaws and shall be revisited if you guys tow same path.
6. The Old Midwest has not forgotten so soon what you guys did.
7. Neither is the Ikwerres.
8. Should Nigeria break, there will be a map of Niger Delta Republi of 1966. Biafra is on its own
9. Igbos will be supported to have their biafra by all and sundary but count the Ijaws and majority SS out of your biafra fantasy.
10. I don't hate Igbos just telling you what is on ground.

Please mention the name of the Ijaw community that took such oath else you are a liar..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rock On:- How To Recieve Your Own 120gb From Etisalat Free / LADIES' OPINIONS: Are You More Attracted To Guys With Beards Than Shaven Ones? / President Buhari’s Team Releases First Campaign Photos And Nigerians Can’t Stop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.