Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,489 members, 7,812,526 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

- Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / (2108 Views)

How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari / Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode / Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

by motherlode: 9:09pm On Sep 14, 2014
Re: by oduastates: 9:14pm On Sep 14, 2014
1Obj.
2Murtala Mohammed
3 Buhari
4 Gowon

Low level stuffs
The worst is the fella there now. Buhari could easily have been number 1 but he spent a short period there. Obasanjo ruined it because of his politics in his second term.Murtala/gowon built most of the highways in Nigeria. Obasanjo /buhari built most of the refineries. Obasanjo brought Nigeria's telecommunications/banking industry into the 21st century.Buhari and Abacha gave the finger to those Breton wood organisation(IMF /world bank) . Obasanjo gave them the finger as well ,in his second term,by kicking out iweala who cannot supervise/vet an ordinary budget.

High level stuffs
You are talking about
Debts and debt management
Deficits
Budgeting and budget management
Foreign policy
Security etc
Those high level stuffs make the low level stuffs possible.
In fact, they are the most important.
I will cut you some slack if you do well with the high level stuffs and fail at the low level stuffs.
At least , the next person will have a strong base to build from
For example, Abacha ran a tight economic/fiscal policy but he destroyed it with his rampant looting and his despotism .
At least , he maintained those high level stuffs at the level they were when he got there.
Goodluck is a failure at all levels .
He is so bad that the Washington post treat him like a kid to be corrected every week.
No dispute.

1 Like

Re: by smithsammy(m): 9:20pm On Sep 14, 2014
OBJ so far
Re: by deji68: 9:23pm On Sep 14, 2014
1 GEJ

2 OBJ

3 Gowon

4 IBB

1 Like

Re: by HonourablePomk: 9:25pm On Sep 14, 2014
Murtala Muhamed and the man who would have been the best CHIEF OBAFEMI AWOLOWO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: by motherlode: 9:28pm On Sep 14, 2014
oduastates: 1Obj.
2Murtala Mohammed
3 Buhari
4 Gowon

The worst is the fella there now.
No dispute.
I bet he really is. Shikena! grin grin grin
Re: by motherlode: 9:29pm On Sep 14, 2014
HonourablePomk: Murtala Muhamed and the man who would have been the best CHIEF OBAFEMI AWOLOWO
But why muritala and not buhari?.
Re: by motherlode: 9:32pm On Sep 14, 2014
deji68: 1 GEJ

2 OBJ

3 Gowon

4 IBB
OMG. You Jez mentioned IBB the man who made our naira bow and increased inflation during his reign.
I hate IMF becuz dey give bad advise to countries that would compete with them!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: by oduastates: 9:36pm On Sep 14, 2014
motherlode:
Buhari was president 6 months or so.
However , in those 6 month, you never knew that nigerian can be so law-abiding

1 Like

Re: by HonourablePomk: 9:39pm On Sep 14, 2014
motherlode:

I was not born the but i read it on Government textbooks...Gen.Buhari did the War Against Indiscipline(WAI) and that was an opportunity to embezzle

1 Like

Re: by deji68: 9:42pm On Sep 14, 2014
He built many notable institutions,eg NDE, Mamser, Rural develpment e.t.c i think what he did then was inevitable(Devaluation). His only shortcoming is the annulment of June 12 election.
motherlode:
OMG. You Jez mentioned IBB the man who made our naira bow and increased inflation during his reign.
I hate IMF becuz dey give bad advise to countries that would compete with them!
Re: by motherlode: 9:47pm On Sep 14, 2014
deji68: He built many notable institutions,eg NDE, Mamser, Rural develpment e.t.c i think what he did then was inevitable(Devaluation). His only shortcoming is the annulment of June 12 election.
But do you know that even when the same advise was given to buhari he rejected it and still made positive impacts?.
Re: by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 14, 2014
Whoever has or beat this record is/was the Best.
barcanista: GENERAL MUHAMMADU BUHARI
[img]http://3.bp..com/-Mi992cR6Fzg/Ua3cJwU0WrI/AAAAAAAAidw/FyPl-xKu7Yg/s400/buhari.jpg[/img]
ECONOMY
Inherited a dwindling economy,
1. Paid of $50m loan within few days of assumption and cleared the country's debt
2. Reduced Inflation from 23% to 3.21% within 20months.
3. Nigeria's GDP by Purchasing Power Parity was $941.2, it Grew by 8.56 %
3. Refused to devalue the Naira
4. curbing imports of needless goods, curtailing oil theft and using counter trade policy to barter seized illegally bunkered crude oil for needful goods like machineries, enabling it to export above its OPEC quota.
5. Under Buhari, Hoarded Goods were Sold at prices below market.

CORRUPTION:
1. Senator Sabo Bakin Zuwo, The Civilian Governor of Kano State was jailed for 300Years because $4.5 million was said to be found "stacked up" in Zuwo's home when it was searched by the new military government. He died in 1989
2. Vice President Alex Ekwueme was jailed of corruption. Stockpiles of money ranged from $56,000 found at his home
3. Fmr Bendel Governor Ambrose Alli was jailed for 100years for misappropriating funds belonging to Bendel State to the tune of N983,000. The Money was meant for road project but he donated it to his Party. He was later freed when Sir Gabriel Igbenedion paid fine to the Government.
4. A total of 4000 exGovernment officials submitted themselves to be tried for Corruption.Over 600 were Jailed Convicted and Jailed.
5. Many High profile Government officials, Businessmen, foreigners were jailed for one corrupt practice or the other.
6. Political office Holders, Businessmen, Contractors, civil servants and many others shunned corruption like a Plague

INSURGENCY
1. Maitatsine Group founded by Maitatsine Marwa, a Koranic scholar, rejected the hadith and the sunnah and regarded the reading of any other book but the Koran as paganism raised its head in 1979 during the Administration of President Shehu Shagari after he was contained by the Murtala and Obasanjo Administrations. Maitatsine spoke against the use of radios, watches, bicycles, cars and the possession of more money than necessary. Churches, Market, Police Formations, Government buildings etc was attacked leaving over FIVE thousand dead btw 1979 and 1981 (including Maitatsine).The Group moved to Kano, Borno, Kaduna, Gombe and environs. Over 4,000 people died(65% were insurgents). Buhari Crushed the Insurgency COMPLETELY within 16months. The 2i/c fled to Cameroon and was arrested in 2004.

OTHER SECURITY
1. There was high rate of armed robbery during Shagari's regime. Buhari stepped it, brought an end to armed robbery.
2. Introduced NURTW to checkmate "One Chance" and subsequently brought law and order.
3. Drug traffikers were executed.

PETROLEUM INFRASTRUCTURE
1. As NNPC Chairman, He was the man that Initiated and signed the construction contract of the existing Warri and Kaduna refineries. Two of the ONLY 3 Refineries In Nigeria. As at that time, Nigeria had just 1 Refinery-Portharcourt Refinery, established in 1965.

THE PRESS
He Instituted decree 2 and Decree 4 that was aimed at gaging the Press and Banned street protests. This is his only low but he was honest in his actions.

N/B: I deliberately refused to including Road Projects and others so as not to make it too bulky and boring.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: by motherlode: 9:54pm On Sep 14, 2014
HonourablePomk:

I was not born the but i read it on Government textbooks...Gen.Buhari did the War Against Indiscipline(WAI) and that was an opportunity to embezzle
It is a lie, cuz I bet WAI was not used as an avenue for embezzlement. If even he embezzled money but why can't EFCC investigate him if he is not corruption and fraud free?.
BUHARI is the man among Nigerian leaders who worked against corruption and fraud; even BBC can testify!
Re: by motherlode: 9:55pm On Sep 14, 2014
barcanista: Whoever has or beat this record is/was the Best.
You got this information right, I LOVE YOU AS A FRIEND.
Re: by HonourablePomk: 9:56pm On Sep 14, 2014
motherlode:
It is a lie, cuz I bet WAI was not used as an avenue for embezzlement. If even he embezzled money but why can't EFCC investigate him if he is not corruption and fraud free?.
BUHARI is the man among Nigerian leaders who worked against corruption and fraud; even BBC can testify!

No argument i agree
Re: by deji68: 9:58pm On Sep 14, 2014
I can remember any positive impact Buhari made apart from WAI...If i look back, i think flogging people to get on the queue is very barbaric..because nowadays i see people queuing up for services without been flogged....Electicity was not stable, no pipe borne water...Polarisation with OIC...Human right abuses..really cant remember any good thing under Buhari
motherlode:
But do you that even when the same advise was given to buhari he rejected it and still made positive impacts?.

2 Likes

Re: by Collynzo17: 10:01pm On Sep 14, 2014
OBJ ruled Nigeria for a total of 12 years the highest any individual has ruled Nigeria, and achieved little or nothing yet some think he is our best President?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: by motherlode: 10:04pm On Sep 14, 2014
oduastates: 1Obj.
2Murtala Mohammed
3 Buhari
4 Gowon

Low level stuffs
The worst is the fella there now. Buhari could easily have been number 1 but he spent a short period there. Obasanjo ruined it because of his politics in his second term.Murtala/gowon built most of the highways in Nigeria. Obasanjo /buhari built most of the refineries. Obasanjo brought Nigeria's telecommunications/banking industry into the 21st century.Buhari and Abacha gave the finger to those Breton wood organisation(IMF /world bank) . Obasanjo gave them the finger as well ,in his second term,by kicking out iweala who cannot supervise/vet an ordinary budget.

High level stuffs
You are talking about
Debts and debt management
Deficits
Budgeting and budget management
Foreign policy
Security etc
Those high level stuffs make the low level stuffs possible.
In fact, they are the most important.
I will cut you some slack if you do well with the high level stuffs and fail at the low level stuffs.
At least , the next person will have a strong base to build from
For example, Abacha ran a tight economic/fiscal policy but he destroyed it with his rampant looting and his despotism .
At least , he maintained those high level stuffs at the level they were when he got there.
Goodluck is a failure at all levels .
He is so bad that the Washington post treat him like a kid to be corrected every week.
No dispute.
Yeah, no dispute.
Re: by motherlode: 10:05pm On Sep 14, 2014
Collynzo17: OBJ ruled Nigeria for a total of 12 years the highest any individual has ruled Nigeria, and achieved little or nothing yet some think he is our best President?
Pls read the topic and make yours?.
Re: by motherlode: 10:07pm On Sep 14, 2014
deji68: I can remember any positive impact Buhari made apart from WAI...If i look back, i think flogging people to get on the queue is very barbaric..because nowadays i see people queuing up for services without been flogged....Electicity was not stable, no pipe borne water...Polarisation with OIC...Human right abuses..really cant remember any good thing under Buhari
Please tell me why your teachers flogged you while in school if you don't dress properly or you don't go for assembly.
And for the rest, he didn't have enough time pls tell me if you can build the world trade centre after its destruction in 6 months?. Huhn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: by Collynzo17: 10:09pm On Sep 14, 2014
deji68: I can remember any positive impact Buhari made apart from WAI...If i look back, i think flogging people to get on the queue is very barbaric..because nowadays i see people queuing up for serrvices without been flogged....Electicity was not stable, no pipe borne water...Polarisation with OIC...Human right abuses..really cant remember any good thing under Buhari
Buhari overthrew one of Nigeria's best civilian government ever (especially at state level) only to give up power in the most cowardly of manners to the despot Babangida who destroyed Nigeria for several years before handing over to the tyrant Abacho who continued the destruction from where he stopped. The promising government Buhari disposed had governors like Mbakwe of Imo/Abia (best till date), Nwobodo of Anambra and Jakand of Lagos.
The foolish coward called Buhari couldn't even fight for the power he stole, he was overthrown without a single gun shot. If he so much believed he had something to offer that he overthrew a promising civilian government, he should have at least fought for what he believed in.
Re: by webincomeplus(m): 10:09pm On Sep 14, 2014
HonourablePomk:

You saw the bolded in your textbooks, too? What's the name of the textbook?
Re: by Mogidi: 10:10pm On Sep 14, 2014
The best president is still ruling Nigeria and his name is Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. He's raised the bar on good governance, feel the fresh air jare.

5 Likes

Re: by motherlode: 10:12pm On Sep 14, 2014
webincomeplus:

You saw the bolded in your textbooks, too? What's the name of the textbook?
grin
Re: by motherlode: 10:14pm On Sep 14, 2014
Mogidi: The best president is still ruling Nigeria and his name is Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.
When I saw your post, I knew you are probably not from planet earth but you're from Kepler-186f
Re: by deji68: 10:17pm On Sep 14, 2014
U want us to keep it civil ..let keep it civil...we are talking about governance here, what has flogging in school to do with this...the millitary rule by decree, flogging of innocent civilillian or looting their warehouse because of price control is barbaric and that was rampant under Buhari....and it not even in their decree..
motherlode:
Please tell me why your teachers flogged you while in school if you don't dress properly or you don't go for assembly.

1 Like

Re: by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 14, 2014
Re: by motherlode: 10:25pm On Sep 14, 2014
deji68: U want us to keep it civil ..let keep it civil...we are talking about governance here, what has flogging in school to do with this...the millitary rule by decree, flogging of innocent civilillian or looting their warehouse because of price control is barbaric and that was rampant under Buhari....and it not even in their decree..
Do you really know how that price control policy helped Nigerians? Now tell me that the price of buying an accessory at ikeja is the same at other phone stores?. It can never be the bcuz people want to make excessive profits, and I knew that b4 a price could be fixed the board which is responsible for that would check balance. During Buhari's reign he progressed with the fact that he inherited a dwindling economy. PERIOD!
Re: by davo3286: 10:28pm On Sep 14, 2014
1. GEJ

2. OBJ

3. IBB

4. Abacha
Re: by davo3286: 10:28pm On Sep 14, 2014
1. GEJ

2. OBJ

3. IBB

4. Sani Abacha
Re: by deji68: 10:34pm On Sep 14, 2014
I dont think price control worked under Buhari..U cant fix the price, there are many factors involved demand and supply abi??....The rice looted from the warehouses were not poduced in Naija, They were imported...Buhari lack the intelligence to rule .....is anybody fixing the price of rice now?..We are producing them here that is why the price is stable...Under Gej we have very low inflation rate...no be force
motherlode:
Do you really know how that price control policy helped Nigerians? Now tell me that the price of buying an accessory at ikeja is the same at other phone stores?. It can never be the bcuz people want to make excessive profits, and I knew that b4 a price could be fixed the board which is responsible for that would check balance. During Buhari's reign he progressed with the fact that he inherited a dwindling economy. PERIOD!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Northern Youths Leader Forum Gives Jonathan Ultimatum, Threatens To Kill Him / The Hypocrisy Of APC Supporters! / Nigeria Faces Post-election Gloom: Treasury Emptied, Retrenchment Looms.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.