Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Is African Culture The Reason For Little Romance In Nigerian Marriages. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is African Culture The Reason For Little Romance In Nigerian Marriages. (471 Views)

EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution / Romance in the bus ..... Guys and their tactics / Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is African Culture The Reason For Little Romance In Nigerian Marriages. by gbenga4sure(m): 9:27pm On Sep 14, 2014
I get confused and ask myself most times that has african culture got something to do with romance in Marriage.
Meanwhile,culture is the way of life,most of our grand and greatgrandparents are not really romantic and it has been passed on to their children and great grand children and on and on.Since the last five years,i have made a research with few people around me and i discovered than only 32% of them are romantic in marriage/after marriage.Just yesterday someone(26yrs) told me that for the past 21yrs,he hasnt seen his dad hugged his mum talkless of a little kiss on the chin.Fellow nairalanders,ask yourself same question.When last did you see your dad,uncle,brother hugged,kiss(or do anything romantic.)with his wife.ARE WE AFRICANS NOT REALLY ROMANTIC,OR IT IS OUR CULTURE MAKING US NOT.
Pls share your view.
Re: Is African Culture The Reason For Little Romance In Nigerian Marriages. by beckyomas(f): 9:32pm On Sep 14, 2014
IMO, a good number of them didnt marry for love, probably out of obligation, age factor, probably unwanted pregnancy etc.
When you marry for all the right reasons, then i dont see why those would be lacking.
I might be wrong though.
Re: Is African Culture The Reason For Little Romance In Nigerian Marriages. by Adeoba10(m): 9:35pm On Sep 14, 2014
If u see Africa couple sitting outside n looking at d moon together, is eida phcn jux took d light or dey are waiting for d pesticide to finish smelling...
Re: Is African Culture The Reason For Little Romance In Nigerian Marriages. by stanogb(m): 9:37pm On Sep 14, 2014
From my purview, Africans are mainly logical beings as we were taught by the whites. We think and act logically. Although poverty has a role to play. For instance, an african girl will not value a flower given to her by her lover because she can't eat it, sell it or use it for any meaningful thing. She prefers gifts in monetry form.

On the other hand, the whites are logical and emotional. That is why they don't joke with their citizens.
Re: Is African Culture The Reason For Little Romance In Nigerian Marriages. by Tallesty1(m): 9:41pm On Sep 14, 2014
stanogb: From my purview, Africans are mainly logical beings as we were taught by the whites. We think and act logically. Although poverty has a role to play. For instance, an african girl will not value a flower given to her by her lover because she can't eat it, sell it or use it for any meaningful thing. She prefers gifts in monetry form.

On the other hand, the whites are logical and emotional. That is why they don't joke with their citizens.
Re: Is African Culture The Reason For Little Romance In Nigerian Marriages. by Enegod(m): 10:40pm On Sep 14, 2014
who get time for romance!!! undecided

(1) (Reply)

She Wants Me To Go With This / Michelle Obama (mental Intimacy) / Nigerian Husbands Does Not Say I Love You To Their Wife Why This Is So

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.