Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,549 members, 7,958,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:44 PM

Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? (1083 Views)

Ways To Know Your Boyfriend Has No Future Ambition / On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition / Why Are Do All Naija Babes Have Stretch Marks On Their Behinds? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 14, 2014
Am not hia to fight with women liberation ppl oh, am just stating an observation based on my experience and dat of many of my friends.

Why is it dat most of our naija babes lack unique dreams, vision or ambition, especially d pretty ones? And if day manage to get any ambition at all, its to get a job and den get married, and day always emphasise on d 'get married' part. Dats not an ambition to me, dats just one of life's chores.

Dont get me wrong oh! I didnt say all naija babes oh! But a huge number of our ladies dont seem to not have any significant or unique dream. Even d 'get a job and get married' dream day usually hav is not enof specific or detailed.

Its so discouraging to see a beautiful girl without a vision for her life. As any girl above 20 where she sees herself in 10yrs time, 90% will tell u 'graduate from school, get a job, and den get married.' Like I sed, dis is not a dream, its just life's progression dats all.

Why is dis so? Is it our soceity dat is responsible for dis? Or is it dat 'gender equality' does not involve having unique dreams?

I hav also observed dat most ladies are yet to discover themselves. Is it dat day nid a man to help dem discover demselves and also help dem develop a unique dream?

Why do our lovely ladies reason dis way? How come more ladies in d developed world seem to hav more specific and unique dreams dan our naija ladies? Why is getting married such a big dream to our naija ladies?

I wd really appreciate some answers...no offense ladiescheesy
Re: Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? by Danhumprey: 11:38pm On Sep 14, 2014
If the same girls get a job,una go complain say they are arrogant. Them no get a job,una go complain say them be gold-digger. Them dey plan/fantasize of marriage,una dey complain. Them no think of marriage,una go complain,claiming they are lesbos or feminists. They've got dreams they are pursueing,yet some men still complain,claiming that such girls/ladies are arrogant and not wife material.

Seriously,what do you people want?undecided

Leave women alone!angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 14, 2014
Girls are avoiding this thread like it's infested so I'm gonna be their lawyer.

You know what the problem is? Black Man Ideology.

Culture and religion gives them this perspective that Marriage is the greatest gift in life thus they never get to think outside the wedding ring and diapers.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Sep 14, 2014
Dude. You've been hanging out with the wrong set of women. I know so many beautiful ambitious Nigerian ladies. Really classy ones that don't need sh!te from you. I'm really struggling to comprehend your outburst, seriously.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 15, 2014
Danhumprey: If the same girls get a job,una go complain say they are arrogant. Them no get a job,una go complain say them be gold-digger. Them dey plan/fantasize of marriage,una dey complain. Them no think of marriage,una go complain,claiming they are lesbos or feminists. They've got dreams they are pursueing,yet some men still complain,claiming that such girls/ladies are arrogant and not wife material.

Seriously,what do you people want?undecided

Leave women alone!angry

Madam, I earlier sed I dont want to fight. I was just asking a question dat requires an answers not cynicism or tantrums.
Re: Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 15, 2014
CoolHunk: Dude. You've been hanging out with the wrong set of women. I know so many beautiful ambitious Nigerian ladies. Really classy ones that don't need sh!te from you. I'm really struggling to comprehend your outburst, seriously.

bro, I've met some cute ambitious ladies, but my observation is dat d ones with no ambition seem to be more dan the one with ambition.
Re: Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 15, 2014
TrollMan: Girls are avoiding this thread like it's infested so I'm gonna be there lawyer.

You know what the problem is? Black Man Ideology.

Culture and religion gives them this perspective that Marriage is the greatest gift in life thus they never get to think outside the wedding ring and diapers.

I think culture is a part of d problem. But I doubt if religion is also a contributor to d wahala.
Re: Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? by MrCork: 10:37am On Sep 15, 2014
obongproff: Am not hia to fight with women liberation ppl oh, am just stating an observation based on my experience and dat of many of my friends.

Why is it dat most of our naija babes lack unique dreams, vision or ambition, especially d pretty ones? And if day manage to get any ambition at all, its to get a job and den get married, and day always emphasise on d 'get married' part. Dats not an ambition to me, dats just one of life's chores.

Dont get me wrong oh! I didnt say all naija babes oh! But a huge number of our ladies dont seem to not have any significant or unique dream. Even d 'get a job and get married' dream day usually hav is not enof specific or detailed.

Its so discouraging to see a beautiful girl without a vision for her life. As any girl above 20 where she sees herself in 10yrs time, 90% will tell u 'graduate from school, get a job, and den get married.' Like I sed, dis is not a dream, its just life's progression dats all.

Why is dis so? Is it our soceity dat is responsible for dis? Or is it dat 'gender equality' does not involve having unique dreams?

I hav also observed dat most ladies are yet to discover themselves. Is it dat day nid a man to help dem discover demselves and also help dem develop a unique dream?

Why do our lovely ladies reason dis way? How come more ladies in d developed world seem to hav more specific and unique dreams dan our naija ladies? Why is getting married such a big dream to our naija ladies?

...see yor head like Somali made touchligt......so u hav a dream but then,in yor picture profile, u wear sunshade at night?...abi?....bro,u don't like women then marry a man...(no offense) angry

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 15, 2014
MrCork:

...see yor head like Somali made touchligt......so u hav a dream but then,in yor picture profile, u wear sunshade at night?...abi?....bro,u don't like women then marry a man...(no offense) angry

Mr. Cork, wots up with u as usual? Abi u don take shepe dis early momo?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? by 100Cents: 10:51am On Sep 15, 2014
When they are busy begging for N200 recharge cards. The average Nigerian good girl is a beggar.
Re: Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 15, 2014
100Cents: When they are busy begging for N200 recharge cards. The average Nigerian good girl is a beggar.

Bros, day will hav ur head oh! U day find dia trouble abi? Ur on ur own oh.
Re: Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? by marieolae(f): 12:23pm On Sep 15, 2014
This is a really strange post
Re: Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 15, 2014
Please give us your definition of dreams/ambition?
It would go along way, in helping us answer you.
Then since it's the observation of you and your friends, it might be necessary for you guys to change the female folks you hang around.
Today you guys will say we should marry,the next day you will say it's life chore...

Is it only girls that give this reply?
Guys give same reply too...so

I am veryyy interested in your definition of dreams and ambition...your dream and ambition?
Re: Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? by stelinton(f): 1:34pm On Sep 15, 2014
obongproff:

Madam, I earlier sed I dont want to fight. I was just asking a question dat requires an answers not cynicism or tantrums.

Did u see a boxing gloves on fist?
Re: Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 15, 2014
Kachisbarbie: Please give us your definition of dreams/ambition?
Then since it's the observation of you and your friends, it might be necessary for you guys to change the female folks you hang around.
Today you guys will say we should marry,the next day you will say it's life chore...

I am veryyy interested in your definition of dreams and ambition...your dream and ambition?
Re: Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? by GreenBobo: 3:04pm On Sep 15, 2014
Am very sure that you've met most Nigerian girls!
Re: Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
GreenBobo: Am very sure that you've met most Nigerian girls!

Ur rite! I havnt met most naija babes. In fact, I will edit d topic from most to some. Tanx.
Re: Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? by rioemmanuel(m): 3:43pm On Sep 15, 2014
marieolae: This is a really strange post
Oya if e sure for you,write an essay about your future ambition in not less than 200 words.
Re: Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 15, 2014

My definition: A dream is sth u want to do or become dat ADDS VALUE TO SOCEITY or SOLVES A PROBLEM.

Examples: 1. I like defending women from being oppressed and maltreated, so I wd like to be a lawyer.

2. I like taking care of kids, so I want to own a creche/kindagerten,

3. I like working with chemicals, so I wd like to be a lab technician or work in pharmaceatical company.

4. I like beauty, so I want to own a beauty shop.

5. I love machines, so I want to be a mechanical engineer.

Its a combination of wot u love and how it benefits humanity.

Going by my definition and example, I estimate dat at least 50% of naija babes dont hav a dream. Wot is a dream to dem is: 1. Go to school, 2. Get a job, 3. Get married. Dat sounds like a life-chore to me. Getting a job to me is not a dream becos its all abt monthly salary, except its ur dream job which is designed to bring out d best in u.

If u ask an average chic wot she wd do with a random N200k, wot she will list out will tell u if she is in pursuit of a dream or not. If u ask her abt her failure-history, u wd most likely realize dat apart from her academic performance, she has failed more at relationships with guys(heart-breaks and all) dan at oda aspects of her life. A lady dat is pursuing her dreams shd make mistakes in oda aspects of her life oda dan school and/or relationships.

To me, wot a chic does with money and her failure history is a reflection of her values in life.

Yes! We usually meet d wrong set of chics becos we are like most men. We attracted to beautiful ladies cos we are moved by wot we see! But unfortunately we realize dat some of dis pretty, and creamy chics do not hav d ability to hold an intelligent discussion, some of dis pretty chics do not hav a picture of how day want dia life to be by 2024 apart from d 'getting-married' part, some of dis pretty chics do not hav a dream.

Yes ur rite. We hav to change d kind of chics we hang out with. Dat means, keep searching until u find ur kind. cheesy

So, did I ansa thy question or has thou any more questions in thy angry and curious mind?
Re: Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 15, 2014

Re: Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 15, 2014
obongproff:

My definition: A dream is sth u want to do or become dat ADDS VALUE TO SOCEITY or SOLVES A PROBLEM.

Examples: 1. I like defending women from being oppressed and maltreated, so I wd like to be a lawyer.

2. I like taking care of kids, so I want to own a creche/kindagerten,

3. I like working with chemicals, so I wd like to be a lab technician or work in pharmaceatical company.

4. I like beauty, so I want to own a beauty shop.

5. I love machines, so I want to be a mechanical engineer.

Its a combination of wot u love and how it benefits humanity.

Going by my definition and example, I estimate dat at least 50% of naija babes dont hav a dream. Wot is a dream to dem is: 1. Go to school, 2. Get a job, 3. Get married. Dat sounds like a life-chore to me. Getting a job to me is not a dream becos its all abt monthly salary, except its ur dream job which is designed to bring out d best in u.

If u ask an average chic wot she wd do with a random N200k, wot she will list out will tell u if she is in pursuit of a dream or not. If u ask her abt her failure-history, u wd most likely realize dat apart from her academic performance, she has failed more at relationships with guys(heart-breaks and all) dan at oda aspects of her life. A lady dat is pursuing her dreams shd make mistakes in oda aspects of her life oda dan school and/or relationships.

To me, wot a chic does with money and her failure history is a reflection of her values in life.

Yes! We usually meet d wrong set of chics becos we are like most men. We attracted to beautiful ladies cos we are moved by wot we see! But unfortunately we realize dat some of dis pretty, and creamy chics do not hav d ability to hold an intelligent discussion, some of dis pretty chics do not hav a picture of how day want dia life to be by 2024 apart from d 'getting-married' part, some of dis pretty chics do not hav a dream.

Yes ur rite. We hav to change d kind of chics we hang out with. Dat means, keep searching until u find ur kind. cheesy

So, did I ansa thy question or has thou any more questions in thy angry and curious mind?
You really need to change the chicks you hang around, going by your definition. So majority of the females around you don't wanna own a venture that portrays their interest?? That is very serious.

Personally I love fashion, but I don't wanna own a fashion store, I wanna own a fashion line...
Re: Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 15, 2014
obongproff: Am not hia to fight with women liberation ppl oh, am just stating an observation based on my experience and dat of many of my friends.

Hahahaha. Keep hopping around with them like a grasshopper and expect all your dreams to come through. cheesy grin
Re: Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? by TYlicious(f): 4:29pm On Sep 15, 2014
Having a specific dream and vision applies to both male n female and it's sad that a lot of people do not know what theirs is.
There's more to life than getting a degree,getting married .....It all boils down 2 doing a soul search:set a target and strive 2 achieve them,proffer solution to common problem in d society,impact a life, change your world,become d best and a force 2 reckon with in ur chosen field. Ultimately,it has to be in line with wat your were created for:ur calling.
Re: Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 15, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
You really need to change the chicks you hang around, going by your definition. So majority of the females around you don't wanna own a venture that portrays their interest?? That is very serious.

Personally I love fashion, but I don't wanna own a fashion store, I wanna own a fashion line...

Sis, I neva sed I hang around dis chics. Dis are chics I've met along d way while chatting up with cute ladies u meet. Personally, I cant date a chic dat is not pursuing anytin. We just cant relate in a lot of ways. I just nid like 15mins with a chic to get a clue on where she is coming from or where she is headed.

Good for you, dat ur one of d few girls dat hav unique dreams. Dats very cute. Keep it up! But actually, I wasnt rily talking abt owning a venture or business cos every1 cant be an entrepreneur. If a chic wants to be among the best mathematics teachers in her time becos she loves maths and wd like to help students find maths to be an easy subject, den dats an admirable dream. Its abt passion and value.

Anyway, am still waiting for answers to my initial post.
Re: Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
TYlicious: Having a specific dream and vision applies to both male n female and it's sad that a lot of people do not know what theirs is.
There's more to life than getting a degree,getting married .....It all boils down 2 doing a soul search:set a target and strive 2 achieve them,proffer solution to common problem in d society,impact a life, change your world,become d best and a force 2 reckon with in ur chosen field. Ultimately,it has to be in line with wat your were created for:ur calling.

I totally agree with u. At least u undastand to some extent wia am coming from. And am very surprised dis is coming from a lady - dat tells me a lot abt ur kind of 'lady'...guess ur one of d upgraded species we hav today.

Kudos to u.cheesy
Re: Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? by GreenBobo: 8:21pm On Sep 15, 2014
obongproff:

Ur rite! I havnt met most naija babes. In fact, I will edit d topic from most to some. Tanx.

I believe you've been told a zillion times not to exaggerate
Re: Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? by GreenBobo: 8:32pm On Sep 15, 2014
obongproff:

I believe you've been told a zillion times not to exaggerate
Re: Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? by CashdownNG: 8:39pm On Sep 15, 2014
op, Na the way with most black females Jo.... just a sad fact. I mean I was just with a babe now and asked her what she wanted to achieve in a couple of years and she basically said marriage and a job at Chevron ..

Chai... Nigeria, where we dey go?
Re: Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 15, 2014
CashdownNG: op, Na the way with most black females Jo.... just a sad fact. I mean I was just with a babe now and asked her what she wanted to achieve in a couple of years and she basically said marriage and a job at Chevron ..

Chai... Nigeria, where we dey go?

Dats exactly my point bro. And if u ask her wot she thinks she has dat chevron needs wot do u think she wd say? wink Am not mocking dem sha, am just curious to know why day reason dis way.
Re: Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? by TYlicious(f): 7:14am On Sep 16, 2014
obongproff:

I totally agree with u. At least u undastand to some extent wia am coming from. And am very surprised dis is coming from a lady - dat tells me a lot abt ur kind of 'lady'...guess ur one of d upgraded species we hav today.

Kudos to u.cheesy

U bet!
Re: Why Do Most Naija Babes Lack Unique/specific Dreams/vision/ambition? by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 16, 2014
rioemmanuel:
Oya if e sure for you,write an essay about your future ambition in not less than 200 words.

Bros u wicked oh! U want wound person abi?

(1) (Reply)

Ladies, 3 Things To Remember While Waiting For Mr. Right / 6 Sexual Hygiene Habits You MUST Follow / Dating When Marriage Is Not The Goal... Right Or Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.