Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,964 members, 7,821,383 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP (4926 Views)

Jonathan Meets Igbo Leaders & Elders In Lagos (photos) / Igbo Miss Lagos Deputy Governor Slot / CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by aljharem(m): 9:01pm On Sep 15, 2014
goodslayer:
you are a phool and a lunatic are these not your blossom friend some couple of weeks ago, when you declare your support for them. iru eyin kinkan radarada yin ni a ma fi ru ebo gbeyingbeyin.

Hahaha you APC folks are insane and tribalistic. Yes I love Igbos but it does not mean I want Igbos to rule/serve my state of origin.

Although I prefer Igbos to APC Tinubu corrupt goats.

Now GND wink

2 Likes

Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by goodslayer: 9:07pm On Sep 15, 2014
aljharem:

Hahaha you APC folks are insane and tribalistic. Yes I love Igbos but it does not mean I want Igbos to rule/serve my state of origin.

Now GND wink

bwahhhaaa ain't you the same idi0t that have claim virtually all the tribes in Nigeria. you make me laugh photosynthetic epileptic nincompoop. ain't you the same igbe idi aja that said fashola was from ekiti. go and get a hold of your ravaging madness before you talk to normal humans ashiere gigabyte ni awon irandiran re.

7 Likes

Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by aljharem(m): 9:13pm On Sep 15, 2014
goodslayer:

bwahhhaaa ain't you the same idi0t fbag have claim virtually all the tribes in Nigeria. you make me laugh photosynthetic epileptic nincompoop. ain't you the same igbe idi aja that said fashola was from ekiti. go and get a hold of your ravaging madness before you talk to normal humans ashiere gigabyte ni awon irandiran re.

Emi Igbe idi aja ? Hahaha grin grin grin smh never heard that before

No Lagosian bears "Fa" anything. In Lagos their is no Fa.

I think you are mad, were ni e, O je ko lo si yaba apa osi ko lo ye owo. grin grin grin

Yes otoo ni omo eko ponbele ni mi. Now GND aka Go and Die

I refuse to to be pulled into APC propaganda and expose the corruption under APC
Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by BOAR: 9:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
If these Ibos are serious, they should work on the back of the Ibo party APGA by fielding a Yoruba man as the candidate and using an Ibo as deputy.

They can easily control that scenario.

They don't have to wait for APC or PDP that will not give them such chance.

3 Likes

Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by goodslayer: 9:35pm On Sep 15, 2014
aljharem:

I think you are mad, were ni e, O je ko lo si yaba apa osi ko lo ye owo. grin grin grin

I refuse to to be pulled into APC propaganda and expose the corruption under APC

ani oloriburuku sansan ni e Iwo werey yi. werey e ti ko ja nkan ti yaba le wo werey e ti rin wowo loja otun ti bu igi je. oloriburuku Alfa raji fashola to gba eshibayi eleko si ile na wa lati ekiti abi. ani ori re tin yin Iwo kinikan radarada bi omisanwo aloku yi. ki ara sanpa gbogbo idile re.

6 Likes

Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by Heycube(m): 10:07pm On Sep 15, 2014
aljharem:

Now GND wink

1. Don't derail or tribalize threads.
2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to any Nairaland member.
3. Don't advocate or encourage violent actions against any person, tribe, race, animals, or group of people.

Bros u harsh ooO
Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by aljharem(m): 10:12pm On Sep 15, 2014
Heycube:

1. Don't derail or tribalize threads.
2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to any Nairaland member.
3. Don't advocate or encourage violent actions against any person, tribe, race, animals, or group of people.

Bros u harsh ooO

Na only me commit crime like that ? shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by tomakint: 10:21pm On Sep 15, 2014
aljharem:

aljharem, i never knew you are this funny.....go easy on the bloody orphan grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by goodslayer: 10:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
tomakint:
aljharem, i never knew you are this funny.....go easy on the bloody orphan grin grin grin

amadioha wipe away the akintola family tree of idanre land.

4 Likes

Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by adebisiema(m): 10:25pm On Sep 15, 2014
Who are these igbos am seeing on my land, my greatgrandfather's land....lolz....Se baba won ra ile si Eko ni? Eyin omo e le won jina jhoor

2 Likes

Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by aljharem(m): 10:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
adebisiema: Who are these igbos am seeing on my land, my greatgrandfather's land....lolz....Se baba won ra ile si Eko ni? Eyin omo e le won jina jhoor

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by Heycube(m): 10:44pm On Sep 15, 2014
aljharem:

cheesy
Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 15, 2014
ibedun:

Omo-Igbo

You want to challenge us in our own homes and Land?
Co existence in our land? You have been too comfortable for too long.

You will lose everything! A few Igbo mansions in Lagos is deceiving you when more than 96% of your population are tenants and depend on Yoruba customers. OK o! we dey watch.

See this one.
Igbos own more Lagos propertied than yoruba

2 Likes

Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by aljharem(m): 11:23pm On Sep 15, 2014
Evergreen123:

See this one.

LOL too much igbo is not good for you oh wink

2 Likes

Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by Daguccizgreat(m): 11:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
U speak wit so much hate and bitterness and sound so pained. Every body in Naija knows the most demonic tribe in Nigeria. So keep mute
Kanwulia:

You must be IGBO?
A lot of words from one who claims not to care!
Yet you want to be king in anoda man's land?
You guys are really filled with DEMONIC ASPIRATIONS AND TORMENTATIONS! grin

The BOKO HARAM of Southern Nigeria!
Anywhere you are, nothing but DISCORD and STRIFE!

May you never know peace, joy, happiness, good health, prosperity AND MUCH MORE!

Iseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! kiss
Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by arresa: 11:32pm On Sep 15, 2014
Evergreen123:

See this one.

You own more of everything, you have the largest population, but you are still begging for relevance and positions. This is why people just laugh at your endless comedy and silliness .

Funny how peolpe with no power or any form of political weight or structure issue orders and demands...

Only you people know the strange, unreaslistic and imaginary la la land you exist in.

7 Likes

Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by goodslayer: 11:50pm On Sep 15, 2014
Evergreen123:

See this one.

amadioha kill you... you epitomise worwority.... no wonder you are always bitter...

https://www.nairaland.com/1904075/stop-disrespecting-memory-general-adekunle/9#26335671

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by comrChris(m): 12:07am On Sep 16, 2014
Smh some F r already having hart attack over this simple and fair demand
At the mention of the word lgbo some peeps will be..... grin
Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by SUBWAY101(m): 12:09am On Sep 16, 2014
Evergreen123:

See this one.

Flat chested worwor, your pics is ahahahahahahaha grin grin
Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by heavenmade(m): 2:15am On Sep 16, 2014
Truly when a tenant stays too long in your house,his next target would be how to snatch it from you...I just hope that this people will not begin to drive us out of lagos soon

4 Likes

Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by coolscott(m): 2:15am On Sep 16, 2014
yemaldo:

Why not in kano, u r taking us for a fool because we tolerate u people, something that can never happen in Igbo land SMH

PointB:

Who is stopping you from contesting election in Enugu, PortHarcourt, or Anambra? Who?

The Igbo Nation

The current concept of an igbo nation is not refined at all because consciously or subconsciously, Igbos sadly find historical identity only in Biafra. This is because before the war, there is totally nothing they did together as a people. And this in turn is because before the colonialists, they were unable to make themselves into one political group.They therefore skew every position or narration concerning 1963 - 1970 for the sake of historical pride because besides it, they have nothing else they did historically together as a people.

The Igbo nation was not born before Biafra. Igbos did not know the geographical boudries of their ethnic group before colonialism.

Other ethnic groups are different because their ancient kingdoms existed before the white man. They formed themselves into formidable and full political bodies. They had their ancient conquests (and their ancient failings) so they do not need to glorify or skew events of the 60s to paint themselves as heroes or as people that should be sympathized with for being treated unfairly.

Please understand that there was political structure - on the clan or group of clans level only. That is why although there were sometimes clashes between Igbo clans and villges, there was never a time when all Igbos (from the Onitsha Igbos to the west, and the Etche Igbos to the south and all of the igbo ethic group) took up arms to fight any encroacher who tried to encroach into an Igbo vilage around the north (present day Enugu area).

That political structure just didn't exist. If villages in the northern area were fighting, Etche Igbos probably knew nothing about it. The Onitshas had a kingdom of their own, obviously influenced by the culture of politically organised kingdoms not far from them. This is just the reality of the historical political structure.

This total absence of a complete Igbo kingdom from time past to now is the source of this unspoken touchiness about their identity that Igbos feel and which they are usually not consciously aware of because a huge part of it is subconscious, or has been transferred from an older person to a younger person in the narration of ideas from the old to the young.

This touchiness shows up in behaviour others get puzzled by. Things like venturing to culturally lay claim to towns/cities in other well know and established ancient kingdoms of other ethnic groups, the persecution complex persona, and even not being aware of the ridiculous spectacle they make of themselves when they do these things are all outward manifestations of this inner touchiness.

If Igbos can form themselves into one well structured, traditional political body, there will be a different kind of soundness from a deep level, the depths of which perhaps cannot be surpassed.

Complete political wholeness and congruence from a deep traditional level is the only way to the modern day soundness that other ethnic groups currently enjoy.

This will take completely restructuring the whole traditional governing system across the board, so that traditional authority flows from one stool to all the other stools in the Igbo nation, with in-built checks and balances. This will amount to creating/starting a traditional monarchy within and for all of the Igbo nation in this mordern day and time.

When I was younger, in my naiive enthusiasm, I thought this was possible.Now I am older I sometimes indulge myself to a little fantasy and imagine it is.

1 Like

Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by coolscott(m): 2:36am On Sep 16, 2014
By the way, I'm from the south-south
Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by ideycraze: 3:04am On Sep 16, 2014
PointB:

Who is stopping you from contesting election in Enugu, PortHarcourt, or Anambra? Who?
Rather than threaten a political party,why not test your political might in Lagos by presenting a candidate Goethe governorship race on APGA's platform?

4 Likes

Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by MayorofLagos(m): 3:08am On Sep 16, 2014
If all the Ibos in Lagos were to vote for PDP, APC would still emerge the winner of the election. This is because Yorubas population in Lagos more than quadruple Ibo population.

If Ibos truly want to prove that they are political bloc to be taken serious, APGA, the Ibo party, must field a Ibo governorship candidate for Lagos and then instruct all Ibo to vote APGA. This is a sure way to become governor in Lagos if it is true that Ibo control the economy and population of Lagos. Im sure everyone know that APGA would be 4th in position behind LP.

This is Yorubaland and we can prove it at the next election with this simple alignment.

Ibo is afraid that everyone will discover their irrelevance in Lagos, otherwise the APGA is their best route to executive position in Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by rman: 3:28am On Sep 16, 2014
Nonybb: Igbo this Igbo that. I think we Igbos are so self-centered atimes. He didnt talk about the lives of Nigerians in generality but only the Igbos. Do we Igbos think we can live only ourselves in this Nigeria if all hausas and yoruba are dead. This is getting too much biko

Are you sure you are Igbo? I find it strange there is one like you on this forum. They all post and share the same self centred sentiments.

You are indeed a breadth of fresh air.

2 Likes

Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by Nobody: 3:44am On Sep 16, 2014
anago900: with their population in awumo odofin LGA dem no still chop whipping.
Even as much as they are in amuwo odofin, the chairman is still Yoruba. Amuwo get village not too far from oluti which produces sons of the soil for leadership positions in that area. I would be surprised if they have Igbo councillor.

2 Likes

Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by Nobody: 3:56am On Sep 16, 2014
Anybody who eats in Yoruba land, works and stays in Yoruba land, enjoys everything in Yoruba land and still wishes Yoruba people sorrow or still hates Yoruba's and say alots of bad things concerning Yoruba's.

May almighty God, the God of David, God of Abraham, God of all gods, destroy them one by one, may their family never have peace, may death never cease in their family,in Jesus name. Because the bible "so pe igi gi ti koba so eeso rere gige ni ao ge da nu". So shall it be for every body who doesn't wish Yoruba people well.

Culled from proudly Yoruba forum on Facebook.

7 Likes

Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by Nobody: 5:47am On Sep 16, 2014
I - I
B- Before
O- Others
Greedy and selfish bunch of ultimatum issuer and chop-sand band

3 Likes

Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by BOAR: 5:49am On Sep 16, 2014
aljharem:

Truly you are far from being a Lagosian, not to talk of an indigene.

The present Oba of Ogudu in Ojota is Fashola, an Awori man.

Concentrate and speak only on what you know and dabble less on what is far above your station.

2 Likes

Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by Nobody: 5:54am On Sep 16, 2014
chinasaekperem: Tinubu will rig it and yoruba touts will snatch ballot boxes.
Coward, are you afraid? Then Igbos should gaurd their votes just like osun people guarded their votes.

2 Likes

Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by Nobody: 5:59am On Sep 16, 2014
Gbawe2: What are they giving conditions for? Do a people who claim to be 45% of the population of Lagos need to do that? Pathetic. Virtually all Igbos on this forum have touted the "Igbo is 45% of Lagos" inanity at one time or the other while insulting Yorubas as "lazy slaves" they have "relegated to the background". Why not then use such strength when it matters most i.e to gain political office? Or is it to just talk the talk while never able to walk the walk? Why tout around your vote as if it is a beautiful bride when you have the "numerical advantage" to carry the day and produce a Lagos Governor and deputy together with your "majority population"?

The Igbos tell us they have the numbers and we all know that politics is a game of numbers. As simple as that. It is not only to drag out the 45% figure when mansion-ownership is the topic of discussion. Nothing will prove this numerical strength more than an Igbo candidate vying for lofty office and enjoying 100% support as GEJ did from the SE. Doing that will produce an Igbo Governor or deputy 100%. The whole pleading, begging and handing out conditions/ultimatums is just shameful and indicative of the self-delusion of some folks. If the Igbos really have the numbers then no need for talk. Back your "Igbos are 45% of Lagos" claim with action. With that kind of numbers Igbos do not need to beg, plead, give conditions or continue to make noise. They should simply take the Governorship with their 45% majority voting bloc.
General, what happened to your default handle?

1 Like

Re: Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP by Nobody: 6:08am On Sep 16, 2014
comrChris: Smh some F r already having hart attack over this simple and fair demand
At the mention of the word lgbo some peeps will be..... grin
Igbos consoling themselves since the days of Adam and Eve.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking News!! Bola Ahmed Tinubu Dissociates Self From Wife's Vitriol. / Dear Lagos State Govt, Stop This Oro Nonsense In Ikorodu! / I Am Not A Member Of IPOB - Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.