Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,810 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Between Gowon And Adekunle,who Committed More Crimes Against The Biafrans? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Gowon And Adekunle,who Committed More Crimes Against The Biafrans? (2214 Views)

Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? / Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 / Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Gowon And Adekunle,who Committed More Crimes Against The Biafrans? by JulianBond007: 2:02pm On Sep 15, 2014
Benjamin Adekunle is now a dead man. Since his death was announced,there has been series of threads opened to abuse him and praise him in this section.
According to the Yorubas,he was a gallant soldier who fought for the unity of Nigeria. To the Igbos,he was a wicked and heartless man who shot every Igbo person on sight during the Biafra war which made him a coward.

Gowon on the other hand was the head of state during the Biafra war and his own crime superceeds that of Adekunle against the Igbos,IMHO. We all know what he did to make sure Biafra did not succeed and the blockage of food which led to the death of Biafran children.

Today,no Igbo man is calling for the head of Gowon. Do the Igbos have to wait for Gowon to die before he will be castigated just as we see in the case of Adekunle? Have the Igbos forgiven Gowon because he made sure Nigeria did not break up?

To me,I think Gowon committed more crimes against the biafrans more than Adekunle did.

No insults please! I need your immense and mature contributions.

-JB007
Re: Between Gowon And Adekunle,who Committed More Crimes Against The Biafrans? by makazona(m): 3:04pm On Sep 15, 2014
This is just another attempt to draw the igbo folks to argue.its makes you a tribalist.
To answer your qstn as a Nigerian and not as an Igbo or ijaw,what is bad is bad.there is no lesser evil cz evil is evil.

they murdered civilians not minding the rules of engagement , Rule 53 "The use of starvation of the civilian population as a method of warfare is prohibited" of the red cross and other international war agreement.

the world said nothing about the ethnic cleansing even when the Igbo diplomats were shouting to high heavens.some persons were tried in connection with disturbances/wars in Egypt,Rwanda,Sierra leone etc.How many were even seriously cautioned in Nigeria?

its not easy bro. Being an Igbo has been more like a curse since then

1 Like

Re: Between Gowon And Adekunle,who Committed More Crimes Against The Biafrans? by size38: 6:23pm On Sep 15, 2014
from the history of Nigerian Civil war, none of those two men committed any crime against the Briafrans. Rather Biafran was a separatist group that needed to be crushed and roasted they way it happened then. Biafra did what Boko Haram is doing today. But its unfortunate that GEJ allowed this group to exist. Both Gowon and Adekunle did the needful. The way any patriotic Nigerian would have done including my humble self to keep Nigeria one.

2 Likes

Re: Between Gowon And Adekunle,who Committed More Crimes Against The Biafrans? by JulianBond007: 6:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
size38: from the history of Nigerian Civil war, none of those two men committed any crime against the Briafrans. Rather Biafran was a separatist group that needed to be crushed and roasted they way it happened then. Biafra did what Boko Haram is doing today. But its unfortunate that GEJ allowed this group to exist. Both Gowon and Adekunle did the needful. The way any patriotic Nigerian would have done including my humble self to keep Nigeria one.
I quite disagree that the Biafra emancipation should be compared to Boko haram. I think both had different ideologies and what they were fighting for is not the same.

1 Like

Re: Between Gowon And Adekunle,who Committed More Crimes Against The Biafrans? by Orunto: 8:10pm On Sep 15, 2014
None of the above. Adekunle should be honoured post humously for his efforts to unite this country. At least, nobody has accussed him of stealing $2.8bn to make such contributions to Nigeria.
Re: Between Gowon And Adekunle,who Committed More Crimes Against The Biafrans? by Arysexy(m): 8:20pm On Sep 15, 2014
Ode.kunle was a bigot and a tribalist in army uniform. Read his word, "I want to kill the igbos " not biafrans. I will shoot at any moving thing.

The carcass was obviously on ethnic vendetta, gowon did what he did to ensure oil revenue never stopped, starvation was d brainchild of awolowa d devil.

From my answer chose the biggest evil.
Re: Between Gowon And Adekunle,who Committed More Crimes Against The Biafrans? by Fash20: 8:23pm On Sep 15, 2014
Ojukwu(ojuiku ) committed more crime against his people than ben& gowon. There is no point in fighting the war u know you cannot win.
JulianBond007: Benjamin Adekunle is now a dead man. Since his death was announced,there has been series of threads opened to abuse him and praise him in this section.
According to the Yorubas,he was a gallant soldier who fought for the unity of Nigeria. To the Igbos,he was a wicked and heartless man who shot every Igbo person on sight during the Biafra war which made him a coward.

Gowon on the other hand was the head of state during the Biafra war and his own crime superceeds that of Adekunle against the Igbos,IMHO. We all know what he did to make sure Biafra did not succeed and the blockage of food which led to the death of Biafran children.

Today,no Igbo man is calling for the head of Gowon. Do the Igbos have to wait for Gowon to die before he will be castigated just as we see in the case of Adekunle? Have the Igbos forgiven Gowon because he made sure Nigeria did not break up?

To me,I think Gowon committed more crimes against the biafrans more than Adekunle did.

No insults please! I need your immense and mature contributions.

-JB007

1 Like

Re: Between Gowon And Adekunle,who Committed More Crimes Against The Biafrans? by GeneralAdekunle: 8:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
Ridiculous question OP. The person that committed the worst crimes against Biafra is Col Odumegu Ojukwu the runaway Soldier

1 Like

Re: Between Gowon And Adekunle,who Committed More Crimes Against The Biafrans? by GowonAbacha: 8:31pm On Sep 15, 2014
Orunto: None of the above. Adekunle should be honoured post humously for his efforts to unite this country. At least, nobody has accussed him of stealing $2.8bn to make such contributions to Nigeria.
Did you just say unite? Stop being a clown.
Re: Between Gowon And Adekunle,who Committed More Crimes Against The Biafrans? by Arysexy(m): 8:33pm On Sep 15, 2014
GeneralAdekunle: Ridiculous question OP. The person that committed the worst crimes against Biafra is Col Odumegu Ojukwu the runaway Soldier

Shut up!

General ojukwu defended his people from calculated annihilation after plea to gowon to end d carnage against igbos fell on deaf ear, and aburi agreement that would have averted d war was flouted by gowon.

1 Like

Re: Between Gowon And Adekunle,who Committed More Crimes Against The Biafrans? by Brahms(m): 8:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
These Emotional Clowns ehn!

(1) (Reply)

300 Boko Haram Fighters Surrenders In Cameron / List Of What President Goodluck Jonathan Would Be Remembered For! (Draft) / Jonathan Lagos Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.