Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,045 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read (44561 Views)

How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance / PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola / How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by Forwetinnah: 10:15am On Sep 16, 2014
Beautiful Doctor..thank God for her life. So you heard her, people..keep yourself hydrated, oral drip is the way forward, eat fruits, let the virus out, don't hold it in..it is well with us Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by oweniwe(m): 10:15am On Sep 16, 2014
Jayne2014: Over to nollywood to make a Nigerian world war z from this story.
lolz
Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by texazzpete(m): 10:19am On Sep 16, 2014
3 months after Ebola broke out in Sierra leone and Liberia and yet no attempt to make available a Standard operating procedure for Ebola testing and quarantine to all the hospitals in Nigeria. to the extent that one of the most sophisticated hospitals in the entry city of Lagos did not have any clue on how to go about securing Ebola test kits!

The Health Minister should be immediately dismissed for incompetence.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by nkbubbles: 10:20am On Sep 16, 2014
Our God is a miracle working God. am happy u made it. RIP to those that lost their lives.
Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by femi4: 10:21am On Sep 16, 2014
Very pretty lady
Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by chochopiro(m): 10:22am On Sep 16, 2014
Thank u LORD for sparing her life
Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by fm7070: 10:22am On Sep 16, 2014
You're too beautiful to die in the hand of this ugly monster called ebola
your beautiful spirit, radical mindset and great faith has been instrumental to your healing
Knowledge is good, faith brings result, God is awesome

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by Ranchhoddas: 10:23am On Sep 16, 2014
Really touching story...that she was highly educated was also crucial in her survival as she was taking the ORS even as it was unpleasant and also carrying out research on the internet. #superbeautifulsurvivor

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by Bigsteveg(m): 10:38am On Sep 16, 2014
WHEN YOU FIND A PURPOSE FOR LIVING, DEATH WILL WAIT UNTIL YOU ARE DONE.

GOD; YOUR NAME BE PRAISED.

THOSE WHO SERVE GOD, HE NEVER FORSAKE THEM.

CONGRATS DOC.
Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by Ezeibe(m): 10:39am On Sep 16, 2014
Blessed be to thy holy name oh lord, .......you have never failed, you will never fail , and you can never fail. You said those who put there trust in thee shall never be put to shame. Thank you jesus. What a miracle.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 16, 2014
texazzpete: 3 months after Ebola broke out in Sierra leone and Liberia and yet no attempt to make available a Standard operating procedure for Ebola testing and quarantine to all the hospitals in Nigeria. to the extent that one of the most sophisticated hospitals in the entry city of Lagos did not have any clue on how to go about securing Ebola test kits!

The Health Minister should be immediately dismissed for incompetence.
You are absolutely right. It is a shame that the disease that had been on since February could not be prepared for nor did "MEDICAL PRACTITIONERS" had a clue on it. We need to be proactive in this country rather that "fire damage".
Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by davdandam(m): 10:40am On Sep 16, 2014
I cried o,forget say I be guy. ....but this is a story of someone getting in trouble cos of doing her job ,I'm so happy for you wherever you are.God is alive
Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by tobias4real: 10:40am On Sep 16, 2014
I thank God for ur life. Ur story is really a testimony to others. I've read it over and over again and can't just but give thanks to God. RIP to those who lost their life in it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by Hopeyeme: 10:41am On Sep 16, 2014
God is good there is power in having faith
Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by Junipero: 10:43am On Sep 16, 2014
This Story deserves an 'Oscar Foreign Movie Award-Winning' Movie

Very graphic and detailed.

Emotional and raw to the core!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by sayyid(m): 10:45am On Sep 16, 2014
d story is really touching,anyway tank God for her life
Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by Burger01(m): 10:47am On Sep 16, 2014
God be praised! I was so touched and scared to the point I could hardly touch the screen of my ipad for fear of eInfection, who knows cheesy This was a doctor who faced the virus headlong... unlike some useless ones who hid under the NMA strike. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by larrymoore(m): 10:49am On Sep 16, 2014
Fear gripped me over her pathetic narration.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by Naavah(f): 10:52am On Sep 16, 2014
And I can't stop crying. The gift of life cannot be overemphasized.
Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by Lorenzena(f): 10:54am On Sep 16, 2014
The story was so touching.tank God for her life nd r i p for dose who lost deir life.
Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 16, 2014
Befor now I have lost hope in the act called prayer, but this restimony has revived my faith in a living God.
This story is good news

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by zicky(m): 11:01am On Sep 16, 2014
I thank God for your life
Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by Demdem(m): 11:01am On Sep 16, 2014
Worth reading.
Am happy for her.
Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by Orikinla(m): 11:06am On Sep 16, 2014
Tears of sadness for those we lost and tears of joy for those God saved.
Yes. There is God, whether some people believe or not.
As one of the abandoned refugee children in Biafra, left to their uncertain fate. My mother lost three of her children, but I survived. They said I was speaking in tongues. They did not know what I was saying. They said God saved my life. But that does not mean God loves us the survivors more than those hundreds of thousands who died of Kwashiorkor, including the three children my mother lost. I don't even know what they looked like.

I thank God for all those who survived this evil that was brought into Nigeria by someone who lied. If he had confessed the truth, those who died would have survived and Nigeria would not have been plunged into this state of fear.
Oh, Almighty God of divine intervention and awesome miracles, continue to protect and save us.
I love Nigeria.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by wonyi: 11:09am On Sep 16, 2014
Shedding tears.thank God for u
Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by shaboti: 11:10am On Sep 16, 2014
I almost cried cry

So touching
Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by Reference(m): 11:12am On Sep 16, 2014
Nice...but what is thing about humans, maybe Nigerians and denial, then hide and seek. This 'image' thing. She almost killed her parents. She knew she had it but even after symptons initially refused to 'come to terms'. The 'retreat' to her family home to me is a covert 'run away to avoid attention, trace and contact thingy'. The chap that fled Lagos to Portharcourt. The lady that fled Portharcourt to Aba.

Well congrats to all health workers from the terrified ambulance drivers to the dedication and bravery of the foreign doctors, WHO, Lagos State Government and the other individuals involved. You did a great job in making sure this tragedy was contained.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by sam90s(m): 11:12am On Sep 16, 2014
Enahi: Her story made me cry,am so happy for her. She never gave up hope,perhaps if others had her type of spirit they would have survived.

How exactly do you measure 'her type of spirit'?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by kingsangoda: 11:12am On Sep 16, 2014
#Effortless #action #entrepreneurship http:///1wz6PdJ

“Nature does not hurry, yet everything is
accomplished.”
Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by dayosaurus(m): 11:14am On Sep 16, 2014
This story pierced my heart.. very sad cry..
Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by mastengsynergy: 11:14am On Sep 16, 2014
What an encounter!!!
I read the story with passion and full understanding of what a medical doctor go through in 14 days of incarceration.
Thank God for your Faith. This is real Faith in practice.
I sent a Question Flip to my colleagues(Medical Lab Scientists) a couple of days ago to let us share our experience on their Challenges and Bench experience since the out-break of Ebola Virus Disease in the Country. I have not receive any response though. Knowing fully well that we handle several samples from patients and work on the samples without which sample carries the virus or other deadly infectious agents. The Scientists I believe are exposed to much risks and we all in the Medical profession must be more careful while dealing with the patients and Samples from the patients.
Dr Adadevoh and others sacrifice their lives for others to live in this country and their names will never be forgotten so easily.
I suggest the Federal Government should establish Ebola hospitals in all the 6 geo-political zones of Nigeria and Named such hospitals after Dr. Adadevoh to immortalized her name.
I congratulate the Survivor even without taken Zmap or Nano silver.
There is Truely a "Balm in Gilead".

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by Efizzi: 11:17am On Sep 16, 2014
Great piece. I am grateful to God for the Life of Dr. Ada Igonoh and to all those who are at the forefront of fighting these disease may God grant them protection. In Jesus name Amen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lagos Govt bans sale, Use & distribution of take-away Packs, Single-use Plastics / Once Upon A Time In Nigeria: Do You Remember This? / These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.