Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,480 members, 7,816,134 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read (44556 Views)

How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance / PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola / How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by dabossman(m): 12:04pm On Sep 16, 2014
Chrisbenogor: You guys saying awesome God, why is there a virus in the first place? Why allow it infect his children? Why allow some people die and save the others ? Nonsense

Create a virus that kills more than 2500 people till date just so that you can save a few of them and show your mighty power........that is the definition of warped thinking.

There is no God in all this abeg, when the virus hit it was hand sanitizer that went scarce not bibles. angry

Yeah, why allow computer viruses in the first place. Why allow it to infect our systems. Why allow some computers to crash and others survive. Oh, sorry I thought you were talking about computer viruses.

But did God create the virus? Did he create the many biological warfare viruses we know off? Did God erode the ozone layer? Did God create airplanes, cars and ships and then causes them to crash and kill thousands? Did God create the atomic bomb, guns and weapons of war?

Oh yes, let's blame it all on God, right?

Believe what you want and free others to believe what they want. Or don't atheist believe in the "right to choose" again?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by Rhaspody(m): 12:05pm On Sep 16, 2014
some people go soon quote the OP

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by Ishilove: 12:08pm On Sep 16, 2014
Reference:

Morning dear. Yeah, its amazing how something that happened so far and remotely away could have such devastating consequences on random people who knew nothing of it and didn't deserve its trauma. This world and we who live in it are far, far more vulnerable than we think. No one can hide from what may be brewing somewhere in the plains of Kansas, the jungles of Amazonia or the mountains of inner Mongolia. Our life is like a mist.
Morning to you too dearie. Who do we blame for this? The government always waits till they are sucker punched in the jaw before they get proactive. A pandemic of this proportion is ravaging the neighbouring countries yet they did not take the necessary measures to prevent importation.
Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by back2sender: 12:09pm On Sep 16, 2014
RockMaxi:

Thanks to God. No matter how deadly a situation is, you can't take away the God factor.

RIP to those who didn't make it.
This is not an issue about God.credits should be given to the men and women who to took care of the Ebola patients.
From her narration one name was constant-dr David , this is a man that believes In caring for humanity with his knowledge and talent rather than calling the name of God for solution.
Man has all it needs to make a difference in this world.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by pheesayor(m): 12:10pm On Sep 16, 2014
Inspirational and touching, to God be the Glory...
Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by denitro(m): 12:13pm On Sep 16, 2014
Ramnon2:
Knowing that Mr Sawyer had recently arrived from Liberia, the doctor asked if he had been in contact with an Ebola patient in the last couple of weeks, and Mr. Sawyer denied any such contact. He also denied attending any funeral ceremony recently.

I thought Sawyer's wife said Sawyer's motive was not to spread the disease, because he avoided contact at the liberian airport.
Why did he lie?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by adeowo84(m): 12:15pm On Sep 16, 2014
i am really touch and i want people to know that its only God that can save...who do you believe in? this is a sheer power of faith cum positive thinking accompany with listen to the right words(positive ones). there is power mighty in the blood of Jesus...RIP to all the dead heroes and heroins.
Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by bebe2(f): 12:15pm On Sep 16, 2014
madaaaammmmm

u for write book naahhhhh

see as u throway story wey for make u money angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by Ologunjude(m): 12:15pm On Sep 16, 2014
Nice stories. Without having a personal relationship with God, it would have been difficult to overcome this Ebola. She worked on her faith with God and as usual HE showed up for her. Weldone! God grace will cover all those that died for Nigeria in the battle to control the virus.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by Tekzyflex(m): 12:15pm On Sep 16, 2014
There is God somewhere!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by Reference(m): 12:16pm On Sep 16, 2014
nwaka80: aww such a touching story. It was really a narrow escape, d importance of faith in our lives cnt really be over emphasized. Wia odas trod nd fell we will tread nd scale tru

But with the coalition of atheists listen. Even the blind who can't see the sun can feel its warmth. She cleared out her mind of wrong thoughts, thoughts of decay and death and filled it with thoughts of life, prosperous thoughts that only come via the Word of God and so she lived, simple.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by Ishilove: 12:20pm On Sep 16, 2014
denitro:

I thought Sawyer's wife said Sawyer's motive was not to spread the disease, because he avoided contact at the liberian airport.
Why did he lie?
She was trying to salvage his already battered image
Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by Kamdi2013: 12:24pm On Sep 16, 2014
Thank God for His might and abilities. Only God can do this miracle.
Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by Amhappy(f): 12:26pm On Sep 16, 2014
This story touched my heart deeply. The Almighty is still in the business of doing miracles. Ada you are a fighter. May the souls of those we lost rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by AdeniyiA(m): 12:26pm On Sep 16, 2014
Chrisbenogor: You guys saying awesome God, why is there a virus in the first place? Why allow it infect his children? Why allow some people die and save the others ? Nonsense

Create a virus that kills more than 2500 people till date just so that you can save a few of them and show your mighty power........that is the definition of warped thinking.

There is no God in all this abeg, when the virus hit it was hand sanitizer that went scarce not bibles. angry

" 8. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
9. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9.#
" Psalms 92:5 O LORD, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep. 92:6 A brutish man knoweth not; neither doth a fool understand this."

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by adeowo84(m): 12:28pm On Sep 16, 2014
DrDauda:

As a medical doctor, coupled with the treatment and care she got, and her immunity, coupled with her destiny, dats what saved her, are u saying dat dr adadevoh and the nurses dat died were also not praying to survive Abeg, u guys should leave d god factor outta this.

foolishness part 1...u will bow to dat God soon...watchout!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by juliebest(f): 12:29pm On Sep 16, 2014
Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by missroyal: 12:31pm On Sep 16, 2014
Very touching, tank God 4 his grace over her life. R.I.P to those that lost there lives.
Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by adeowo84(m): 12:32pm On Sep 16, 2014
back2sender:
This is not an issue about God.credits should be given to the men and women who to took care of the Ebola patients.
From her narration one name was constant-dr David , this is a man that believes In caring for humanity with his knowledge and talent rather than calling the name of God for solution.

shut up u stupidity...who created the doc.david?...if i near u i go sound u!
Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by mondob2k(m): 12:35pm On Sep 16, 2014
Had tears in my eyes after reading her story. God bless all the volunteers that risked their lives to serve humanity.
Nigeria can be great y'know... Let's give our all.

God bless Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by dabossman(m): 12:37pm On Sep 16, 2014
back2sender:

And did you not read the part where she thanked everyone who cared for her? Did the same Dr. David not care for Justina and the nurse that died?. Should we crucify him for not saving those who died?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by xtervaganza(m): 12:37pm On Sep 16, 2014
I almost cried sha cry cry cry

Happy she pulled through
Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 16, 2014
adeowo84:

foolishness part 1...u will bow to dat God soon...watchout!

Shut up and free yourself from religious mental slavery; you like the average black african seriously need your brains to be upgraded n remodified.
Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by onadana: 12:44pm On Sep 16, 2014
cryLife can be so cruel.I just imagined how it is to be isolated from all that you love.You know we can exude emotions for everything we read from her story but we can never feel what she felt.It is so terrible.

As i typed this i looked at my 7year old son playing chess not faraway,my only child(for now).It crossed my mind,if he were to be in an isolation ward(GOD FORBID)and I was told I cannot go in and i see all his pains and agony and yet I cannot do anything.Horrible!

The love i have for my son...something tells me i will walk inside that room.This life.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by SugaryBelle(f): 12:49pm On Sep 16, 2014
Thank God for her survival.May the souls of the dead care givers rest in peace.
Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by toshmann(m): 12:50pm On Sep 16, 2014
Chei! This girl sweet die cheesy
Ebola e no go better for you o. Na this sweet thing you wan come carry abi.
Chineke bakwara ekwensu mba

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by soledayo(m): 12:51pm On Sep 16, 2014
I AM GLAD TO HAVE READ THIS STORY.
Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by Mariojane(f): 12:55pm On Sep 16, 2014
Enahi: Her story made me cry,am so happy for her. She never gave up hope,perhaps if others had her type of spirit they would have survived.
it is nt only her strong will to survive that assisted her, it is also her strong immune system. i am thankful for her life. RIP to the dead
Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by Lucky77: 12:57pm On Sep 16, 2014
wesley80:
Did anyone force you to read it?
Great piece, better than 95% of home videos!
GBAM !!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by Lucky77: 1:00pm On Sep 16, 2014
At the last lines .. tiny tears dropped out of my eyelids ..
.. sorry to have betrayed manliness.. didn't mean to be weak.
RIP to the dead.
Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by RUGBYGEE(m): 1:02pm On Sep 16, 2014
I read your story nearing tears myself. Before I concluded reading the piece, I knew I was going to leave my comment. I am most convinced that leaving my comment is one of the little ways to take part in the acknowledgement of God as the doer of all things that man can never do. Thank God that you survived Ebola. Even though some never made it out of the Ebola quarantine center, all thanks be to our God who knows best. There is no ruling out His supremacy in all we do.

I learnt a lot from your story sis. All glory be to His name for saving you for us. Congrats Doc.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read by Krysstie: 1:12pm On Sep 16, 2014
So emotional, jst culdn't hold back the tears. Ebola sure has a cure....F.A.I.T.H

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Once Upon A Time In Nigeria: Do You Remember This? / 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Ladies Have Belly Fat (Photos) / These Are Signs That You Might Have Liver Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.