Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,682 members, 7,813,267 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours (35577 Views)

Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend / 250 Million Fake Phones Sold In Nigeria Yearly - NCC / Meet The 6 Phones With 3GB RAM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by lawrenceunaa: 8:05pm On Sep 15, 2014
na lie, fake statistics
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 15, 2014
Romanciella: my fiancee got me this as ma burthday gift.....

bad news is that i cant have it now cus hes not intown.....
FIANCEE.. Shey you're now a lesbian abi? Mrs Narcissa Romanciella Narcissus
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by harrysterol(m): 8:07pm On Sep 15, 2014
This is what iphone6 has caused me

Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 15, 2014
jenoncam:
Congrats cheesy

Omo sweery u can't fit understand the hustle, I gat climb palm tree to get 3G.
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by lezz(m): 8:10pm On Sep 15, 2014
Lagusta: Them try shaa....

Waiting for samsung note4 to break that record
when the galaxy S5 didnt even meet the record of S4 in the sales chart. SAMMY IS GOING DOWN.

1 Like

Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by eminex(m): 8:11pm On Sep 15, 2014
na wa o... some ppl re so tech driven
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by munasami: 8:14pm On Sep 15, 2014

1 Like

Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Ekiseme(m): 8:17pm On Sep 15, 2014
Overhyped sh!t, nothing special angry
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by MadCow1: 8:19pm On Sep 15, 2014
kobonaire: if I may borrow your "logic" and say this .... All cars look the same to me. They have 4 tyres, have a steering wheel, go from point A to B .... so therefore they are all the same .... why buy a BMW M5 if you can just gets it's 'equivalent' .... a Daewoo Leganza
grin

Erm. .. You came close but fell short..

The iPhone design in terms of exterior looks the same and is difficult to really tell apart until you look closely especially the iPhone 3.. 4, 4S, 5, and 5S.

Unlike BlackBerry that changes the outer look of their phones from one to another, the iPhone seems set in their ways. Even the UI is the same.

I know the hardware specs are different, but the rest is just too alike. It's almost lazy.

1 Like

Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 15, 2014
MadCow1:

The iPhone design in terms of exterior looks the same and is difficult to really tell apart until you look closely especially the iPhone 3.. 4, 4S, 5, and 5S.

Unlike BlackBerry that changes the outer look of their phones from one to another, the iPhone seems set in their ways. Even the UI is the same.

I know the hardware specs are different, but the rest is just too alike. It's almost lazy.

You also came close but fell short because you are comparing blackberry to apple, making it seem as though blackberry has the edge when they almost went out of business.

You do have a point with the iphone designs though, I feel eventually their bland designs may catch up with them the same way Nokia had bland designs, throwing out 3300 series phones that were all alike; 3310, 3315, 3330...

For now though, apple still has a good reputation for having a very stable phone engine(IOS), that rarely fails compared to other phone operating systems.

1 Like

Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 15, 2014
MadCow1:

I know the hardware specs are different, but the rest is just too alike. It's almost [size=34pt]lazy.[/size]
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Romanciella(f): 8:29pm On Sep 15, 2014
jossi994: FIANCEE.. Shey you're now a lesbian abi? Mrs Narcissa Romanciella Narcissus
smh re u ok cry undecided

1 Like

Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by kobonaire(m): 8:30pm On Sep 15, 2014
MadCow1:

In my opinion, a phone brand is successful if it can achieve the following:-
1) A simple yet highly functional UI. I am in the software technology field and I know how difficult that is to achieve
2) Good integration between the hardware and the software
3) Great performance of the other important features of the phone: camera, touch screen, browser, audio, RF performance, screen resolution etc
4) Availability of apps.
5) ......And many more
The IPhones (and IOS) and leading Android devices (and android OS) have excelled pretty well in all those, with Apple arguably doing better in #2 because they have absolute control over the hardware, software and firmware.
Your analysis is just based on the overall general looks which I do not think is in-depth enough. Perhaps you should really have a closer look at the iPhones. There's a world of difference in between the models.
In addition, I think that Blackberry ceased to be relevant many years ago. There's a reason why BB sales continue to slump.
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 15, 2014
Romanciella: smh re u ok cry undecided
i am. Maybe you ain't. Go and check the meaning of fiancee 1st.. Before you start twisting yer face. undecided lipsrsealed
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by MadCow1: 8:33pm On Sep 15, 2014
UchihaMadara:

You also came close but fell short because you are comparing blackberry to apple, making it seem as though blackberry has the edge when they almost went out of business.

You do have a point with the iphone designs though, I feel eventually their bland designs may catch up with them the same way Nokia had bland designs, throwing out 3300 series phones that were all alike; 3310, 3315, 3330...

For now though, apple still has a good reputation for having a very stable phone engine(IOS), that rarely fails compared to other phone operating systems.

Madara kun. .

The point of using the blackberry comparison was strictly to point out their stale design concept with regards to the shape, physical look and user interface.

If they don't change soon...

Anyways I am personally not an iPhone fan primarily because of their sharing policy and the restrictions around their devices.

The only apple device I like remains the ipod.
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Atmmachine(m): 8:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
kobonaire: Well, there are "hidden costs" there. Remember that $199 is a contract price (2 year contract) and you are obligated to pay for a data plan in the 24 month period of the contract ...

you can unlock it & go out of contract
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by MadCow1: 8:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
kobonaire:
In my opinion, a phone brand is successful if it can achieve the following:-
1) A simple yet highly functional UI. I am in the software technology field and I know how difficult that is to achieve
2) Good integration between the hardware and the software
3) Great performance of the other important features of the phone: camera, touch screen, browser, audio, RF performance, screen resolution etc
4) Availability of apps.
5) ......And many more
The IPhones (and IOS) and leading Android devices (and android OS) have excelled pretty well in all those, with Apple arguably doing better in #2 because they have absolute control over the hardware, software and firmware.
Your analysis is just based on the overall general looks which I do not think is in-depth enough. Perhaps you should really have a closer look at the iPhones. There's a world of difference in between the models.
In addition, I think that Blackberry ceased to be relevant many years ago. There's a reason why BB sales continue to slump.

Agreed.

1 Like

Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
MadCow1:

Madara kun. .

The point of using the blackberry comparison was strictly to point out their stale design concept with regards to the shape, physical look and user interface.

Anyways I am personally not an iPhone fan primarily because of their sharing policy and the restrictions around their devices.

i also use an iPhone but i aint gay about it. Those guys in Cupertino will be having fun until the WP series come kicking out all their teeth
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by nnenneigbo(f): 8:39pm On Sep 15, 2014
kobonaire: if I may borrow your "logic" and say this .... All cars look the same to me. They have 4 tyres, have a steering wheel, go from point A to B .... so therefore they are all the same .... why buy a BMW M5 if you can just gets it's 'equivalent' .... a Daewoo Leganza
grin

LMAO, this is true. Any reason for iphone haters to not be bitter. All iphone are the same they say lol

1 Like

Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Romanciella(f): 8:40pm On Sep 15, 2014
jossi994: i am. Maybe you ain't. Go and check the meaning of fiancee 1st.. Before you start twisting yer face. undecided lipsrsealed
smh ... u dont hav to exhibit yiur stupidity everywhere on nl

1 Like

Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by texazzpete(m): 8:41pm On Sep 15, 2014
francis247: NA LIE
Texazzpete stop the overhyping.
Even the Samsung Galaxy S2, The smartphone with the highest number of preorder in history never sold up to 3million in 24 hrs let alone this old wine in new bottle selling over 4M. Once again I smell
L
I
E
S

Galaxy S2 preorders started March 1st 2011. By May 9th 2011, Samsung announced they had received 3 million preorders.
That's 3 million in 2 months.

The iPhone 6/6+ received 4 million in 24 hours, beating the 3 million set by the iPhone 5S.

It always amazes me how the empty heads are the loudest ones in the room. Somehow, you found 6 other half-wits to like your post cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 15, 2014
Romanciella: smh ... u dont hav to exhibit yiur stupidity everywhere on nl
i'm tryna point out a mistake you made and instead of you quietly accepting and correcting it,you're busy displaying how shallow you are. Afo edi ata akamba ebot.. #Victoriousvic,please translate it for her undecided
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by texazzpete(m): 8:46pm On Sep 15, 2014
btoks: Simple marketing strategy by Apple to get people to part with their cash.the company has got to keep getting income therefore it'll keep bringing products out even if its a small change. I say kudos to Apple for keeping people interested in their products, however people (esp those who cant afford) need to be careful when purchasing these things as it has a way of getting you hooked and in debt.wait a few months and the Price will drop . it'll be 6s next year for sure to sort out the bugs.

Obviously, you have no experience with buying Apple products. Price does not drop by any substantial amount until the next version is rolling out.

It's a smartphone. There are no 'bugs' to sort out that cannot be fixed with a software update.

MadCow1:

Unlike BlackBerry that changes the outer look of their phones from one to another, the iPhone seems set in their ways.

This must be a joke post cheesy

The OS 5/6/7 phones didn't have any radical design changes.
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 15, 2014
texazzpete:

Galaxy S2 preorders started March 1st 2011. By May 9th 2011, Samsung announced they had received 3 million preorders.
That's 3 million in 2 months.

The iPhone 6/6+ received 4 million in 24 hours, beating the 3 million set by the iPhone 5S.

It always amazes me how the empty heads are the loudest ones in the room. Somehow, you found 6 other half-wits to like your post cheesy
let's just pretend you don't know what an American brand is compared with an Asian...and then let's just smile about everything knowing what dust a Pioneering US/EU brand couldn't ever kick up with the help of the same US owned world news media
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 15, 2014
jossi994: i'm tryna point out a mistake you made and instead of you quietly accepting and correcting it,you're busy displaying how shallow you are. Afo edi ata akamba ebot.. #Victoriousvic,please translate it for her undecided
Hehehe. . Make them no ban me o. grin
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by alfonsoibim: 8:48pm On Sep 15, 2014
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Atmmachine(m): 8:49pm On Sep 15, 2014
I heard the Iphone does not work well in Nigeria because of the LTE & there are no 4G & 3G networks in Nigeria
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by millhouse: 8:49pm On Sep 15, 2014

1 Like

Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by MadCow1: 8:50pm On Sep 15, 2014
texazzpete:

This must be a joke post cheesy

The OS 5/6/7 phones didn't have any radical design changes.

I think it goes without saying that Blackberry has had more physical design changes than the iPhone.

1 Like

Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 15, 2014
MadCow1:

Madara kun. .

Men, back in da day, after a statement like such in bold, I would have made all efforts to convert you to team Iphone. Nowadays though, most phones are smart, so there really isn't a wide gap anymore in functionality between phones, maybe just software integrity.

I also hate those restrictions, but I feel they help preserve software integrity on the device by not allowing open source downloads, besides the obvious fact that they hope to cash in by making every software apple related. I switch over to my android when I want to be "free" with my downloads, but when I had a blackberry, one of those downloads was responsible for the RIM software crashing, something that would rarely occur on an iphone because you wouldn't even be able to download the malicious software in the first place.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What Are The Best Games To Add To Your Android Phones? / Leagoo M9 official Thread / How Can I Install Apps In Sd Card On My Tecno W3? (help Needed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.