Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours (35582 Views)

Apple Sells Record 13 Million Iphone 6s/6s Plus In First Weekend / 250 Million Fake Phones Sold In Nigeria Yearly - NCC / Meet The 6 Phones With 3GB RAM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 15, 2014
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by nepp(f): 10:29pm On Sep 15, 2014
undecided

3 Likes

Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 15, 2014
marieolae: Wow amazing. I'm gonna get myself one!

i wish i'm u.
*sobs*
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by mavtrevor(m): 10:40pm On Sep 15, 2014
iPhone 6 is just another over-prized Apple product, just don't know what people sees in it. There are so many Android smartphone out there better than the iPhone. Here are some reasons why the iPhone 6 still suck.

4 Likes

Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by alVinHustle: 10:47pm On Sep 15, 2014
note 4 is out and its crap. No much difference frm note 3

Lagusta: Them try shaa....

Waiting for samsung note4 to break that record
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Nobody: 10:50pm On Sep 15, 2014
texazzpete: http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/15/6151735/apple-iphone-6-pre-order-record

People pre-order them for resale to make profit. I can tell you 40-50 % of those 4 millions purchases aren't interested in the iPhones but the profit. Bwahaha... Apple fanboys won't just get it! cheesy grin cool

3 Likes

Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 15, 2014
I guess iphone have turn to fraud.
I Just checked the specs n' was left angry.
8mp camera,1.4ghz speed n' low hardware...even more cheap tinz on it.
They only got display.
Its overhyped.
I just dont know why many pple love stupid things.
Its not even Android.
I'll still be rockin' my htc one.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Geenickel(m): 10:55pm On Sep 15, 2014
kai....nlanders eh!!!omoh una criticise die...Kai!!!!!

*lwkm*..see galaxys40 abg....well obama must hv turned a real born again to pray for prospective deflowered maidens....hahahahahahah
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by generalissimo(m): 11:01pm On Sep 15, 2014
Wetin concern me Even make the whole world become *ifool* ontop dat crap, e no concern me tongue
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by texazzpete(m): 11:16pm On Sep 15, 2014
francis247: That's my point. While Sammy is honest about theirs, Apple is not.

/facepalm.jpg
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by texazzpete(m): 11:20pm On Sep 15, 2014
totogrill: I guess iphone have turn to fraud.
They only got display.
Its overhyped.
Its not even Android.

So much ignorance wrapped in this post, it's hilarious.

One of the downsides of this Gsmarena comparison tool. You get people who know nothing about tech going "this one is 1.4Ghz while this one is 1.8 Ghz. That means the 1.8Ghz own is faster and definitely better".

Smh.

Intel's new Core M CPU line starts at 0.8 Ghz speed, I guess you think this is slower than a 1Ghz Atom CPU from 2008.
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by texazzpete(m): 11:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
all4naija: People pre-order them for resale to make profit. I can tell you 40-50 % of those 4 millions purchases aren't interested in the iPhones but the profit. Bwahaha... Apple fanboys won't just get it! cheesy grin cool

Erm...do they make profit from eating them? Abi they sell to others who then use the phones?
Also, given that a large chunk of these purchases are usually tied to carrier contracts, i'm pretty sure your '40 - 50%' figure is implausible.

spotit:
well.. my bad, i take the sarcasm/metaphor out of it. of course we could buy more iPhones in a single day than any other smartphone just if we're able to pull the strings behind the news. in fact, we don't even need to pay, we've got clout to say they sold or we bought 10million. who are you?
forgive my owning it to WE the fanboys, the infallible Apple would never go low into the gutters of publicity/stats shifting

So if I get you clearly, you're convinced Apple made up those figures. Any proof?
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
The present iPhone 6 and 6+ curved edges are getting close to Samsung galaxy S looks. I know the Apple fanboys on the forum would want to disapprove of it. Bwahaha...

No matter the low quality Apple produces the ignorant fanboys will always go on queue without eating for days just to stare at them. Bwahaha... cheesy grin lipsrsealed.

The new iPhones are out. Please, make some noise! That has become their creed!

1 Like

Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 15, 2014
texazzpete:

Erm...do they make profit from eating them? Abi they sell to others who then use the phones?
Also, given that a large chunk of these purchases are usually tied to carrier contracts, i'm pretty sure your '40 - 50%' figure is implausible.

How doesn't that reflect the real sale while bragging about the 24 hour pre-ordered number? Please, I am not here to fight because Apple fanboys are all fanatics!
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by coogar: 11:34pm On Sep 15, 2014
mavtrevor: iPhone 6 is just another over-prized Apple product, just don't know what people sees in it. There are so many Android smartphone out there better than the iPhone. Here are some reasons why the iPhone 6 still suck.

until ultra-speed internet becomes available to all in nigeria, people like you would never understand the beauty of an apple phone. there's no point trying to convince a bus conductor to see the importance of Laplace transforms.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 16, 2014
Am really curious about this iphone hype, I have never used one probably am going to get this iphone6 and see what the whole hype about apple iphones.

Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Nobody: 12:33am On Sep 16, 2014
Thats a huge success...wow...God hlep me to blow like this when I launch my business idea b4 the end this year o...amen

1 Like

Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Superstar007(m): 12:36am On Sep 16, 2014
Instead of buying this over-priced product. I'll rather get the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact.
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Nobody: 12:37am On Sep 16, 2014
frankben: They should keep selling....

As for me,

I'm cruising with my nokia 3310 grin

The most economical phone ever cheesy
In other word, it is well. Don't worry you time dey come
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Mistermamus(m): 12:48am On Sep 16, 2014
all4naija: People pre-order them for resale to make profit. I can tell you 40-50 % of those 4 millions purchases aren't interested in the iPhones but the profit. Bwahaha... Apple fanboys won't just get it! cheesy grin cool
gbam!!!! no mind em Nigerians don't know hw whites do business
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Nobody: 12:50am On Sep 16, 2014
texazzpete:

So if I get you clearly, you're convinced Apple made up those figures. Any proof?

bruv nvm, just get the 6+ and enjoy yourself.
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Mistermamus(m): 12:52am On Sep 16, 2014
totogrill: I guess iphone have turn to fraud.
They only got display.
Its overhyped.
Its not even Android.
its a luxury phone made of expensive materials dats y its costly. ppl just buy it cox of d brand name not wat its inside
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by coogar: 12:52am On Sep 16, 2014
Mistermamus: gbam!!!! no mind em Nigerians don't know hw whites do business

where's the common sense in that post? if the 4 million people making the preorders are only interested in profit, it's because there are another 4 million people they must sell the phones to......or will the profit just appear without sales?

nigerians & backward reasoning.....
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Nobody: 1:00am On Sep 16, 2014
coogar:

where's the common sense in that post? if the 4 million people making the preorders are only interested in profit, it's because there are another 4 million people they must sell the phones to......or will the profit just appear without sales?

That now makes it 24 hours sale! Bwahaha... The products which might not be sold in two weeks time.
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Mistermamus(m): 1:01am On Sep 16, 2014
coogar:

hahaha its u DAT av backward reasoning well can't waste my tym explaining tinz to u
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Nobody: 1:04am On Sep 16, 2014
coogar:

These guys know what they are saying. of course there are 4million people elsewhere who are ultimately gonna purchase them, but in much more prolonged interval. the target in this hype is TIME. the quicker it's publicised that buyers acquired everything upon release, the greater momentum it gathers in the minds of people who are yet to decide or acquire...in the end, more orders are received and originally neutral people would be wowed into favouring the iPhone than not.
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Nobody: 1:07am On Sep 16, 2014
texazzpete:

Note 4 won't come anywhere close to that record. Sorry. Not even the more popular mainstream Galaxy releases come close.

Samsung made a mistake delaying the Note 4 release to October. The new iPhones will eat into their sales this Q4.

Maybe you should take a look at this picture and read the write-up on it. iPhone 6 is way beyond par as the technology in it was introduced into Nexus 3 years ago

1 Like

Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by coogar: 1:12am On Sep 16, 2014
all4naija: That now makes it 24 hours sale! Bwahaha... The products which might not be sold in two weeks time.

rubbish!
so people are acquiring iPhones to sell at a profit? what profit? these phones are mostly tied & locked on various networks. how many people buy cash & carry in the west? you have no clue.....

spotit:
These guys know what they are saying. of course there are 4million people elsewhere who are ultimately gonna purchase them, but in much more prolonged interval. the target in this hype is TIME. the quicker it's publicised that buyers acquired everything upon release, the greater momentum it gathers in the minds of people who are yet to decide or acquire...in the end, more orders are received and originally neutral people would be wowed into favouring the iPhone than not.

they are saying nonsense.
the people pre-ordering will most likely get it free on their networks & pay monthly for the next 18-24 months. why would they buy & sell when the phones are monthly repayments?

it's backward reasoning. only about 2% of apple fans buy the phone outrightly. they are tied to the networks on a 2-year contract. it does not worth anyone's while to buy & sell....there's no profit to be made. who would be so stüpid to cough out extra 100 quid for what he can get from his service provider free of charge(no deposit)?

the people preordering are doing so to be the first to own it amongst their peers & show off with it.

prince3009:
Maybe you should take a look at this picture and read the write-up on it. iPhone 6 is way beyond par as the technology in it was introduced into Nexus 3 years ago

that comparison is daft.....
compare that android to iphone 6 plus.....iPhone 6 is the junior brother to 6-plus.
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Nobody: 1:24am On Sep 16, 2014
coogar:

rubbish!
so people are acquiring iPhones to sell at a profit? what profit? these phones are mostly tied & locked on various networks. how many people buy cash & carry in the west? you have no clue.....

Profit from resale because they buy them at less expensive prices from Apple and affiliate online.

That is laughable. Those tied to network are based on licenses to network providers and not usually going to purchased theirs at the same pre-ordered prices ordering them from online. Keep making it look as if good number of those iPhones are not pre-purchases made in Apple and affiliate websites, which many of them were down in many countries during the rush. Apple gullible users will never see that as semantic notion.
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Nobody: 1:35am On Sep 16, 2014
coogar:

rubbish!

they are saying nonsense.
the people pre-ordering will most likely get it free on their networks & pay monthly for the next 18-24 months. why would they buy & sell when the phones are monthly repayments?

it's backward reasoning. only about 2% of apple fans buy the phone outrightly. they are tied to the networks on a 2-year contract. it does not worth anyone's while to buy & sell....there's no profit to be made. who would be so stüpid to cough out extra 100 quid for what he can get from his service provider free of charge(no deposit)?

the people preordering are doing so to be the first to own it amongst their peers & show off with it.

that comparison is daft.....
compare that android to iphone 6 plus.....iPhone 6 is the junior brother to 6-plus.

well, i wouldn't know if these networks didn't cart them away from Apple first. at the same time, it's a funny type of sales if most of us only gave back our old phones to have the new one...where are the new first time buyers...that's what's more important to grow marketshare...not recycling maintenance
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by coogar: 2:04am On Sep 16, 2014
all4naija: Profit from resale because they buy them at less expensive prices from Apple and affiliate online.

That is laughable. Those tied to network are based on licenses to network providers and not usually going to purchased theirs at the same pre-ordered prices ordering them from online. Keep making it look as if good number of those iPhones are not pre-purchases made in Apple and affiliate websites, which many of them were down in many countries during the rush. Apple gullible users will never see that as semantic notion.

there's no profit to be made here.....
majority are going to walk away with a brand new iphone 6 without having to pay any deposit sef as long as the credit score is good. no one really buys these phones outrightly like nigerians. it's mostly on contract!

spotit:
well, i wouldn't know if these networks didn't cart them away from Apple first. at the same time, it's a funny type of sales if most of us only gave back our old phones to have the new one...where are the new first time buyers...that's what's more important to grow marketshare...not recycling maintenance

i think the option to upgrade on the pre-existing contract is available. all you just have to do is to speed up what's left to pay on your old contract & you should get a new phone free of charge & you get to keep the old phone. O2 does that in the UK.
Re: 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours by Nobody: 2:19am On Sep 16, 2014
coogar:

there's no profit to be made here.....
majority are going to walk away with a brand new iphone 6 without having to pay any deposit sef as long as the credit score is good. no one really buys these phones outrightly like nigerians. it's mostly on contract!

i think the option to upgrade on the pre-existing contract is available. all you just have to do is to speed up what's left to pay on your old contract & you should get a new phone free of charge & you get to keep the old phone. O2 does that in the UK.

yes i know very well, what I'm very interested in atm is the number of fresh new purchasers who don't have the slightest doubt about iPhones and are very willing to ditch their competitive devices with an unreserved conviction that iPhones 6/6+ are the leaders this year and beyond.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Leagoo M9 official Thread / How Can I Install Apps In Sd Card On My Tecno W3? (help Needed) / Tecno P5 - An Upgrade Of Tecno P3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.