Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Disturbing: B H Used Konduga Battle To Test Army Defences Around Maidugiri - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disturbing: B H Used Konduga Battle To Test Army Defences Around Maidugiri (3058 Views)

US Airforce Stealth Drone Armed With Laser Gun To Kill Russian S-400 Defences / Top B H Commander Arrested In Cameroun With Guns, Rpgs, Bombs. N A Alerted / Nigerian Military Release Photos From The Battle In Konduga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disturbing: B H Used Konduga Battle To Test Army Defences Around Maidugiri by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 16, 2014
texaco1: one thing is certain and which noone is disputing and that is boko haram is keen on attacking maiduguri ,I think the military aUthorities should go on the offensive against this rebel army called boko haram instead of concentrating the tactics on defensive. Like the saying goes the best way to defend is to attack

Yes, they want to and that did kick-start the beginning of their demise.
Re: Disturbing: B H Used Konduga Battle To Test Army Defences Around Maidugiri by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 16, 2014
IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: .... How does BH look like? Do you still mistaken them for a bunch of ragtag elements fighting with sticks and broken bottles?

Btw, has the missing airforce jet been found?

Boko Haram is not the almighty tactical army the guy always want us to believe they are. Whenever the military authorities are ready to give us information about the 'missing' jet, they will let us know.
Re: Disturbing: B H Used Konduga Battle To Test Army Defences Around Maidugiri by dekronik: 10:16am On Sep 16, 2014
Nigerians always take things lightly. BH started with just a few almajiris with sticks, dane guns and a few AK-47 rifles. Then Modu Sherrif armed his ECOMOG boys which later fused to the new politcal BH that wants to creat a new islamic republic. The earlier the govt takes this as a rebel group the better. 48 Laws of power says "crush your enemy totally".
The US sent nearly 150,000 soldiers with enough air power to Tora Bora mountains. Within weeks the once safe haven for Osama became rubbles. He had to flee to Pakistan and was later killed. When Boko converged in Sambissa, we should have used all our assets to destroy these bastards once and for all. Now they have spread out to various locations. If the heat is brought on one camp, the rest can easily flee to Sudan or Somalia. This is an awkward situation. This is realy a rebel group that must be crushed. Entire farming communities have been dislodged from their homes and farmlands. If care is not taken their will be food scarcity next year coz this is the harvesting season and farmlands have been abandoned. This will affect us all- south/north-east/west. The most useless part of the issue is that northerners are the ones destroying their homeland. Useless people. And they will later blame GEJ. Useless people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disturbing: B H Used Konduga Battle To Test Army Defences Around Maidugiri by nuclearboy(m): 10:21am On Sep 16, 2014
Fulan Nasrullahis a retired Major who acknowledges openly that he knows a lot of boko haram elements while claiming he doesn't support them!

Its funny that we claim BH won't disclose their sponsors YET also claim that the man who seems to get the best intelliegence about them and who also discloses motives, plans and strategies (which should be seen as plus for the military) is considered to be one of them! So, he's one of them and supports them but keeps giving Nigeria intelligence which can offer a means to defeat them? Please

This man (in my estimation) is doing on social media, what his younger brothers who make up the Civilian JTF are doing with their machetes and clubs - fighting BH! I think his no nonsense style which doesn't excitedly dance in support of the Army, comes from being a former officer - been there, seen that, done that all - so he's not excited like many of us! He should be taken seriously

3 Likes

Re: Disturbing: B H Used Konduga Battle To Test Army Defences Around Maidugiri by nuclearboy(m): 10:33am On Sep 16, 2014
dekronik: Nigerians always take things lightly. BH started with just a few almajiris with sticks, dane guns and a few AK-47 rifles. Then Modu Sherrif armed his ECOMOG boys which later fused to the new politcal BH that wants to creat a new islamic republic. The earlier the govt takes this as a rebel group the better. 48 Laws of power says "crush your enemy totally".
The US sent nearly 150,000 soldiers with enough air power to Tora Bora mountains. Within weeks the once safe haven for Osama became rubbles. He had to flee to Pakistan and was later killed. When Boko converged in Sambissa, we should have used all our assets to destroy these bastards once and for all. Now they have spread out to various locations. If the heat is brought on one camp, the rest can easily flee to Sudan or Somalia. This is an awkward situation. This is realy a rebel group that must be crushed. Entire farming communities have been dislodged from their homes and farmlands. If care is not taken their will be food scarcity next year coz this is the harvesting season and farmlands have been abandoned. This will affect us all- south/north-east/west. The most useless part of the issue is that northerners are the ones destroying their homeland. Useless people. And they will later blame GEJ. Useless people.

Great post UNTIL the last 4 sentences! BH, not northerners are the ones destroying the north - I say that because its northerners that make up CJTF and most of the military that fighting for the north and the rest of Nigeria!

And the govt that's playing with this issue and politicising it as PDP vs APC are part of the problem because if they had taken it as a real threat (and dealt with it accordingly) rather than as a way to accuse APC, we would not be here today! Don't forget that till today, the govt still throws accusations around while refusing to name people! And its insanity to say "if you name them, it will cause problems" because there is NO trouble worse than all the deaths that have become normalcy amidst us

2 Likes

Re: Disturbing: B H Used Konduga Battle To Test Army Defences Around Maidugiri by nuclearboy(m): 10:39am On Sep 16, 2014
tokunboh:

Boko Haram is not the almighty tactical army the guy always want us to believe they are. Whenever the military authorities are ready to give us information about the 'missing' jet, they will let us know.

Yeah yeah yeah, let's keep deluding ourselves! They are learners who don't even know the trigger of a gun yet they have taken over the largest share of our budget for 4 years, killed thousands, displaced hundreds of thousands and given the military a bloody nose in many encounters! Let's keep laughing till they attack 4 corners of the country at the same time or take over the entire NE!

Just remember how small mosquitoes are then remember they kill 3 million yearly and no sensible person jokes with them

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disturbing: B H Used Konduga Battle To Test Army Defences Around Maidugiri by tomakint: 10:54am On Sep 16, 2014
texaco1: bros , long time
I dey my bro how runs jare?
Re: Disturbing: B H Used Konduga Battle To Test Army Defences Around Maidugiri by Caseless: 11:09am On Sep 16, 2014
idupaul: The writer of the article is definitely an American military analyst , my question in whose interest is he working right now.. Great writing that has given me an insight into how Boko Haram is structured .. From what I see Boko haram is not a ragtag force like we have been made to believe .. Its is a well trained militia dressed up in rags
he mentioned his insurgent source in d report; this goes to tell u the(writer) is from one of those countries that wanna see Nigeria go into war, put our military in badlight and working for boko haram.
The west is behind d problem steming frm bh.

1 Like

Re: Disturbing: B H Used Konduga Battle To Test Army Defences Around Maidugiri by Mclement: 11:29am On Sep 16, 2014
it is better to kill 80 out of 400 than not not to kill none of the murderers at all. GOd will protect our land

2 Likes

Re: Disturbing: B H Used Konduga Battle To Test Army Defences Around Maidugiri by signz: 11:49am On Sep 16, 2014
Let's be sincere, Boko Haram do not have such luxury of wasting over 100 lives just for testing the "microphone is working". They also don't have the luxury of dashing us their Shilka AAA gun.

Chad is already being hostile to them and so is Cameroon. Our military equipments have started arriving and soon we'll be on the offensive. Boko haram will be cornered and crushed. Their foreign mercenaries will abandon the fight and flee or they'll go back to guerilla warfare because there's no way in God's own earth will they defeat the NA in conventional warfare.

We should ve no fear for the Nigerian military will subdue these insurgents ruthlessly.

God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Disturbing: B H Used Konduga Battle To Test Army Defences Around Maidugiri by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 16, 2014
signz: Let's be sincere, Boko Haram do not have such luxury of wasting over 100 lives just for testing the "microphone is working". They also don't have the luxury of dashing us their Shilka AAA gun.

Chad is already being hostile to them and so is Cameroon. Our military equipments have started arriving and soon we'll be on the offensive. Boko haram will be cornered and crushed. Their foreign mercenaries will abandon the fight and flee or they'll go back to guerilla warfare because there's no way in God's own earth will they defeat the NA in conventional warfare.

We should ve no fear for the Nigerian military will subdue these insurgents ruthlessly.

God bless Nigeria

Close thread.

2 Likes

Re: Disturbing: B H Used Konduga Battle To Test Army Defences Around Maidugiri by dekronik: 12:07pm On Sep 16, 2014
What really bothers me from this article is the total lack of air support and ground reinforcements throughout this fight. How can a battle rage from about 4 AM to nearly 12 noon with no air support, no additional troops nothing. Boko boys sent reinforcements in batches to the area while we just left our boys and the C-JTF battling out. If there was air support all the fleeing insurgents would have been bombarded and killed by airstrikes as they made to flee konduga. Instead they were left to freely escape and repgroup. This is too bad. The Airforce need to wake up. Not just be throwing bombs at mountains and claim "bombardment of BH bases".
Re: Disturbing: B H Used Konduga Battle To Test Army Defences Around Maidugiri by KnowAll(m): 12:30pm On Sep 16, 2014
Nigeria has being turned into a banana republic, how come our armed forces can engage BH operatives for close to 9 hours without air support. What kind of stuuuupiiid nation is this?

Yet Mr President has 11 airplanes for his comfort. angry
Re: Disturbing: B H Used Konduga Battle To Test Army Defences Around Maidugiri by 4Play(m): 12:34pm On Sep 16, 2014
@OP

I have linked to Fulan's blog before as it does contain some inside information but his spin of the Boko Haram defeat in Konduga is just to put a positive face on a defeat.

A probing mission that leads to a slaughter, he even acknowledges Boko Haram sought reinforcements, is no probing mission. It's a rather laughable spin of events.

2 Likes

Re: Disturbing: B H Used Konduga Battle To Test Army Defences Around Maidugiri by cirmuell(m): 12:38pm On Sep 16, 2014
idupaul: The writer of the article is definitely an American military analyst , my question in whose interest is he working right now.. Great writing that has given me an insight into how Boko Haram is structured .. From what I see Boko haram is not a ragtag force like we have been made to believe .. Its is a well trained militia dressed up in rags
wow God bless you, it's written all over that article. The blog name is just a cover up, and even if the fulani dude is the real owner then he definitely have some heavy backings.
Re: Disturbing: B H Used Konduga Battle To Test Army Defences Around Maidugiri by meforyou1(m): 1:00pm On Sep 16, 2014
senseless fulani boko haram supporter
Re: Disturbing: B H Used Konduga Battle To Test Army Defences Around Maidugiri by emmanuel4758(m): 1:07pm On Sep 16, 2014
jmaine: All the Military needs is constant air surveillance capabilities armed with lethal cache of precision guided missiles , BH will be toast within days because their movement will be heavily restricted which will provide a leverage for the ground forces to entrap them in a siege . . . . .
a beg wetting you write above show picture how they look like
Re: Disturbing: B H Used Konduga Battle To Test Army Defences Around Maidugiri by idu1(m): 1:15pm On Sep 16, 2014
my bro na so....... They are of difficult menh.
Re: Disturbing: B H Used Konduga Battle To Test Army Defences Around Maidugiri by opportunist: 2:06pm On Sep 16, 2014
d only solution is bombing raids on sambisa
Re: Disturbing: B H Used Konduga Battle To Test Army Defences Around Maidugiri by 9ijaprince(m): 3:15pm On Sep 16, 2014
Nigeria is seriously at war, no doubt about it. the earlier we all know this the better. we are yet to unravel the forces behind these insurgents
Re: Disturbing: B H Used Konduga Battle To Test Army Defences Around Maidugiri by snthesis(m): 3:58pm On Sep 16, 2014
the point of the blog is obvious- mix fact with loads of fiction to create an element of doubt and fear to the Nigerian forces/populace.

1st question u may ask- what is the benefit of the Blog? to whose advantage is it ? it is also on the web( access to everybody)!!!
wen u answer these questions, you can now fully understand why it was setup
Re: Disturbing: B H Used Konduga Battle To Test Army Defences Around Maidugiri by komekn(m): 5:11pm On Sep 16, 2014
jmaine: Dude is a propaganda agent for BH . . . I have seen privileged videos of this insurgents looting attacked areas, and no where have they ever been more than over a hundred . . . .

All they do is launch a blitz attack from various angle at once with their heavy weaponries, using the element of surprise and shock to daze the unsuspecting army formation to submission . . .

It is very clear, that the attack on Konduga would have been a huge success if the NA weren't prepared . . . . .Forget about this Fulani sitrep guy trying to downplay the recent brutal loss of BH . . . . . .

If I am to stand on your proposition, then seeing that we have over 20,000 combatants alone in the NE possibly a lot more than Boko should effectively NO LONGER EXIST.

Recent events have seen 480 troops make a tactical retreat into Cameroon, Combatants abandoning their vehicles even the new ineffective Streit Spartan APC, Boko has now taken territory despite all the conflicting press releases from government it’s clear Boko have claimed territory.

We must wake up from our slumber face the hard facts stop politicising matters and stop believing our own propaganda. From failure we can plot our success, if we deny our failing we remain Failed

2 Likes

Re: Disturbing: B H Used Konduga Battle To Test Army Defences Around Maidugiri by jmaine: 6:09pm On Sep 16, 2014
komekn:

If I am to stand on your proposition, then seeing that we have over 20,000 combatants alone in the NE possibly a lot more than Boko should effectively NO LONGER EXIST.

Recent events have seen 480 troops make a tactical retreat into Cameroon, Combatants abandoning their vehicles even the new ineffective Streit Spartan APC, Boko has now taken territory despite all the conflicting press releases from government it’s clear Boko have claimed territory.

We must wake up from our slumber face the hard facts stop politicising matters and stop believing our own propaganda. From failure we can plot our success, if we deny our failing we remain Failed

Conflict rustiness, lack of military drills, and cowardice has been our undoing. Am talking of soldiers who literally faint at the mere sight of BH, also not forgetting the serious issue of moles in the Nigerian army. I used to believe the thousands stories until I saw the surveillance video of this guys actively looting the barracks. From Military sources, the fall of Demboa was moral crushing, cos they were the only military formation who actually sustained a strong resistance before they had to beat a retreat. And like I said earlier, the insurgents are always a step ahead for obvious reasons.

If you chose to also downplay BH bruising defeat at Konduga , then be my guest. Konduga feat was possible because BH ran into a highly prepared and motivated army formation. It is even rumoured that the revered commander named Amir is among the dead. Those guys came prepared but were marched fire for fire.
Re: Disturbing: B H Used Konduga Battle To Test Army Defences Around Maidugiri by komekn(m): 6:37pm On Sep 16, 2014
jmaine:

Conflict rustiness, lack of military drills, and cowardice has been our undoing. Am talking of soldiers who literally faint at the mere sight of BH, also not forgetting the serious issue of moles in the Nigerian army. I used to believe the thousands stories until I saw the surveillance video of this guys actively looting the barracks. From Military sources, the fall of Demboa was moral crushing, cos they were the only military formation who actually sustained a strong resistance before they had to beat a retreat. And like I said earlier, the insurgents are always a step ahead for obvious reasons.

If you chose to also downplay BH bruising defeat at Konduga , then be my guest. Konduga feat was possible because BH ran into a highly prepared and motivated army formation. It is even rumoured that the revered commander named Amir is among the dead. Those guys came prepared but were marched fire for fire.

I don't completely agree with you, I have been involved with NA in Nigeria and met quite a few in training in the UK, yes there are some who simply lack personal capacity but they are the minority. I have had a lot of involvement not anymore with British , American and German combatants 95% WILL NOT & CANNOT DO, COPE & OR CONTEND with what our very brave and Gallant soldiers contend with daily in the NE, I AM 100% CERTAIN.

Going to battle with 60 rounds, antiquated AK 47's, Soft skinned pickups (will refuse to leave the base camp), One meal a day (open mutiny), Non receipt of remuneration (C.O.will be sacked), No air support (Cameron will no longer be PM). Every soldier in the US Brit, German army has access to fit for purpose armoured vehicles, top class medical as well.

We don’t even have a dedicated Quality IFV in our armoury, we are using 1960’s T55, Rifles & LMG’s without optic sights, Dont seem to have .50 Cal Sniper rifles. The Cobra, MB-LT, even the new Streit Spartan is light armoured will be penetrated by 50cal. Fire a Boko technical will rip it to shreds. Finally if you get into a trouble in a fire fight you know there’s no back up, your own your own, OYO

When a born coward has the right weaponry even he becomes a brave man of valour

1 Like

Re: Disturbing: B H Used Konduga Battle To Test Army Defences Around Maidugiri by BlackBaron: 6:55pm On Sep 16, 2014
^^
Don't forget BH has also got similar weapon systems. Yet they're able to hold ground. It's more than meets the eyes.
Re: Disturbing: B H Used Konduga Battle To Test Army Defences Around Maidugiri by dekronik: 10:28am On Sep 17, 2014
nuclearboy: Fulan Nasrullahis a retired Major who acknowledges openly that he knows a lot of boko haram elements while claiming he doesn't support them!

Its funny that we claim BH won't disclose their sponsors YET also claim that the man who seems to get the best intelliegence about them and who also discloses motives, plans and strategies (which should be seen as plus for the military) is considered to be one of them! So, he's one of them and supports them but keeps giving Nigeria intelligence which can offer a means to defeat them? Please

This man (in my estimation) is doing on social media, what his younger brothers who make up the Civilian JTF are doing with their machetes and clubs - fighting BH! I think his no nonsense style which doesn't excitedly dance in support of the Army, comes from being a former officer - been there, seen that, done that all - so he's not excited like many of us! He should be taken seriously

Never knew he was a retired Major. Gues that explains why he knows so much about warfare.
Re: Disturbing: B H Used Konduga Battle To Test Army Defences Around Maidugiri by JuanDeDios: 10:29am On Sep 17, 2014
Spot on. But that guy doesn't sound American.
Re: Disturbing: B H Used Konduga Battle To Test Army Defences Around Maidugiri by nuclearboy(m): 11:38am On Sep 17, 2014
dekronik:

Never knew he was a retired Major. Gues that explains why he knows so much about warfare.

That's why we ought be more cautious about judging people! These people in the north are the ones loosing their farms, cattle and children to boko haram! Note that some of these children are told to go kill their own families to show allegiance; so why would they support such! They also travel down here and are reviled, insulted and treated as pariahs by other Nigerians (if the don't become refugees)

We have to sit and think and understand that the lure of religion isn't as strong as that of survival.

Again I say - I believe this man and personally feel his blog should be taken seriously and seen as a "help" toward ending this insurgency! Sadly, many people insulting him prefer the warfare to continue because they feel its vengeance for events of the past and so will not support this call

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pathetic: 16yrs Old Girl Impregnanted By Her Own Father / B.R.E.A.K.I.N.G.....Buhari Floors Jonathan In Borno State....premiumtimes / Buhari Administration And Matters Arising

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.