Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell (52871 Views)

7 English Words Nigerians Use Everyday Which Don't Exist. / 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary / 10 Words And Phrarses That Too Many People Say Incorrectly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by Komedy(m): 12:10am On Sep 17, 2014
MEILYN: Is that all you know? Lol
that's all ooo. Teach me more na
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by meshacha1: 12:11am On Sep 17, 2014
because u wan talk small u come dey occupy space
PoshGuy:

Good job mister!

1 Like

Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by GowonAbacha: 12:14am On Sep 17, 2014
fairheven:
Na so your own de do you?...dont forget to take your medication ,okey? cool
As in why this little girl dem they call farano ban me sef? E dey ur body, I nor know wetin u dey gain. No be sey dem dey pay u for the moderating service u dey render. Imagine the girl banning me for trolling and derailing. Nonsense.
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 17, 2014
emusmith: Can we have this "convo" again? If you don't mind...

Lol, of course, I don't mind
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by Nobody: 12:17am On Sep 17, 2014
MissMeiya:

Lol, of course, I don't mind
Are you on bbm?
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by Komedy(m): 12:18am On Sep 17, 2014
emusmith: Are you hearing me? WRONG. Of course he is. You only ask if he was deaf and you're praying for him to hear again.
Can you hear me? RIGHT!

How are you? I'm Fine isn't bad But the BEST RESPONSE IS ... Very Well, Thank you.
Nnna dis ur own don enter another level ooo,who get time to dey answer very well thank you,wen I can just say fine ooo

Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by GowonAbacha: 12:18am On Sep 17, 2014
emusmith: Are you on bbm?
This one dey find babe grin
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by Christmasdon(m): 12:21am On Sep 17, 2014
Ok. Let me add one. Chin-Chin and not Chim-Chim
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 17, 2014
GowonAbacha:
Laughing Uncontrollably... She is just a friend... "Wordsmitherers"...My name is right in the middle, Smith. cheesy
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by MEILYN(m): 12:23am On Sep 17, 2014
emusmith: Ok. I would really love to have this "convo" again...Your best friends brings out the best in you... cheesy
I was answering the question for MissMeiya. I am a Nigerian and I have never left the shores..
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by MEILYN(m): 12:25am On Sep 17, 2014
MissMeiya:

I wish I could think of a non-boring way to recommend for you. Just because I love grammar doesn't mean I don't know it's very dry lol.

Hmm... Just read a lot of quality books. That's the best way. But you have to be careful--make sure they are the kind of books that passed through a long editing process...

Foreign newspapers are a good way too.

You could join an email book club to encourage you to keep up the habit and learn how to analyze literature.

And whenever you have a question, Google it! I use Google all the time. I'm not perfect lol.
Thank you very much. It was nice chatting with you.

1 Like

Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by MEILYN(m): 12:25am On Sep 17, 2014
GowonAbacha:
Na bad thing?
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by Nobody: 12:25am On Sep 17, 2014
[quote author=Komedy][/quote] Laughing Helplessly... That's just another Trendy way of saying same thing...lol
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by GowonAbacha: 12:25am On Sep 17, 2014
emusmith: Laughing Uncontrollably... She is just a friend... "Wordsmitherers"...My name is right in the middle, Smith. cheesy
Ok
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by GowonAbacha: 12:27am On Sep 17, 2014
MEILYN: Na bad thing?
No na the manner the guy take approach na grin
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by Nobody: 12:29am On Sep 17, 2014
MEILYN: I was answering the question for MissMeiya. I am a Nigerian and I have never left the shores..
There's no difference. Maternally, I'm a Ghanaian. But, I reside here... As a Full citizen of my beloved country... in the voice of Sound Sultan# no matter where you dey, make you no forget area ooo#

1 Like

Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by Nobody: 12:30am On Sep 17, 2014
GowonAbacha:
lol
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by MEILYN(m): 12:35am On Sep 17, 2014
emusmith: There's no difference. Maternally, I'm a Ghanaian. But, I reside here... As a Full citizen of my beloved country... in the voice of Sound Sultan# no matter where you dey, make you no forget area ooo#
lol I love that song
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by MEILYN(m): 12:35am On Sep 17, 2014
GowonAbacha:
hahaha
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by Nobody: 12:35am On Sep 17, 2014
emusmith: There's no difference. Maternally, I'm a Ghanaian. But, I reside here... As a Full citizen of my beloved country... in the voice of Sound Sultan# no matter where you dey, make you no forget area ooo#
Who's that? lol
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by Nobody: 12:38am On Sep 17, 2014
MEILYN: lol I love that song
Yea, me too. It sends goose pimples all over my body...
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by Nobody: 12:41am On Sep 17, 2014
MissMeiya:

PM me. I just followed you
Okay grin
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by 4ormidable(m): 12:44am On Sep 17, 2014
Readers could be seen as good listeners.. #still reading..
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by Nobody: 12:47am On Sep 17, 2014
CFCfan:
Okay grin

Lol clown
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by bigfrancis21: 1:04am On Sep 17, 2014
I see these ones a lot on nairaland.

Live(to reside somewhere) and leave(act of going out of a place)

Belief(noun) and believe(verb)

1 Like

Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by glorex(m): 1:39am On Sep 17, 2014
expatiate not expanciate.
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by aliyuabbaashiru(m): 1:47am On Sep 17, 2014
2. “Defination.”There is no letter “a” in the spelling of that
word. Replace the “a” with an “i” to
have“definItion.”Related misspelled words
are“definAtely”instead of “definitely,”“definAte,” instead of
“definIte,” etc... How on dis planet would sum1'll spell definition *definaton*...hw pathetic....
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by miredia(m): 2:38am On Sep 17, 2014
mummyson26: driving license insteadof drivers license
Please kindly stop misleading people with your bogus jargons, as the latter is correct.
Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by miredia(m): 2:42am On Sep 17, 2014
gebest: My brother spear us d details, since we copy America system of Government, that is why we are equally copying their english and spellings e.g. The spelling of centre b4 is CENTRE but now is CENTER.
With that "spear" in your hands, I'd suggest we all start taking cover.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by chukxie(m): 2:54am On Sep 17, 2014
miredia: With that "spear" in your hands, I'd suggest we all start taking cover.

I'm reeling on the floor with laughter. Guy you bad ooo. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by miredia(m): 3:04am On Sep 17, 2014
MissMeiya: The Nigerian use of "take"

• "take tea"
• "take alcohol"
• "take cold water"

"To take" tea is an antiquated British short form of "partake". Outside of Nigeria, you will only ever hear it used in such a way among stuffy old British bluebloods. The usage for beverages other than tea, is uniquely Nigerian.

Instead, use:
• "drink tea"
• "drink alcohol"
• "drink cold water"

Ironically, "I don't take X with my Y." is perfectly acceptable universally.

Alcohol makes you drunk, not high. ("Highs" are for stimulant drugs. Alcohol is a depressant, or a "downer".)

1 Like

Re: 10 Words Nigerians Commonly Misspell by opylas(m): 3:20am On Sep 17, 2014
'Disflower' in the place of 'deflower'
'were' ...of 'where'

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Update On ASUU Meeting With Federal Government (pics) / Francis Otunta Accused Of impregnating Girlfriend & Graduating Her In 3rd Year / NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.