Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 (30949 Views)

South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD / See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia / Malawi, Congo, Bar South Africans From Entering Their Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by onitshaigbo(m): 11:51am On Sep 17, 2014
All you haters in this thread, do you value your life? Doubting The Prophet is doubting God. Insulting The Prophet is insulting God! God will surely punish you!

Only the braindead does not see that evil forces, the agents of the Devil are behind this tragedy. SCOAN will surely over this! The faithful should increase your contributions to The Prophet as this is a test from God!
Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 17, 2014
Kei144:

Not caused by a jet, neither by Boko Haram; but simply by the fact that the building was overburdened by construction of additional floors. This is the engineering assessment of the situation.

While TBJ is busy yarning trash with his boko haram attack dumb theory.

1 Like

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by Voicefilter: 11:59am On Sep 17, 2014
On the video it does not look like the aircraft hit the building. I believe the structure of the building was so weak that the sound of the aircraft rattled it to collapse. God help us all. If people perish even at a church then let drink myself to a stupor.
Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by nora544: 12:02pm On Sep 17, 2014
onitshaigbo: All you haters in this thread, do you value your life? Doubting The Prophet is doubting God. Insulting The Prophet is insulting God! God will surely punish you!

Only the braindead does not see that evil forces, the agents of the Devil are behind this tragedy. SCOAN will surely over this! The faithful should increase your contributions to The Prophet as this is a test from God!

Which Prophet you mean this pastor, please what you write is a disgrace for a real christian.

Why he didnot post any words on his facebook that he is with the families who lose a love ones there.

7 Likes

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 17, 2014
nora544:

Which Prophet you mean this pastor, please what you write is a disgrace for a real christian.

Why he didnot post any words on his facebook that he is with the families who lose a love ones there.

Think he's being sarcastic pal.

1 Like

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 17, 2014
DieVluit: Well, yeah, maybe. I also think it's gullible of them to do this. But look, they are still South Africans. And for that reason, we need to be with their families in spirit. That's what we do.
soilsista:
Ao bathong! Now is not the time to be saying such hle

I'm not sure what y'all expect me to say about people who worshipped a man more than God the creator.

Is God only in Nigeria and confined to a single man, that these individuals had no other alternative, but to travel across borders to seek Him?

5 Likes

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by costandi(m): 12:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
ggrin: Oma se o angryangry
Jesus saved the whole world from their sins, but couldnt save himself from the cross! Never comment on what you dont understand!!!

1 Like

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by DieVluit: 12:43pm On Sep 17, 2014
Motlalentoa:

I'm not sure what y'all expect me to say about people who worshipped a man more than God the creator.

Is God only in Nigeria and confined to a single man, that these individuals had no other alternative, but to travel across borders to seek Him?

I hear you there. I understand they were silly. But they are dead now. And they have friends and family who loved them. South African friends and family. That's why we are standing together. Surely if your family did something silly and died, you'd look for support too? Be South African. Be great.
Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by DieVluit: 12:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
Johannesburg - A team of South African experts in the identification of bodies and in search and rescue operations is scheduled to fly to Lagos on Wednesday, to complete the task of identifying the 67 South Africans killed when a church building collapsed in that city on Friday.

Officials said that the government would later fly relatives of those who died, to Lagos to help identify them.

And they said that the government's Joint Operations team - comprising security and disaster relief agencies - would meet on Wednesday to decide whether South Africa should send a full search and rescue team to help the Nigerian authorities.

On Tuesday a woman was brought out of the rubble of the building still alive and barely scathed so the chances of finding more survivors cannot be ruled out.

The Nigerian government has reassured Pretoria that it has the situation under control but South African diplomats on the ground in Lagos have told their head office that they are not so sure.

South African officials complained earlier on Tuesday that one of the reasons it was taking so long to determine if any South Africans had been killed or injured in the accident was that Nigerian authorities were not cooperating.

But it emerged last night that the mail culprit was the Synagogue Church of All Nations itself, and its leader, the self-styled prophet and faith healer TB Joshua.

The South African officials said that all the South Africans – like the hundreds of other foreign visitors to the church – had had to surrender their passports when they arrived there.

This made identification of bodies and nationalities more difficult than it should have been.

And the officials said that the church had at first refused to allow Nigerian rescue personnel onto the site after the building collapsed on Friday.

Joshua has been insinuating that the Nigerian Islamist terror group Boko Haram was behind the collapse but Nigerian disaster relief officials said the more likely cause was that construction workers were adding two extra storeys to the four storey building without reinforcing the foundations.

1 Like

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by soilsista(f): 12:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
Motlalentoa:

DieVluit:
I hear you there. I understand they were silly. But they are dead now. And they have friends and family who loved them. South African friends and family. That's why we are standing together. Surely if your family did something silly and died, you'd look for support too? Be South African. Be great.
DieVluit has answered you. E ba le pelo hle, this is actually heart-breaking
Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by Beey(f): 1:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
What kind of hold does this man have on people. You see am not Nigerian, am Kenyan-American but have watched enough clips on YouTube to make my judgement based on the Scriptures. I saw his portrait in Mandela's house & the late president of Ghana used to pay him visits.What.is it about him?All I know is that the Bible says "These signs and wonders shall follow them that believe. " In other words, signs & wonders follow the believer & not the believer chasing after signs and wonders.The tactic that the devil is using so much in the church is imitation. Anyone with fashion know-how can differentiate between real & imitation. Imitation is made to look like the real but if you check closely, you'll see a difference. GOod said that He'd let wheat & tare grow together till judgment day when the two shall be separated. May God help us not to fall into the terrible hands of "tares".Study your Bibles & you'll not be tossed about by every wind of doctrine.

2 Likes

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by Konquest: 1:26pm On Sep 17, 2014
chelseabmw: PRETORIA - South African President Jacob Zuma announced Tuesday that 67 South Africans died in a building collapse in Nigeria's financial capital Lagos.

"I am greatly saddened to announce that 67 South Africans died and scores of others sustained injuries, after a building at the Synagogue Church of All Nations collapsed on Friday," Zuma said in statement to the nation.

Rescuers say the church's hostel, which housed Nigerian and foreign followers of a popular preacher and televangelist, T.B. Joshua, had been overburdened by the construction of additional floors.

At least five South African church tour groups were at the Synagogue at the time of the collapse, according to officials.

The number of South African dead exceeds the previously known toll for the disaster, a grim signal that the number of fatalities may rise further.

Zuma said South Africa was grieving after the tragedy nearly a continent away.

"Not in the recent history of our country have we had this large number of our people die in one incident outside the country.

"Our thoughts are with the families, friends and colleagues that have lost their loved ones in this heart-breaking tragedy.

"The whole nation shares the pain of the mothers, fathers, daughters and sons who have lost their loved ones. We are all in grief."

Zuma said he had ordered government departments to help family members get to Nigeria to identify the bodies of their loved ones, and repatriate the remains as soon as possible.

http://www.enca.com/67-south-africans-killed-nigeria-church-collapse

http://www.iol.co.za/news/africa/67-south-africans-dead-in-nigeria-collapse-1.1751888

http://m.news24.com/news24/SouthAfrica/News/67-South-African-killed-in-Nigeria-church-collapse-20140916

http://m.mg.co.za/index.php?view=article&urlid=2014-09-16-zuma-67-south-africans-dead-in-nigeria-church-collapse#.VBkfNmrRZxs

@ ALL

I wish all the relatives the fortitude to bear the loss of their loved ones.[i][/i]

About 4 people also died in Ghana from a stampede at the branch of TB JOSHUA'S church in 2013 while
trying to grab their share of "HOLY WATER."

Look at TB Joshua saying that his illegal 6-storey building that collapsed was caused by an aeroplane - and then BH terrorist!
This building had NO approval and they have killed many South Africans and Nigerians for this negligence.

It's time for people to wake up and smell the coffee - the guy who "reportedly predicted" the crash of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
in the Indian Ocean cannot tell the exact location - and could NOT even give a hint about the impending plane crash!

2 Likes

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by tunai(m): 2:05pm On Sep 17, 2014
May be the previously announced figure of 47 was the number of dead Nigerians alone! and now other nationals are coming up
Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by Matigo: 2:09pm On Sep 17, 2014
All true prophets of God received various insults and rejections from the people yet did not turn against the people. Some were even killed yet their followers did not insult or curse the people. I mean for no error or faults on the part of the prophets o. But here we are- can you say same in this case? Why cant people air their grieviance whether justified or not. No one can bury the truth forever. He will be vindicated if his hands are clean so, no need to be on the defensive or abuse those who insinuate things.
onitshaigbo: All you haters in this thread, do you value your life? Doubting The Prophet is doubting God. Insulting The Prophet is insulting God! God will surely punish you!

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by morpheus24: 2:51pm On Sep 17, 2014
Warning to anyone with common sense.

STAY AWAY FROM NIGERIAN PASTORS!

Especially the ones in Nigeria.....

5 Likes

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by khattab02: 3:32pm On Sep 17, 2014
gladpresh: So sad......T.B said he was d target of d atak
so unfortunate... Abeg help me ask am,who tell am make he add more storeys?? Target of attack ni? Na Aim of attack..

Sorry for those who suffered the incident.

1 Like

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by delishpot: 4:43pm On Sep 17, 2014

Abegi go sidon for gutter. Why did God not include you in that test? How dare you mention Gods name in all these? You can claim and fight anyone that its not a mans fault but you have no fear to say its Gods fault? So you fear and respect the TB Joshua more than God? How dare you mention God in all of this? Did God tell you he decided to kill 60-70 people just to test you?
Shior, servant of Man.

1 Like

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by lolaxavier(m): 5:21pm On Sep 17, 2014

Seriously! There is someone like this on NL...Chai!!!

2 Likes

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by janvier27(m): 5:51pm On Sep 17, 2014
So sad. The truth is gradually coming, & from a foreign land. I sympathize with everyone including the prophet. But if we had more value for lives, we won't be covering up the no of casualties, & the prophet and his unbelievers would have been more sombre to identify with those who are mourning rather than giving some uncomprehensible and deceitful official statement.

1 Like

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by morpheus24: 8:30pm On Sep 17, 2014
janvier27: So sad. The truth is gradually coming, & from a foreign land. I sympathize with everyone including the prophet. But if we had more value for lives, we won't be covering up the no of casualties, & the prophet and his unbelievers would have been more sombre to identify with those who are mourning rather than giving some uncomprehensible and deceitful official statement.

Common sense tells you that 67 people have been confirmed as having travelled FROM SOUTH AFRICA for purposes of attending activities at the church/Synagogue, until all 67 have been confirmed as dead or missing, we cannot conclusively say that 67 SA died in the building collapse.

Shikena!

Ps. the minister is not a strong speaker, she was a little jittery in her responses.

[flash=400, 300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkbfrmY--3Y&list=UUI3RT5PGmdi1KVp9FG_CneA[/flash]
Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by touchmeder: 8:38pm On Sep 17, 2014
Those who are spiritually sound understand what is truly going on behind this rubble story.

RIP to the dead and my sincere condolence goes to the good people of South Africa not forgetting every other national involved in this senseless tragedy.
Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by morpheus24: 8:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
touchmeder: Those who are spiritually sound understand what is truly going on behind this rubble story.
RIP to the dead and my sincere condolence goes to the good people of South Africa not forgetting every other national involved in this senseless tragedy.

Yep. The invisible demon of destruction and desolation came down and detected that this particular building was constructed badly, figured this is the principalities opportunity to F*#K up TB Joshua and fell the building down with a huff and puff and blow your house in!

Eureka!

3 Likes

Re: Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 by DieVluit: 9:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
morpheus24:

Common sense tells you that 67 people have been confirmed as having travelled FROM SOUTH AFRICA for purposes of attending activities at the church/Synagogue, until all 67 have been confirmed as dead or missing, we cannot conclusively say that 67 SA died in the building collapse.

Shikena!

Ps. the minister is not a strong speaker, she was a little jittery in her responses.

[flash=400, 300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkbfrmY--3Y&list=UUI3RT5PGmdi1KVp9FG_CneA[/flash]

Perhaps she was, but she did get her message across. That's all we ask for at this time.

Yeah, the gvnt people did say 67 should be taken with a bit of caution although the info relied on was "reasonably" reliable, they said. We will find out what the situation in is once the SA rescue people get there tomorrow, I hope.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Heat Wave: Fire Errupts In Upminster, London / Ecuador Declares State Of Emergency As Narcotics Gang Leader Escapes From Prison / Las Vegas Concert Shooting: Death Toll Rises To 50, More Than 200 Injured - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.