Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Chivalry Is Dead…and Women Killed It - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Chivalry Is Dead…and Women Killed It (1853 Views)

You Want To Call Your Lover & Your Phone Is Dead... / President Of Nigerian Prostitutes, JessicaElvis Is Dead / Help!!! She Says She Will Marry Him If Only His Mother Is Dead! Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chivalry Is Dead…and Women Killed It by TheRealAdonye(m): 9:56am On Sep 17, 2014
By Amanda Rylee

Romeo and Juliet. Tristan and Iseult. Lancelot and Guinevere. Ramsey Nouah and Genevieve. Common factor- these men have proven time and again that they would die for their women if need be (although I can’t really vouch for the last couple, you know how deceptive Nollywood can be). They have slain dragons, and braved storms, and fought armies, and even drank poison to prove their love for the leading ladies in their lives. Over the years, chivalry evolved into being just that show of general courtesy-you know, when to a man, a woman’s a lady in every sense of the word. For men these days, chivalry is opening the door for a woman, getting up when a woman enters the room, giving up your place for a woman, the whole nine yards. I imagine men reading this saying in their minds,” for where?”

This concept is so foreign to men of this generation because of the simple fact that chivalry is dead. Deader than Attila the Hun. The sad part is that the women killed it. Ruthlessly. Thoughtlessly. Brutally. Now I imagine women around the world (I like to think) reading this and going, “Oh no, she didn’t!” I am indeed sorry to say, Yes I did.

Come now, think about it. Little by little, act after act, women methodically prove to the male folk that they are just not worth the bloody effort. I know there are a few good women out there, but just ask the guys, and they’ll tell you these women are like gold dust. They’re either in the convent or they’re married to assholes (who, by the way, can only be managed by the aforementioned few good women).

The women of this generation don’t offer any incentive for men to even be nice to them, talk less about exhibiting chivalry. I’m sure that at this juncture, feminists reading this will be filled with righteous indignation (why the hell do we need them to be nice to us, etc). But let’s face it, the world was a much more civilized place when women were ladies and men were…well, whatever they were. The concept of liberalism has created an allowance for all things previously deemed inappropriate and decadent. At the risk of coming across as a prude (which I am most assuredly not, I assure you with full assurance), I believe that I would have liked to exist in those days of knights and their ladies fair. Think of all the heavy lifting I would have avoided. All the noses I have been dying to bloody would have been taken care of by a misguided chivalrous fool with just some discreet, well-placed nudging on my part.

In those days, men would knock their own brother into next tuesday for even hinting at the intent to insult a woman. If you don’t believe it, refer to Benedick and Beatrice in Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing. In these women-wear-pants-too times, a man may meet his brother on top of his wife and the worst that will happen is that he may not speak to him for a weekend until they go to the family reunion and iron all their issues out. The innate respect that men have for women has been irrevocably stamped out by the antics of women. What man would waste the blood of a total stranger much less his brother over a slack-thighed woman (pardon my French) who didn’t even have the decency to have his dinner on the table before climbing into bed with the maiguard.

Why would any man respect a woman who would climb into bed with every Tom, Dick and Calistus, who he met when he picked her up in some bar? What man would respect a woman who dresses like Cinderella after her sisters had snatched all their accessories from her-shabby, worn and naked? How can any man respect a woman whose mouth is dirtier than a chimney sweep, a woman who could turn the air around her a ribald shade of blue with a handful of choice curse words? Show me that man and I will show you a transvestite feminist.

Women live by the principle of “Give a little, expect a lot”. They want men to be men and women to be whatever they want to be. But it is a simple case of action and reaction. Women demand incessantly to be treated as the equals of men. The part that they did not shout out loud is that this equal treatment is only feasible when it suits them. The same woman who goes nose-to-nose with her husband over equal rights in the kitchen suddenly becomes skittish when he raises his hand to hit her. If she’s his equal (as she has spent all this time reminding the poor thing), then both of them should be able to go, as equals, equally into a physical combat. But no. It suddenly occurs to her that it is cowardly for a man to hit a woman. If that’s not convenient, I don’t know what is.

Please Note:-
On Domestic violence.
Domestic violence is an issue that is personal to me, so i don’t take it lightly. I’m not making excuses for it. Far from it. I’m merely saying that if women realize enough to know that a man shouldn’t hit them, then they should not be plagued by selective principles.

There is a reason why men are created the way they are inside and out. They’re here to serve and protect their women, but to their utter astonishment, their women are no longer women (the servees and the protectees) but they have now evolved into this other creature which is a very convenient hybrid of man and woman characters, and which no one thought to inform the poor men of their existence. Left confused with these mutants (yes, I said it), they adapt the only way they know how-employ brand new relationship skills. Voila-and so we have the contemporary man-woman relationship.

And so, friends, my point is proven. Chivalry is dead, and women killed it.

Source

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chivalry Is Dead…and Women Killed It by makazona(m): 10:47am On Sep 17, 2014
gd.
Re: Chivalry Is Dead…and Women Killed It by yorex2011: 11:41am On Sep 17, 2014
Nothing concern naija babes with chivalry
Re: Chivalry Is Dead…and Women Killed It by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 17, 2014
yorex2011: Nothing concern naija babes with chivalry

Money has replaced Chivalry..
Re: Chivalry Is Dead…and Women Killed It by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 17, 2014
didn't read d article but........RIP chivalry......he was a very nice man, a woman just killed him 4 nothing. was she his wife?

1 Like

Re: Chivalry Is Dead…and Women Killed It by tolutweety(m): 4:39pm On Sep 17, 2014
dicefrost: didn't read d article but........RIP chivalry......he was a very nice man, a woman just killed him 4 nothing. was she is wife?

grin grin grin grin grin

Great piece thou !
Re: Chivalry Is Dead…and Women Killed It by stevebond007(m): 5:00pm On Sep 17, 2014
Did you just watch Dave Chapelles' standup comedy?
Re: Chivalry Is Dead…and Women Killed It by jasperkrekre(m): 5:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
TheRealAdonye:

Source
excellent write up
Re: Chivalry Is Dead…and Women Killed It by maajin007(m): 10:41pm On Sep 17, 2014
Bro May God bless you;I wish this can be edited and post in a newspaper so that this our yeye ladies go see am.Imagine in Nysc camp dis stupid official clamour 'wat a man can do a woman can do it better' and is still dis funny officials DAT will move a lady from d back to d front in a queue.I now start to correlate d statement made by d official and d action carried out.Since den DAT stupid statement annoys me .Anytime I hear that statement(wat a man can do a woman can do it better) is akin to someone just give me a blow and instantly I dislike d person or d person is to me like a fool perhaps a joker or a liar or someone with a low I.Q

2 Likes

Re: Chivalry Is Dead…and Women Killed It by agrovick(m): 10:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
And the women have conveniently ignored this thread
Re: Chivalry Is Dead…and Women Killed It by 1one: 11:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
This is an amazing article.. Very brilliant... Very brilliantly written.

A Carton of fayrouz to the OP for sharing this here. grin

I learnt some new words too

-Ribald
-Skittish
Re: Chivalry Is Dead…and Women Killed It by TheRealAdonye(m): 10:05am On Sep 18, 2014
How did you know I love Fayrouz? (esp. Pineapple).. Thanks..

1one: This is an amazing article.. Very brilliant... Very brilliantly written.

A Carton of fayrouz to the OP for sharing this here. grin

I learnt some new words too

-Ribald
-Skittish

Re: Chivalry Is Dead…and Women Killed It by TheRealAdonye(m): 10:07am On Sep 18, 2014
You might need to invite them..
By the way, this isn't intended to be a women bashing thread though..

agrovick: And the women have conveniently ignored this thread
Re: Chivalry Is Dead…and Women Killed It by 1one: 10:32am On Sep 18, 2014
TheRealAdonye: How did you know I love Fayrouz? (esp. Pineapple).. Thanks..

I'm psychic like that... grin

You're welcome cool
Re: Chivalry Is Dead…and Women Killed It by lawrenceunaa: 12:02pm On Sep 18, 2014
obituary

This is to announce that:
Mr chivalry who was dislike by bi*why ladies is dead but his manhood lives on cheesy

He survived by, the nice guys and ladies

Dispised by nigeria ladies who preferred money tongue

1 Like

Re: Chivalry Is Dead…and Women Killed It by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 18, 2014
Regrettably I cannot help but side with the men on this, though a woman I am. Modernization that suppose to improve our lifestyle has somewhat ruined it. Not out of its own accord but out of our lack of discernment.

We are all witnesses to how our folks marriage(s) lasted devoid of seperation or divorce and we knew the secret - respect and tolerance. Love may not necessarily play a role but the woman right from home watching her mother knows that her submission lies with the man and conversely the man knows that it's his obligation to treat the woman right. And the result was obvious. Majority of us came from a real family not a fragmented one born out of divorce and separation. Reports has shown that one out of ten marriages fail before it hits a year anniversary. Others that managed to stem the tide of crash for some years only to push out to the society and the world at large later on frustrated offsprings who in turn makes the society uninhabitable for us.
All these are avoidable only if our modern world hasn't thrown all courtesy to the wind following the advent of the so-called women liberation. Only if women in their vain pursuit to supremacy hadn't realize that whatever the man can do, they'll even be better at it. These fronts are what gradually eroded values and the man began to see the woman no longer as a weaker vessel as the creator made her but as competitors.

It surprises me whenever women cry hue over the treatment they receive from their male counterparts when they themselves are not ready to accord them the necessary right that were divinely given them.

STOP trying hard to compete with men in an unhealthy way and you'll see that their God given dignity which your action has continuously bruised all these years would be intact and they'll be anything but callous to you. Not that all men would respond favourably but I guarantee you majority would.
Learn to identify what worked for your folks I tell you it will work for you. And honour God by keeping His commandments..

NB: You are not entirely on the right cos you can choose to be a gentleman whether or not your masculinity is put into question by the action of the women folk.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chivalry Is Dead…and Women Killed It by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 18, 2014
Chivalry isn't dead in any way and women didn't destroy anything. . There are still guys that respect woman, open doors for them, pull out seats etcc

Just that guys with fragile ego/low self esteem think they lose some form of respect by doing that....

Ladies, try and mingle with real guys smiley smiley
Re: Chivalry Is Dead…and Women Killed It by TheRealAdonye(m): 1:18pm On Sep 18, 2014
I kind of agree.. By the way, long time.. Let me shoot you a mail real quick..

MarvellousGod: Chivalry isn't dead in any way and women didn't destroy anything. . There are still guys that respect woman, open doors for them, pull out seats etcc

Just that guys with fragile ego/low self esteem think they lose some form of respect by doing that....

Ladies, try and mingle with real guys smiley smiley
Re: Chivalry Is Dead…and Women Killed It by Tymax(m): 1:24pm On Sep 18, 2014
lawrenceunaa: obituary

This is to announce that:
Mr chivalry who was dislike by bi*why ladies is dead but his manhood lives on cheesy

He survived by, the nice guys and ladies

Dispised by nigeria ladies who preferred money tongue
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Chivalry Is Dead…and Women Killed It by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
TheRealAdonye: I kind of agree.. By the way, long time.. Let me shoot you a mail real quick..

you must agree, no be kinda cheesy cheesy cool

Waiting smiley
Re: Chivalry Is Dead…and Women Killed It by agrovick(m): 3:45pm On Sep 18, 2014
TheRealAdonye: You might need to invite them..
By the way, this isn't intended to be a women bashing thread though..

no bashing intended, i only desire a situation where we can jaw jaw on the issue u raised

(1) (Reply)

WHY WOMEN DON'T DATE NICE GUYS!! (why Nice Guys" Often Finish Last) / Wat Do U Need To Keep A Man/lady? A Killer Figure 8 Shape, Love Or Money? / Swag Or Class Which Is Preferred For Both Gender?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.