Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

WHY WOMEN DON'T DATE NICE GUYS!! (why Nice Guys" Often Finish Last) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / WHY WOMEN DON'T DATE NICE GUYS!! (why Nice Guys" Often Finish Last) (1852 Views)

10 Statements Nigerian Guys Often Use To Justify "Womanizing" As A Rightful Act / 10 Things Broke Guys Often Say / Why Women Do Not Date Nice Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WHY WOMEN DON'T DATE NICE GUYS!! (why Nice Guys" Often Finish Last) by Eljay24(m): 5:43am On Nov 28, 2014
You hear it all the time: "He was such a NICE Guy, and she's Heartless for dumping him."

If you have one bad relationship after another, the only common denominator is YOU. Think about it.

SO WHY DON'T LADIES LIKE NICE GUYS

PART 1

Hideous Insecurity
What's wrong with Nice Guys? The biggest problem is that most Nice Guys are hideously insecure. They are so anxious to be liked and loved that they do things for other people to gain acceptance and attention, rather than for the simply pleasure of giving. You never know if a Nice Guy really likes you for who you are, or if he has glimmered onto you out of desperation because you actually paid some kind of attention to him.

Nice guys are a big red target for the predators of the world. There are women out there who are "users" -- just looking for a sucker to take advantage of. Users home-in on "Nice Guys", stroke their egos, take them for a ride, add a notch to their belts, and move on. It's no wonder so many Nice Guys complain about women being horrible. ..

Nice Guys go overboard.
They bring roses to a "lets get together for coffee" date (Oyibo setting that is to say). wink
They try to buy her affections with presents and fancy things. They think they know about romance, but their timing is all wrong, and they either COME-on too strong, too hard and too fast, shocked OR, they are so shy and unassertive, that they hang around pretending to be "friends", in the hope that somehow, someway, they will get the courage up to ask her out for a "date".

They are so desperate to please that they put aside their own needs, and place the object of their desire on a pedestal. Instead of appreciating her, they worship her.

Clingy
They cling to her, and want to be "one" with her for fear that if she is out of sight, she may disappear or become attracted to someone else. A Nice Guy often has trouble with emotional intimacy, because he believes that if she learns about the REAL person inside, she will no longer love him. cry

Nice Guys are always asking HER to make the decisions. They think it's being equitable, but it puts an unfair burden of responsibility on her, and gives him the opportunity to blame her if the decision was an unwise one.

Fear of Conflict
Nice Guys rarely speak up when something bothers them, and rarely state clearly what it is they want, need and expect. They fear that any kind of conflict might spell the end of the relationship. Instead of compromising and negotiating, they repeatedly "give in". When she doesn't appreciate their sacrifice, they will complain that, "Everything I did, I did for her.", as if this somehow elevates them to the status of martyrs. undecided

A woman doesn't want a martyr. She wants an equal, caring, adult partner.

Self Esteem
Nice Guys think that they will never meet anyone as special as she is. They use their adoration as a foundation for claiming that "no one will ever love her as much as I do." shocked
Instead of being a profound statement of their devotion, this is a subtle, but nasty insult. It is akin to saying to her: "You are a difficult person, and only *I* can ever truly love you, so be thankful I'm here."

Too Clingy
More than loving the woman in his life, a Nice Guy believes he NEEDS her. "She is my Life, my only source of happiness..." YECH! shocked What kind of a burden is that to place on her? That SHE has to be responsible for YOUR happiness? Get a grip!

Long Story Short
The nice guy -needs- to believe that he is the best person for the object of his desires, because otherwise his insecurities will overrun him with jealousies and fear. The truth of the matter is that there are many people out there who can be a good match for her. We rarely stop loving people we truly care about. Even if we no longer continue the relationship, the feelings will continue... But love isn't mutually exclusive. We can (and do) love many people in our lives, and romantic love is really no different. Though he may love her immensely, there will likely be other people who have loved her just as much in her past, and will love her just as much in the future. The irony of it all is: "Who would want to go out with someone who was inherently unlovable anyways?"

This ultimately boils down to the fact that Nice Guys don't like themselves. Is it any wonder women don't like them? In order to truly love someone else, you must first love yourself Too often Nice Guys mistake obsession for "love".

In a nutshell: Self-confident, caring, decent-hearted women find "Nice Guys" to be too clingy, self-abasing, and insecure.

Get this: INSECURITY ISN'T SEXY. IT'S A TURNOFF. cool

You don't have to be an ego-inflated, arrogant jerk. You just have to LIKE yourself. You have to know what you want out of life, and go after it. Only then will you be attractive to the kind of woman with whom a long-term relationship is possible.

You might say there are numerous disadvantages to been nice to ladies, well nobody is saying you should stop been nice, but if you are going to be nice do it because you really want to, not because you are expecting something in return"

. ... Part2 Loading

#Updated . .. so due to lack of Funds we cancelled the sequel grin

2 Likes

Re: WHY WOMEN DON'T DATE NICE GUYS!! (why Nice Guys" Often Finish Last) by Glocee(f): 5:49am On Nov 28, 2014
Can this be true?!
Re: WHY WOMEN DON'T DATE NICE GUYS!! (why Nice Guys" Often Finish Last) by Wisegeek01(m): 5:49am On Nov 28, 2014
Nice Read !! Space Booked " wink

1 Like

Re: WHY WOMEN DON'T DATE NICE GUYS!! (why Nice Guys" Often Finish Last) by Nobody: 5:53am On Nov 28, 2014
noted
Re: WHY WOMEN DON'T DATE NICE GUYS!! (why Nice Guys" Often Finish Last) by coolebux(m): 6:01am On Nov 28, 2014
It never stopped me being the Nice Guy that I am.

2 Likes

Re: WHY WOMEN DON'T DATE NICE GUYS!! (why Nice Guys" Often Finish Last) by makazona(m): 6:09am On Nov 28, 2014
the world is always against everything nice.

so its a bad thing to be nice and a good thing to be bad eh?

1 Like

Re: WHY WOMEN DON'T DATE NICE GUYS!! (why Nice Guys" Often Finish Last) by Nobody: 6:19am On Nov 28, 2014
Every body don they make there own list

Nawa o
Re: WHY WOMEN DON'T DATE NICE GUYS!! (why Nice Guys" Often Finish Last) by Chanchit: 6:31am On Nov 28, 2014
Well, no need stressing myself. I'm not nice anyway!
Re: WHY WOMEN DON'T DATE NICE GUYS!! (why Nice Guys" Often Finish Last) by Seanixking: 6:32am On Nov 28, 2014
Go make money And everyoda thing shall be added unto u matt 7vs7....

#Dosent matter if u are a mr nice guy or not,as far as u chase some money and do wat is ryt...ladiez will alway wanna roll wit u and giggle lyk a teenager whu just lost her virginity.
Re: WHY WOMEN DON'T DATE NICE GUYS!! (why Nice Guys" Often Finish Last) by virginboy1(m): 6:34am On Nov 28, 2014
When I was nice and broke they always fixed me on their friendzone list.
Now that i have small small cash flowing and a nice prospect.I have made their dating zone.cheesy
Re: WHY WOMEN DON'T DATE NICE GUYS!! (why Nice Guys" Often Finish Last) by luvlyoracle(m): 6:40am On Nov 28, 2014
sad
Re: WHY WOMEN DON'T DATE NICE GUYS!! (why Nice Guys" Often Finish Last) by chibwike(m): 6:59am On Nov 28, 2014
Recycled topic
Re: WHY WOMEN DON'T DATE NICE GUYS!! (why Nice Guys" Often Finish Last) by kelvinmuffins3(m): 7:01am On Nov 28, 2014
Hmm mm
Re: WHY WOMEN DON'T DATE NICE GUYS!! (why Nice Guys" Often Finish Last) by chimerase2: 7:16am On Nov 28, 2014
I was too nice with ma EX
So I gat change
Re: WHY WOMEN DON'T DATE NICE GUYS!! (why Nice Guys" Often Finish Last) by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 28, 2014
Bad guys all d way
Re: WHY WOMEN DON'T DATE NICE GUYS!! (why Nice Guys" Often Finish Last) by carlos1(m): 1:29pm On Nov 28, 2014
virginboy1:
When I was nice and broke they always fixed me on their friendzone list.
Now that i have small small cash flowing and a nice prospect.I have made their dating zone.cheesy

Sorry bro, they just love ur money. Try forming broke and c wat will happen.

1 Like

Re: WHY WOMEN DON'T DATE NICE GUYS!! (why Nice Guys" Often Finish Last) by Nonnyl(m): 3:25pm On Nov 28, 2014
Can't even remember the last time I was nice.
Re: WHY WOMEN DON'T DATE NICE GUYS!! (why Nice Guys" Often Finish Last) by virginboy1(m): 8:45am On Nov 29, 2014
carlos1:

Sorry bro, they just love ur money. Try forming broke and c wat will happen.
nah, i know those that love my little cash and those that love me for my personality.
It's depends on how I use my intuition.cheesy
Re: WHY WOMEN DON'T DATE NICE GUYS!! (why Nice Guys" Often Finish Last) by FLAWLES(f): 9:08am On Nov 29, 2014
Part5
Re: WHY WOMEN DON'T DATE NICE GUYS!! (why Nice Guys" Often Finish Last) by Wisegeek01(m): 12:28pm On Nov 29, 2014
FLAWLES:
Part5

D guy don cancel d film o oo " Hehehe
grin
Re: WHY WOMEN DON'T DATE NICE GUYS!! (why Nice Guys" Often Finish Last) by MisterLongman(m): 12:56pm On Nov 29, 2014
Fallacy of hasty generalization
Re: WHY WOMEN DON'T DATE NICE GUYS!! (why Nice Guys" Often Finish Last) by fejikudz(m): 1:45pm On Nov 29, 2014
so true
Re: WHY WOMEN DON'T DATE NICE GUYS!! (why Nice Guys" Often Finish Last) by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 29, 2014
Just be a Gee cool. A balance between a bad and good guy. Nothing like nice in our dictionary cheesy
Re: WHY WOMEN DON'T DATE NICE GUYS!! (why Nice Guys" Often Finish Last) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 29, 2014
All these generalisations are what will push people to what they fear most. Who told u ladies dnt cheat on guys that are not nice? Who told u that all nice guys are not confident and are clingy? Are u trying to say nice guys remain single for life? So they dnt marry? The word 'NICE' has been bastardized too much. No wonder guys loose their girlfriends to real men after forming 'badt' guy. They will now come to nairaland and lament.
Re: WHY WOMEN DON'T DATE NICE GUYS!! (why Nice Guys" Often Finish Last) by 2special(m): 8:16pm On Jan 14, 2015
noted!
Re: WHY WOMEN DON'T DATE NICE GUYS!! (why Nice Guys" Often Finish Last) by MrCork: 8:18pm On Jan 14, 2015
Eljay24:
You hear it all the time: "He was such a NICE Guy, and she's Heartless for dumping him."

If you have one bad relationship after another, the only common denominator is YOU. Think about it.

PART 1

Hideous Insecurity
What's wrong with Nice Guys? The biggest problem is that most Nice Guys are hideously insecure. They are so anxious to be liked and loved that they do things for other people to gain acceptance and attention, rather than for the simply pleasure of giving. You never know if a Nice Guy really likes you for who you are, or if he has glimmered onto you out of desperation because you actually paid some kind of attention to him.

Nice guys are a big red target for the predators of the world. There are women out there who are "users" -- just looking for a sucker to take advantage of. Users home-in on "Nice Guys", stroke their egos, take them for a ride, add a notch to their belts, and move on. It's no wonder so many Nice Guys complain about women being horrible. ..

Nice Guys go overboard.
They bring roses to a "lets get together for coffee" date (Oyibo setting that is to say). wink
They try to buy her affections with presents and fancy things. They think they know about romance, but their timing is all wrong, and they either COME-on too strong, too hard and too fast, shocked OR, they are so shy and unassertive, that they hang around pretending to be "friends", in the hope that somehow, someway, they will get the courage up to ask her out for a "date".

They are so desperate to please that they put aside their own needs, and place the object of their desire on a pedestal. Instead of appreciating her, they worship her.

Clingy
They cling to her, and want to be "one" with her for fear that if she is out of sight, she may disappear or become attracted to someone else. A Nice Guy often has trouble with emotional intimacy, because he believes that if she learns about the REAL person inside, she will no longer love him. cry

Nice Guys are always asking HER to make the decisions. They think it's being equitable, but it puts an unfair burden of responsibility on her, and gives him the opportunity to blame her if the decision was an unwise one.

Fear of Conflict
Nice Guys rarely speak up when something bothers them, and rarely state clearly what it is they want, need and expect. They fear that any kind of conflict might spell the end of the relationship. Instead of compromising and negotiating, they repeatedly "give in". When she doesn't appreciate their sacrifice, they will complain that, "Everything I did, I did for her.", as if this somehow elevates them to the status of martyrs. undecided

Self Esteem
Nice Guys think that they will never meet anyone as special as she is. They use their adoration as a foundation for claiming that "no one will ever love her as much as I do." shocked
Instead of being a profound statement of their devotion, this is a subtle, but nasty insult. It is akin to saying to her: "You are a difficult person, and only *I* can ever truly love you, so be thankful I'm here."

Too Clingy
More than loving the woman in his life, a Nice Guy believes he NEEDS her. "She is my Life, my only source of happiness..." YECH! shocked What kind of a burden is that to place on her? That SHE has to be responsible for YOUR happiness? Get a grip!

Long Story Short
The nice guy -needs- to believe that he is the best person for the object of his desires, because otherwise his insecurities will overrun him with jealousies and fear. The truth of the matter is that there are many people out there who can be a good match for her. We rarely stop loving people we truly care about. Even if we no longer continue the relationship, the feelings will continue... But love isn't mutually exclusive. We can (and do) love many people in our lives, and romantic love is really no different. Though he may love her immensely, there will likely be other people who have loved her just as much in her past, and will love her just as much in the future. The irony of it all is: "Who would want to go out with someone who was inherently unlovable anyways?"

This ultimately boils down to the fact that Nice Guys don't like themselves. Is it any wonder women don't like them? In order to truly love someone else, you must first love yourself Too often Nice Guys mistake obsession for "love".

In a nutshell: Self-confident, caring, decent-hearted women find "Nice Guys" to be too clingy, self-abasing, and insecure.

You don't have to be an ego-inflated, arrogant jerk. You just have to LIKE yourself. You have to know what you want out of life, and go after it. Only then will you be attractive to the kind of woman with whom a long-term relationship is possible.

You might say there are numerous disadvantages to been nice to ladies, well nobody is saying you should stop been nice, but if you are going to be nice do it because you really want to, not because you are expecting something in return"

. ... Part2 Loading

angry

1 Like

Re: WHY WOMEN DON'T DATE NICE GUYS!! (why Nice Guys" Often Finish Last) by MrCork: 8:21pm On Jan 14, 2015
Eljay24:

PART 1

Hideous Insecurity

Nice Guys go overboard.

Clingy

Fear of Conflict

Self Esteem

Too Clingy

Long Story Short

. ... Part2 Loading

....ok...so u sayn u can't get punny coz u a nice guy?... Abi?...and hen u sayn u lack fund. So u think its ok for women to date nice guys that r broke?...we confused! (no oofense) . angry

1 Like

Re: WHY WOMEN DON'T DATE NICE GUYS!! (why Nice Guys" Often Finish Last) by badassProdigy(m): 8:55pm On Jan 14, 2015
i see

(1) (Reply)

Can A Girl Live Without Lying? By Man Of List / Five Lies Every Nigerian Has Told In 2015. / Be Yourself Or Be A Shadow Of Who You Want To Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.