Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,434 members, 7,836,739 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Which Nigerian Governor Is Going To Jail Next? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Nigerian Governor Is Going To Jail Next? (2302 Views)

A Nigerian Governor Declared Mentally Ill. / Tony Blair At The Nigerian Governor's Forum In Abuja - Photos / Nigerian Governor's Wives (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian Governor Is Going To Jail Next? by davo3286: 12:23am On Sep 18, 2014
MadCow1:

Lol..

You want to lock him up for building a 21st century rail system in Rivers State?!

21st century indeed! angry
Re: Which Nigerian Governor Is Going To Jail Next? by davo3286: 12:24am On Sep 18, 2014
MadCow1:

E no better pass Odili wey take loan to do nothing?!

Abeg leave that Monorail matter o!! That for me ranks amongst his greatest achievements..

...greatest achievements indeed! angry
Re: Which Nigerian Governor Is Going To Jail Next? by Nobody: 12:45am On Sep 18, 2014
studio14: none of us is satisfied by any government even people in america are fed up, so what do we need? God's Kingdom the only solution to mankind's woes.

Why do I hav d feeling dat u are a jehovah's witness...aka nkoro nsanga?

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Governor Is Going To Jail Next? by MadCow1: 7:58am On Sep 18, 2014
davo3286:

...greatest achievements indeed! angry

I sure say when Diete Spiff been build point block and podium block in the 70's, Niggas were talking shiit.. Today, it stands as a testament to his foresight.. Nobody has still surpassed that..

Enter plane travel and call any mega city u know in the world wey no get monoraill..

Pfft..
Re: Which Nigerian Governor Is Going To Jail Next? by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 18, 2014
MadCow1:

I sure say when Diete Spiff been build point block and podium block in the 70's, Niggas were talking shiit.. Today, it stands as a testament to his foresight.. Nobody has still surpassed that..

Enter plane travel and call any mega city u know in the world wey no get monoraill..

Pfft..

Bros I admire ur zeal. But d mega cities like paris and d rest, dem bin use $1 billion take build 200 metre long monorail abi? I laff in calabari!cheesy

D monorail idea is good but d 200 metre distance and d 100 billion makes it a waste. I think port harcourt monorail shd be among d shortest mono rails in the world. Dont u think so?
Re: Which Nigerian Governor Is Going To Jail Next? by MadCow1: 9:08am On Sep 18, 2014
obongproff:

Bros I admire ur zeal. But d mega cities like paris and d rest, dem bin use $1 billion take build 200 metre long monorail abi? I laff in calabari!cheesy

D monorail idea is good but d 200 metre distance and d 100 billion makes it a waste. I think port harcourt monorail shd be among d shortest mono rails in the world. Dont u think so?

Yes it currently is..

The huge price tag on the project was spent mostly on compensation for the demolition of buildings that had to be seized to gain right of passage.. that is just phase 1.. the entire project runs from. Lagos bustop to Obigbo.. now if the subsequent governments take it upon themselves to put in atleast 5km before they leave, we would get to the end soon..

Have you wondered where that monorail would pass through in places like Rumuola? With that useless odili flyover there..

Port Harcourt would definitely appreciate this project much later. Atleast the ground work has been done. That's why Greater Port harcourt axis have large spaces left for utility lines (gas water and electricity), trains and bus lanes.. the planning there is in line with the future.. the current port harcourt was not properly planned at all and that's what Amaechi is trying to fix at an unnecessarily huge cost..

You think the current monorail is all that there is to it? No.. I saw the blue print and was wowed.. the Second Monorail goes from Mile One to the Airport and then later Elele..

I hope the federal government has provided for same on the Ogoni - Uyo express way cos soon that place would need one
Re: Which Nigerian Governor Is Going To Jail Next? by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 18, 2014
MadCow1:

Yes it currently is..

The huge price tag on the project was spent mostly on compensation for the demolition of buildings that had to be seized to gain right of passage.. that is just phase 1.. the entire project runs from. Lagos bustop to Obigbo.. now if the subsequent governments take it upon themselves to put in atleast 5km before they leave, we would get to the end soon..

Have you wondered where that monorail would pass through in places like Rumuola? With that useless odili flyover there..

Port Harcourt would definitely appreciate this project much later. Atleast the ground work has been done. That's why Greater Port harcourt axis have large spaces left for utility lines (gas water and electricity), trains and bus lanes.. the planning there is in line with the future.. the current port harcourt was not properly planned at all and that's what Amaechi is trying to fix at an unnecessarily huge cost..

You think the current monorail is all that there is to it? No.. I saw the blue print and was wowed.. the Second Monorail goes from Mile One to the Airport and then later Elele..

I hope the federal government has provided for same on the Ogoni - Uyo express way cos soon that place would need one

If what u say is true den kudos to Amaechi for that.

Howeva it also proves my point dat our leaders are just too dumb for my liking. If to say dem get sense, dem for know say day can actually run dat monorail from town to obigbo and complete it within 4yrs. And d money wasted on compensation for demotion wdnt be dat much, instead day wd hav just built houses and offices in anoda area and den relocate the people with little compensation. E for even good for dem sef becos na old skool, brown roof houses way full dia.

Good idea + poor thinking = Waste! Waste! Waste.

Der is a governor somwia going to build a school in chad. And d punk wants to rule naija! Chai! Waste! Waste! Waste!

Well, I forgot d Wastage is d second name for d nigerian government. Make dem flex, na dia time. cheesy
Re: Which Nigerian Governor Is Going To Jail Next? by MadCow1: 11:44am On Sep 18, 2014
obongproff:

If what u say is true den kudos to Amaechi for that.

Howeva it also proves my point dat our leaders are just too dumb for my liking. If to say dem get sense, dem for know say day can actually run dat monorail from town to obigbo and complete it within 4yrs. And d money wasted on compensation for demotion wdnt be dat much, instead day wd hav just built houses and offices in anoda area and den relocate the people with little compensation. E for even good for dem sef becos na old skool, brown roof houses way full dia.

Good idea + poor thinking = Waste! Waste! Waste.

Der is a governor somwia going to build a school in chad. And d punk wants to rule naija! Chai! Waste! Waste! Waste!

Well, I forgot d Wastage is d second name for d nigerian government. Make dem flex, na dia time. cheesy

[b]Unfortunately:: Issues regarding claims is not within the governments jurisdiction but for the Courts.

The people to be blamed are the Founding fathers of RIvers State who didnt see the future that RIvers State is fast approaching now. God Bless Apkabio of Akwa Ibom state cos most of his current works have factored in future developments that are over 50years away.

The Government can build new offices anywhere they want, but to relocate a Man from his property, YOU MUST PAY HIM COMPENSATION both for the Value of his property (at current Market rates) and for the inconvience of resettling. The negotiation process alone takes forever.. The cost of these compensations are Ernomous. If there were areas provided for this train from before, the cost of this project would have been significantly lower..

And 4 years to complete the Monorail is simply IMPOSSIBLE.. First of all, the cost of doing such would be financially crippling for the Rivers State government. It would mean abandoning all other sectors of government including salaries to face just the Monorail. Thats not prudent at all.. Secondly, it would ba a nightmare in terms of distabilizing the state.. They would block off the entire stretch of Highway from Mileone flyover to Obigbo.. People would sleep in traffic for days. grin

Amaechi was very brilliant with what he did.. The first phase was a gamble that I know would pay off.. The second phase would now be left to another bold Government to take on.

Below is a Picture of Lagos State Governments own..

[img]http://dilemmaxdotnet.files./2013/01/lagos-light-rail.jpg[/img]

[img]http://dilemmaxdotnet.files./2013/01/lagos-light-rail-24.jpg[/img]

[img]http://dilemmaxdotnet.files./2013/01/lagos-light-rail-21.jpg[/img]

If you enter Apapa and see this thing live, you would be proud to be a Nigerian.

This is the next level in urban transportation in Africa. Enuough with the Ramshakle Molue and Danfo buses.. Every route covered by the rail would not be plyed by commercial buses.

This is a phased Project. The Government that would build the rail from Port-Harcourt Airport to Elele/Omerelu would definitely mention AMaechis name for his forsight in creating a route for it today. [/b]
Re: Which Nigerian Governor Is Going To Jail Next? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 18, 2014
Madcow, I mean no disrespect, but u see dat word "impossible" is d major reason why nigeria is backward and China is 200 yrs ahead of us. Our government is mentally lazy. We are so unfortunate to hav leaders who dont think well enof - even dia advisers are just as dumb.

After studying d Chinese a little, I realized one tin dat makes dem great is dat day embrace 'impossible' projects. Day dont think sth CANNOT be done. Day dont give silly excuses for not being able to achieve. Dats why America is struggling to catch up with them, and dats why we fail. Our people, especially our politicians, dont think well enof!

For example, do u know dat der are at least 3 chinese companies dat I know of dat WILL finish dat seemingly 'impossible' project in 4yrs? Why? Becos day hav ten heads abi? Or becos day are teknologically ahead of us, abi? U see, such multitude of silly excuses wont help us. Even Malaysia go run dat monorail from borokiri to obigbo in 4yrs! Its not abt colour or country, its abt thinking. Day say "We will do it. It can be done!" Naija say "Nna! D tin go hard oh! Chai! Its impossible!"

Let me give u anoda insight. Do u know how many man-hours is wasted on construction projects in Nigeria? At least 12hrs a day! Why? Becos we dont work 24hrs a day. Do u know dat if we work 3 shifts of 8hrs each, der wd hardly be any uncompleted project by any governor? No! Day are too dumd to even think dat. Day are even too dumb to embrace new technology dat gets more work done with less cash. Day dont even know how to steal money in intelligent and unsuspected ways. Smh.

Dat is also why Julius Berger is flexing in naija. Using 19th century technology to collect contract in billions in today's 21st century. If Nigerian Government cd think well enof, Julius Berger wd run out of business with dia old skool technology. How cd day use 48 months for common second niger bridge, which can be completed in less dan 24 months and less cash? Chai! I weep for naija sha.

It boils down to d same tin am angry abt with our government. Waste! Waste! Waste!

D love for wastage is d beginning of poor thinking. Hav u eva wondered why most rich kids dont turn out as successful as dia dads? Day've bin wasting money more dan dia parents all dia life. U cant be creative with a wasteful mentality.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Read What GEJ Just Said At Enugu Rally / The Irony And Reality Of One Nigeria (an Opinion) / Troops Begins Search For Tompolo, Storm Militants’ Den

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.