Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats (50102 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by bugmenot: 5:43am On Oct 03, 2014
mufutau55:

Just what we thought Oga Spyder... how stable/sturdy/strong can that "One legged" Water Tank Stand be? Wooden pole with some structures attached. But then that Tank doesn't look very big either... oh well... We like to cut unnecessary corners in Nigeria..

Hajji M.

Looks like it's carrying a small tank afterall. Nevertheless, the thing still dey fear me...

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 1:54pm On Oct 03, 2014
MaxNdu post=/post/26817410:

This is the grade of foundation I call "THE BOYS ARE NOT PLAYING FOUNDATION" grin cheesy.
Oga Spyder, pls does Y16 mean 16mm rod
And I noticed that the trenches for the column basket are deeper than the other trenches. Pls how deep is this

Yes, Y16 means 16mm rods and I am using them for all the entire foundation stages, no 12mm here.
The column bases are 300mm deeper than the rest of the foundation depth. Better to spend enough money and leave a foundation that will last for 500 Years grin
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 2:20pm On Oct 03, 2014
Let's go there. ........ grin

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by mufutau55(m): 2:23pm On Oct 03, 2014
bugmenot:

Looks like it's carrying a small tank afterall. Nevertheless, the thing still dey fear me...

You are right about that... I am a nervous kind of guy when it comes to things like that... that kind of structure will never be in my yard.

Hajji M.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 2:26pm On Oct 03, 2014
It's been raining for the past two hours, but these guys obviously didn't notice grin grin

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 2:31pm On Oct 03, 2014
Everywhere is slippery and wet, we don't mind cheesy

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 2:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
Give me sand!

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by KolaShangOne(m): 3:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
mufutau55:

When I saw the picture, I was thinking the same thing... All I see is trouble/disaster later... who in their right mind will put-up that kind of structure?

Hajji M.

Welldone to all Oga's in the house.

For me, I think the water tank is structurally stable. I think it will only be affected by wind load when the tank is empty. I also feel it shld not carry more than 1000 litres.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by mufutau55(m): 3:29pm On Oct 03, 2014
KolaShangOne:
For me, I think the water tank is structurally stable. I think it will only be affected by wind load when the tank is empty. I also feel it shld not carry more than 1000 litres.

OK. Oga Kola, I will agree with you simply because I know you are an Engineer that deals with this kind of things every time..
But it does look like that Tank is about 1500 Litres but then it may be 1,000 as you have stated, but it does look small though.
But still personally and a layman I will be scared to have it installed in my yard.. Thank you.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 03, 2014
mufutau55:

OK. Oga Kola, I will agree with you simply because I know you are an Engineer that deals with this kind of things every time..
But it does look like that Tank is about 1500 Litres but then it may be 1,000 as you have stated, but it does look small though.
But still personally and a layman I will be scared to have it installed in my yard.. Thank you.

Hajji M.

the reason is because of the "cantilever " experience abi?
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by mufutau55(m): 3:45pm On Oct 03, 2014
segzy14:
the reason is because of the "cantilever " experience abi?

One of the big reason, my brother... Some of the readers in this thread did not know/read about that, so I did not try to bring it again.

Hajji M.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 03, 2014
mufutau55:

One of the big reason, my brother... Some of the readers in this thread did not know/read about that, so I did not try to bring it again.

Hajji M.

[size=50pt]lol[/size]
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by KolaShangOne(m): 3:57pm On Oct 03, 2014
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Yes I understand Hajji.
But even you don sabi pass we Engineers o!

The beauty of structures is that sometimes it may appear less satisfactory and mind boggling to the ordinary eye. I love when people ask questions like "how could this stand"?? "This thing looks like it will fall".

That's why I love this building job. cheesy
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by klassic(m): 4:20pm On Oct 03, 2014
@ OP, pls a mini flat or 2 bed room flat is urgently needed in Port Harcourt especially borokiri, rusth , GRA ,phase 2, 3 and 4 area. If you have useful info kindly pm or send me a message on whatsapp. Thanks
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 2:57pm On Oct 06, 2014
Filling the foundation. ..

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 2:59pm On Oct 06, 2014
We need more sand here

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 3:01pm On Oct 06, 2014
More

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 3:03pm On Oct 06, 2014
We called for more sand and they arrived

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 3:05pm On Oct 06, 2014
Expecting more trucks with imported soil.

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by emmadejust(m): 4:25pm On Oct 06, 2014
KolaShangOne:

those type of tank stand Design I have seen it in many houses are fix because of lack of space in the compound, they do last and their height are not much,...............

#spyder880 I salute you,
barka da sallah to all our moslem ..... enjoy life nd better health always......

OUR FAITH, OUR REALITY IN LIFE.....
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 4:57pm On Oct 06, 2014
emmadejust:

those type of tank stand Design I have seen it in many houses are fix because of lack of space in the compound, they do last and their height are not much,...............

#spyder880 I salute you,
barka da sallah to all our moslem ..... enjoy life nd better health always......

OUR FAITH, OUR REALITY IN LIFE.....

Thank you bros, how your side?
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 8:16am On Oct 07, 2014
We have continued to fill the foundation this morning. ....

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 10:50am On Oct 07, 2014
Foundation filling. .....

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 10:50am On Oct 07, 2014
Getting full

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 10:53am On Oct 07, 2014
We need to pump the whole foundation with enough water, this will sink in this first filling as we add more soil

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 10:59am On Oct 07, 2014
Concentrate on the corners

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 11:15am On Oct 07, 2014
Notice as the soil start to descend into the foundation gradually

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 11:18am On Oct 07, 2014
This will be a long and tasking stage as we will spend all the time we need to pump water until we are satisfied with the settlement of the soil into the foundation. Need to buy a lot of fuel to keep the generator working till as long as necessary.

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 4:26pm On Oct 07, 2014
We are not relenting in our efforts to give this foundation a good treat.

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 4:28pm On Oct 07, 2014
Of course we are getting our desired results cheesy

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by twinskenny(m): 9:30pm On Oct 07, 2014
clinical!! nice job boss

1 Like

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 8:39am On Oct 08, 2014
Second filling up after the sinking of the foundation ongoing. ......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

The Top Four Cheapest Places To Live In Abuja / Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) / A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.