Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles (17130 Views)

Babayaro: Keshi Is Confused / Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? / Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by excel001(m): 12:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
Bobbystanley:

Did I hear u clearly?

A Most valuable player at a junior world cup is overrated?
A Manchester city player is overrated? Do u know what it takes to play for Man city? Even Musa,Oduamadi,Igiebor and even Onazi isn't good enough to play for the citizens.

Get Onazi out of your list because that young man is the best super eagles have now and besides the devil one knows is better than an unknown angel(iheanacho)
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
I'm glad Nigerians dat were saying mikel is d best midfielder we can find are beginning to chew their words. Those saying Iheanacho is too young think like pple who don't watch football. U want to wait b4 he is converted and brainwashed like mikel slobie was before u bring him in? He is long overdue for not only a place but mikel's place in dat team. If keshi is not ready to in discard old legs and embrace youth as oda countries are presently doing, he should give way 4 a foreign coach. I have totally lost interest in the super eagles matches simply because of lack of creativity in dat midfield. To tell u d fact d earlier we disband dis present crop of super eagles with d exception of a few good legs like Omeruo,Onazi, and bring in d young lads, d better 4 our performance and ranking.

1 Like

Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by litetias(m): 12:12pm On Sep 21, 2014
We can't pin the hopes of the National team on a player who has not played a competitive match for his club. He should go on loan to a club where he can get regular football then perhaps after a full season we would rate his consistency. People thinking that he must be very good just because Man City signed him need to remember Scott Sinclair who Man City signed but turned out to be a flop. People do have selective memory because Mikel was also a teenage sensation but we know how that one went.
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by arsetalks(m): 12:17pm On Sep 21, 2014
Lily4star:

Since you talking money you can Pm me grin then, make sure the money is worth my time ooo, I no wan hear N20 something. Lololol

And please Watch my darling United bring me 3points home today cheesy
Comic. Email better. DM your email address and my administrator will write you tomorrow.
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by Waspy(m): 12:18pm On Sep 21, 2014
Keshi is a slowie angry angry
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by zizazizu: 12:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
Babayaro...I like his analysis, just that he neglected to say at what age precisely he joined the Super Eagles...he rather reverted to the political "at a very young age". Super Eagles players lying to FIFA about their age since 1722!
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by Lily4star(f): 12:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
arsetalks: Comic. Email better. DM your email address and my administrator will write you tomorrow.

Alright, I ll do just that.
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by otokx(m): 1:03pm On Sep 21, 2014
There is no need buying 4 brand new tires for a car without an engine; is it that the attackers will take the ball from the keeper and go and score when there is no midfield or defense?
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by jonaji(m): 1:43pm On Sep 21, 2014
dechandel:
Iheanacho needs to pay a visit to keshi..

Privately ofcourse
To include his name on the list

I love you..... Be my gal ? cool
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by bong4(m): 2:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
Pedagogue: Keshi has performed creditably well as Super Eagles' Coach.

Before his appointment, our boys were far from Super. Winning the AFCON and getting to the Second Round stage of the World Cup are to his eternal credits...
But wait a minute,what happened after the nations cup? Keshi RESIGNED.What happened after the World Cup? Keshi RESIGNED!!!
To 'resign' means to 'LEAVE'.
Thus, Keshi's heart effectively left his position as d Super Eagles Coach after the Nations Cup. You don't believe?Recall that his resignation after the World Cup was principally because of the juicy contracts he thought he would get...But alas, NONE came his way!!! He had to quickly DENY that he 'concretely' resigned!!!He had no option but to settle for what was available- Super Eagles job!

Although this thread is not about Keshi, the truth is,the future of IHEANACHO & other budding stars depends heavily on who is in the saddle. Therefore, permit to state that:

1. We have a coach that selects players based on his personal sentiments; he does not care if the collective will of Nigerians is sacrificed for his EGO.
2. Keshi is not a good manager of men. A coach that has problems with several players is not a fantastic coach; it is v ironical that Keshi that now 'believes' so much in discipline was highly indisciplined in his playing days.
3. A thorough analysis of all our games after the Nations Cup will reveal that our players are no longer playing for him. Our games against Congo & S/Africa are clear pointers.
4. Keshi lost the script the moment he allowed the victory at AFCON to get to his head. His ego has tripled since then. He now expects players to kowtow to him.
5. Introducing the likes of Iheanacho will definitely unsettle the 'big boys' in d National team- especially MIKEL ObI. Keshi does not want that.
6. If Keshi had to be forced by the collective shouts by soccer mad Nigerians to invite Osaze (who was our best player at the world cup), IHEANACHO may perhaps never play for d Super Eagles as long as he's our gaffer.

Believe me, Keshi is still our coach cos he has has not received any better offer. His passion for our team is clearly dead. Someone needs to start from where Keshi has stopped.

you said it all. Not only ihenacho but every member of the current u20 plus their coach. Keshi should go. But that won't happen except we don't qualify for the nation's cup and i see that happening.
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by IAMBREEZY: 2:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
Andyblaze: THAT OVERRATED KID
cool
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by jomoh: 3:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
Lily4star:

Please Deary, don't even talk about Congo cos they were a better team that played with confidence, drive, tact, skill, it was more like they were the home team, I don't want to even start pointing out things in that match cos I ll go on and on, our defence was porous, even Ejide keeps panicking, the difference between that guy is just too much, it ll be like comparing Ike Shoromu to Rufai, or Dea Gea to Casilas(when he's in form).

And against South Africa I swear we got Lucky, can remember the name of the guy that Marshalled their mid field that made Mikel and Onazi look like they were been bullied, if we continue with this styless form of play, South Africa ll beat us at home here or the least we ll get is a draw, except Keshi does something fast.

Babe! please don't break my heart by reversing. Here we are talking about a coach lacking enough knowledge on how to twinkle a team to get the best out of it you're again saying "except Keshi does something". Please don't break wats left of my footballing heart cos "Nemo quod non abet" the guy cannot give what he does not have.
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by jomoh: 3:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
Lily4star:

Please Deary, don't even talk about Congo cos they were a better team that played with confidence, drive, tact, skill, it was more like they were the home team, I don't want to even start pointing out things in that match cos I ll go on and on, our defence was porous, even Ejide keeps panicking, the difference between that guy is just too much, it ll be like comparing Ike Shoromu to Rufai, or Dea Gea to Casilas(when he's in form).

And against South Africa I swear we got Lucky, can remember the name of the guy that Marshalled their mid field that made Mikel and Onazi look like they were been bullied, if we continue with this styless form of play, South Africa ll beat us at home here or the least we ll get is a draw, except Keshi does something fast.

Babe! please don't break my heart by reversing. Here we are talking about a coach lacking enough knowledge on how to twinkle a team to get the best out of it you're again saying "except Keshi does something". Please don't break wats left of my footballing heart for the eagles cos "Nemo quod non abet" (the guy cannot give what he does not have).
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by ogawisdom(m): 3:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
It is only a baby coach lik keshi dt ll waste time to hand over our # 10 shirt to nacho n maintain mikel in defensive position.
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by duerap: 5:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
Thanks for speaking for all Nigerians who understand the 'age factor' in football. That young man is more than ripe for the Super Eagles. He should be given the opportunity to prove himself and those of us who believe in him.
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 21, 2014
litetias: We can't pin the hopes of the National team on a player who has not played a competitive match for his club. He should go on loan to a club where he can get regular football then perhaps after a full season we would rate his consistency. People thinking that he must be very good just because Man City signed him need to remember Scott Sinclair who Man City signed but turned out to be a flop. People do have selective memory because Mikel was also a teenage sensation but we know how that one went.
scott sinclair and nacho?who is scott?

Broda....nacho is simply better than scott...MVP + HIGHEST GOAL SCORER,you think say na beans?
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by sean079: 6:49pm On Sep 21, 2014
link2ok:

He is bro... d junior stage its much more diffrnt from d big stage.... remember d likes of Mikel n taiwo both won d 2nd nd 3rd best in the under20 tournamnt.... wia is taiwo todai? for me I feel d kid still has a lot to learn,dnt rush him.

Guy all dis guy be old men n dis is d tym U can get ur share of dere talent to help our coun3 but if U wait more years dey will enter diminishing return. Dats y U don't hear about taye taiye coz he was already b agbalagba when he shone n for Mikel though young but he has lost d joy of being a player so he's relax with his big pounds sterling from cfc
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by sean079: 7:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
mrham03: i know he deserves to be in the supa eagles but he should be allowed to come through the ranks. Ryt now, u -20 african championship and world youth championship after that he will join supa eagles. Even messi joined argentine national team after the world youth championship.

Den ow old was he den coz now d Youngman is 27 n if I could recalled he play for Argentina at 2006 wc now 2014 means he was 19 den. A talent is a talent lets start incorporating dem now into our national team. What's d average age of d German team n when did most of dem start playing for Germany n deir club. The only setback is just dat no African country has a vibrant league where all our talented player can play in d best club n compete with d best player couple with learning under best coaches. The Best European team won't give dem dat chance except dere own talented young chaps
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by freshprincex49(m): 9:43pm On Sep 21, 2014

Before his appointment, our boys were far from Super. Winning the AFCON and getting to the Second Round stage of the World Cup are to his eternal credits...
But wait a minute,what happened after the nations cup? Keshi RESIGNED.What happened after the World Cup? Keshi RESIGNED!!!
Thus, Keshi's heart effectively left his position as d Super Eagles Coach after the Nations Cup. You don't believe?Recall that his resignation after the World Cup was principally because of the juicy contracts he thought he would get...But alas, NONE came his way!!! He had to quickly DENY that he 'concretely' resigned!!!He had no option but to settle for what was available- Super Eagles job!

Although this thread is not about Keshi, the truth is,the future of IHEANACHO & other budding stars depends heavily on who is in the saddle. Therefore, permit to state that:

1. We have a coach that selects players based on his personal sentiments; he does not care if the collective will of Nigerians is sacrificed for his EGO.
2. Keshi is not a good manager of men. A coach that has problems with several players is not a fantastic coach; it is v ironical that Keshi that now 'believes' so much in discipline was highly indisciplined in his playing days.
3. A thorough analysis of all our games after the Nations Cup will reveal that our players are no longer playing for him. Our games against Congo & S/Africa are clear pointers.
4. Keshi lost the script the moment he allowed the victory at AFCON to get to his head. His ego has tripled since then. He now expects players to kowtow to him.
5. Introducing the likes of Iheanacho will definitely unsettle the 'big boys' in d National team- especially MIKEL ObI. Keshi does not want that.
6. If Keshi had to be forced by the collective shouts by soccer mad Nigerians to invite Osaze (who was our best player at the world cup), IHEANACHO may perhaps never play for d Super Eagles as long as he's our gaffer.

Believe me, Keshi is still our coach cos he has has not received any better offer. His passion for our team is clearly dead. Someone needs to start from where Keshi has stopped.

pure genius! I need not say more. Kudos!!!
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by Nobody: 5:56am On Sep 22, 2014
[deleted]
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by Paulpenny(m): 9:39am On Sep 22, 2014
robosky02:

keshi killing nigeria football since 2013............

while we all applude keshi for winning the AFCON 2013

we must also tell ourself the truth. keshi has not given us a team we will be proud of.

1. the team lack technical input. we always relly on luck to win
2. we must all beg keshi before he plays our best players eg osaze
3. he is rebuilding but we cant see young stars graduate into the team

even when it is obviouse that IHEANACHO is an exceptional player no wonder Mancity is playing him in thier team yet keshi will not invite him even if its to start gradual integreation

as usual he will give us the story the boy is sturbborn. he went to sign for CITY when the CHAN was .........
and he will never invite him again till he begs ...... like he want IK Uche to beg

my brother u just typed every thing i have in mind

GOD BLESS U BRO

KESHI DEY FUMBLE WELL WELL NO BE SMALL

E BE LIKE SAY AFCON 2013 WEY HIM WIN STILL DEY SHACK AM
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by Paulpenny(m): 9:41am On Sep 22, 2014
dutchstar: Its you all that sees Keshi as a coach. For me he is a businessman and I learnt from a reliable source that he collects money to put some of the players in the team. He will never give room for the youngsters cos he is busy enriching himself. I always clamour for a foreign coach not because of the colour of their skin but their ideologies..#teamvoteoutkeshi#
KESHI NA THIEF NA
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by Paulpenny(m): 9:48am On Sep 22, 2014

GBAM
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by greggng: 1:01pm On Sep 22, 2014
Some of you should stop talking nonsense here.who is ihenacho compare to almighty mikel. By the time he sustains adult injury that will mess up his career some of u will make a U turn
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by Goke7: 1:15pm On Sep 22, 2014
i think Nigeria should be cautious on this iheanacho issue and other youngsters, My take on this is that why don't we leave Iheanacho and the other u-17 players who won the world cup last year to all progress into the u-20 world cup team for next year world cup and finally into the u-23 Olympic team for Rio Olympics in 2016 the following year, this will look more like it and by 2018 we would have a world cup squad with just few experienced players who will take on the world. This will more productive than rushing them into the super eagles now. who knows Manu Garba may even be super eagles coach by 2018 world cup.

Remember the u-20 team in 2005, the same team with just osaze, anichebe and few others went to the olympics in 2008 and did well too [same coach in siasia] Nigeria's greatest mistake was not using that team for 2010 world cup, we would have gotten to the quarter finals of the world cup just like Ghana did that year.
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by oluwamile(m): 4:30pm On Sep 22, 2014
Dis guy is jst 2 young n besides he z nt dat rugged on d field of play.allow him 2 continue rigorous training b4 calling 2 d super eagles.rem au essien wz finished
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by Smooyis(m): 5:19pm On Sep 22, 2014
I have been saying this for a long time. It is a pity that many Nairalanders are so much sentimental about issues. They don't get to see things until they get worse. It will do Nigerians a lot of good if Keshi is removed and replaced with another good Nigerians like Oliseh, Manuel Garba or even Siasia. By now the latter must have learnt his mistakes. Any day, Siasia is a good coach. Keshi has done his best, and as such we would be deceiving ourselves if we keep expecting more from him.
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by dadoctore(m): 6:03pm On Sep 22, 2014
Lily4star: Ronaldo de lima was part of the USA 94 Brazil team at age 18, though didn't play and at 20 he was already a World Player of the year winner(FIFA Ballon o dor), youngest player ever to achieve that fit, Euro 2004, CR7 was 19 playing for Portugal, though made his debut as an 18yr old,Messi, Michael Owen, Samuel Eto o, Rooney, and many more made their first appearance at Senior level at a very young age, even if they don't get much playing time at the beginning, it does a lot to their exposure, morale and confidence.

Currently, Nacho is Naija's brightest talent. Keshi give the young Man a slot in the team. I really hope to see him play in the Nations cup come 2015, should the SE qualify, you might get to be shocked with the contribution he would give to that Eagles team.

#my humble opinion#.

Modified.

FTC, make I join the normal Nl tradition,

I just wanna thank ma parents for paying my fees to learn how to read and write(that's why I can type at least tongue, my dog Bingo for shaking its tail uncessarily and being extremely nice this morning(that was when I started suspecting something must ve happened on Nl), to the op for this topic, and to my posters below who saw and abandoned this topic for me to comment first, and Mtn.

Now let's be serious, cos with the way people celebrate this FTC thing, make I sitdown dey look and see if Seun go ask for my account number undecided
Beautiful n funny...marry me alrdy wink
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by Lily4star(f): 6:15pm On Sep 22, 2014
dadoctore:
Beautiful n funny...marry me alrdy wink

Hope the wedding won't be in Naija? undecided, and please if you re really serious I would want the full Man United squad to be in attendance including the coach, even if you can't make the wedding happen at Old Trafford cool
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by dadoctore(m): 11:19pm On Sep 22, 2014
Lily4star:

Hope the wedding won't be in Naija? undecided, and please if you re really serious I would want the full Man United squad to be in attendance including the coach, even if you can't make the wedding happen at Old Trafford cool
An overseas wedding uhn?! We can take a trip to Togo then grin and as for d whole man utd cast would u still want dem wit present poor results The Emirates stadium could be a beta option y'knw tongue
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:37pm On Sep 22, 2014
tuffgongjo: Not only nacho some of those guys are better than d SE players,their captain is a better crosser of the ball than Ambrose.
Take for example d chilean national team they are composed majorly of guys that graduated from under 17 or so cause I still remember when they defeated naija 4 0 in one under age competition,in that team u have sanchez,vidal.
Are you serious? I remember that match. I only remember Alexi Sanchez. It was 2007. Aguero was highest goal scorer of the competition and MVP. Pique played in that tourney too. Coentrao played for Portugal. Giovanni Dos Santos was Mexico's star and one of the best player of that tournament along side Carlos Vela.

Ezekiel Bala played for Naija. Let me check the Argentine squad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Conte 'In Advanced Talks To Succeed Mourinho At Tottenham' / Super Eagles: Why I Turned Down Advice From NFF Officials – Rohr / Maradona To Undergo Surgery For Blood Clot In Brain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.