Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller (19859 Views)

Archaeologists Discover Remains Of Egyptian Army From The Biblical Exodus / DPA Wades Into Case Of Teenage Rape Victim Detained For Stabbing Rapist To Death / ODD: Egyptian Man With Largest Biceps (popeye) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller by maxit2(m): 7:56am On Sep 19, 2014
#SuspendEgyptAir
Re: Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 19, 2014
Dymondgurl: oh u wish! Its about time for some action from d nigerian government of course.
Don't mind the guy he's a troll
Re: Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 19, 2014
Chee that boy don hammer oh,na to dey dangle my Nigerian passport for neck now weneva I dey travel oh,bad as e bad dem go press that guy $500k kaii
Re: Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller by creativemusic: 8:03am On Sep 19, 2014
Egyptians know very well that Nigerian Goverment does not care about the life of his citizens, can they do that to US or UK?....it is pity.....
Re: Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 19, 2014
vanndubi: When you read the young man's experience which happened since 18th of last month, you will see that FG is just reactive. Where was Nigeria government when the poor boy was undergoing the near dead experience?

When foreigners don't get a dam* about nigerian citizens and their passport, it is because our own government don't get a dam* about us

http://www.kemifilani.com/2014/09/how-egypt-air-wrongly-flew-nigerian.html?m=1.

E remain tintini u for make sense
Re: Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller by seighapaul(m): 8:16am On Sep 19, 2014
#SuspendEgyptAirThings #InvestigationThings #CourtThings #CompensationThings #DancingAzontoThings #ThisDudeDonHammarThings
Re: Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller by obiscolly(m): 8:24am On Sep 19, 2014
What nonsense?! This should be an opportunity for the Nigerian government to send a clear message to other African countries and the world. They have to suffer for this!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller by WINDSOW(m): 8:54am On Sep 19, 2014
Naija n demo. Naija like †Φ blow grammar †Φ issues jst †Φ get †ђξ masses say "She is working".
Very soon a xommittee will be set †Φ investigate †ђξ matter,thereafter,†ђξ matter go peme.
Naija blowing grammar since 19 okolo
-Patience Jonathan
Re: Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller by omalistic(f): 8:56am On Sep 19, 2014
akinkudin: #SuspendEgyptAir till investigations are concluded. If they treat one of us as trash then we're all trash to them. Silly egyptians causing their country trouble.

Seconded!
We should start the hash tag campaign because that seems to be the only way to get our government officials to do their job. It's been a month since this happened and the Egyptian ambassador is still waiting for a bloody report from where?
That's just callous and a complete waste of time, they expect us to forget about it like we normally do. BUT NO!

#SuspendEgyptAir #SuspendEgyptAir #SuspendEgyptAir
Re: Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller by sevule(m): 9:01am On Sep 19, 2014
Excellent step by the Nigerian Government!!!

However they need to go one step further and suspend EgyptAir immediately! Countries HAVE to know that there would be repercussions for ill treatment meted out to Nigerians. Enough is enough!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller by ChiSun27(m): 9:03am On Sep 19, 2014
....Now I'm proud of my national colours.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller by buJu234: 9:12am On Sep 19, 2014
can u jst give them Putin style....

BAN EGYPT AIRLINE FROM NIGERIA AIR SPACE simple as ABC...[b][/b]

Na sisi go call Jona direct to beg...

Jst ask BA wat OBJ or is it Yadura did to them...
Re: Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 19, 2014
Pls a good decision on this matter is what we want.... They shouldn't get away with this, the young boy went thru hell.....imagine that useless crab even tearing a Nigerian..
...and their ambassador still saying this is escalated?
Bloody egyptian.....Egypt from time being were known for evil....#standupnaija
Re: Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller by symbianDON(m): 9:30am On Sep 19, 2014
#SuspendEgyptAir
Re: Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller by delishpot: 9:30am On Sep 19, 2014
Those turks are very wicked o. I believe the staff that tore the passport is turkish origin and not egyptian. I wil walk barefoot for a day if it is otherwise. I have had encounters with those rude and evil people there. Most dont even speak English yet they work in an international airport. Turks will not even give you a free glass of water if you are stranded at the airport by no fault of yours but rather their own mistakes.
There was a time my luggage was miss tagged, I reported to the dumb turk at istanbul customer care desk, the mumu woman asked me what I want her to do that is it her fault it was not tagged well?
Very rude and wicked staff. Istanbul int airport has.
I believe its 1000% true what that poor boy went through.
Re: Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller by Gboliwe: 9:37am On Sep 19, 2014
Read the boy's story on facebook sometime last week. I was enraged and so vocal. Thank God Prof Onwuliri is on this issue.
I imagined myself as the boy and what I would have done in a strange land with no friendly face.

Somebody, no, some people will, should lose their jobs. It starts from that useless *Tony in Lagos who triggered the whole rubbish
Re: Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller by Allwility: 10:02am On Sep 19, 2014
Treating that kid in such a horrible manner is a human right abuse.
Tearing the passport to shreds is like burning the National flag.
#SuspendEgyptAir
Re: Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller by Frankestein08(m): 10:13am On Sep 19, 2014
Dymondgurl: Its about time!!

yea, about time we met...love your smile, sme pple go vex lyk dat but I don't rily care tho...a face lyk yours only leaves one thought on a niggas mind.
Re: Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller by Dymondgurl(f): 10:14am On Sep 19, 2014
neoapocalypse:
Don't mind the guy he's a troll
I've noticed this 'troll' word on this forum, and I'll like to know wat it implies. Thanks
Re: Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller by Dymondgurl(f): 10:46am On Sep 19, 2014
Frankestein08:

yea, about time we met...love your smile, sme pple go vex lyk dat but I don't rily care tho...a face lyk yours only leaves one thought on a niggas mind.
thanks. But emm....wat thought would that be, if I may ask. I hope its sha not wat am thinkin ooo..lol.
Re: Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller by Frankestein08(m): 10:57am On Sep 19, 2014
Dymondgurl: thanks. But emm....wat thought would that be, if I may ask. I hope its sha not wat am thinkin ooo..lol.

well tell me what's on your mind, it might just what I'm thinking or maybe better.
Re: Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 19, 2014
Good to see Nigerian government wade in on this one....strong diplomatic action should be taken, should serve as deterrent to others....the affected family should liaise with human rights NGOs too, sue that airline for all they got,
Re: Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller by uzoexcel(m): 12:01pm On Sep 19, 2014
seriously speaking the amount of gumption and balls onwuliri showed on this ambassador is more than i can sau for some of our TOPMOST OFFICIALS in government
Re: Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller by symbianDON(m): 12:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
#SuspendEgyptAir
Re: Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller by supercharged: 1:07pm On Sep 19, 2014
With just this step taken by the Nigerian government, I feel satisfied. I blve evn the family of the kid will be happy for on a normal day, a typical Nigerian soul could be weight as that of a chicken...

I am happy with this step taken.. And thanks to the media and which ever newspaper published that 4 pages...

For Egypt Air, Patriotic Nigerians can easily send a message to them by not using their services. I dont evn know why they are being used, People should start using Ethiopian Airlines... They're far more cheap and their services are much more appreciated by people using the airline..
Re: Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller by tefund(m): 1:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
RUBISH!!I F NAIJA GOVT DOES NOT HAVE REGARD FOR HER CITIZEN WHY WOULD FOREIGN COUNTRY HAVE
Re: Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller by haryomikun(m): 2:00pm On Sep 19, 2014
searay: Aluta continua
Victoria aceta
Haha! U J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇τ̣̣̥ reminded me of the words on all OOU students' lips against ibikunle Amosun
The struggle continues, victory is certain
Re: Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 19, 2014
The Egyptian Ambassador take on the issue is not impressive at all. The fact that he complains about the news media reports speaks a lot about his view on this matter. Before the news media could have reported on the issue the ambassador should have come out to apologize and warn the airline. I don't think the Egyptian government would fold their arms and watch any country treats its citizen like that and tore their passport. Jeez! Is he trying to act unaware of the consequence of tearing another nation's passport? I feel embarrassed by the fact that being an African nation that could have uphold to stand against the ill-treatment of the boy and take the right to defend Africans is poisoning the situation. That is preposterous to say the least! I don't understand why Nigerians have to stoop so low and allow other nationals to trample on their rights.

I opt for that Egyptian airline to be banned with immediate effect and sever the relationship with both countries until all the problems is resolved. This is an intimidation coming from the unremorseful ambassador. It is often in Arab blood. Their arrogance is sometime nauseating. I expect them to apologize in respect to find out the truth before anything else. That is how you know people who are from civilized country. Well, Egypt is third-world country and barbarism is expected of them though. The idea about ancient civilized of that country has not really proves it is a civilize place in this regard. I wonder what people have to do with such a society that has no good human right records. Imagine the ambassador gloating over news media report on a painful maltreating of a 17 years old and tearing his international passport. What a nonsense!

Please, Nigerians, boycott the Egyptian airlines and avoid anything that has to do with their businesses in the country. I don't care what they think of themselves because this is our country and we must tell them to respect us inside it.

When Nigerians commit crimes abroad they are treated like animals and we are always in the mode to crucify them against those crimes. In fact, we are the first people to blame them of crimes before even getting to know what happened. Sometimes we even go to the length to ask they should be punished accordingly because we know what out people are capable of. But, this case is different. This is a young man who is planning on go to school Ukraine and he's given a wrong routed ticket far from his destination. He and the mother have complained of the error in it yet the airlines refused to look into it and coerced the lad to go ahead and make use of it. Please, I am infuriated at this whole situation. Where is our international lawyers and judges in this case? They are nowhere to be found! That is a very annoying thing to say the least.

There is evidence a Nigerian can never do such a thing to an Egyptian without paying dearly for it. Why should we take that from them? Please, the Nigerian government should do something about this annoying case and tell the ambassador to leave the country if he is still complaining about the news media. It is the right of the news media to report! That ambassador should respect the right of the people! I have read about Nigerians in Egypt how they are destroying their country through crimes yet there is none from Nigeria despite some Egyptians commit crimes in the country.

SOMEBODY SHOULD BOOT THAT EGYPTIAN AMBASSADOR AND AIRLINES OUT OF NIGERIA!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller by ofala(m): 2:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
Apologies to my Egyptian friends who are good but if not for maturity, I nearly 'slapped' an Egyptian immigration official last November in Cairo...its time Nigeria gives "an eye for an eye" just the way America does..

Egypt does not respect Nigeria(that we can live with ..their issues though) but what baffled me is the way the idiots asks Nigerians to step aside on search... when they have seen details in my passport( is Egyptian stamp more valid than lots of European Countries stamps in it!?)

I really pity the small boy because he didn't have the liver to fight the fools but its time our FG sits up and protect legitimate Nigerians!

**They must be made to pay proportionate compensation to this young legitimate Nigerian that was wrongly maltreated**

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 19, 2014
supercharged:
For Egypt Air, Patriotic Nigerians can easily send a message to them by not using their services. I dont evn know why they are being used, People should start using Ethiopian Airlines... They're far more cheap and their services are much more appreciated by people using the airline..
Yea, ET is better in terms of customer relations. Egypt air, always looking for excuse to maltreat Nigerians. If only Nigerians can boycott them! They are not even the cheapest or cleanest, plus poor services. I'd rather fly Emirate or ET.
Re: Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 19, 2014
Philipmems: If it were to be an American citizen that such a crime against humanity was meted on won't the report by the Egyptian ambassador be ready since, this issue is more that a week old with all evidence at their disposal , from torn passport, video on plane and airport showing clearly the crime against humanity. Well this is Nigeria were we cry are treated like third class citizen worldwide because of the few bad eggs that constantly make a fool of themselves anywhere they go and our politicians who never fail in showing the world how corrupt they are.
Nigerian are not drafts we are a people of high intellectual capacity, with full awareness, packaged with adaptably of the environment we are in, we are first class citizens with high moral value and a beautiful cultural heritage. And we all will stand against injustice meted at any of us because we are highly accommodating and expect such when we are in a foreign land. angry angry

very perfect comment.
100% on point.i haven't seen any as good nd pretty in nl for a long time

kudossmiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Accident At Ajayi Far, Ikeja Along / Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion / My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.