Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,402 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't (29246 Views)

General Overseer & Wife Fight Dirty Over Church Ownership, Wife Floors Hubby / How Illuminati Collapsed Tb Joshua Guest House (synagogue Church Of All Nation) / Video Of How Synagogue Church Guest House Collasped Plus Aircraft Hovering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 19, 2014
candidbabe: are they saying that the jet that hovered around the building had nothing to do with the collapse .
I can't believe this.
I know prophet T B Joshua cannot lie.
anyway investigation is still going on.

Oh. I weep for you.

7 Likes

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Muscomide: 9:48am On Sep 19, 2014
One doubts that the LASG under Gov. Fashola and indeed any government in this country has the political backbone to take on these mega churches and religious establishments. Clearly, a crime has been committed resulting in the loss of over 80 lives. Can Fashola take on the Joshuas, Oyedepos, Adeboyes, Oyakhilomes, etc of Nigeria without paying a heavy price politically? I seriously doubt this.

3 Likes

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Originalsly: 9:50am On Sep 19, 2014
The added floors to the church was not approved. .... but they are not shutting down the church. What if the church collapse?

1 Like

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by BodyKiss(m): 9:52am On Sep 19, 2014
Example should be made out of him.

As I type this, a church behind Zenith bank at first gate, Agidingbi, is adding additional storey to their building. Hope that would be looked into by Lagos State govt.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by UniqueGem(m): 10:01am On Sep 19, 2014
Lol!! I swear this TB joshua na sharp guy. He knew the addition of more floors to his guest house was illegal so before his congregation could shout halleluyah he quickly blamed a plane that flew over the building. But sadly for him and his cohort, the Government ain't interested in any of that trash (poor him). #LetJusticeBeDone

2 Likes

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 19, 2014
PAGAN9JA: [size=18pt]WE MUST RETURN TO THE RELIGION OF OVA ANCESTORS!

HOW CAN WE AFFORD TO CONTINUE WITH THIS FOREIGN SCAM RELIGION[/size]

#Nigeria4PAGANISM

This has nothing to do with religion....and everything to do with bad building practice.

Or if TB had built his house in accordance with good practice....and it had not collapsed....you will still say this, eh?

Whether Nigeria returns to the Ancestral Religion, or stays with whiteman's/middle eastern religion....religious and other building must be built in accordance with standards.

2 Likes

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 19, 2014

1 Like

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by donefezy: 10:12am On Sep 19, 2014
ogaibe1: All these churches in Nigeria are bunch of frauds, i say frauds, i will rather dash my money to a beggar in computer village than give my hard earned money to these so called pastors in Nigeria. They have divided family, failed marriages because of their fake visions and caused broken hearts with thier fake prayers and yet nigerians keep flocking to them like a blind sheep.
Don't mind them,while they are becoming richer and richer everyday,their most of their church members are still poor
Moral lesson; even Jesus Christ ιη the Bible didn't нανє were to stay(he wasn't after wealth or been rich) like συя men of God today who нανє private jets and also what Jesus Christ said to the Rich man who came to him to ask how he could make heaven..i guess συя so called church leaders didn't read тнαт part of the Bible

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 19, 2014
careema:

I can understand what happened, he elevated two story building to six, what i dont understand is Lagos state government reaction. I was expecting all those draconian uniformed Lagos agencies to get into overdrive. I was expecting a rush to investigate and eventually prosecute T.B. Joshua. Instead, he gets a gubernatorial visit and photo-ops and we see him conducting Fashola on an inspection tour of the site. Houses have been collapsing in Lagos for much the same reason: illegal additions with zilch consideration for the structural integrity of the foundation. Lagos state agencies have always descended on such landlords. None of them has ever earned a gubernatorial visit.
So, what happened here? Why is TB Joshua not in legal detention, answering questions? The sacred cow thing? When the dogs bark in the agencies of Lagos state, they cower immediately the familiar face of the rich and mighty shows up? Bi aja ba n gbo...? Is that the philosophy at work here? What sort of society is this? Why is ceteris never paribus in Nigeria? Ceteris paribus, if you break the law, you face the music. Why is our own ceteris always amputated from its paribus? Why do we have a society of amputee ceteris?This is so disappointing. This is behaviour one would normally have expected from Jonathan and his government. But Fashola and Lagos?
You're the one who got taken in by the Fashola hype. Anyway I'm from a section of Lagos society which is doing well for itself so I'm not really the one who should be complaining.
But outside of the places we live and hang out, the Lagos I see outside my car window everyday is a very, very hard place which is ruled by a elite for the elite! If you don't have a sizeable amount of money to cover every eventuality in Lagos, you are screwed and nobody will help you. If you do have money, you can buy your way out of anything. Anything at all! Just saying!
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by careema(f): 10:26am On Sep 19, 2014
rickkid:
You're the one who got taken in by the Fashola hype. Anyway I'm from a section of Lagos society which is doing well for itself so I'm not really the one who should be complaining.
But outside of the places we live and hang out, the Lagos I see outside my car window everyday is a very, very hard place which is ruled by a elite for the elite! If you don't have a sizeable amount of money to cover every eventuality in Lagos, you are screwed and nobody will help you. If you do have money, you can buy your way out of anything. Anything at all! Just saying!

Fashola has sort of given us the right to expect law and order. He has given us the right to expect less bad. He has given us the right to expect a different philosophy and style.

1 Like

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by austinebode: 10:42am On Sep 19, 2014
PAGAN9JA: [size=18pt]WE MUST RETURN TO THE RELIGION OF OVA ANCESTORS!

HOW CAN WE AFFORD TO CONTINUE WITH THIS FOREIGN SCAM RELIGION[/size]

#Nigeria4PAGANISM

Another lost soul.

1 Like

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 19, 2014
Penny wise pounds foolish

2 Likes

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by SpencerLewis(m): 10:52am On Sep 19, 2014
stevolinkon40: None of my business
Typical Naija man's statement when none of his/her relative is involved.

3 Likes

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by candidbabe(f): 10:54am On Sep 19, 2014
MadCow1: Though I like the Man Joshua, he should at least serve some jail time of 15 years for Manslaughter..

He can preach the Gospel from behind bars, no problem..

The almighty God he is serving will never allow him to be put behind bars so,
go and sleep.
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by dljbd1(m): 10:56am On Sep 19, 2014
I can't wait for stup!d comments cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by SpencerLewis(m): 10:56am On Sep 19, 2014
kingzjay: Will this bring back the dead?
No it won't bring back the dead, but will help to prevent further occurrences especially in those business csntres u pple called church or ministry or place of 'worship'

Just asking sha!!!
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 19, 2014
austinebode:

Another lost soul.

Leave our one and only PAGAN9JA ALONE!

1 Like

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by jahbiz: 11:08am On Sep 19, 2014
Quoting a report by the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, Tobun said that the building ought to have only four floors instead of six, according to the foundation of the house.
“But my concern is that we have town planning officers that should supervise buildings in the state, they are accomplices. There is no way someone would build a six-storey building instead of four and they would say they were not aware. I believe that they compromised standard.
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by rusher14: 11:09am On Sep 19, 2014
candidbabe:

The almighty God he is serving will never allow him to be put behind bars so,
go and sleep.
If you had a limb suspended at the Igbobi orthopedic Hospital you would have had a different opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by rusher14: 11:11am On Sep 19, 2014
jahbiz: Quoting a report by the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, Tobun said that the building ought to have only four floors instead of six, according to the foundation of the house.
“But my concern is that we have town planning officers that should supervise buildings in the state, they are accomplices. There is no way someone would build a six-storey building instead of four and they would say they were not aware. I believe that they compromised standard.
All those involved should be brought to justice, Simpleez
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by AskProf: 11:21am On Sep 19, 2014
Originalsly: The added floors to the church was not approved. .... but they are not shutting down the church. What if the church collapse?

It wasn't the main church building that collapsed... It was a hostel building owned by the church in an adjacent compound.
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Abbey2sam(m): 11:25am On Sep 19, 2014
Saheed9: why u dey chase first to comment on every thread.

guy that's how you get noticed on a faceless forum
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 19, 2014
natureblack: an ironic moment when the "great diviner "couldn't see this happen right under his nose.
RIP to the dead though

No one can see a back-hand slap from SATAN grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by ikaboy: 11:31am On Sep 19, 2014
omenka: This is a clear case of murder, mass murder, and it would be a terrible case of miscarriage of justice should TB Joshua not go to jail.

Hope Fashola doesn't disappoint me.

U think say Fashola no like his life. U wan make dem give am spiritual wheel chair?
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 19, 2014
ladej: in their offices.

WHERE WERE YOU?

I was looking out for people like you who will always escape from common reasoning stage to the point of craving for 'dusa'
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by AfroBlue(m): 12:04pm On Sep 19, 2014
news and pics of the rescue

does the steel bar look up to code and engineering specs for this size structure?

[img]http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=HS.276316497307&pid=1.7[/img]

Nigeria: Church obstructed rescue, lives lost
Associated Press
By MICHELLE FAUL 21 minutes ago

https://news.yahoo.com/nigeria-church-obstructed-rescue-lives-lost-081813166.html

JOHANNESBURG (AP) — Church officials prevented rescuers from extricating victims at the site of a six-story building collapse, leading to a loss of lives, Nigeria's emergency agency said Friday.

Most victims were South African, according to the South African government, which said at least 67 South Africans died and 17 appear to be missing in the rubble of the six-story building that had a shopping mall on the ground floor and guest rooms above.

Ibrahim Farinloye, spokesman for the Nigerian Emergency Management Agency told The Associated Press that the building at televangelist T.B. Joshua's Synagogue, Church of All Nations, collapsed at 12:44 p.m. on Friday but rescuers did not get full access until after 5 p.m. on Sunday.

He said rescue workers were on the scene by 1:50 p.m. Friday and that as they were waiting, they were told that at least three people were trapped nearby. The rescuers saved them, Farinloye said. But church officials prevented rescuers from getting further access, he said.

"Some of us were even attacked (by church members). We wanted to ask the military to deploy to force access for us, but there were many foreigners at the church and we did not want to create an international incident," Farinloye said in a telephone interview.

Church members also were hostile to journalists and smashed at least one television camera.
T.B. Joshua could not immediately be reached for comment. At a televised service on Sunday, he urged his congregants not to be hostile to rescue workers and the media. In a tweet he said "Hard times may test me, they cannot destroy me. To withstand hard times, stand with Christ."

Eighty bodies were recovered and 131 survivors were found by the time the rescue operation ended at 3:35 p.m. Thursday, Farinloye said.

The last survivor was rescued from the debris on Tuesday, and had only a dislocated hand, Farinloye said.

He said rescuers lost the two or three critical hours immediately after a disaster when most lives are saved.

Farinloye said they only were allowed to carry out full rescue operations after Lagos state Gov. Babatunde Fashola met Sunday at the disaster site with Joshua, also called "The Prophet." According to a state government statement, Fashola told him: "What you need to understand now is that this place is now an accident scene, and so all your staff must leave this place. We need to take control of this place and let people who are trained to do this job do so."

South Africa flew a team into Lagos to help identify victims and console and help survivors.

South African Foreign Affairs spokesman Clayson Monyela told the AP the process of identifying victims will be lengthy and might involve getting fingerprints and DNA from family members.

"I think there will have to be a further investigation into what happened and how the church responded, but for now our focus is on helping families identify bodies and see that the injured are attended to," Monyela said.

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by poiZon: 12:06pm On Sep 19, 2014
olaeffect:

Let's stop corruption, let's stop corruption, we no gree, all we talk about is PDP, APC, and GEJ till 2019.
My neighbor in ministry of finance is embezzling funds and stealing oil money no one is saying anything because it does not directly affect human lives, I am in the ministry of environment and i am collection bribe to look the other way, since I don't have any oil money to steal, now you are saying I should lose my job because my action affects lives directly are we not both thieves? Do you know the number of human lives that the missing NNPC $20bn cut short?
No problem, continue, so their is now honour amongst thieves abi?

Let's put an end to corruption please, not minding any political, ethnic, tribal or religious affiliations. End corruption and every other thing will fall in place. Aside that it will be story as usual.

R.I.P to the dead.

i do we end corruption when almost all the sectors in the country is filled with corrupt men n women. from immigration to the custom man n d jtf in d creeks sabotaging oil theives and the politicians that ignore the basic policies that shud be put in place to checkmate erring officials n corrupt politicians. even the so called campaign for the return of GMB will be sabotaged at last minute cos if thr r people that will be really dealt a fatal blow with the fight against corruption, u can guess who they r. wont spill d tribe n d zone.
back to d matter scoan will go scot free, nothng will be done sofar they hv admitteed they wont readily moved into taking over the buildng not until thorough investigation is concluded. abeg hw will this be done when scoan is still in control of the premises and i believe at every close of daily activities, scoan treats the workers to a sumptous delicacy.
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by lexopus: 12:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
allisonluvsu: The Lagos State Government has indicted Prophet Temitope Joshua, General Overseer, Synagogue Church of All Nations, over the collapse of a 6-storey guest house in his church.

Death toll in the tragedy which occurred last Friday has hit 80 as rescue workers intensify efforts to evacuate the remaining victims trapped under the rubble. There is likely no hope of any more survivors.

•Prophet T.B. Joshua: Indicted

In a statement issued on Wednesday, the Lagos State Government insisted that Joshua did not have approval for the building, therefore the addition of more floors to the existing two-storey building was illegal.

Please leave the Prophet alone.
Source: http://naija247news.com/2014/09/lagos-implicates-t-b-joshua-as-death-toll-hits-80/#.VBvKs6Oh-XU

The government, however, said investigations were still on as to why the building collapsed.

Commissioner for Physical Planning and Urban Development, Olutoyin Ayinde said government would not shut down the church until investigations were concluded.

Ayinde expressed sincere condolences and sympathy with those that lost their loved ones and those that were injured in the unfortunate incident.

He said the Government and indeed the Ministry was particularly saddened that innocent lives were lost.

The Commissioner clarified that no plans were in the offing to take over the collapsed structure site until thorough and detailed investigation as to the cause(s) of the collapse had been concluded.

According to him, government is conducting a preliminary investigation into the cause(s) of the collapse and would leave nothing to chance to unravel what cause the building to collapse.

He added that if there was any violation of relevant planning laws, government would take appropriate action.

To this end, Ayinde said a team of engineers from the Ministry and other state government agencies were taking samples from the foundation and materials from the wreckage of the building for detailed analysis.

He stressed that government does not arbitrarily take over properties when testing to ascertain the structural integrity of any building that collapses.

On the veracity of the “Strange Plane Theory,” alleged to have dangerously flown low over the building 50 minutes before the collapse, he said the Ministry had submitted the video clips, as provided by the Church to the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) with the coordinate of the collapsed site for investigation and professional comment.

Meanwhile, the Chairman of the Lagos State House of Assembly Committee on the Environment, Tobun Abiodun, has expressed belief that some government officials may have allowed themselves to be compromised and influenced to allow the church construct the collapsed building illegally.

Ordinarily, officers in-charge of physical planning in the state are supposed to act where buildings become defective or where they do not follow laid-down procedures, he argued.

Tobun, who described the incident as a major disaster and a great loss, however, condoled with the families of the deceased and said the government needed to be more careful and pro-active to prevent a similar incident from happening again.

Quoting a report by the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, Tobun said that the building ought to have only four floors instead of six, according to the foundation of the house.

“Until they know that if they compromise in any way they are risking people’s lives, there would be problem. They should be more pro-active in the discharge of their duties,” he said.

But the Chairman of the Physical Planning Committee of the House, Mufutau Egberongbe, while defending the officials of the Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development, urged Nigerians to adopt voluntary compliance to laws as enforcement of the laws is supposed to be a last resort.

One of the challenges facing the ministry, according to Egberongbe, is the lack of adequate staff.

“How many are the staff of the ministry to go round Lagos when buildings are springing up on a daily basis? Voluntary compliance to laws should be our primary responsibility,” he said.

He said the government officials would have faced heavy criticisms from people if they had decided to implement the law to the letter in relation to the building, adding that it even costs the government money to carry out demolition of structures.

To him, if the church had done what it should do, the incident would have been averted.

Poster: www.loadedvilla.com
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by lakesider(m): 12:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
kingzjay: Will this bring back the dead?

it can prevent future occurances

Just asking sha!!!
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by ajf(m): 12:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
Has the 'man of God' been charged to court yet?
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by feedthenation(m): 12:35pm On Sep 19, 2014
The Town Planners in charge of building structures, the Local Government Area in control of Ikotun, the State Government and ultimately the SCOAN church are all guilty in this sad episode. There is no need to blame any aircraft for the collapsing of the building.

What compensation will be paid to the families of the departed?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Need An Interpretation Of This Dream / Pastor Isaac Pada's Wife, Precious, Four Children Missing In Abuja / Chris Oyakhilome's Malaria Vaccine Conspiracy Theories By BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.