Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,574 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't (29256 Views)

General Overseer & Wife Fight Dirty Over Church Ownership, Wife Floors Hubby / How Illuminati Collapsed Tb Joshua Guest House (synagogue Church Of All Nation) / Video Of How Synagogue Church Guest House Collasped Plus Aircraft Hovering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 19, 2014
tempest01: Where they adding more floors with people inside?

shocked

[size=20pt]WTF?[/size]

1 Like

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Afroconnect: 8:39am On Sep 19, 2014
snowprince07: Ok is that why they attack it?? lipsrsealed
U sure are a bloody dummy,there was no sound of bomb blast dat day in the area.

Damn what educated idiots we have in this space.

3 Likes

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by anonimi: 8:41am On Sep 19, 2014
if it is ILLEGAL and so many people died as a result of the ILLEGAL action what is the government of Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN doing about charging ALL those responsible for the clearly AVOIDABLE deaths to court for MANSLAUGHTER (at least)

3 Likes

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by wirelessssss(m): 8:42am On Sep 19, 2014
looking4job: HELLO NAIRALANDERS,

PLEASE SAVE A BROTHER. SAVE A SOUL. I'M FRUSTRATED AND SINKING IN ABJECT POVERTY. I NEED A JOB URGENTLY AND I WILL SINCERELY APPRECIATE ANY FORM OF HELP RENDERED TO ME CONCERNING GETTING EMPLOYED. IF YOU'RE IN POSITION TO HELP WITH ANY USEFUL INFORMATION, KINDLY PM ME. GOD BLESS YOU ALL

I feel you, you're not alone on this, some even lost their lives as they struggled to get a chance with that immigration saga.

But from the looks of your profile it says:

Sections Most Active In: Politics, Romance ,
Celebrities

Just saying...it's well with us all!

@topic
this shouldn't be about "MOG", death toll is not a question of numbers it is a question of human lives.

Joshua-though he has contributed immensely to the community- should, not minding what people say, personally take responsibility as a member of the community.

Let the needful be done REGARDLESS!

1 Like

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by MadCow1: 8:43am On Sep 19, 2014
Though I like the Man Joshua, he should at least serve some jail time of 15 years for Manslaughter..

He can preach the Gospel from behind bars, no problem..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Pamcrest(f): 8:44am On Sep 19, 2014
As usual, our govt officials (town planning) got caught sleeping on their feet! Those guys go to construction sites only to collect bribe....nothing more. So U can imagine how much TBJ doled out to get them to look d other way but God is God......they have now been exposed.

BRF, my guy, pls investigate n prosecute TBJ, the handlers of that building and d town planning officials....no sacred cows abeg.
SA govt+famililies of d victims should also file civil suits against Scoan and TBJ who is fast turning into a serial killer......first Ebola now collapsed bld.
My humble submission.

1 Like

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 19, 2014
Afroconnect:
U sure are a bloody dummy,there was no sound of bomb blast dat day in the area.

Damn what educated idiots we have in this space.
easy man did I mention bomb blast here why insult dis early morning ??
by d way my post was just a joke and u are here showing people ur talent no put ur frustration 4 my head dis morning o abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by JerryJJZ(m): 8:48am On Sep 19, 2014
Our elders say, when a big problem dominate one, the smaller ones will come to place. (Ti ogun anla ba gbeni subu, kekeke o ma gori eni),, just because of the unfortunate incidence, a pastor first came saying 'how TB Joshua took his wife' another one 'The illegal construction of the buildings' and still 80 innocent lives dead,,, hmmmmm deris God o
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by QuiverBox(f): 8:49am On Sep 19, 2014

PLEASE SAVE A BROTHER. SAVE A SOUL. I'M FRUSTRATED AND SINKING IN ABJECT POVERTY. I NEED A JOB URGENTLY AND I WILL SINCERELY APPRECIATE ANY FORM OF HELP RENDERED TO ME CONCERNING GETTING EMPLOYED. IF YOU'RE IN POSITION TO HELP WITH ANY USEFUL INFORMATION, KINDLY PM ME. GOD BLESS YOU ALL

You are Looking for Job, and your Most active Sections on Nairaland are "Politics, Romance and Celebrities" i was Expecting to see that you are active in "Jobs/ Vacancy".

3 Likes

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by ogaibe1(m): 8:50am On Sep 19, 2014
All these churches in Nigeria are bunch of frauds, i say frauds, i will rather dash my money to a beggar in computer village than give my hard earned money to these so called pastors in Nigeria. They have divided family, failed marriages because of their fake visions and caused broken hearts with thier fake prayers and yet nigerians keep flocking to them like a blind sheep.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by arthurflex(m): 8:56am On Sep 19, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]

Death tolls around the church is not a good thing, the church is were people are saved, this is really a bad Omen, #dead people crying for help around the church premises, God please help us.

3 Likes

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by destante(f): 8:57am On Sep 19, 2014
QuiverBox:

You are Looking for Job, and your Most active Sections on Nairaland are "Politics, Romance and Celebrities" i was Expecting to see that you are active in "Jobs/ Vacancy".
He is spreading his nets more broadly now angry

1 Like

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by anssy(f): 9:04am On Sep 19, 2014
PAGAN9JA: [size=18pt]WE MUST RETURN TO THE RELIGION OF OVA ANCESTORS!

HOW CAN WE AFFORD TO CONTINUE WITH THIS FOREIGN SCAM RELIGION[/size]

#Nigeria4PAGANISM
long time, ve missed your posts

2 Likes

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by dorox(m): 9:05am On Sep 19, 2014
kingzjay: Will this bring back the dead?

Just asking sha!!!

Do you mean to tell me that if your friends child is run down by an over speeding drunk driver, you will advise your friend not to seek justice on the ground that the child is dead and will remain dead no matter the severity of the punishment given to the driver? I know you wouldn't do that, but now that it involves religion and a "man of god" you suddenly seem to lack the capacity to think rationally.

Whenever there is a breach of the law in any given society, it is the duty of the people in that society to hold the law breaker accountable and extract the maximum punishment as prescribed by their law, lest people begin to see that there is more profit to them than retribution in breaking the law, thereby creating a free for all society where anything goes and anarchy rules just like you have in Nigeria today.

4 Likes

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by KLEINBASS: 9:06am On Sep 19, 2014
in south africa he would have been arrested an charged, but with judges like masipa(pistorous's judge) he would probably walk free with a warning and community service
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by olaeffect(m): 9:07am On Sep 19, 2014
free2ryhme: When citizens have no regards for existing govt laws situations like this are bound to happen

Simple truth.

And citizens here refers to everybody, both the government and the govern (plus, including GEJ the number one citizen). Because when you put "citizen" and "law" in the same sentence some people think they are no longer citizens.
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 19, 2014
the law should be obeyed!

1 Like

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by cliffm43: 9:12am On Sep 19, 2014
USELESS GOVERNMENT,,,,THIS IS WHY I LIKE CHINESE GOVERNMENT IN SUCH CASE,,,,BECAUSE OF ONE MANS CARELESS ,MORE THEN HUNDRED PEOPLE HAVE DIED AND YOU NEVER CLOSE DOWN THE CHURCH,,,,USELESS PEOPLE,BECAUSE YOUR BROTHER,SISTER,MOTHER OR FATHER IS NOT AMONG THE DEAD ONES,,,SIMPLY CLOSE DOWN THAT CHURCH AND SENTENCE THE MAN FOR KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE

1 Like

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by QuiverBox(f): 9:14am On Sep 19, 2014
destante: He is spreading his nets more broadly now angry

Hmmm, I see

1 Like

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by blessedqueen(f): 9:16am On Sep 19, 2014
bushdoc9919: So all those crying about insidious planes....and so on....una don hear.?

I expect to see the arrest and prosecution of the contractor and the SCOAN members responsible for the building site on charges of manslaughter.

I also expect a class action lawsuit by all those who have lost loved ones in the collapse against SCOAN and TB Joshua.

And I expect some Government officials to lose their jobs and to be prosecuted for possible negligence and corruption

This type of negligence must not be tolerated again.[size=13pt] Enough is enough.[/size]

Are u expecting all dese things u just mentioned in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by vm26: 9:18am On Sep 19, 2014
[right][/right]
Padipadi: I see this as medicine after death.
Lagos State town planning knew that Synagogue was adding to the 6 storey building but nobody talked.
Some might v been bribed, some might do the usual ignore!
So many illegal buildings in Lagos, other parts of the country.
Last Bullet
We only hear these kinda news after a building has collapsed & killed several people.
You go to Idumota & see those buildings leaning against one another, waiting to collapse. Yet some people ll be selling cloths in them with their costumers.

perfect truth.where were they all along when the place was being extended.
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by daben1(m): 9:18am On Sep 19, 2014
Abot 70 people died from the collapsed building, hmmmmm, i don't it's natural, something is behind it
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Johnflavour(m): 9:19am On Sep 19, 2014
This is a trying time to the people of scoan.may God help see them through.
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Elliotshedrach: 9:20am On Sep 19, 2014
kingzjay: Will this bring back the dead?

Rest in peace to the dead

Just asking sha!!!
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by LexNuel(m): 9:21am On Sep 19, 2014
01mcfadden: This is totally unacceptable.
Jugdement must prevail even if heaven will fall. Just that we will soon forget this news as nothing will happen cos even as all men should be equal bt some are more equal than others!

Totaly agree...my condolesces to dose who lost anybdy
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by fyneboi79(m): 9:23am On Sep 19, 2014

Look unto God cos man can never help ‎u.
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by soldierdollar(m): 9:34am On Sep 19, 2014
natureblack: an ironic moment when the "great diviner "couldn't see this happen right under his nose.

RIP to the dead though

Jesus was crucified . He should have stopped them . Stephen was stoned . God should have saved him ... John the baptist was beheaded , He should have forseen it ( as a prophet of God ) ... And the list continues

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by ladej(m): 9:35am On Sep 19, 2014
sunnyshayne: Where was LASG when the floors where being increased?
in their offices.

WHERE WERE YOU?
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by karpentar: 9:37am On Sep 19, 2014
allisonluvsu: The Lagos State Government has indicted Prophet Temitope Joshua, General Overseer, Synagogue Church of All Nations, over the collapse of a 6-storey guest house in his church.

Death toll in the tragedy which occurred last Friday has hit 80 as rescue workers intensify efforts to evacuate the remaining victims trapped under the rubble. There is likely no hope of any more survivors.

•Prophet T.B. Joshua: Indicted

In a statement issued on Wednesday, the Lagos State Government insisted that Joshua did not have approval for the building, therefore the addition of more floors to the existing two-storey building was illegal.

Source: http://naija247news.com/2014/09/lagos-implicates-t-b-joshua-as-death-toll-hits-80/#.VBvKs6Oh-XU

The government, however, said investigations were still on as to why the building collapsed.

Commissioner for Physical Planning and Urban Development, Olutoyin Ayinde said government would not shut down the church until investigations were concluded.

Ayinde expressed sincere condolences and sympathy with those that lost their loved ones and those that were injured in the unfortunate incident.

He said the Government and indeed the Ministry was particularly saddened that innocent lives were lost.

The Commissioner clarified that no plans were in the offing to take over the collapsed structure site until thorough and detailed investigation as to the cause(s) of the collapse had been concluded.

According to him, government is conducting a preliminary investigation into the cause(s) of the collapse and would leave nothing to chance to unravel what cause the building to collapse.

He added that if there was any violation of relevant planning laws, government would take appropriate action.

To this end, Ayinde said a team of engineers from the Ministry and other state government agencies were taking samples from the foundation and materials from the wreckage of the building for detailed analysis.

He stressed that government does not arbitrarily take over properties when testing to ascertain the structural integrity of any building that collapses.

On the veracity of the “Strange Plane Theory,” alleged to have dangerously flown low over the building 50 minutes before the collapse, he said the Ministry had submitted the video clips, as provided by the Church to the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) with the coordinate of the collapsed site for investigation and professional comment.

Meanwhile, the Chairman of the Lagos State House of Assembly Committee on the Environment, Tobun Abiodun, has expressed belief that some government officials may have allowed themselves to be compromised and influenced to allow the church construct the collapsed building illegally.

Ordinarily, officers in-charge of physical planning in the state are supposed to act where buildings become defective or where they do not follow laid-down procedures, he argued.

Tobun, who described the incident as a major disaster and a great loss, however, condoled with the families of the deceased and said the government needed to be more careful and pro-active to prevent a similar incident from happening again.

Quoting a report by the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, Tobun said that the building ought to have only four floors instead of six, according to the foundation of the house.

“But my concern is that we have town planning officers that should supervise buildings in the state, they are accomplices. There is no way someone would build a six-storey building instead of four and they would say they were not aware. I believe that they compromised standard.

“Until they know that if they compromise in any way they are risking people’s lives, there would be problem. They should be more pro-active in the discharge of their duties,” he said.

But the Chairman of the Physical Planning Committee of the House, Mufutau Egberongbe, while defending the officials of the Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development, urged Nigerians to adopt voluntary compliance to laws as enforcement of the laws is supposed to be a last resort.

One of the challenges facing the ministry, according to Egberongbe, is the lack of adequate staff.

“How many are the staff of the ministry to go round Lagos when buildings are springing up on a daily basis? Voluntary compliance to laws should be our primary responsibility,” he said.

He said the government officials would have faced heavy criticisms from people if they had decided to implement the law to the letter in relation to the building, adding that it even costs the government money to carry out demolition of structures.

To him, if the church had done what it should do, the incident would have been averted.

Poster: www.loadedvilla.com

Then be courageous and do the needful. Arrest that rogue call TB Joshua and seal his synagogue 419 centre. No criminal including Tinubu is above the law.

1 Like

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by soma042(m): 9:42am On Sep 19, 2014
Afroconnect: Its uncceptable for so many people to die due to negligence of some.

Lagos state government should see beyond these manipulations going on,as dumb ignorant blind people are scared to comment on the truth cos they are scared to talk about gospel business men.
Dumbb Nigerians always turning a blind eye even when the truth is glary.
No space for manipulators,mediocres and dummiies in heaven-see the truth,speak it and it sets u free.

the laws of the land must prevail-Fashola am sure is a wise man and will act decisively-impunity should not be tolerated.

Nice summary sha~ I'm a victim too, though I'm not blind nor dumb and not even ignorant is just that this is the basic principle imbibed in our early life to always respect the prophet And i don't think is bad anyway.
Nothwithstanding, the pastor should turn in for arrest cus for me this is total negligence and he should face the consequence
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by careema(f): 9:45am On Sep 19, 2014
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by careema(f): 9:46am On Sep 19, 2014
allisonluvsu: The Lagos State Government has indicted Prophet Temitope Joshua, General Overseer, Synagogue Church of All Nations, over the collapse of a 6-storey guest house in his church.

Death toll in the tragedy which occurred last Friday has hit 80 as rescue workers intensify efforts to evacuate the remaining victims trapped under the rubble. There is likely no hope of any more survivors.

•Prophet T.B. Joshua: Indicted

In a statement issued on Wednesday, the Lagos State Government insisted that Joshua did not have approval for the building, therefore the addition of more floors to the existing two-storey building was illegal.

Source: http://naija247news.com/2014/09/lagos-implicates-t-b-joshua-as-death-toll-hits-80/#.VBvKs6Oh-XU

The government, however, said investigations were still on as to why the building collapsed.

Commissioner for Physical Planning and Urban Development, Olutoyin Ayinde said government would not shut down the church until investigations were concluded.

Ayinde expressed sincere condolences and sympathy with those that lost their loved ones and those that were injured in the unfortunate incident.

He said the Government and indeed the Ministry was particularly saddened that innocent lives were lost.

The Commissioner clarified that no plans were in the offing to take over the collapsed structure site until thorough and detailed investigation as to the cause(s) of the collapse had been concluded.

According to him, government is conducting a preliminary investigation into the cause(s) of the collapse and would leave nothing to chance to unravel what cause the building to collapse.

He added that if there was any violation of relevant planning laws, government would take appropriate action.

To this end, Ayinde said a team of engineers from the Ministry and other state government agencies were taking samples from the foundation and materials from the wreckage of the building for detailed analysis.

He stressed that government does not arbitrarily take over properties when testing to ascertain the structural integrity of any building that collapses.

On the veracity of the “Strange Plane Theory,” alleged to have dangerously flown low over the building 50 minutes before the collapse, he said the Ministry had submitted the video clips, as provided by the Church to the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) with the coordinate of the collapsed site for investigation and professional comment.

Meanwhile, the Chairman of the Lagos State House of Assembly Committee on the Environment, Tobun Abiodun, has expressed belief that some government officials may have allowed themselves to be compromised and influenced to allow the church construct the collapsed building illegally.

Ordinarily, officers in-charge of physical planning in the state are supposed to act where buildings become defective or where they do not follow laid-down procedures, he argued.

Tobun, who described the incident as a major disaster and a great loss, however, condoled with the families of the deceased and said the government needed to be more careful and pro-active to prevent a similar incident from happening again.

Quoting a report by the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, Tobun said that the building ought to have only four floors instead of six, according to the foundation of the house.

“But my concern is that we have town planning officers that should supervise buildings in the state, they are accomplices. There is no way someone would build a six-storey building instead of four and they would say they were not aware. I believe that they compromised standard.

“Until they know that if they compromise in any way they are risking people’s lives, there would be problem. They should be more pro-active in the discharge of their duties,” he said.

But the Chairman of the Physical Planning Committee of the House, Mufutau Egberongbe, while defending the officials of the Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development, urged Nigerians to adopt voluntary compliance to laws as enforcement of the laws is supposed to be a last resort.

One of the challenges facing the ministry, according to Egberongbe, is the lack of adequate staff.

“How many are the staff of the ministry to go round Lagos when buildings are springing up on a daily basis? Voluntary compliance to laws should be our primary responsibility,” he said.

He said the government officials would have faced heavy criticisms from people if they had decided to implement the law to the letter in relation to the building, adding that it even costs the government money to carry out demolition of structures.

To him, if the church had done what it should do, the incident would have been averted.

Poster: www.loadedvilla.com

I can understand what happened, he elevated two story building to six, what i dont understand is Lagos state government reaction. I was expecting all those draconian uniformed Lagos agencies to get into overdrive. I was expecting a rush to investigate and eventually prosecute T.B. Joshua. Instead, he gets a gubernatorial visit and photo-ops and we see him conducting Fashola on an inspection tour of the site. Houses have been collapsing in Lagos for much the same reason: illegal additions with zilch consideration for the structural integrity of the foundation. Lagos state agencies have always descended on such landlords. None of them has ever earned a gubernatorial visit.
So, what happened here? Why is TB Joshua not in legal detention, answering questions? The sacred cow thing? When the dogs bark in the agencies of Lagos state, they cower immediately the familiar face of the rich and mighty shows up? Bi aja ba n gbo...? Is that the philosophy at work here? What sort of society is this? Why is ceteris never paribus in Nigeria? Ceteris paribus, if you break the law, you face the music. Why is our own ceteris always amputated from its paribus? Why do we have a society of amputee ceteris?This is so disappointing. This is behaviour one would normally have expected from Jonathan and his government. But Fashola and Lagos?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 / Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months / Pastor Isaac Pada's Wife, Precious, Four Children Missing In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.