Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Cadet Pilot At Atlantic Aviation - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Cadet Pilot At Atlantic Aviation (22072 Views)

2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited / Bristol Helicopter Cadet Pilot Training / Bristow Cadet Pilot Test Invitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cadet Pilot At Atlantic Aviation by seagullbabz(m): 5:04pm On Oct 21, 2014
I would advise everyone take a chill pill and calm down. I also attended the assessment and interview at global profiler and I haven't been called for the next stage. And I wouldn't because of this pour dirt on global profilers. It was a very good assessment as far as I am concerned, irrespective of not being called. Like Davide470 once said on this thread, some of those questions were meant to throw us off balance and see our reactions. One of the qualities of being a pilot is to remain calm and be able to maintain your cool when there are issues. If you do a Google search for ridiculous interview questions at top firms in the world, we would all be surprised at the kind of questions they ask people, which I am sure is not to test their class of degree or how brilliant they were in school, but to test a lot of different things about their personalities. I would suggest we learn from this and move ahead and be open to a lot of questions in successive interviews. Calling each other names won't change the fact that some people will be called, and some will not be called. May God give grace to our nairaland team who are having interviews in A.A....Bless

4 Likes

Re: Cadet Pilot At Atlantic Aviation by icecrown: 6:22pm On Oct 21, 2014
@Seagullbabz,

U are right about the use of off-point questions to destabilize your focus and see how you can balance up. I remember during my interview I was still trying to articulate and convince the interviewer on my skills and why I wanted to be a pilot when she interjected and asked why I think fewer ladies will apply for a pilot position....I had to "reboot", "refresh" and "restart" my head instantly and attempt the question without making smirking statements that would seem like i'm casting aspersions against the female gender......so I think those questions were just to see your ability to reason on varying platforms/subjects and still make absolute sense.

1 Like

Re: Cadet Pilot At Atlantic Aviation by seagullbabz(m): 7:22pm On Oct 21, 2014
icecrown:
@Seagullbabz,

U are right about the use of off-point questions to destabilize your focus and see how you can balance up. I remember during my interview I was still trying to articulate and convince the interviewer on my skills and why I wanted to be a pilot when she interjected and asked why I think fewer ladies will apply for a pilot position....I had to "reboot", "refresh" and "restart" my head instantly and attempt the question without making smirking statements that would seem like i'm casting aspersions against the female gender......so I think those questions were just to see your ability to reason on varying platforms/subjects and still make absolute sense.

Sure bro, you are very right...like I told a friend of mine, I do not see anything wrong in the interview questions, I was caught off-guard a few times that day, but truth is, I have learnt lessons for another day.

1 Like

Re: Cadet Pilot At Atlantic Aviation by Ametoe: 11:05am On Oct 24, 2014
Too bad if you feel offended, you're sharing your views and so am I. Congratulations on your educational conquest. Life is a learning field and we learn from different people and different circumstances. I have attended quite a number of interviews and I am very familiar with question dynamics especially when it is graduate trainee position. I have been asked the question 'What is a Circle' at an interview with Deliotte. At that point I was wondering what concerns an Auditing firm with shapes. This is just saying so that in preparing for other interviews, one is better prepared but if you feel the questions are silly and you do not groom your mind in answering such questions you may miss other opportunities. I only take out time to respond to comments so that others can learn and are not misguided by negative views.

1 Like

Re: Cadet Pilot At Atlantic Aviation by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 24, 2014
Thank you @Ametoe et al, variety is the spice of life, and seeing things from diverse perspectives broadens our horizons. I've learnt from you guys, from your various contributions especially your experiences shared. Its good to have you all here.
Ametoe:
Too bad if you feel offended, you're sharing your views and so am I. Congratulations on your educational conquest. Life is a learning field and we learn from different people and different circumstances. I have attended quite a number of interviews and I am very familiar with question dynamics especially when it is graduate trainee position. I have been asked the question 'What is a Circle' at an interview with Deliotte. At that point I was wondering what concerns an Auditing firm with shapes. This is just saying so that in preparing for other interviews, one is better prepared but if you feel the questions are silly and you do not groom your mind in answering such questions you may miss other opportunities. I only take out time to respond to comments so that others can learn and are not misguided by negative views.
Re: Cadet Pilot At Atlantic Aviation by seagullbabz(m): 5:18pm On Oct 24, 2014
Ametoe:

I was asked that same question at global profilers
Re: Cadet Pilot At Atlantic Aviation by Mekyno(m): 6:30pm On Oct 24, 2014
seagullbabz:

I was asked that same question at global profilers
guy, wetin u ans dem?......#winks n laffing#
Re: Cadet Pilot At Atlantic Aviation by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 24, 2014
Mekyno:

Yes, @Seagullbabz and Ametoe how did you answer?
Re: Cadet Pilot At Atlantic Aviation by seagullbabz(m): 7:29pm On Oct 24, 2014
Mekyno:

Hahaha...make I no talk am ooo, I told them it's a line around an orbit...na so them ask me wetin be orbit, I just tire, look the girls, come smile sheepishly say easy questns like this are what throws someone off guard
Re: Cadet Pilot At Atlantic Aviation by seagullbabz(m): 7:31pm On Oct 24, 2014
naijamark:

Yes, @Seagullbabz and Ametoe how did you answer?

Line around an orbit grin cheesy...d question came as a shock, I cldnt even think

1 Like

Re: Cadet Pilot At Atlantic Aviation by Rebeni: 8:19pm On Oct 24, 2014
The Locus of a line about a fixed point is a CIRCLE.
Locus is the path traced by any line.
(New General Mathematics for West Africa SSS1 by A.J Channon, J.B. Smith & R. Ogundipe).

2 Likes

Re: Cadet Pilot At Atlantic Aviation by wo1F(m): 8:25pm On Oct 24, 2014
Rebeni:
(New General Mathematics SSS1 by Channon & Smith).

Make I hear say you talk am like that cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cadet Pilot At Atlantic Aviation by Rebeni: 8:41pm On Oct 24, 2014
Knew that since high school,aint part of the interviewee, just a contributor so that we build an expert system that is capable of learning from experience.
wo1F:

Make I hear say you talk am like that cheesy
Re: Cadet Pilot At Atlantic Aviation by icecrown: 12:57pm On Oct 26, 2014
Rebeni:
(New General Mathematics for West Africa SSS1 by A.J Channon, J.B. Smith & R. Ogundipe).

LWTMB grin....at that point in the interview session trust me this plenty English wey you knack so go disappear from your head.....lol

2 Likes

Re: Cadet Pilot At Atlantic Aviation by seagullbabz(m): 2:50pm On Oct 26, 2014
icecrown:

LWTMB grin....at that point in the interview session trust me this plenty English wey you knack so go disappear from your head.....lol

Abi nau, if anyone had told me, I wouldn't say the definition of circle, I would have said impossible... but at that moment in the interview, I couldn't even draw the inspiration.
Re: Cadet Pilot At Atlantic Aviation by Rebeni: 7:00pm On Oct 26, 2014
According to mythology, the only thing that can kill a werewolf is a silver bullet but Fredrick P. Brooks in his book titled "No Silver Bullet" opined that there is no silver bullet & further argued that even if there is, you can still shoot yourself at the feet.
In the novel "The Shepherd" by Fedrick Forsyth during an emergency situation the pilot has to fight the rising sense of panic that kills faster than anything else. Fight the flight and fright to grab that chance is key to successful interview.

icecrown:

seagullbabz:

Abi nau, if anyone had told me, I wouldn't say the definition of circle, I would have said impossible... but at that moment in the interview, I couldn't even draw the inspiration.
Re: Cadet Pilot At Atlantic Aviation by Ametoe: 10:38am On Oct 27, 2014
Well I was not asked during AA interview, it was at Deliotte and what I told the interviewer was that a circle is a shape that has no beginning and has no end and then the interviewer said and, then I confuse but immediately I thought of defining it in relation to business as it is an organization so I immediately said it can be defined in relation to business as a continuity of innovation that in business one has to always come up with new ideas and never remain stagnant and I believe it was a good answer because I got called to the next stage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cadet Pilot At Atlantic Aviation by Rebeni: 1:29pm On Oct 27, 2014
Ametoe:
Well I was not asked during AA interview, it was at Deliotte
i.e the flight-(monster question)
Ametoe:

and what I told the interviewer was that a circle is a shape that has no beginning and has no end and then the interviewer said and,then I confuse
i.e the fright
Ametoe:
but immediately I thought of defining it in relation to business as it is an organization so I immediately said it can be defined in relation to business as a continuity of innovation that in business one has to always come up with new ideas and never remain stagnant
i.e the fight-
Ametoe:

and I believe it was a good answer because I got called to the next stage.
In an interview both ones aptitude and attitude to fright and flight is exposed to see ones reaction and response time to fight a novel situation.
Hence no silver bullet!
Re: Cadet Pilot At Atlantic Aviation by tempex88(m): 5:27pm On Oct 31, 2014
Anyone with the Job offer yet?

2 Likes

Re: Cadet Pilot At Atlantic Aviation by MrKwaziri: 3:06pm On Nov 04, 2014
?
Re: Cadet Pilot At Atlantic Aviation by Tosadi(m): 7:39am On Nov 07, 2014
REJECTION STATUS !
From Global Profilers
Bcc tosadi
Thu, Nov 6, 2014 9:42 PM MST
View full HTML message
Dear Candidate,
This is to inform you that your
Assessment Exercise for the Cadet
Pilot
Position with Atlantic Aviation
was unsuccessful.
We appreciate your interest in
Atlantic Aviation and wish you the
best in
your career.
Kindly visit our website
www.globalprofilers.comfor
future openings.
Thank you
Global Profilers Recruitment Team
Re: Cadet Pilot At Atlantic Aviation by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 07, 2014
Tosadi:
REJECTION STATUS !
From Global Profilers
Bcc tosadi
Thu, Nov 6, 2014 9:42 PM MST
View full HTML message
Dear Candidate,
This is to inform you that your
Assessment Exercise for the Cadet
Pilot
Position with Atlantic Aviation
was unsuccessful.
We appreciate your interest in
Atlantic Aviation and wish you the
best in
your career.
Kindly visit our website
www.globalprofilers.comfor
future openings.
Thank you

Na so dem nak me too grin
Dear Candidate,

This is to inform you that your Assessment Exercise for the Cadet Pilot Position with Atlantic Aviation was unsuccessful.

We appreciate your interest in Atlantic Aviation and wish you the best in your career.

Kindly visit our website www.globalprofilers.com for future openings.

Thank you

Re: Cadet Pilot At Atlantic Aviation by MrKwaziri: 12:15pm On Nov 07, 2014
Finally, Game is officially over.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Just Got A Job Of 50k After I Lost My Last Job / Graduate Begs For N18,000 Job On Facebook / How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.