Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland (25751 Views)

5 Great Differences Between Guys And Ladies / WTH! Bridegroom Molests a guest on his own wedding / What Would You Miss If You Were To Leave Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by epospiky(m): 11:05pm On Sep 19, 2014
Nairaland...land of fun!
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by NZERIBE1: 11:06pm On Sep 19, 2014
Waec GCE Mathematics Answers Obj And Theory Waec Gce. Grab your own now Call 08105371955 now b4 it late
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Wisdytech(m): 11:10pm On Sep 19, 2014
really?
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by tusticks(m): 11:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
hatux: So? You think some are here for the same reasons as yours....
 use to be until yestarday
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by eleojo23: 11:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
Horayce:
But a sensitive person may well learn to develop thick skin if u r barraged with insults. Certainly worked for me.
Yeah. I'm not surprised anymore when I see such comments. It's just that I expect people to be mature even when they want to counter an opinion. But anyway, this is a public forum made up of different kinds of people with varying personalities so it's not unexpected.

1 Like

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by ekenzify(m): 11:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
Also, u cant follow up ur favourite topics... n also inability to have access to 'CERTAIN' section(s) smiley
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by epospiky(m): 11:14pm On Sep 19, 2014
adonbilivit: lmao! those are not enough reasons to sign up. only kids would sign up to get likes and mentions. expect a decent list from me y'all
Until it's ready, this piece is undisputable.

1 Like

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by jennylove7575(f): 11:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
Op I love ur topic....I love Nairaland. I don't give a damn I speak my mind...if any user insults me, I put them in their place... That is it...being a guest truly ain't fun..u experience the fun when u participate....in Nairaland you get to meet matured, intelligent people on the politics and general session.... Too many babies in romance session... Although from their comments you can separate the stripes from the spots.
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by egopersonified(f): 11:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
olaxco2f: U know all this? How was your waec resukts?

Is that my name on that result? Tufiakwa. My standard five result of 1975 was all As.
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Donsheddy: 11:16pm On Sep 19, 2014
Last to comment tinza
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Rikidony(m): 11:16pm On Sep 19, 2014
@OP HW MUCH SEUN GAVE U. grin grin
SHA WHAT I HATE ABOUT NAIRALAND IS THAT AM ADDICTED grin grin AND I SPEND ALL MY MB ON THIS SITE angry angry angry BUT AIN'T REG RATING THOUGH
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Ayosky19(m): 11:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
imsuboi: sure bet front page grin grin
STRAIGHT WIN grin
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by adonbilivit: 11:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
epospiky:
Until it's ready, this piece is undisputable.
cool
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by uzolexis(f): 11:20pm On Sep 19, 2014
I was a guest for so many years and finally registered last year, now i'm addicted to NL....i love NL. God bless seun for creating this wonderful forum that gives us a voice,God bless Nlanders kiss smiley
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Donsheddy: 11:20pm On Sep 19, 2014
Ltc
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by mikewoques: 11:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
Ofcourse. Like making a comment on thread then exiting your browser hoping for '105 Likes' only for you to log in and see '3 Likes'.
1 Like for your stupidity.
2 Likes for your grammar.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Chidiebere1978(f): 11:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
Tel me more
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by opportunist: 11:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
mikewoques: Ofcourse. Like making a comment on thread then exiting your browser hoping for '105 Likes' only for you to log in and see '3 Likes'.
1 Like for your stupidity.
2 Likes for your grammar.
ur 1st like remaining 2.
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
and they miss out on the use of these awesome emoticons/smileys or wateva they call them shocked smiley tongue undecided cool angry grin
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
adonbilivit: lmao! those are not enough reasons to sign up. only kids would sign up to get likes and mentions. expect a decent list from me y'all
But you signed up all the same. It doesn't have to be for those reasons alone.
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by guttentag(m): 11:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
So you feel say you brilliant Abi?

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by wo1F(m): 11:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
NmaGOD44: this is so true....I can remember wen I was a quest here up until my first comment.....I was like 'wooow....did I really do dat?'....i've come to really like NL thanks to my sis

Ermm e get one thread for FP the other day wey d OP say she introduce her younger sis come NL as boyfriend break her heart. Abeg na nox o, na you be be that?
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by herald9: 11:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
Rikidony: @OP HW MUCH SEUN GAVE U. grin grin
SHA WHAT I HATE ABOUT NAIRALAND IS THAT AM ADDICTED grin grin AND I SPEND ALL MY MB ON THIS SITE angry angry angry BUT AIN'T REG RATING THOUGH
PEOPLE ARE GETTING GB... YOU'RE STILL MANAGING MB SINCE THE DAYS OF MY GRANNY...

DON'T DIE A POOR MAN O undecidedgrin
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 19, 2014
eida first page or not...

i go
B
O
O
K
Space
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by pocohantas(f): 11:30pm On Sep 19, 2014
shares this is a fairly recent feature which allows you to share any post you deem fit, to the dismay/delight of your FG/FS(followers/following). As a guest you cant access this feature.

create topic As the name implies, it allows you create a topic on information you want to share or questions you want the house to ponder on with you, though recently this feature has been overly abused.

Pls open a NL account today...

1 Like

Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
68 guest viewing.
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by creamylicious(f): 11:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
No thanks to my asha 201, I thot I had arrived when I first had that phone. Then came google searches, research and nairaland kept popping up. I go just open,enjoy comments buh could not comment. I tried and tried until I landed my first android phone. What a relief!!! Sharpardly I got an account. I need to open eyes more sha.
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by Iniotong(m): 11:33pm On Sep 19, 2014
dadojo: 5 Features you miss as a guest on Nairaland
Being a registered member of Nairaland comes with its unique thrill and benefits. Visiting nairaland as a guest excludes you from such benefits. Some of the features and benefits guest viewers miss out on are as below:

Signatures: Looking at the signature of some users can be educative, informative and sometimes annoying. Even as a registered user, I didn't know I was missing out on this feature until I created my own signature. Peoples signature can give some level of insight about their real life personalities.

Likes: There are some pretty funny and very enlightening posts on nairaland that just makes you laugh and feel good that you feel like returning the favour to such posters for making your day by hitting their like button. As a guest you don't get to see the like buttons let alone hitting one.

Follow: You may come across some topics that are of high interest to you. But as a guest on the forum, you simply miss out on following such topics as you won't receive notifications when such threads are updated. At times it might take you minutes and lots of data to browse through the large collection of topics before you finally locate you favourite thread.

Mention: The fun of being a user of a forum is not complete if no one ever knows of your existence, talkless of quoting or mentioning you. The mention feature is one great feature that gives you relevance as a registerd user because you get to know when someone mentions your name on a particular thread or topic.

Reply:
Finally, being just an observer in my opinion has little or no fun. Making things happen or being among those who makes things happen in any forum or group or arena can be fulfilling on its own. It gives you a sense of relevance. As a guest, you miss out in contributing to very educative and informative topics.

There are many other features on Nairaland not available to guest, but these are the ones that really thrills me as a registered user.
The number of days and hours one spends too
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by kennosklint(m): 11:34pm On Sep 19, 2014
Nairaland !!! A place where u get free joke witout payin penny.place where u learn new tins,place where ur younga ones gives u insult of of ya life...place where u share ideas wit pple.u need b here..
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by oaken92(m): 11:37pm On Sep 19, 2014
[b][/b]First time I would be commenting on any post here, used to be a guest....never knew I missed all that though...#issokay
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by adonbilivit: 11:37pm On Sep 19, 2014
dadojo:
But you signed up all the same. It doesn't have to be for those reasons alone.
Re: 5 Great Features You Miss As A Guest On Nairaland by ghostwritter(m): 11:40pm On Sep 19, 2014
dadojo: 5 Features you miss as a guest on Nairaland
Being a registered member of Nairaland comes with its unique thrill and benefits. Visiting nairaland as a guest excludes you from such benefits. Some of the features and benefits guest viewers miss out on are as below:

Signatures: Looking at the signature of some users can be educative, informative and sometimes annoying. Even as a registered user, I didn't know I was missing out on this feature until I created my own signature. Peoples signature can give some level of insight about their real life personalities.

Likes: There are some pretty funny and very enlightening posts on nairaland that just makes you laugh and feel good that you feel like returning the favour to such posters for making your day by hitting their like button. As a guest you don't get to see the like buttons let alone hitting one.

Follow: You may come across some topics that are of high interest to you. But as a guest on the forum, you simply miss out on following such topics as you won't receive notifications when such threads are updated. At times it might take you minutes and lots of data to browse through the large collection of topics before you finally locate you favourite thread.

Mention: The fun of being a user of a forum is not complete if no one ever knows of your existence, talkless of quoting or mentioning you. The mention feature is one great feature that gives you relevance as a registerd user because you get to know when someone mentions your name on a particular thread or topic.

Reply:
Finally, being just an observer in my opinion has little or no fun. Making things happen or being among those who makes things happen in any forum or group or arena can be fulfilling on its own. It gives you a sense of relevance. As a guest, you miss out in contributing to very educative and informative topics.

There are many other features on Nairaland not available to guest, but these are the ones that really thrills me as a registered user.
shioooo!!!
so will you go to banks to convert all ur 'likes' and 'quotes' to naira notes?
some nairalanders are only celebrities on this forum but very irrelevant in d real world.....abeg get a life!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fuel Tanker Explodes In Ewu, Edo. Lives Lost, Property Destroyed (pics) / Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) / s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.