Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,777 members, 7,955,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:11 PM

Enough Of This Self Destruction - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enough Of This Self Destruction (484 Views)

Fayose Is On The Road To Self-destruction — Prof. Sagay / Biafra Protest (photos): Between Political Oblivion And Self Destruction / PDP Heading For Self Destruction – Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Enough Of This Self Destruction by enm(m): 4:14pm On Sep 19, 2014
Why am i writing this? What do i aim to achieve with this write up?

For sometime now, i have stop commenting on the political section of nairaland despite it being my best board to visit apart from religion. In the past no day will past by without coming on to the politics board, going through all the thread and comment but it became so frustrating when false informations began to take centre stage, when some called highly educated and enlightened people take over the section and expect them to believe and follow them. It became so frustrating when repeated lie and half truth and half false information began to sound so true and reasonable. It became so frustrating when people result to tribalism to score a point or shut an opposing voice down. It became frustrating when people who are not to be held in high esteem are being accorded the highest.

The Nigeria today is not the Nigeria we all want but it is the Nigeria that our actions and inaction has produced. You can not sow corn and expect to reap yam. We all want the best but we are not ready to give in the best, we all want good leader but we are not ready to be a good citizen. How can you be a good master without first being a good servant.

We are the first people that will cry blue murder over corruption of any sort but we are also the first that cry and curse an entire generation of a political office holder and the holder himself or a known person holding a position of authority who refuses to engaged or be associated with corruptions.

Today we are all blaming Jonathan for the woes of this country. Some called leader will come and point their finger to Jonathan, some else president and military ruler will and point their hand to Jonathan, some people of spiritual authority who supposed to know best will say Jonathan all because they have been excluded from the national cake allocation to the sharing committee, unfortunately many of us are so blind and myopic in sight and thought to know this or simply refused to believe this because of what they stand to gain from the whole mess.

If you like criticise me, insult me or call me a member of the 40 lap dog abi na laptop, i don't care. Jonathan is trying as far as am concerned but unfortunately his best at the moment is not enough and no matter how we push him, he can not do more than he is doing until we look inward into ourselves and do some deep soul searching.

When shagari was in power i was a baby, when buhari government led by late idiagbon was in power i was still a baby but a kid with interest in staring at newspaper even though i no understand wetin Dem write and the self acclaimed evil genus was in power i began to understand little by little and serious questions were forming in my mind them, questions that were leaving me frustrated and helpless. As small as i was then (10), the thought of planning a coup killing all the leader and rectifying things were always surfacing in my mind then, a thought that was being fuelled by the action of jj rawling of Ghana.

Why did i bring that little story about? Is because of those that will accuse me knowing nothing ( not that i know much ) and also because of those that will want to tell me how rosy things were before Jonathan or pdp led government. This Nigeria you are seeing today is a result of accumulated mess than span more than 3 decade and so don't expect Jonathan to clear up the mess and rectify things in under 8 or 10 yrs. Sensible people know this and some of you reading this know this. The opposition also know this fact very well and know it to be the truth and nothing but the truth but won't publicly admit because of their political interest. Jonathan know this fact also but for fear of losing out won't come out and tell us the truth.

Go back into history and you will discovered that all the names present in today political landscape has always be there even the new name have old names backing them. This are people with vested interest with a very deep and large network that is so knitted and powerful to frustrate the power and activities of the president. They can a saint devil and devil saint, a sincere person insincere as long as their interest is intact and protected. To them the cost doesn't matter even if it mean wiping off a whole village off from the earth. Ko kon won

What happening is a battle between the old brigade and some breakaway faction of the new brigade which Jonathan is representing. A battle for more relevance and supremacy but as it stand now it seem the breakaway faction will have to return back.

Why this long epistle of a thread, is because i yearn for the past when on nairaland politic board, sensible, insightful and enlightened comment and post were made. This Nigeria, though not the Nigeria we dream off but it is the Nigeria where our home is. Let stop fanning the flame of discord, anarchy, tribalism and stop being a willing and unwilling tools in the hands of our leaders.

(1) (Reply)

How 5 Major Nigeria Parties Stand On The Issue Of Independent Western Nigeria / Argument Over Shekau's Death / Seun Why Is Your Antispambot Being Told To Ban People Anyhow?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.