Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

When Someone Who Loves You Suddenly Doesn't Anymore - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Someone Who Loves You Suddenly Doesn't Anymore (2117 Views)

When Your sweet Romantic affair suddenly turns bitter. / I Wasn't Her TYPE 3yrs Ago And Now I Suddenly Became Her Type. / Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Someone Who Loves You Suddenly Doesn't Anymore by finessela: 5:05pm On Sep 19, 2014
I slept late last night, which is nothing new. I sleep late every night. Last night however, was different. Let me explain.

The past few months have been terribly sad for me. I smiled a lot during the day. At night, I wake up coughing only to realize I’m choking on my own spit. I’d been crying hence the reason for all the spit in my mouth. (I know! Disgusting) then I ask myself what the reason for the crying is and I come to the conclusion that I’m very unhappy. Contrary to what we all know and have been taught, I have placed a lot of my happiness and well being in the hands of others. I had been happy because certain people were in my life. Now they’re gone. How in the world did I ever think we would be friends forever?

The say people enter your life for reason or season and er… what’s the other one again? Well whatever. You’re supposed to just roll with the punches when they walk out on you regardless of what you feel. I’ve always wondered how someone who says they love you can suddenly not love you anymore. How easy it is to take all the affection they showered on you and pour it in buckets on someone else. The painful part is watching it happen and knowing without a doubt that you’ve been shut out completely. You’d like to complain but what good would it do? You’re out and you’re out. You find yourself being miserable all the time. But if you’re like me, then you have that smile that masks everything. Lucky me.

You smile when you see them down the street in your local drugstore knowing full well that they won’t stop over to say hello. You smile when they say hello to you like an ordinary acquaintance, as if you were never close. You even smile when you see their profile updates on facebook or that dreadful device people “ping” on nowadays.( Topic: Social media as a torture tool). You smile till it hurts to smile and then you pray that night comes so you can sleep and hope that when morning comes you’ll be closer to not giving a hoot about them. They’ve gone on to live their lives so why shouldn’t I? If only it were that easy.

On my way out of the office yesterday, I got a ride from a friend of mine. He somehow noticed that my smile was a mask. He took a peek underneath. I poured everything out. Gosh! It felt good to let go. The worst kind of pain is the one you can’t talk to anyone about. That burden you bear all on your own. It’s like a cancer with all its glorified stages. It eats you up slowly. Talking about it helped I didn’t even cry.

This morning I woke up feeling different. I didn’t wake up in the middle of the night again. I slept like a baby. No choking. I woke up feeling like a change has come. I still remember but I don’t mind anymore. It feels like things will get better. Soon I might just not remember any of this ever happened and all will be well again. Somewhere inside I still hurt. It’s natural, I tell myself. Soon I’ll feel nothing. I’m going to be happy again

Dear reader, I know what you’re dying to ask. Am I a woman? Yes. I’m a very tired woman. Is all this jargon about a man? …but of course it’s about a man. Ok, you say. Did he leave you for another woman after telling you he loved you? If you skipped the first three paragraphs you wouldn’t ask that. (Climb back up the page will you!). Did you love him? My answer would have to be “Very much”.

Writer: Nina copied from www.femmelounge.ng
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------

2 Likes

Re: When Someone Who Loves You Suddenly Doesn't Anymore by onome710(m): 5:35pm On Sep 19, 2014
Been there! But I'm still here...

3 Likes

Re: When Someone Who Loves You Suddenly Doesn't Anymore by MizMyColi(f): 5:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
Now that was some real honest to goodness write up.
Blog Bookmarked.
Re: When Someone Who Loves You Suddenly Doesn't Anymore by ifex370(m): 5:52pm On Sep 19, 2014
wow... straight from the heart
Re: When Someone Who Loves You Suddenly Doesn't Anymore by Crocz(m): 5:59pm On Sep 19, 2014
Usually when I see long write up like this, I just walk outta thread but this one is different...I feel for the girl but then what some men go through in hands of women, you'd think if roles were to be reversed,half of women will be hanging from the ceiling of their room...but you don't see men whining about it, do you?...they deal with it and move on!
And to people who does this, you don't tell people you love them when you don't just to make them feel good, it's like adding excess sugar in tea for a diabetic patient just because it tastes good but you killing him.

In sociology, conflict sometimes brings change...look to the positive side!

1 Like

Re: When Someone Who Loves You Suddenly Doesn't Anymore by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 19, 2014
wat mst of pple dont undastnd in life is dat, wen d door of hapines closes,anoda opens bt often times we luk so longa to d closed door dt we dnt c d one wich has been open for us. such is life,somtims nt oll tins r meant to be. nice rite up sha...
Re: When Someone Who Loves You Suddenly Doesn't Anymore by osemeka: 6:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
Or... embarassed

2 Likes

Re: When Someone Who Loves You Suddenly Doesn't Anymore by Charles4075(m): 6:52pm On Sep 19, 2014
Op, I feel your pains but you see giving someone all your love is never an assurance that they will love you back. Wait for it to grow in their hearts and if it doesn't, be happy and contented that it grew in your's. Sometimes like I always say ''We guys laugh at we put other girls through but we won't be laughing when we are wiping tears off our daughter's face for the same reason''

1 Like

Re: When Someone Who Loves You Suddenly Doesn't Anymore by fuckshit: 9:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
FÜCKING been there. I was FÜCKED up! wasn't a FÜCKING funny experience.
FÜCK!!! But that's life. Life is a bïtch so learn how to FÜCK it. I did, I FÜCKING survived grin grin
Re: When Someone Who Loves You Suddenly Doesn't Anymore by chimerase2: 9:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
I was once in that position, it hurts bad
Re: When Someone Who Loves You Suddenly Doesn't Anymore by Missmossy(f): 9:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
Eeyah...such a touching piece..
Re: When Someone Who Loves You Suddenly Doesn't Anymore by ahkenaten(m): 9:58pm On Sep 19, 2014
this is the type of the thread we need around here...touching!!!

not like some mumu love declaration threads grin

1 Like

Re: When Someone Who Loves You Suddenly Doesn't Anymore by doris4u(f): 11:00pm On Sep 19, 2014
Dis is so touching,got tears close to my eyes. it hurts so much to loose d one u love embarassed
Re: When Someone Who Loves You Suddenly Doesn't Anymore by Confession14(f): 11:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
That is a vivid description of my present sorrow...how do i stop crying;( ? It hurts soooooooo badddddddd...my heart is sooo breaking...i dont like the feeling...i want to get out of it...i have posted my pain in my profile here in NL for advice..but it seemed u captured it better...this is the 10th time am facing this...its such a deja vu...am always told to move on...but i will get healed. Muster all the courage and gbam...am hit again as the blow tripples...I am giving up....cos i need my heart for myself...the world and its people
Re: When Someone Who Loves You Suddenly Doesn't Anymore by Ivanspring(f): 7:32am On Sep 20, 2014
Such is life my dear. I've been there too and i'm stronger and wiser now. Letting go is the hardest part...but very important because if you don't, you can't heal and you can't move on.
Re: When Someone Who Loves You Suddenly Doesn't Anymore by destante(f): 7:46am On Sep 20, 2014
MizMyColi: Now that was some real honest to goodness write up.
Blog Bookmarked.
Yea really nice. Asides the message, the style too is impressing.

1 Like

Re: When Someone Who Loves You Suddenly Doesn't Anymore by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 20, 2014
Yeah I know the feeling¡ That's because I've been there..; heartrending no doubt but guess what, I still am in one piece.
*In J cole's voice*...people change like the seasons
Re: When Someone Who Loves You Suddenly Doesn't Anymore by 100Cents: 8:20am On Sep 20, 2014
Can you sware that you were not the one who destroyed the relationship ?

After treating him like he is second hand, dividing the attention he deserves with your imaginary lover boys on phone who send credit and BIS once in a while.

Most ladies destroy their relationships. We have seen it all..

1 Like

Re: When Someone Who Loves You Suddenly Doesn't Anymore by 100Cents: 8:23am On Sep 20, 2014
sameer1212: wat mst of pple dont undastnd in life is dat, wen d door of hapines closes,anoda opens bt often times we luk so longa to d closed door dt we dnt c d one wich has been open for us. such is life,somtims nt oll tins r meant to be. nice rite up sha...

Doors have grade. The heart is deeper than the mind.

If your heart keeps returning there, then there was something there.

That's why they often say, "Follow your heart"...
Re: When Someone Who Loves You Suddenly Doesn't Anymore by 100Cents: 8:25am On Sep 20, 2014
fuckshit: FÜCKING been there. I was FÜCKED up! wasn't a FÜCKING funny experience.
FÜCK!!! But that's life. Life is a bïtch so learn how to FÜCK it. I did, I FÜCKING survived grin grin

Mr. Fuckshiit...
Re: When Someone Who Loves You Suddenly Doesn't Anymore by fuckshit: 8:42am On Sep 20, 2014
100Cents:

Mr. Fuckshiit...
an awesome FÜCKING weekend to you grin grin
Re: When Someone Who Loves You Suddenly Doesn't Anymore by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 20, 2014
Confession14: That is a vivid description of my present sorrow...how do i stop crying;( ? It hurts soooooooo badddddddd...my heart is sooo breaking...i dont like the feeling...i want to get out of it...i have posted my pain in my profile here in NL for advice..but it seemed u captured it better...this is the 10th time am facing this...its such a deja vu...am always told to move on...but i will get healed. Muster all the courage and gbam...am hit again as the blow tripples...I am giving up....cos i need my heart for myself...the world and its people

10times is alot of heartbreaks, beats me how ure still standing.... On the other hand maybe u misinterpret ur feelings or u rush in too early.
Advice: stay clear of dating for a while, redefine urself and ask urself what u want, take a sheet of paper and write out everythin and everyone that had hurt u in the past. Wen u don read it a few times and tear it up. Dont dwell on it.... U'ld feel alot lighthearted after that.

1 Like

Re: When Someone Who Loves You Suddenly Doesn't Anymore by Sicozone(m): 10:04am On Sep 20, 2014
Truth be told......You never know what you have until u lose it!!!........But am really glad someone did move on,trust me there are great guys out there....but ladies themselves have d greatest problem of trust issues....they and their side guy or whatever name they call it....when dey can't just trust a guy.....it becomes a problem.....and guys aren't that dull not to play safe,never to love like there is such a wide space between love and hate......we have come to see that the line between love and hate is such a thin one...I'd say I've also made that mistake but never to be made again.....In life we learn and we gain experiences....All the same God knows how he created us all.......Ladies are a complex thing to deal with....And life in itself is a complication......
Re: When Someone Who Loves You Suddenly Doesn't Anymore by valdes00(m): 10:21am On Sep 20, 2014
Heartbreak here n there...... Na wa oo
Re: When Someone Who Loves You Suddenly Doesn't Anymore by lawrenceunaa: 11:53am On Sep 20, 2014
i hate long posts it ain't no text book wink

But op take heart you hear undecided
Re: When Someone Who Loves You Suddenly Doesn't Anymore by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 20, 2014
@op you need to be strong dear all is well
Re: When Someone Who Loves You Suddenly Doesn't Anymore by 100Cents: 12:35pm On Sep 20, 2014
One girl told me she doesn't trust anyone. That's how girls approach their relationships. Unless you are dealing with a girl who is falling in love for the first time..

So how do you expect the man to trust you ?

(1) (Reply)

She Wears Trouser Every Night / Reasons To Consider Pre-marital Sex Before Marriage / Pete Edochie Responds To The Thread Can A Guy And A Lady Be "Just Friends"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.