Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 (3760 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Buhari, Fashola And Tinubu / Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu / Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 20, 2014
The best Christmas gift for PDP is candidate Buhari!

I hope APC make good on this promise and nominate him again!

He has failed 3 times and will loose again by landslide!!!!!!

I am reluctant about Buhari emergence because quality opposition and alternative benefits Nigeria and our politics!

But if Buhari is the best APC has then I say bring it on! GEJ till 2019 will be a walk in the park!
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Mogidi: 12:50pm On Sep 20, 2014
Gbawe2:

Shut up you nauseating twerp. Can you prove Buhari and Fashola are "two muslim fundamentalist" or are you just a creature of prejudice and self-deceit? I don't even like talking to you or quoting you as I feel I am engaging a vile racist doing such. There is no way to spin what you wrote. Secularity means that religion does not matter and plays no part in the politics of a nation. In reality, it should then not matter if all political candidates are Moslems, Bhuddists or Catholics. Stop using words you do not know the meaning of in the haste to satisfy the prejudice and discrimination that runs through every cell in your body and permeates every post you deliver here.

Nick Clegg, deputy prime Minister of the UK, is atheist and no one gives a damn. No one rose up to oppose him because he chose to reject all religions. You are here telling us choosing Moslems to vie for important office is an "affront to our secularity" and you continue to talk without recognising you are a confused and prejudiced individual trying to stand very simple logic on its head. Nigeria needs no enemies with folks like you as her 'citizens'. You are an ugly bigot for not recognising that the SW you wish to malign below actually best mirrors the desirable and pivotal best practice concept of separating religion from politics.

People of the SW show a genuine and abiding dedication to genuine secularity, i.e relegating religion to the background, you interpret inappropriately and fraudulently to accommodate your biased and discriminatory predisposition. You are a backward caveman. Go and get some exposure and stop disgracing Nigeria with your 1942 level of prejudice and backwardness.

Am thinking this is an exercise in futility since you seem not to understand the context in which "secularity" was deployed. People complain of your long and tedious epistles but never give you credit for being overtly repetitive. I would be exploiting your naive definition of "secularity" if this debate continues.

I have better things to do than engage someone who deploy the word "racist" in vain attempt to deflect guilt unto those of us who regularly spotlight your tribalism.

History and statistics would have made you realize I could deploy lots and lots of raucous and colourful insults like you did above, but considering your age am willing to forgive you.

Respect exist for a reason, I suggest you respect your self.

1 Like

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by lanrefront1(m): 1:03pm On Sep 20, 2014
mikeansy: The best Christmas gift for PDP is candidate Buhari!

I hope APC make good on this promise and nominate him again!

He has failed 3 times and will loose again by landslide!!!!!!

I am reluctant about Buhari emergence because quality opposition and alternative benefits Nigeria and our politics!

But if Buhari is the best APC has then I say bring it on! GEJ till 2019 will be a walk in the park!

You people have said this so many times and we have heard you, why don't you just leave us alone..... if he really is the best Christmas gift, and since we know you want GEJ to win by all means, then really, you should be championing that APC field Buhari so that they can lose gallantly to PDP.

But instead, you are doing the direct opposite... championing for APC to field Fashola. His your love for APC that great that you desire help them choose the best candidate to field against GEJ?

We know this is not the case.

3 Likes

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Ventura1: 1:03pm On Sep 20, 2014
Perfectly said sir

LeSaint:

Your position on Fashola strengthens the proposal - or do you know that he'd be offended by an offer of a VP ticket?
On your second point, you speak for yourself. Buhari is known across the length and breadth of this country, and he has come the closest to winning than any other opposition candidate. Even in the minds of the PDP juggernauts, the mention of the name Buhari raises palpitations, because of what he is known to stand for - see the analysis made earlier above by beopened.
Take someone like me; a Xtian Ibo, late 50s, apolitical (at least non-partisan), but wants what's best for my country and for my children going forward. I have seen and lived through a lot, including the Buhari/Idiagbon era, and I have no doubt in my mind that we have narrowed our problems down to bad governance (to wit, indiscipline and large scale corruption). I also know that no one has all his being focused on tackling this problem more than Buhari does. It should make no difference if he is Fulani, or Tuareg,or prays to a tree or doesn't pray at all, as long as we are assured of his devotion to that singular task.
And there are signs you'll know someone is so denoted in that regard; you'll see it is his demeanor, in his lifestyle, his acquisitions, his pastimes, his family's public profile. Fashola may reflect good governance, but he hasn't acquired comparable reputation in that regard. He is a bit of an establishment man. But he has lots of other complementing qualities that would make the duo dynamite.
Granted, the current Northern insecurity hasn't helped Buhari's public perception, but i tell you, if we miss the opportunity again this time, we'd miss the train for a long long time.
Pity a lot of people are beclouded with sentiments, emotions, unfounded perceptions and prejudices. But, unfortunately, the only ones who seem to see through it all are the very perpetrators of bad governance.

1 Like

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:15pm On Sep 20, 2014
snrman: If e like make e b babalawo and Muslim or Hindus and Christian all I want is good governance.for me I tink the only way out for the apc is to give the igbos the presidential ticket n a yoruba Muslim vice ticket...let me now see how the pdp wan take win
And who will vote for the Ibo in APC when they clearly support GEJ And PDP? Hausas and Yorubas?

1 Like

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Gbawe2: 1:16pm On Sep 20, 2014
lanrefront1:

You people have said this so many times and we have heard you, why don't you just leave us alone..... if he really is the best Christmas gift, and since we know you want GEJ to win by all means, then really, you should be championing that APC field Buhari so that they can lose gallantly to PDP.

But instead, you are doing the direct opposite... championing for APC to field Fashola. His your love for APC that great that you desire help them choose the best candidate to field against GEJ?

We know this is not the case.

Thank you. It would be best if most of these folks do what is in their heart, which is to queue behind one of the worst president in Nigeria's history because of ethno-religious bias, rather than coming here to pretend that their support of APC can only be secured through the Party fielding Fashola as Presidential candidate.

We all know that if this happened then the same people will find numerous excuses to be attacking Fashola. As if the rest of us are not wise enough to discern that, for some people, it is about using every excuse , however dishonest and frivolous, to damn and condemn anyone who stands against the 2015 ambition of a leader ,i.e the ultra-woeful GEJ, who is on course to making Nigeria a failed example of another nation destroyed by ultra-corrupt, insincere and avaricious leadership.
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Vado(m): 1:38pm On Sep 20, 2014
I'd vote for Fashola (a muslim) a million times just as I did for Nuhu Ribadu in the last election because he has proven his competence. He is an epitome of a modern administrator and he stands out among his peers.
My point now is, why can't buhari and the northern populace rise above chronic ambition and tribalism and let this yoruba guy lead us? You can't be telling me that a muslim-muslim ticket is ok for the progress of the country yet you won't give the best man among you the job. It's hypocritical.

2 Likes

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 20, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w96xXXMnStI

The serial looser will fail again

APC can do better in 2015 Nigeria
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 20, 2014
Vado: I'd vote for Fashola (a muslim) a million times just as I did for Nuhu Ribadu in the last election because he has proven his competence. He is an epitome of a modern administrator and he stands out among his peers.
My point now is, why can't buhari and the northern populace rise above chronic ambition and tribalism and let this yoruba guy lead us? You can't be telling me that a muslim-muslim ticket is ok for the progress of the country yet you won't give the best man among you the job. It's hypocritical.

Their senseless argument is covered in hypocrisy!

1 Like

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by swtdrms(m): 2:00pm On Sep 20, 2014
Vado: I'd vote for Fashola (a muslim) a million times just as I did for Nuhu Ribadu in the last election because he has proven his competence. He is an epitome of a modern administrator and he stands out among his peers.
U wil vote for fashola nd u wil neva vote for buhari and u re stil claimin not to b a tribal bigot, who is the hypocrite here, and if apc fields buhari then u'l rather vote for GEJ instead of u voting buhari and u want us to believe u re a detribalised Nigerian, bros pls go sidon, kowole
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 20, 2014
swtdrms:
U wil vote for fashola nd u wil neva vote for buhari and u re stil claimin not to b a tribal bigot, who is the hypocrite here, and if apc fields buhari then u'l rather vote for GEJ instead of u voting buhari and u want us to believe u re a detribalised Nigerian, bros pls go sidon, kowole

Because Fashola makes sense to be President of 2015 Nigeria. Buhari does not!

I will gladly call Fashola my President even though I may not agree with all of his policies. Buhari will be an embarrassment to Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HugI3Z2sTsI
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by swtdrms(m): 2:15pm On Sep 20, 2014
mikeansy:

Because Fashola makes sense to be President of 2015 Nigeria. Buhari does not!

I will gladly call Fashola my President even though I may not agree with all of his policies. Buhari will be an embarrassment to Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HugI3Z2sTsI
Bros, we no need ur comment, we already know whr u belong and those distractions of yours can't work, vote for your GEJ and leave us whr we are...no right thinkin Nigerian wil criticise buhari's candidacy, u can see fashola's achievements but that of buhari, u can't see it. Go on with the hypocrisy.

2 Likes

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Gbawe2: 2:29pm On Sep 20, 2014
swtdrms:
Bros, we no need ur comment, we already know whr u belong and those distractions of yours can't work, vote for your GEJ and leave us whr we are...no right thinkin Nigerian wil criticise buhari's candidacy, u can see fashola's achievements but that of buhari, u can't see it. Go on with the hypocrisy.

Thank you. It is like the racist trying hard to convince black people he does not hate them because he waves to his black neigbhours once every three months. No need for anyone to attempt image laundering on this forum via pretending they care about the APC or even worry about Nigeria getting rid of a leader taking us all down. They should simply stay true to their personal prejudice and follow their ethno-religious proclivity to side with GEJ while leaving the rest of us to do what is pragmatically best in the effort to save Nigeria from gross misrule endangering the future of generations unborn.
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Vado(m): 2:35pm On Sep 20, 2014
swtdrms:

Baba I think you need that couch more than I do. Guess you missed the part where I said I voted for ribadu (a fulani) against this same Goodluck in 2011. I was never hoodwinked with all that "I had no shoes" or him being a Christian as well, I opted for a muslim so kindly miss me with your bs.
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by swtdrms(m): 2:38pm On Sep 20, 2014
Gbawe2:

Thank you. It is like the racist trying hard to convince black people he does not hate them because he waves to his black neigbhours once every three months. No need for anyone to attempt image laundering on this forum via pretending they care about the APC or even worry about Nigeria getting rid of a leader taking us all down. They should simply stay true to their personal prejudice and follow their ethno-religious proclivity to side with GEJ while leaving the rest of us to do what is pragmatically best in the effort to save Nigeria from gross misrule endangering the future of generations unborn.
They'l stop at nothin to cause confusion and disharmony within the ranks of d opposition, but it behoves us to b vigilant and make sure all their antics fail...i am really seeing light at the end of the tunnel, the light we re seeing is what has bn givin them sleepless nites. the bombing(boko haramic) enterprise they ventured into to discredit buhari and apc is gradually comin up against them, the whole truth is not far from comin to the open
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 20, 2014
A BUHARI\FASHOLA CANDIDACY WON'T WORK.LET'S FACE IT.MOST NIGERIANS(EXCEPT THE NORTHERNERS) WOULD NEVER VOTE FOR BUHARIundecided DESPITE HIS SO CALLED INTEGRITY HIS ACTIONS&WORDS IN THE PAST HAVE POTRAYED HIM AS AN ISLAMIC FANATIC.AND WITH THE WAY NAIJA IS.THE LAST THING WE NEED IS AN ISLAMIC FANATIC FOR PRESIDENT

1 Like

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by swtdrms(m): 2:47pm On Sep 20, 2014
Vado:

Baba I think you need that couch more than I do. Guess you missed the part where I said I voted for ribadu (a fulani) against this same Goodluck in 2011. I was never hoodwinked with all that "I had no shoes" or him being a Christian as well, I opted for a muslim so kindly miss me with your bs.
Bros, i thnk it'l help if u re-read wat u wrote previously....

Vado: My point now is, why can't buhari and the northern populace rise above chronic ambition and tribalism and let this yoruba guy lead us?.
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by emmasege: 2:56pm On Sep 20, 2014
If GEJ is not a choice, is Buhari an alternative?. He's too old & besides, he doesnt appear to have d charisma & acumen befitting of d president in d 21st century. If ur choice is based on his "holier than thou, self acclaimed righteousness", then I pity u. It takes far more than this to make a good president. A man who's too rigid/conservative to "compromise" can't rule in civilian way. Even obama, cameron compromise when necessary.
Give me another person, preferably a northern Christian wt Fashola & I'll reconsider my 2015 choice.
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by emmasege: 2:59pm On Sep 20, 2014
If GEJ is not a choice, is Buhari an alternative?. He's too old & besides, he doesnt appear to have d charisma & acumen befitting of d president in d 21st century. If ur choice is based on his "holier than thou, self acclaimed righteousness", then I pity u. It takes far more than this to make a good president. A man who's too rigid/conservative to "compromise" can't rule in civilan way. Even obama, cameron compromise when necessary.
Give me another person, preferably a northern Christian (if there's any in APC) wt Fashola & I'll reconsider my 2015 choice.
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 20, 2014
emmasege: If GEJ is not a choice, is Buhari an alternative?. He's too old & besides, he doesnt appear to have d charisma & acumen befitting of d president in d 21st century. If ur choice is based on his "holier than thou, self acclaimed righteousness", then I pity u. It takes far more than this to make a good president. A man who's too rigid/conservative to "compromise" can't rule in civilian way. Even obama, cameron compromise when necessary.
Give me another person, preferably a northern Christian wt Fashola & I'll reconsider my 2015 choice.

I can't believe that in the whole of North Central or North East APC can not find a northern christain who has had a distinguished career as a Lawyer, Banker, Businessman or Lecturer who can be Fashola VP?

APC political calculation on Buhari amounts to attempting to win a 2015 election with 1990 tactics! It will fail woefully!

People think Fashola being a Yoruba Muslim is a political liability? I say no it's an asset that can help your political calculus if well planned!
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Vado(m): 3:17pm On Sep 20, 2014
swtdrms:
Bros, i thnk it'l help if u re-read wat u wrote previously....

Where there is an option for a young, vibrant, purposeful individual in the person of fash, Oshomole etc, why must octogenarians keep popping up wasting time on unrealistic ambitions thinking they are the only ones perfect for the job. What's wrong with grooming, investing and endorsing underdogs that can really pose a threat for that position if the intentions were to come together and really save this sinking ship of ours. They said we should ignore the religion factor yet they can't even tolerate themselves in their coven by giving equal opportunities to presidential materials in their midst. We all know apc is zoning that thing to the north, don't well?
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by lanrefront1(m): 5:16pm On Sep 20, 2014
mikeansy:

I can't believe that in the whole of North Central or North East APC can not find a northern christain who has had a distinguished career as a Lawyer, Banker, Businessman or Lecturer who can be Fashola VP?

APC political calculation on Buhari amounts to attempting to win a 2015 election with 1990 tactics! It will fail woefully!

People think Fashola being a Yoruba Muslim is a political liability? I say no it's an asset that can help your political calculus if well planned!

I tire for this person...... you are a die-hard supporter and fan of GEJ. Why help your opponent by helping them choose the best candidate. is it not better urge them to make the mistake of choosing Buhari so that the opponent can use his own hand to bury itself.

What is exactly is a your fixation with Buhari sef? I don't understand. it's like anybody can be President, anybody but not Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:32pm On Sep 20, 2014
lanrefront1:

I tire for this person...... you are a die-hard supporter and fan of GEJ. Why help your opponent by helping them choose the best candidate. is it not better urge them to make the mistake of choosing Buhari so that the opponent can use his own hand to bury itself.

What is exactly is a your fixation with Buhari sef? I don't understand. it's like anybody can be President, anybody but not Buhari.

Because they hate discipline and a structured flowing society. They can only thrive in chaos and if they are led by the collar like dogs. They are scared of change that a orderly society will bring with it.
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:34pm On Sep 20, 2014
emmasege: If GEJ is not a choice, is Buhari an alternative?. He's too old & besides, he doesnt appear to have d charisma & acumen befitting of d president in d 21st century. If ur choice is based on his "holier than thou, self acclaimed righteousness", then I pity u. It takes far more than this to make a good president. A man who's too rigid/conservative to "compromise" can't rule in civilian way. Even obama, cameron compromise when necessary.

Rigid? Conservative? You obviously have no idea what to look for when choosing a leader---if those are your criteria to dismissing a candidate--- and tribe and religion is what you seek in one.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If Lagos State Had The Resources Of Ghana.. / It Is My Submission That Africa Should Be Recolonised And Treated As Sub Humans / Ojukwu Warned Us Not To Fight Another Biafra War - Ikokwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.