Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) (1990 Views)

The Last Wolf Series : The Forgotten Mate (December 2015 Story of the Month) / Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor / Where Can I Buy Dele Ogun's Book: The Law, The Lawyers And The Lawless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by Emzypaz(m): 10:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
PROLOGUE
COURT SESSION IN PROGRESS:
Barrister Olowogemo, the prosecuting counsel stood up to defend his
case.
"My lord, Mr Micheal here has no tangible reason as to why he
decided to kill Chief Akinola. Taking laws into your own hand is a
gruesome offence according to the section 33 c of the 1999 constitution.
And I believe, justice will be served well. Thank you."
"After all has been said by the defense counsel and the prosecuting
counsel. This is my judgement....." The judge paused.
Everyone present in the court room adjusted their sitting position,
awaiting the final verdict.
"Mr Micheal, even though you are fighting for your right. Chief
Akinola was responsible for the death of your wife which everyone knows
but I believe the best you can do is report him to the police and let
them do their job. Killing him is not justified. You fought for your
right which is good but you used a wrong approach." The presiding judge
lectured.
"You are hereby sentenced to Ten years in prison. I rise." The judge gave the final verdict.
"Court!" The court clerk added.
Everyone present inside the courtroom stood up and remained that way until the judge disappeared into his inner chamber.

THE STORY STARTS OFFICIALLY ON OCTOBER 1.
Re: Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by Emzypaz(m): 10:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
Are you interested in knowing why Micheal was sentenced to prison?
Do you care to know who Micheal was? What prompted him to kill Chief Akinola.
There is only one way to find out. October 1 is the date to keep up with.
Re: Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
Drags my mat inside...runs out to get chicken pie tongue waiting for someone that ll buy me a juice..Op abeg ride on na ur back I dy
Re: Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by Emzypaz(m): 10:29pm On Sep 19, 2014
Welcome ma'am. First to comment.
[quote
author=missyhorlah]Drags my mat inside...runs out to get chicken pie tongue
waiting for someone that ll buy me a juice..Op abeg ride on na ur back I
dy[/quote]
Re: Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by JoeCutie(m): 10:31pm On Sep 19, 2014
[quote
author=missyhorlah]Drags my mat inside...runs out to get chicken pie tongue
waiting for someone that ll buy me a juice..Op abeg ride on na ur back I
dy[/quote] So you've chosen a hustle already? Wow! May baba God bless your hustle then. wink grin

1 Like

Re: Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 19, 2014
Emzypaz: Welcome ma'am. First to comment.
yhp..m d chief launcher.everyother person(s) comes after me cheesy
Re: Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 19, 2014
JoeCutie: So you've chosen a hustle already? Wow! May baba God bless your hustle then. wink grin
so u no fit help ur sista that is in need niyen o
Re: Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
Joins missyhorlar on her mat smiley lets go peeps
Re: Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by Babetolux(f): 10:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
#Following#
Re: Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by JoeCutie(m): 10:49pm On Sep 19, 2014
missyhorlah: so u no fit help ur sista that is in need niyen o
Who be my sista? :-/

1 Like

Re: Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 19, 2014
JoeCutie: Who be my sista? :-/
me ni
Re: Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by JoeCutie(m): 11:04pm On Sep 19, 2014
missyhorlah: me ni
You no be my sis, you be my... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 19, 2014
JoeCutie: You no be my sis, you be my... lipsrsealed
ur what?u better talk now.b4 I bite those lips f urs nd dy ll open imme
Re: Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by JoeCutie(m): 11:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
missyhorlah: ur what?u better talk now.b4 I bite those lips f urs nd dy ll open imme
Wow! Does that mean you wanna kiss me? shocked wink grin

1 Like

Re: Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by EventHUB(f): 11:12pm On Sep 19, 2014
Re: Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by labaski(f): 12:49am On Sep 20, 2014
ride on emzypaz..we dey ur back like skul bag..
Re: Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by Emzypaz(m): 7:09am On Sep 20, 2014
@Labaski: Am glad you are here.
@Babetolux: Welcome.
@Snowprince07: Welcome sir.
@Joecutie:I sight you.
Re: Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 20, 2014
Emzypaz: @Labaski: Am glad you are here.
@Babetolux: Welcome.
@Snowprince07: Welcome sir.
@Joecutie:I sight you.
thank u boss
Re: Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 20, 2014
JoeCutie: Wow! Does that mean you wanna kiss me? shocked wink grin
kiSsmy God forbid..taah!!
Re: Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by D9ty7(m): 9:23am On Sep 20, 2014
Emzy at it.... kip it up bro
Re: Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by Onemansquad(m): 9:49am On Sep 20, 2014
Walks into d thread nd hails evry1..emzy 9c 1 kip it cumin in
#d9ty7 ah sight u oo
Re: Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by D9ty7(m): 6:35am On Sep 25, 2014
Emzypaz, while we wait for October when the story is officially starting, I advice you to keep the thread running and active. You know what I mean don't you?

1 Like

Re: Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by kingphilip(m): 5:07pm On Sep 29, 2014
missyhorlah: Drags my mat inside...runs out to get chicken pie tongue waiting for someone that ll buy me a juice..Op abeg ride on na ur back I dy
calls after her
get for me too o

missyh ur turn don reach o
Re: Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by Emzypaz(m): 8:27am On Oct 01, 2014
The much anticipated story is starting today the first day of October in the year 2014. Stay tuned as I take you through for the next one month.
Re: Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by Emzypaz(m): 8:29am On Oct 01, 2014
--CHAPTER 1--
Micheal walked up into the ATM(automated teller machine) cubicle of the Unity Bank plz to make a cash withdrawal. He has been on the qeue for over an hour waiting for his turn. A patient dog they say eats the fattest bone, only if the patient dog is too blind to see the fattest bone bofore hand. Its not like his patience will increase the amount he has in his account.
This is the first time he is coming to the bank to make a withdrawal
since the turn of the years. Thanks to Mr Ibikunle, his elder brother
who has made it a point of duty to send him money every quarter of the year. Next week is easter and this money is enough to celebrate the death and ressurection of our lord Jesus Christ. Mr Ibikunle, his elder
brother is of middle/average class. He is a teacher in one of the top
private school in Ibadan, oyo state and his wife is a trader who sells
household materials. Their union is blesses with three children, one of the reasons why his quarterly salary from his brother reduced.
He got into the cubicle, inserted his ATM card into the card hole,
provided all necessary information and waited for fifty seconds. He made a withdrawal of four thousand naira out of the five thousand five hundred naira sent to him.
Micheal walked away from the bank premises a fufilled man. A
university graduate of Business Administration stood at 5ft 5inches from the ground, fair in complexion, muscular. He is a job hunter who has hunted for jobs in the last two years after his youth service. He once applied to companies for the post of the head of Administrative department, resource manager, driver, gardener, cleaner, gateman etc. He has written applications to schools as business studies teacher, Economics teacher, Accounts and book keeping teacher. His failure to get employment once forced him to apply as a yoruba teacher. He is a very handsome guy whose charming smile has won the hearts of the most stone-hearted girls during his university days. Even though he is in no relationship for now because dating or marriage is not his priority now, he need to get a good job to help his ageing parents to reduce the load on his elder brother.
Micheal is very jovial and social person, he loved the game of sport especially football, tennis and a little knowledge of basketball.
He used to dream as a young boy to become a musician but it seemed like that dream is forgotten now.
He entered his one room apartment which had only his mattress, a reading
table and chair. The room serves many functions ranging from bedroom, living room, kitchen to mention a few. The room is poorly funished but he has no choice, if he has a job, he'll live a better life. He was lucky to posses a 14 inches coloured television and a small DVD. He also has a small bedside fan. He hardly watch tv, his main problem is beyond watching tv, he needed a job as fast a possible. He only switch on the tv once in a while to see if he'll be lucky to read job vacancy adverts but it seemed like all television channels in the state had a meeting not to broadcast job adverts when there is power supply.
He slumped onto his bed hoping to catch some sleep.
"I need to pay Iya bobo, the two thousand Naira I am owing her." He said to himself as he drifted into a deep sleep. His joy knew no bounds, knowing that for the next few days will be memorable for him.

-----TBC-----
Re: Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by Onemansquad(m): 9:01am On Oct 01, 2014
1st to comment
9c 1 bro bt dix update is short ,,U gat to celebrate independence wit Nigeria wit a lng update
#following
Re: Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by Mention(m): 10:29am On Oct 01, 2014
Present and following
Re: Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
Have you heard about the ongoing E-Workshop For NAIRALAND holding @ Nairaland here and Now. Follow this link there
https://www.nairaland.com/1897222/nairaland-e-workshop-writers-main/6#26753646
Re: Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by labaski(f): 3:03pm On Oct 01, 2014
present and following too
Re: Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by jummy604: 5:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
I was here,thnks for updating.
Re: Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by Emzypaz(m): 12:58pm On Oct 10, 2014
--*--
Folake drove into her father's compound in her black toyota prado. She
got down from the car looking tired and worn out after a very busy day
at work. She is current General manager of her father's company, Olowu
consortium.
She walked towards the main entrance. Her white shirt showing wet
patches around her armpit region as a result of perspiration. The twenty
six year old lady, 4ft 4inches tall, dark in complexion.
She walked into the spacious living room to see her father conversing
with a young man. Someone she has seen many times giving lectures and
delivering speeches at public events.
"Good afternoon daddy." She greeted her father immediately she
entered the spacios living room which was well furnished to taste. Five
black suede couches were arranged around a brown marble made centre
table and a 42 inches plasma tv hung on the wall opposite the chairs,
the dinning stood in the adjourning room to the living room.
"Hello princess." Chief Olowu, a former vice president greeted his
only daughter.
"How are you this afternoon?" the graduate of Business
Administration from the Havard university asked her father.
"Am good. What about you?" He asked.
"It was stressfull." She replied as she lazily dragged herself
towards the flight of stairs.
"Eehya! Sorry darling. Maybe you should take some days off to enable
you have adequate rest." He advised.
Talk of the devil. Chief Olowu is someone who in his active years, he
hates the discussion about holidays or leaves. He always wants hundred
percent effectiveness and efficeiency on every days of the week. Sundays
inclusive. But the moment he ventured into politics, those agilities
reduced drastically.
"Okay dad. I'll rest tomorrow being friday. Then throughout the
weekend." She replied.
"Folake." Chief Olowu called his daughter's retreating figure.
"Sir." She replied.
"Meet Barrister Patrick." He said.
She walked toward the man who was already on his feet. How humble he
is.
"The famous Pat the law?" She asked smiling.
"Yes." Patrick replied.
"Oh! am honoured to meet you. I am Folakemi Olowu." She said
taking his already extended hand in a handshake.
"I am Patrick Williams Jnr. Pleased to meet you."
"The pleasure is mine." Folake added as she walked out of the living room smiling. The stressful day ended up real goor for her, as she met the man she's been dying to see face to face.
Barrister Partrick was nicknamed 'pat the law' as a result of his knowledge of the rule of law, the constitution and even the biblical ten commandments. He was invited to a function as the guest speaker to speak on the topic, Africa and unemployment. The young barrister got there and was ranting and quoting the constitution for almost an hour before he came back to the topic he was asked to shed light on. Everything about him is law. When you talk of Patrick think of Law.
"Princess. He is your guest." Chief Olowu informed.
"Really? I'll be back in a jiffy. I need to freshen up." She replied hastily.

--TBC--
Re: Law...(the Story Of A Man Who Took Law Into His Own Hands) by Onemansquad(m): 3:36pm On Oct 10, 2014
Bro what tuk u so lng ,hope all is wel

(1) (2) (Reply)

In The Name Of Love (poem) / poem / E-book Readers / Tablets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.