Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,497 members, 7,954,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:11 PM

Is God Really A Just And Fair God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Really A Just And Fair God? (2309 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Elections Will Be Free And Fair – Pastor Kumuyi / Is Fornication Really A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 03, 2008
As for me, i hate religious fanatism and religiousity, I hate pretending, i like being direct, afterall no man fit kill Don. lol.

I believe God is unjust and unfair. Send your own opinion and i will tell you guys points which make me feel so.

Warning, No religious fanatistic opinion is accepted, be precise and realistic.

Thanks
Re: Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by MrCrackles(m): 9:55pm On Nov 03, 2008
Chei!

This one pass me
Re: Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by DavidDylan(m): 10:17pm On Nov 03, 2008
even in christianity, there is freedom of belief.
Re: Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 03, 2008
Commenting or re-informing me of what i already know is not the issue. Freedom of believe or not that doesn't answer the question. Why don't you tell us ur own believe or opinion.

Donpuzo aka dogman
Re: Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by DavidDylan(m): 10:23pm On Nov 03, 2008
Donpuzo:

Commenting or re-informing me of what i already know is not the issue. Freedom of believe or not that doesn't answer the question. Why don't you tell us ur own believe or opinion.

Donpuzo aka dogman

1. You asked no question

2. You just gave your own opinion, why would you need mine since you're not amenable to a discussion but a deliberate put-down of christianity?
Re: Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by naomijt(f): 11:02am On Nov 04, 2008
Davidylan, it seems he forgot when he said:

Donpuzo:

As for me, i hate religious fanatism and religiousity, I hate pretending, i like being direct, afterall no man fit kill Don. lol.

I believe God is unjust and unfair. Send your own opinion and i will tell you guys points which make me feel so.

Thanks

What is the point of wasting time with you. It is clear from what u wrote that you are 'ofeelo' grin

If you need reasons, we have enough in scriptures. I think u can start with that.
Re: Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by Carlosein(m): 12:09pm On Nov 04, 2008
Donpuzo:

Thanks

erh, why don't you start by being precise and realistic yourself undecided
Re: Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 04, 2008
Please whats the meaning of ofeelo and i am totaty amenablee to change in opinion, afterall i ain't God i can change in believes.

Thanks

Donpuzo aka dogman
Re: Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by IDINRETE: 2:09am On Nov 05, 2008
Donpuso abeg sir which of the gods are you talking about?

Allah, yahweh/jehovah, olodumare, chi, mawu,jesus chirist, et al,
Re: Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 05, 2008
God almighty, the creator of heaven and earth. The same one who parted the red or perhaps blue sea
Re: Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by PastorAIO: 9:01am On Nov 06, 2008
Donpuzo:

Thanks

I agree with you that from Human perspective God can seem unjust and unfair.
Re: Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by Tonyet1(m): 11:26am On Nov 06, 2008
you guys should really be careful with the kind of opinions, comments, and remarks you give about christianity and GOD , if you dont like the faith simply go out and find for yourself a better one(if there be any)

GOD IS FAIR AND SAME WITH HIS JUDGEMENT. . . period!
Re: Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 06, 2008
Thanks pastor AIO. No one here is contesting God's supremacy and awesomeness. if God is just and fair, why then did he say ''i will have mercy on who i will have mercy on'' or what crime did Esau commit that he became the unfavoured of God, while his brother who was a deciever, or didn't jacob decieve his father. Even God said before birth he had planned that Esau will serve him younger brother CHAI!. Is it a good thing if God says you will serve your brother, what is the first word you will say perhapsm '' its not fair God''. So God is unjust and unfair. Many more points to prove this point.

Thanks

Donpuzo aka dogman
Re: Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by Image123(m): 10:15pm On Nov 06, 2008
@Donpuzo
Hello,IMO I don't think that is the important question to ask.I believe the more needful thing is to be on God's good side.As they say,if you can't beat them join them.I advice you to join God,He might just prove to be fair to you,u know.Take your chances.He's being fair to me B T W
Re: Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:26pm On Nov 06, 2008
Is God a fair God; Hells no.

Is he a just God; I still say no

Infact, is there a God; No.
Re: Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 07, 2008
I totally believe in God and his power to do mighty things, but lets face fact here God is unfair and unjust. Little wonder he said '' my ways are different from your ways so are your thought different from yours'' He unfair and that is the fair truth but his supremacy remain and he remains the all knowing one, he does as he pleases and is unquestionable.

Thanks.

Donpuzo aka dogman
Re: Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by wuciwug: 1:52am On Nov 08, 2008
Imagine a block-buster movie that has just premiered. Will Smith is the star. In the movie we see numerous actors and actresses portray the lives of other people and they seem almost real. Some of these actors and actresses experience death, murder, decapitation, loss, rape, birth etc in these films and we almost believe them!

In real life, we are all God’s actors and actresses. He is the screen writer, film director and producer and he chooses the story line, moral and outcome for each movie. In the same way Will Smith exists outside each movie he features in, the same way we each exist outside “real life”, which draws attention to our true existence which is our spiritual existence.

Rest assured, each movie we all star in has a lesson to be learnt from.

This understanding will form the basis for my explanation and understanding of God being just and fair.

WHO IS GOD?

God is a spiritual immortal being that is called or can be known as Consciousness. If you can agree that thoughts do exist and yet cannot be seen until transformed into a creation, then you can readily accept the existence of God. Look around you and you will find that everything that surrounds you was once a thought, i.e. the chair you sit on.

Since we are created in the image and likeness of God, we know that God creates by making spiritual things physical. Herein lies a trait we share with God, we also create physical things from spiritual things, the spiritual thing here being our thoughts. More importantly is the knowledge that everything we do takes on form; our thoughts, words and actions.

God creates with the Word, and we are told in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. Man being a physical reflection of God on earth also has the Word within him, but with measure. Essentially, the Word is God and also a power of God. What this means in essence is that the Word in the hands of man, is a tool or power that requires delicate and sensible use.
The words we speak are spirits that can either create or destroy. And part of the reason it creates or destroys is because the Word is a spirit and a power that controls and influences all creation. Man being a creation of the spirit and being a spirit means man is easily influenced by the words spoken by other men. With words we can inspire men to greater heights or to the depths of hell.

This is why Proverbs says,

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

He that hath knowledge spareth his words: and a man of understanding is of an excellent spirit. Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

A fool’s mouth is his distruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul.

Colossians 4:6

Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

Ephesians 4:29

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

This is why the scriptures urge us to speak with grace, as we will reap what we sow.  When we speak positive words, these words seek out similar spirits, germinate, multiply and return to us multiplied. How these words that return to us now take effect in our lives has a lot to do with the kind of karma or spirit that surrounds us.

God in his infinite wisdom gave us restrained used of the word. Reason being, we lack adequate wisdom, knowledge and understanding to enable its profitable use. This means to use the word to any effect, either positively or negatively, we need to draw upon a passion from deep within ourselves. If we draw upon a deep feeling of sincerity, love or hatred from within, our words will have an impact. This is why we are advised against the use of idle words.

Unless I’m mistaken, most Nigerians are aware of the power of the spoken word. We know that the efficacy of using positive words to bless ourselves. For example, Yorubas, when they have headaches, would rather say my enemy is having a headache! There rather pronounce negative things to a third person rather then themselves.

Another example is when a Yoruba person has been unfairly and unjustly offended and they take it to heart. They have been known to strip naked in the early hours of the morning, calling on upon God to avenge them, proclaiming that they have neither tasted anything with salt or pepper and they know that they have done nothing to warrant the ill-treatment they have received. This is a powerful cry for justice which often does work!

Specific institutions put in place by God to ensure the smooth running of our spiritual equilibrium.  One such institution is our spiritual bank accounts. These are similar to having a normal current bank account. The difference here is that the currency being traded is good or bad actions or reactions, positive or negative words, thoughts and deeds.

When we perform positive deeds our account is positively credited and it obviously accrues interest. The same applies if the deeds are negative.

Now, since no one is perfect, we are each prone to doing sinful or negative things occasionally, but what makes a difference is what we are prone to doing most of the time. Therefore if we are prone to doing more positive than negative things, our bank balance will be in credit and therefore positive. So despite a few negative withdrawals, our positive bank balance negates our negative withdrawals. This is similar to having a £10,000 bank balance and you make a £100 withdrawal.

Now consider a situation where an individual thrives on doing bad things. His account will obviously be in the red coupled with the additional charges for being overdrawn. Now, if this individual now has a negative thought about someone or something, the thought goes out to find/merge with similar thoughts, and if similar thought patterns are found, it multiples and returns to each thought originator many fold, but if similar thought patterns are not found they still return as they went out, in which case the account is debited twice.

Now the consequence of having a positive spiritual bank balance is that when you are in need of some form of help or assistance i.e. you run into a problem in life, the spiritual law of reaping what you sow kicks in. You spiritual account will be checked and if you have insufficient credit, the help or assistance you receive will either be adequate to your needs because you are considered credit-worthy (you have a good spirit, hence your balance will reflect your good spirit in no time) or you will receive a help proportional to your balance but which may not be adequate to the help you require.  The worst case scenario is applicable to those with grossly negative balances. If per chance they have any positive deed credited to their account, the grossly negative balance will not make any difference to then unless they can bring their account back to credit.

Now imagine that this account holder does not clear his debit balance in this life time. What happens is that when his spirit is reborn through reincarnation, the person will go through life experiencing a life of lack. Especially in those areas that brought about the negative balance in the first instance. Although, if essentially, the person has a good spirit, opportunities will be provided to make amends and right wrongs. But consider a woman who ties her womb in this life time because she no longer wants children. Unfortunately upon her return through reincarnation, she will most likely, return barren and the joy of having children will elude her. But her passion and desire to have children will wax stronger.

Another trait of God is that he sustains all creation. He is the breath of life and through him we all exist. This same trait can also be found in man. Owing to being created in God’s likeness, we also sustain our creations, and not all our creations are physical! They are mostly spiritual in nature! How you might begin to wonder?

Every thought that we think has life! They have life because we are alive and we sustain them. And for every thought that we each think, the thought goes out seeking similar thought patterns and they combine in force and return to each originator multiplied, magnified and more powerful.

If you think carefully or start to take note about your thoughts and feelings, you will realize that there have been instances when for no obvious reason your thoughts go to a particular individual or individuals. The thoughts could either be positive or negative. But when someone thinks evil or good of you or towards you, instantly you feel the vibration, and based on the nature of the thought, you start reciprocating similar thoughts to the same individual.

THE PURPOSE OF LIFE

The dream of every good parent is to see their children prosper and excel and achieve beyond themselves.  The process of making this dream a reality begins with you the parents. What kind of traits you have and exhibit. Your level of spiritual, emotional, and mental development and ultimately God’s will or design for you and what role your linage is ordained to play in the grand scheme of things.
The traits you pass on children are imprinted in your genes/genetic codes, both physically and spiritually. The spiritual part of it is determined by God. He decides whether you will be a good or bad spirit from the start. Invariably, the type of sprit God has made you, informs/directs/shapen who you are and what manner of individual you turn out to be.

Essentially, this earthly situation is a reflection of the heavenly one. God’s will for us as his children, from the start is for us to be like him, which is means God-like.  But one crucial point to remember is that we are gods, because our Father is God. Adam and Eve were the first children of God. They were essentially the first babies to exists, but in adult form. This however made no difference to their level of understanding; they still were babies to all intents and purposes with the reasoning levels of babies at infancy.

Since God’s intention is for man to be like him, he had to set in place /put in motion a situation whereby we can learn to become like him. Becoming like God means having the ability and power to discern good from evil.  The ability to discern good from evil requires having these virtues; tolerance, mercy, compassion, love, long-suffering, humility, kindness etc. The ability to be God-like (telling right from wrong) is what many Christians arrogate to themselves without realizing that no man truly knows the difference between right and wrong, good or bad.

Ecclesiastes 9: 1

For all this I considered in my heart even to declare all this, that the righteous, and the wise, and their works, are in the hand of God: no man knoweth either love or hatred by all that is before them.
The qualities that make God who he is cannot be taught, neither can it be bestowed on anyone, they can however be learnt and acquired over a period of time. A period of time being thousands, if not millions of years!

Adam and Eve being the first children of God did not have the comprehension or capability to know or discern right from wrong.  They were basically toddlers being told by their parent what to do and what not to do.  But as we all know, being part and parcel of God and having trace elements of him within us, we all have a desire, a yearning, a quest for knowledge, understanding and awareness because God himself is Knowledge, Understanding and Awareness.  However, unlike God who is Knowledge, Understanding and Awareness, we crave to know, to understand and be aware.

Hence the only way we can satisfy/quench this void in/within ourselves is to seek fulfilment.  Seeking fulfilment of that which we lack requires experience and the very act of experience which later becomes knowledge, understanding and awareness which also results in wisdom, can usually be good or bad, right or wrong, sweet or sour.

To this end, it starts becoming apparent that Adam and Eve had to fall so as to rise. Their fall was inevitable owing to the fact that their inherent God traits would not permit them to do otherwise. You could very well say God had pre-programmed them to act so. But why punish them if their action is as a result of being created in the image and likeness of God?

Owing to the manner in which God operates, he could not ask, tell or force Adam and Eve to become God-like.  This was a decision they had to “arrive” at themselves. To “arrive” at this decision, Adam and Eve were tormented by the longing and yearning to know, understand and be aware and the conflict of being told this was something they should not do. This is similar to saying a lion cub should not have the innate desire to kill prey for its meal or that a dog will not have the innate desire to eat meat.

The turmoil, conflict and indecision experienced by Adam and Eve, but which overwhelmed Eve more, is what the bible symbolizes as “the serpent, the most subtle of all beasts of the field, made by God” The serpent is used to symbolize indecision because of its “slithering back and forth movement” or in the case of Adam and Eve, should we or shouldn’t we become God-like, should I or shouldn’t I become God-like?

So, in reality God did not punish Adam and Eve, for choosing to become God-like, rather he put in place a process whereby Adam and Eve, and therefore all mankind would be able to learn from experience how to become God-like. And this process by its very nature is bitter and sweet, wrong and right, good and bad, which is synonymous with the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and the very essence of God.

So, in order to understand this dance of life, you must be aware that because God is a spirit, man also is a spirit and since the spirit of God cannot die, neither can the spirit of God in man die.  The spirit of God in man is an adaptive resilient spirit. Where ever it finds itself it thrives, prospers, grows and regenerates. This is simply why, no matter the trial, tribulation or temptation faced by any man with the spirit of God within him, will always be overcome.

Take for instance the story of Esau and Jacob, their paths in life was already carved out before they were born. The elder was supposed to serve the younger, so why should it be that their mother did wrong by helping Jacob “steal” Esau’s blessings? What kind of hunger could possess a man to sell his birthright for food, when he himself was not crippled or were there no fruits he could have eaten? Why did it happen that their father was also conveniently blind, preventing him from identifying Jacob as the wrong son? Which begs the question how can God be just and fair in light of these occurrences? The answer to these questions will hopefully become clearer as we proceed.

A similar story worthy of mention is that of Job. We are told how Satan came along with the sons of God to pay homage to God. During this visit, God drew Satan’s attention to Job. He sang Job’s praise to the point Satan had to retort haba! Are you not the one protecting him? Comot protection and let us see if he will continue to praise you. God then gave authority to Satan to do whatever he pleased to Job but not take his life. In a nutshell, God gave Satan the authority to destroy all that he owed wealth and family, yet Job remained faithful to God. After a period of time had passed and Satan had exercised him might to no avail, God replaced everything he lost.

The question many would ask is how can God be just if he allowed Satan to kill his family? Many would ask, what could possibly justify such actions? What lesson or lessons can one possibly learn from this occurrence?

Job represents the adaptive resilient spirit of God in man that triumphs through trials, tribulations and temptations and highlights a very crucial point in aspiring to be God-like; you must be tried, proven and tested at every level before you can proceed to the next. At another level, we start to realize that life is a school through which we learn different modules of a subject; we learn about the different aspects of love, compassion, tolerance etc.

In this school we all are the students. God provides all the opportunities we require to learn about the different aspects of a subject and Satan is the Chief examiner who tests our competence at every stage or level before we can proceed to the next, which gives meaning to the phrase, no cross (trials, tribulations & temptation), no crown (the glory of passing each stage of examination).

At another level, we are made aware of the impotence of Satan. The combined visit of the sons of God and Satan at the same time draws attention to the co-existence of good and evil in man, but when a man has a good spirit as the dominant force within him, he is more able and drawn towards good and Satan is powerless against him since God always protects his own.  For a child of God to experience “evil” permission has to be granted by God. Put into proper perspective, what we would call “evil” to God, is a necessary test to prove us worthy children of God.

Contrary to the belief of many, there are two sides to God which also reflects the dual nature of man. We have the inherent ability to either be good or evil, wrong or right, sweet or sour. Good on its own is an extreme form of Evil. Likewise, Evil on its own is also an extreme form of Good. A true balance is only possible with the present of both spirits simultaneously, but only God has the full power, authority and ability to control all spirits since they all emanate from him.

Hence, if we are to become God-like, the requirement is that we learn to balance and effectively utilize the existence of good and evil within us.  To further clarity things, how can anyone possibly appreciate good or evil without the presence of the other to compare or contrast with? How can anyone appreciate good health without the contrast of sickness or ill-health? This is where Ecclesiastes 3: 1 – 8, begins to have better clarification;

1. To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2. A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3. A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4. A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5. A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6. A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7. A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8. A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

This is why we live in a perfect-imperfect world where everything is in balance. Imagine a world were everything is good and therefore perfect.  There will be no sickness, no crime, no police, no law, and no judicial system; neither will there be a diversity of religions because we should all be perfect.  Now, if we all are perfect, of what need would there be to learn from each other? Do foresee the need for God in such a scenario?

The goal for Christianity is to be God-like, Christ-like or Christ’s of God. Hence our entire drive is not how we will gain entrance into heaven, but how we will resemble God.

If you think carefully about the evolution of man, you will realize that our growth is sequential. We grow from one stage to the next and from one level to the other, from infancy into adulthood. This is evident through history, through each stage of our development which is represented by a particular age. There was a point in time man was barbaric. There was no compassion, mercy, love or tolerance. This barbaric stage of our development can be likened to a period in the growth of a child known as the terrible twos.
Below is an excerpt about the terrible two’s stage;

The phrase alone can make new parents quake in their boots: the ‘terrible twos’. No doubt everyone has told you about it – how your child will go from sweet to sour adorable to deplorable, angel to devil – and all without there being anything you can do about it. In part, these experienced advisors are correct. Most children do go through the ‘terrible twos’ as a normal part of their development, but this does not mean that misbehaviour should be accepted or encouraged. Instead, empathise with your child’s desire to assert his or her own will, but remember that at all times you are still the parent, and you should always act like it.

The ‘Terrible Twos’ and Child Development

As a stereotype, most children over the age of one year become quite negative about daily activities and often begin to say “no” to almost anything suggested to them, sometimes even if it is an activity that they would normally enjoy. Often this behaviour can last beyond the second year, meaning that the ‘terrible twos’ can also turn into the ‘terrible threes’ for some lucky parents. While it can be disconcerting, this new behaviour needn’t cause great worries. It may seem like your child has become contrary and to a degree (s)he has, but there is an underlying stage of child development going on here. What is manifesting itself as negative behaviour is actually your child’s first attempts at becoming independent.

At this stage of our spiritual growth nothing could be done to stop, change or avert it. This was a stage in our growth that we had to experience in order to move on to the next stage. What we need to realize is that with the help of reincarnation man evolves from one spiritual stage of understanding to the next.

There was a point in time you would be killed for admitting you can see visions or having the ability to prophesy, you would be considered a heretic. Also during this period the main church was the Roman Catholic Church. They were responsible for the Inquisition.

The process of becoming God-like involves what we have come to know as death with the help of reincarnation, and life with the help of human relationships and interactions, mainly through the institution of marriage.

THE MYSTERY OF DEATH

Death as a phenomenon baffles many of us. Many of us go to extreme lengths to avoid or avert death; they join secret societies, others engage in prayers. The first death ever to occur was that of Adam. The deep sleep God put him under so as to create Eve was death.

TO BE CONTINUED……

1 Like

Re: Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by chessguru(m): 10:08am On Nov 08, 2008
@post

, There are things to be settled, 1. i presume you believe God exists, if not you wont ask if he is just or not?
2. He created you,

i shall answer your question with those two assumptions

, If he made you and the universe- if this is true then he sets the rules and decides on what and how to carry out whatever pleases him, if you are create your own universe it only natural for you to decide what and what and your creation can't question you, no matter what your will must be done and MUST BE RIGHT AND JUST, because you DECIDE WHAT IS RIGHT AND JUST!!you will do what you please with your creations according to your Grand game plan, and the creatures can't really understand why with their tiny brains!!

God made the universe and whatever he does no matter what is right and just, if he is wrong then wrong suddenly becomes right if he is unjust then his's injustice is just, AS LONG AS HE MADE YOU YOU can't DECIDE WHAT IS JUST OR UNJUST FOR HIM!!the human intellect evolts against what it does notunderstand even his creator, there are many things which the human mind can never comprehend, because eyes have not seen, ear has not heard what the LORD hve in stock so it does not lie in the power of a creation to question his creator's credibility!![b]you can't compare your intelligence with that of a being who has been in existence before the creation of the word exist!![/b]so why question what you don't stand a chance of ever understanding?

Re: Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by wirinet(m): 11:17am On Nov 08, 2008
Donpuzo,

The Abrahamic God is anything but fair and just. He is very partial, vengeful, erratic and unpridictable. In fact the Abrahamic God is a very Violent God, he has murdered more people or ordered more people to be murdered (including women and children and sometimes animals too) than all the wicked men that have existed put together.

Almost every chapter of the Bible is full of violence, the first act of Gods violence is driving adam from the garden with flamming swords, because the disobeyed. Not long after that Cain murdered his brother. not long after that Sodom and Gomorrah was raised to the ground, man woman and animals. Then the whole world was wiped out in a flood.

The violence goes on and on in almost every chapter in every book of the Bible. The Ultimate violence is what we are told to expect in Revelation. I will hate my Kids reading the level of violence there. It should be rated 18 to avoid kids reading and digesting it.

I think that is why followers of these three religions are highly violent, because that is the nature of their God, and they are asked to be Godlike
Re: Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by wirinet(m): 11:17am On Nov 08, 2008
Donpuzo,

The Abrahamic God is anything but fair and just. He is very partial, vengeful, erratic and unpridictable. In fact the Abrahamic God is a very Violent God, he has murdered more people or ordered more people to be murdered (including women and children and sometimes animals too) than all the wicked men that have existed put together.  

Almost every chapter of the Bible is full of violence, the first act of Gods violence is driving adam from the garden with flamming swords, because the disobeyed. Not long after that Cain murdered his brother. not long after that Sodom and Gomorrah was raised to the ground, man woman and animals. Then the whole world was wiped out in a flood.

The violence goes on and on in almost every chapter in every book of the Bible. The Ultimate violence is what we are told to expect in Revelation. I will hate my Kids reading the level of violence there. It should be rated 18 to avoid kids reading and digesting it.

I think that is why followers of these three religions are highly violent, because that is the nature of their God, and they are asked to be Godlike
Re: Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by Nobody: 2:29am On Nov 09, 2008
Nice word from you guys, but we are speaking from human point of view afterall we are not God and so we should also be realistic. Anyway wirinet, you got me up after readig that. Are you a sort of bible scholar, thumbs up. Chessguru, injustice is injustice and being unfair is being unfair, at least i have gotten thje answer from you,. Thanks. Tell me how injustice becomes justice.

Thanks

Donpuzo aka dogman
Re: Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by slimfine(f): 5:46am On Dec 19, 2008
@ poster,

did we forget that God gave us our own free will? He does not command us around. So whatever you sow, you shall reap.

you can say that God is unfair but how fair are the people of sodom and gomorrah when they were commiting all the atrocities that they did. God had to get rid of them because they were full of immorality. remember that he saved the righteous people amongst them (Lot's family)

So is the great tribulation that is to come (revelation) becuase God need to reward his people. True and practicing christians today suffer in this world. when you try to uphold bible principle in your life, you will find out that this live does not worth living sometimes becuase the world want you to behave differently. How long will God allow his people to suffer? if You try to live a just and Godly way, then revelation should not scare you becuase God promised to take care of his people during that great tribulation. That has to happen for the earth to be a paradise again. Actually these events marks the end of human suffering and death! so Rejoice if you are a true worshippers of God! "The meek shall inherit the new earthly paradise and duel in it forever" how is this suppose to come through if we have corrupt and mischievious people still alive and living with the righteous?

ultimately, God loves all of us and has been taking long for jesus to come back becuase, he want each and everyone of us to get the chance to accept him. That day will be like a thief snicking up on us! so dear if I were you, I will work on developing a good relationship with God and not criticize his actions becuase we will never win just like satan has lost.

If God is unfair he would have slap your thoat shut! for daring him but you see, he is full of love and kindness.
Re: Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 19, 2008
yes
Re: Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by auwal87(m): 4:36pm On Dec 19, 2008
"These are the communications of God which We recite to you with truth, and God does not desire any injustice to the creatures."
(Al-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #108)

"The likeness of what they spend in the life of this world is as the likeness of wind in which is intense cold (that) smites the seed produce of a people who haw done injustice to their souls and destroys it; and God is not unjust to them, but they are unjust to themselves."
(Al-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #117)

"O you who believe! be maintainers of justice, bearers of witness of God's sake, though it may be against your own selves or (your) parents or near relatives; if he be rich or poor, God is nearer to them both in compassion; therefore do not follow (your) low desires, lest you deviate; and if you swerve or turn aside, then surely God is aware of what you do."
(An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #135)
Re: Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by Kuns: 9:37pm On Dec 19, 2008
The God of the Bible has got blood on his hand ,  the Jewish, Christian and Islamic Gods are guilty of Murder.

Their God is evil, because he said in the bible to go kill women and children.

Only the Black Gods (Deities) of Afrokhan havent told their people to kill anyone who doesn't accept their teaching.

Every other God tells their followers to kill people who do not accept their teachings. 

God should know that the spirit NEVER dies, so why would any God (Bible, Koran or Torah) tell anyone to go kill, knowing fully well that the spirit is eternal and cannot die.

This thing people are calling GOD is the DEVIL.

Afrokhan (Afro "woolly hair" Khan "ruler") people are a peaceful people so their Gods are the real true peace loving Gods (Deities).
Re: Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by bindex(m): 9:46pm On Dec 19, 2008
Kuns:

The God of the Bible has got blood on his hand , the Jewish, Christian and Islamic Gods are guilty of Murder.

Their God is evil, because he said in the bible to go kill women and children.

Only the Black Gods (Deities) of Afrokhan havent told their people to kill anyone who doesn't accept their teaching.

Every other God tells their followers to kill people who do not accept their follow ,

God should know that the spirit NEVER dies , so why would any God (Bible, Koran or Torah) tell anyone to go kill, knowing fully well that the spirit is eternal and cannot die.

This thing people are calling GOD is the DEVIL.

Afrokhan (Afro "woolly hair" Khan "ruler"wink people are a peaceful people so their Gods are the real true peace loving Gods (Deities).

Niaraland has been invaded by advocates of the Afro Gods these days. grin
Re: Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by Kuns: 10:10pm On Dec 19, 2008
We are those true Gods of the Earth, You, my brother, You are the descendant of the ancient ones that came to this planet millions of year ago. The woolly hair black skinned beings called the Neteru, the Anu-nnagi Eloheem those who birthed the Orisha.

Before myth of E'zeus (Jesus) was created, we were those Gods (Deities).

Now we must get control of our land and it's resource, we cannot do this if our people are still struck worshipping the invaders, the slave or colonial master, the enslaver ,

See how they used religion to enslave the mind of the Afrokhan ,  when are our people going to stop this niggerly behaviour waiting for a pale abino to come out of the clouds to come and save them, this is the ultimate enslavement.

Free your MINDS,
Re: Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by bindex(m): 10:15pm On Dec 19, 2008
Kuns:

We are those true Gods of the Earth, You, my brother, You are the descendant of the ancient ones that came to this planet millions of year ago. The woolly hair black skinned beings called the Neteru, the Anu-nnagi Eloheem those who birthed the Orisha.

Before myth of E'zeus (Jesus) was created, we were those Gods (Deities).

Now we must get control of our land and it's resource, we cannot do this if our people are still struck worshipping the invaders, the slave or colonial master, the enslaver ,

See how they used religion to enslave the mind of the Afrokhan ,  when are our people going to stop this niggerly behaviour waiting for a pale abino to come out of the clouds to come and save them, this is the ultimate enslavement.

Free your MINDS,

You need to free your mind from your own mythical Gods. Who are these Gods you are talking about?(Neteru, the Anu-nnagi Eloheem  ) I don't not believe in them.
Re: Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by mantraa: 2:49am On Dec 20, 2008
'You need to free your mind from your own mythical Gods. Who are these Gods you are talking about?(Neteru, the Anu-nnagi Eloheem ) I don't not believe in them.'

I think he is a Nuwaubian. They are followers of an african american man called Malachi York who claims he came from a planet called rizq in a different galaxy far far away. He claims he came here on a spaceship hidden in a comet. He built an Egyptian compound in Georgia and had hundreds of followers until he was arrested and thrown in jail for 134 years for 74 counts of child molestation, 29 counts of aggravated child molestation, one count of rape, four counts of statutory rape, five counts of enticing a child for indecent purposes, two counts of sexual exploitation of a minor and one count of influencing a witness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuwaubianism

It seems like people will believe in anything these days.
Re: Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by ttalks(m): 6:23pm On Dec 21, 2008
Thanks pastor AIO. No one here is contesting God's supremacy and awesomeness. if God is just and fair, why then did he say ''i will have mercy on who i will have mercy on'' or what crime did Esau commit that he became the unfavoured of God, while his brother who was a deciever, or didn't jacob decieve his father. Even God said before birth he had planned that Esau will serve him younger brother CHAI!. Is it a good thing if God says you will serve your brother, what is the first word you will say perhapsm '' its not fair God''. So God is unjust and unfair. Many more points to prove this point.

Thanks

Donpuzo aka dogman

What crime did esau commit? That isn't the issue;this is the issue:

Romans 9:11-12
(11)  Yet before their children had been born or had done anything good or bad (so that God's plan of election might continue to operate
(12)  according to his calling and not by works), Rebecca was told, "The older child will serve the younger one."

Is God just and fair?
Answer:

Romans 9:14-21
(14)  What can we say, then? God is not unrighteous, is he? Of course not!
(15)  For he says to Moses, "I will be merciful to the person I want to be merciful to, and I will be kind to the person I want to be kind to."
(16)  Therefore, God's choice does not depend on a person's will or effort, but on God himself, who shows mercy.
(17)  For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, "I have raised you up for this very purpose, to demonstrate my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth."
(18)  Therefore, God has mercy on whomever he chooses, and he hardens the heart of whomever he chooses.
(19)  You may ask me, "Then why does God still find fault with anybody? For who can resist his will?"
(20)  On the contrary, who are you-mere man that you are-to talk back to God? Can an object that was molded say to the one who molded it, "Why did you make me like this?"
(21)  A potter has the right to do what he wants to with his clay, doesn't he? He can make something for a special occasion or something for ordinary use from the same lump.

God is the creator and owner of all existence and all in existence.He can do as he pleases with them and he did all he did in the bible so his purpose and plan of election/selection/ordination/predestination would come into being.

Is he just and fair?  Yes he is.

Think about stuff that you own or created.Don't you handle them as you please or want or according to a specific purpose of yours?Will you now say you aren't being fair to those objects you own or created? Eg. your car(doesn't it deserve a holiday after the way you use it practically everyday in the year?), the food you cooked(for the purpose of stemming hunger and surviving{don't those food materials;plants/animals,deserve to live?What crime did they commit}),the shoe you wear.etc.
Re: Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by bindex(m): 6:41pm On Dec 21, 2008
(18) Therefore, God has mercy on whomever he chooses, and he hardens the heart of whomever he chooses.

Is this the Koran? You believe this and yet you go around bandying the myth that your God is merciful? Hardens the heart of whemever he chooses you wrote. grin

ttalks:

What crime did esau commit? That isn't the issue;this is the issue:

Romans 9:11-12
(11) Yet before their children had been born or had done anything good or bad (so that God's plan of election might continue to operate
(12) according to his calling and not by works), Rebecca was told, "The older child will serve the younger one."

Is God just and fair?
Answer:

Romans 9:14-21
(14) What can we say, then? God is not unrighteous, is he? Of course not!
(15) For he says to Moses, "I will be merciful to the person I want to be merciful to, and I will be kind to the person I want to be kind to."
(16) Therefore, God's choice does not depend on a person's will or effort, but on God himself, who shows mercy.
(17) For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, "I have raised you up for this very purpose, to demonstrate my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth."
(18) Therefore, God has mercy on whomever he chooses, and he hardens the heart of whomever he chooses.
(19) You may ask me, "Then why does God still find fault with anybody? For who can resist his will?"
(20) On the contrary, who are you-mere man that you are-to talk back to God? Can an object that was molded say to the one who molded it, "Why did you make me like this?"
(21) A potter has the right to do what he wants to with his clay, doesn't he? He can make something for a special occasion or something for ordinary use from the same lump.

God is the creator and owner of all existence and all in existence.He can do as he pleases with them and he did all he did in the bible so his purpose and plan of election/selection/ordination/predestination would come into being.

Is he just and fair? Yes he is.

Think about stuff that you own or created.Don't you handle them as you please or want or according to a specific purpose of yours?Will you now say you aren't being fair to those objects you own or created? Eg. your car(doesn't it deserve a holiday after the way you use it practically everyday in the year?), the food you cooked(for the purpose of stemming hunger and surviving{don't those food materials;plants/animals,deserve to live?What crime did they commit}),the shoe you wear.etc.

Why are you the one that is telling us about God using your own ridiculous understanding? why can't the biblical God poke his face and tell that to the people himself? I have seen a lot of reasonable Justification and defence of the action or inactions of the biblical God by his "children" but this is a load of crap.
Re: Is God Really A Just And Fair God? by ttalks(m): 10:29pm On Dec 21, 2008
bindex:

Is this the Koran? You believe this and yet you go around bandying the myth that your God is merciful? Hardens the heart of whemever he chooses you wrote. grin

Why are you the one that is telling us about God using your own ridiculous understanding? why can't the biblical God poke his face and tell that to the people himself? I have seen a lot of reasonable Justification and defence of the action or inactions of the biblical God by his "children" but this is a load of crap.

So sorry for you.Like I said before,you are completely lost. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity / Deeper Life Pastor Defiles 2 Under-aged Girls / Clash Of The Religious Titans! Did Maclatunji Just Hide Manmustwac's Complaint?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.