Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,667 members, 7,823,884 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Nigerians Spent Millions On Parties but 200,000 School Fee Is A Problem -Oyedepo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Spent Millions On Parties but 200,000 School Fee Is A Problem -Oyedepo (3869 Views)

EXCLUSIVE: Why Do Top Politicians Spend So Much On Parties? / Lagosians spend over N1bn on parties monthly –Govt / I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Spent Millions On Parties but 200,000 School Fee Is A Problem -Oyedepo by focus7: 11:02am On Sep 20, 2014
PassingShot: Insensitive comments from Oyedepo again.

I guess he doesn't understand that the word "average" is always misleading. For example, out of ten persons, one has a million Naira and each of the rest has 10,000 Naira each. Going by the word "average", each of those ten guys now has 109,000 Naira since they all have 1.09 Million Naira combined.

Oyedepo, remember that you and your likes are supposed to focus on providing and helping the less-privileged get out of life challenges especially where our government has failed but you're instead compounding the problems of the common man.

Continue to be "gods of men" instead of "men of God" and let's see where it will take you.

singing "Your opinion and a waste of ur time while he's moving forward critics are busy watching".
Re: Nigerians Spent Millions On Parties but 200,000 School Fee Is A Problem -Oyedepo by kropelgrada(m): 11:03am On Sep 20, 2014
focus7: Your opinion and a waste of time. Check the man out he's making progress and having result.
You sir are a grade 1 pillock.
Why does he have to depend on church offerings and tithes to break new grounds and make progress.
If he was so smart like you make him out to be why didn't he start out as a businessman.Because he has made so much money as a 'god of men',now he is breaking new grounds?
Better bring your head out of this man's culo so that you can start thinking straight cos it's obvious that u are one of them that are being brainwashed by these modern day scammers that call themselves 'god of men'

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Spent Millions On Parties but 200,000 School Fee Is A Problem -Oyedepo by WINDSOW(m): 11:06am On Sep 20, 2014
focus7: Your opinion and a waste of ur time, d man is still moving forward.
Yeah,humanly he's bt wonder if he peme mayb he'd go wit his scam wealth.Let always say †ђξ truth not minding whose ox is gog.
Re: Nigerians Spent Millions On Parties but 200,000 School Fee Is A Problem -Oyedepo by mayorall(m): 11:06am On Sep 20, 2014
I am one of the the bursary award beneficiaries this year. I got #45,000.
Re: Nigerians Spent Millions On Parties but 200,000 School Fee Is A Problem -Oyedepo by WoodcrestMayor(m): 11:09am On Sep 20, 2014
I agree to an extent.
Pple give to the dead wat dey couldn't afford giving wen he/she was alive.Look at d aso ebi ish...pple don't mind borrowing just to buy aso ebi.Pple take loans to paint the town red during parties only to retire home and soak garri.
Itz always abt showing off wen it comes to parties in dis country...#MisplacedPriorities
DaWorshiper: ''An average Nigerian...''?? I don't think so!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Spent Millions On Parties but 200,000 School Fee Is A Problem -Oyedepo by koikoi2(m): 11:28am On Sep 20, 2014
Am so disappointed in Oyedepo. He's a shame and disgrace to the church of Christ.
Re: Nigerians Spent Millions On Parties but 200,000 School Fee Is A Problem -Oyedepo by datguru: 11:32am On Sep 20, 2014
nigerianvenom: i maynt agree totally with him,but i love his words which are fact

SMH
Re: Nigerians Spent Millions On Parties but 200,000 School Fee Is A Problem -Oyedepo by MightySparrow: 11:38am On Sep 20, 2014
FOOLISH PEOPLES PARTY (FPP)
I have read so many criticisms about high cost of education in missionary schools. Going to any school is matter of choice and priority.
Some even blame churches for poverty in Nigeria as if the church leaders are the ones ruling the country.
The cynics fail to see those employed by church, their schools an huge amount paid the academics and the equipment in those schools.

The other day Fashola tasked the tuition of LASU hell was let lose. He politically reversed his decision, people clapped for him. I think the government itself knows that education is expensive and the only way to very the best is to pay for it.
His silence means that improvements to the school is halted. Soon the school will go on strike again.
I can boldly say that none of the government owned tertiary institutions is as equipped as Covenant University in any course. Some of the equipment in government are obsolete, no new books in their libraries, the morale of the lecturers are low. These lecturers see what happen in other places and want to keep abreast of frontier of knowledge but greedy politicians have bastardised the sector.

Bishop and his likes pls help to reposition our educational sector by the bits you are contributing and leave the foolish people babbling

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Spent Millions On Parties but 200,000 School Fee Is A Problem -Oyedepo by focus7: 11:39am On Sep 20, 2014
kropelgrada:
You sir are a grade 1 pillock.
Why does he have to depend on church offerings and tithes to break new grounds and make progress.
If he was so smart like you make him out to be why didn't he start out as a businessman.Because he has made so much money as a 'god of men',now he is breaking new grounds?
Better bring your head out of this man's culo so that you can start thinking straight cos it's obvious that u are one of them that are being brainwashed by these modern day scammers that call themselves 'god of men'
u should have started your own church and be collecting tithe and offering instead of running around looking for jobs after fours years of ur graduation and see how it is.
Re: Nigerians Spent Millions On Parties but 200,000 School Fee Is A Problem -Oyedepo by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 20, 2014
focus7: You should have just conceal ur stupidity and not make dis post. Do u think if the man was guilty d UK government would have spared him? Maybe u should ask Pst. Mathew and learn more.
Niqqa from all indication I could tell you apart of his gullible members that's why you wouldn't find him wrong,need I remember you when a girl loves you she doesn't find nothing wrong in the man she loves so go one ahead and let that slick muthafucka continue to milk you out
Re: Nigerians Spent Millions On Parties but 200,000 School Fee Is A Problem -Oyedepo by Just20(f): 12:26pm On Sep 20, 2014
focus7: what a pity u just expressed ur opinion and wasted ur time. How do u get respose from him now?
it's more of a rhetoric question. And moreover these people read stuff written about them and may not necessarily reply but thank God for "conscience". It follows one everywhere and one must answer it

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Spent Millions On Parties but 200,000 School Fee Is A Problem -Oyedepo by free2ryhme: 12:31pm On Sep 20, 2014
solaugo:
The founder of the Living Faith Church, Bishop David Oyedepo, has defended the tuition fees charged by schools owned by the church, describing the provision of quality education as an expensive venture.

Oyedepo said this while addressing journalists on Friday in Ota, Ogun State, at a media chat organised in commemoration of his 60th birthday coming up on September 27, 2014.

Private schools in the country, including Covenant and Landmark universities, owned by the church are often criticised for being too expensive for average Nigerians to afford.

But Oyedepo highlighted some of the church’s humanitarian programmes which include providing scholarships and bursary awards to assist students.

He said, “I’m sure we all agree that education is expensive. Education carries cost; nothing of value is free. Our mission for years long, before we started any university or secondary school, was a bursary awarding church and we have not stopped doing that till tomorrow.”

Oyedepo said that the church was committed to providing quality education to youths, adding that many Nigerians complain about the cost of education in private universities because they have got their priorities misplaced.

“Our problem most of the time is priority; an average Nigerian can spend N1m on burial but to spend N200,000 on education (is a problem), because of wrong priority.

“On a yearly basis, we have N1.5trn that Nigerians spend to overseas universities, so people thrive on it. Nigerians spend N463bn a month on recharge cards, how much are they paying for schools fees? So it’s all a matter of priority. This is the largest market for telephone in the world. Now, to pay N500,000, some people have only one son, they have huge business and houses all over the places, they will never pay it.”

Speaking further, Oyedepo said he had chosen not to respond to the many controversial reports about him on the social media because he considered it as a waste of time.

He said, “My understanding of opposition, persecution is simply someone’s opinion harshly expressed. Everybody has a right to his opinion. Today, millions follow after Christ but you will be surprised that when you get to Israel some people do not believe that Christ has come.

“People have rights to their opinions. I naturally don’t feel it’s necessary (to respond). The energy I would need to react, I can use it to make moves. I have enough to think about than start running after a man who says you are a fool.

“If he says you are a fool and you are behaving so, then he’s right. If you leave your job and start pursuing somebody who says you are a fool, he has already said so, your going around doesn’t change it. So why going around, why don’t you settle on your job and make moves?

“I’ve also come to understand that those who make news hardly watch them, they are so busy making news while others are busy watching.”

Asked about the challenges he has faced in life and in his ministry, Oyedepo said he had never dwelled on his challenges but that he has rather been fuelled by them.

He said, “Life essentially is full of challenges, it is those challenges that make champions. You can’t emerge a heavy weight boxing champion except you receive punches. You can’t change classes in school except you write exams.

“So to me, life is an adventure in challenges and I’ve said often that it is normal to be challenged but it’s unscriptural to be defeated. Challenges are the stepping stones for the making of champions.”

Read more @ http://newsnownigeria.com.ng/nigerians-spent-millions-to-host-parties-but-to-pay-200000-school-is-a-problem-oyedepo/

he should mention the names of the nigerians
Re: Nigerians Spent Millions On Parties but 200,000 School Fee Is A Problem -Oyedepo by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay hands on everything they can get-Napoleon Bonaparte

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Spent Millions On Parties but 200,000 School Fee Is A Problem -Oyedepo by jdilight(m): 2:06pm On Sep 20, 2014
DaWorshiper: Ok, an ''Average Nigerian'' also can spend Billions of Naira to acquire a private jet, but can not make education free and cheap for his people. How about that??

No individual including Bill gate can make education free, only government do that.
Re: Nigerians Spent Millions On Parties but 200,000 School Fee Is A Problem -Oyedepo by jdilight(m): 2:09pm On Sep 20, 2014
Tolexander: i would have loved to ask him some questions but he wouldn't answer me since he has made up his mind not to do so.

Social media is a time waster.
Re: Nigerians Spent Millions On Parties but 200,000 School Fee Is A Problem -Oyedepo by timilehing(m): 2:21pm On Sep 20, 2014
An average Nigerian would be doing party every year??
Re: Nigerians Spent Millions On Parties but 200,000 School Fee Is A Problem -Oyedepo by maximunimpact(m): 3:37pm On Sep 20, 2014
At a time wen his fellow MOGs are systematically xposed, instead him respecting himself n shot up, he's bringing out his frogged eye like tinubu, he is indeed a fool as said
Re: Nigerians Spent Millions On Parties but 200,000 School Fee Is A Problem -Oyedepo by musiwa95: 3:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
grin sad cool

www.nairaland.com/attachments/460096_segun12_jpg4bfb4dc2f15478f82dd29518c3681c9d
[b][size=18pt]His Royal Highness

D Ade. Ade. Ade. Ade AdeMusiwa

House of Oduduwa
Emperor of Independent country of the Kingdom of Western Nigeria ( by International law)

the area Nigeria is already divided into 2 countries... by international law. Occupation is illegal

Western Nigeria with an Emperor , His Royal Highness Emperor D Ade. Ade. Ade. ADe. AdeMusiwa
And Nigeria.--- Goodluck Jonathan

the reason is, Independent Western Nigeria never join Nigeria. there was no decision of the people of Western nigeria to join Nigeria.

Look fashola or mimiko or aregbesola etc are considered as Illegal government, so all Oba:s which they have appointed or was appoint before them are also considered as illegal Obas under international law. You can see why Alafin of oyo etc are not recognized because they were appointed by illegal government.

Which leave the position of emperor which is still legal , which is reserve for my family. And make my family, the only emperor because an oba appointed by mimiko or fashola is illegal under international law, just like fashola or mimiko is considered as illegal. Do you now get it.

Why do I want Independent Western Nigeria to remain an Independent country different from Nigeria. Because it gives the people of Independent Western Nigeria to keep their taxes.. and develop.

Yorubas will say, Obirin to ni oyu, ko ke gbe idire to re.

[/size][/b]

[img]http://globalville.files./2014/02/goodluck-jonathan-presidet-of-nigeria.jpg?w=300&h=182[/img]

You can look at the passport , is call Ecowas passport.. The same way... more than one country can use one passport. 17 countries are using the Ecowas Passport. Including Independent Western Nigeria. That why we need to make Ecowas, write our passport different.

There are 17 independent countries in West Africa, not 16 countries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeoHA_IyLgs&list=UUb87BDP4HGsiqBllDwiejIQ

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1577006_map_nigeria89_pngd88e91157e0443d88dbc95fa9ca466f2

[img]http://www.tarborotimes.com/wp-content/themes/responz/themify/img.php?src=/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/euro-bills-pictures-euro-pictures-1024x664.jpg&w=474&h=194[/img]

Re: Nigerians Spent Millions On Parties but 200,000 School Fee Is A Problem -Oyedepo by gebest: 3:56pm On Sep 20, 2014
THERE ARE SOME PASTORS THAT POLITICIANS ARE BETTER THAN.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G!! Why Buhari Wont Probe IBB, Abacha, Obasanjo, Only Jonathan. / Biafrans Reacts to Petition Against Buhari And British-nigeria / BIAFRA: I Have No Interest In The Damnable Zoological Republic - Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.