Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,856 members, 7,813,916 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter (1794 Views)

Dokpesi Can Be Charged With Conspiracy – Sagay / Diezani To Be Charged Alongside Her Mother - Sahara Reporters / Election Prophecies: What Prophet T.B Joshua And Others Said About The Winner. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 20, 2014
THE SITUATION:
The collapsed building belonging to Synagogue church led to the deaths of almost a hundred victims and many others injured.
It was observed that the building was approved for 4 storeys, rather than the 7. The 3 additionals weren't approved by the Lagos State Ministry of Environment nor its housing counterpart. It was reported that After the collapse, officials of LASG and NEMA that went for rescue mission were first prevented entry into the compound by Members of Synagogue Church until after some pleas and Persuation from officials of the State.

THE OFFENSE:
From tha above, it is clear that the laws of the land was breached. The result of which has led to the death of citizens and foreigners. This is Involuntary Manslaughter. The people at Synagogue also obstructed/prevented officials of the State from doing their legitimate jobs, which amount to obstruction and (whatever).

THE CHARGE:
This is a prima facie case of involuntary manslaughter contrary to Section 222 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State. Mr TB Joshua should be arrested and charged for involuntary manslaughter along with everybody involved in the building construction. The Directorate for Public Prosecution and the Attorney General of Lagos State must not spare anyone.
Also, those that prevented officials from doing their jobs must be charged for their offence. We need Justice and not stories. Nobody should be bigger than the laws.

THEIR DEFENSE:
Whatever their defence is they should discuss with the judge and the prosecutors. This is the only way to build public confidence in the justice system in Lagos State.

MAN OF GOD THEORY:
This is alien to the law. Many clergies have been arrested and convicted including Rev King, that was convicted for murder and given death sentence. He is a mog to his followers(NOT To me).

Lagos State Must Act Now.

#barcanista

5 Likes

Re: TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 20, 2014
To the pro-Joshuans, don't even dare play the religious card because I am a Christian that separates the church from the state.

9 Likes

Re: TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by omenka(m): 10:05am On Sep 20, 2014
I doubt that will ever happen. Not in Nigeria!

4 Likes

Re: TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 20, 2014
omenka: I doubt that will ever happen. Not in Nigeria!
If Fashola don't act, it shows that he is a believer of shielding sacred cows, hence, can't be trusted to hold the Presidential office that he will have the task of fighting corruption perpetrated by the high and mighty. He must ACT!

4 Likes

Re: TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by Nctrice(m): 10:10am On Sep 20, 2014
Barcanista calm down! Look around you Bro, what do you see? Îts "Nigeria"!!! Even if the state institute a hundred count charge where manslaughter appears 99 times in different way you and I know its won't work!

2 Likes

Re: TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 20, 2014
Nctrice: Barcanista calm down!
Bros, it will be sheer hypocrisy on my part if I keep "quiet" like all is well. We have laws which everyone is/mustbe subjected to. I am not convicting him yet, all I am saying is that the law should take its course.

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 20, 2014
Nctrice: Barcanista calm down! Look around you Bro, what do you see? Îts "Nigeria"!!! Even if the state institute a hundred count charge where manslaughter appears 99 times in different way you and I know its won't work!
What won't work? As in how? Did you follow the case of Emeka Ezeugo aka Rev King? See there is a clear case of negligence and manslaughter here. It is "involuntary" because there wasn't an intent to cause death(or it can't be proven that their was an intent), hence the involuntary route. It will serve as deterrent to many others.

3 Likes

Re: TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by eunisam: 10:42am On Sep 20, 2014
They is no need for this.
Re: TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 20, 2014
eunisam: They is no need for this.
why?

3 Likes

Re: TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by anonimi: 11:25am On Sep 20, 2014
barcanista: What won't work? As in how? Did you follow the case of Emeka Ezeugo aka Rev King? See there is a clear case of negligence and manslaughter here. It is "involuntary" because there wasn't an intent to cause death(or it can't be proven that their was an intent), hence the involuntary route. It will serve as deterrent to many others.

Thanks for your very useful example-filled comment.

Sometimes you wonder why so many of us find it easier to make EXCUSES rather than do the right thing

5 Likes

Re: TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by talktimi(m): 11:27am On Sep 20, 2014
By right , he should have been invited for questioning by now

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by 1United1: 11:36am On Sep 20, 2014
APC, and Fashola may lose my vote, if that nigga is not , questioned, arrested and tried for possible homicide!

Only in Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 20, 2014
anonimi:

Thanks for your very useful example-filled comment. Sometimes you wonder why so many of us find it easier to make EXCUSES rather than do the right thing
100% agreed. They should tell their excuses to the judge. I am so disappointed in Lagos State government for foot-dragging this thing. I can imagine the Tens of families that will be crying and weeping at this moment. It wil be unfair to let Joshua off the hook.

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by Ukutsgp(m): 11:43am On Sep 20, 2014
Nigeria is one of the countries where you can do whatever you like and still move freely as if nothing has happened. it's a pity.
Re: TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 20, 2014
1United1: APC, and Fashola may lose my vote, if that nigga is not , questioned, arrested and tried for possible homicide!

Only in Nigeria!
You are not alone here. APC in Lagos may lose my vote and those of my acquatance if nothing is done in this case. This is what we are accusing the PDP Central Government of(shielding alleged criminals). If LASG can lock Choosen HQ for environmental offence and make them pay fine,prosecute and convicted Emeka ezeugo(Rev King), if they can sanction churches and mosques for violating environmental laws, ithen they must arrest and prosecute TB Joshua and all those their were involved in this incident.

2 Likes

Re: TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 20, 2014
Ukutsgp: Nigeria is one of the countries where you can do whatever you like and still move freely as if nothing has happened. it's a pity.
it is so sad that the State Government is yet to release a statement as regards this for over one week now.

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by lakpalakpa: 11:48am On Sep 20, 2014
Nigeria is full of so many dunces who can't see beyond their noses and behave like zombies whenever a "Man of God" is indicted for contravening the laws of the land.

I strongly believe that the LASG should make a strong point out of this case by proving to all that they will uphold the law at all times irrespective of whose ox is gored. Officials of SCOAN who are responsible for the loss of lives must be brought to face the full wrath of the law.

2 Likes

Re: TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 20, 2014
lakpalakpa: Nigeria is full of so many dunces who can't see beyond their noses and behave like zombies whenever a "Man of God" is indicted for contravening the laws of the land.

I strongly believe that the LASG should make a strong point out of this case by proving to all that they will uphold the law at all times irrespective of whose ox is gored. Officials of SCOAN who are responsible for the loss of lives must be brought to face the full wrath of the law.
I want to assume that the State Government is analysing the whole thing before making its position. But it is rather foot-dragging, which is giving me a source of concern. Fashola and the AG of Lagos should come with a strong position so as to tell the world that Lagos State don't see anyone as sacred cow. This will go a long way to send message to others that "No one is above the law". Fashola should not be afraid of religious blackmail as the good people of Lagos(Christians/Hindu/Pagans/Muslims/Atheist) are strongly behind him.
Re: TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by jimbones: 11:57am On Sep 20, 2014
He might not be charged on the stance that he is not part of the building committee. What if the church provided money for all appropriate measures to take place and some how along d line, some 1 went thru d back door. Until the matter is fully investigated then we can start throwin stones. But am certain he might not b indicted as an individual.
Re: TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by PapiWata: 11:58am On Sep 20, 2014
barcanista: THE SITUATION:
The collapsed building belonging to Synagogue church led to the deaths of almost a hundred victims and many others injured.
It was observed that the building was approved for 4 storeys, rather than the 7. The 3 additionals weren't approved by the Lagos State Ministry of Environment nor its housing counterpart. It was reported that After the collapse, officials of LASG and NEMA that went for rescue mission were first prevented entry into the compound by Members of Synagogue Church until after some pleas and Persuation from officials of the State.

THE OFFENSE:
From tha above, it is clear that the laws of the land was breached. The result of which has led to the death of citizens and foreigners. This is Involuntary Manslaughter. The people at Synagogue also obstructed/prevented officials of the State from doing their legitimate jobs, which amount to obstruction and (whatever).

THE CHARGE:
This is a prima facie case of involuntary manslaughter contrary to Section 222 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State. Mr TB Joshua should be arrested and charged for involuntary manslaughter along with everybody involved in the building construction. The Directorate for Public Prosecution and the Attorney General of Lagos State must not spare anyone.
Also, those that prevented officials from doing their jobs must be charged for their offence. We need Justice and not stories. Nobody should be bigger than the laws.

THEIR DEFENSE:
Whatever their defence is they should discuss with the judge and the prosecutors. This is the only way to build public confidence in the justice system in Lagos State.

MAN OF GOD THEORY:
This is alien to the law. Many clergies have been arrested and convicted including Rev King, that was convicted for murder and given death sentence. He is a mog to his followers(NOT To me).

Lagos State Must Act Now.

#barcanista

The dispassionate and methodical manner in which you have laid out the legal case against Pastor Jaguda establishes your credentials as a seasoned practitioner of the law well versed in its every letter.

My hat is off to you sir, for this submission made above. Now the expectation is that the families of the unlawfully killed will unite to launch a MASSIVE class-action lawsuit seeking dollar compensation for wrongful death, up in the 50 to 100 million dollar range, so that the unrepentant and boastful perpetrator NEVER recovers from that judgement, and NEVER again presides over a fraudulent, money-grubbing miracle church for as long as his miserable life lasts.

6 Likes

Re: TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 20, 2014
jimbones: He might not be charged on the stance that he is not part of the building committee. What if the church provided money for all appropriate measures to take place and some how along d line, some 1 went thru d back door. Until the matter is fully investigated then we can start throwin stones. But am certain he might not b indicted as an individual.
Bros he is the GO and whatever action his church takes or committee takes, it is assumed that they did it on his behalf. They along with him will be held accountable. In fact, your explanation is even more indiicting. Anyway, he should explain to the prosecutors and the judge. If he is acquitted, Fine and good(which is almost impossible). But first, he must face the music
Re: TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by PapiWata: 12:16pm On Sep 20, 2014
barcanista: Bros he is the GO and whatever action his church takes or committee takes, it is assumed that they did it on his behalf. They along with him will be held accountable. In fact, your explanation is even more indiicting. Anyway, he should explain to the prosecutors and the judge. If he is acquitted, Fine and good(which is almost impossible). [size=18pt]But first, he must face the music[/size]

I beg no vex, Ogami Barcan. I don help you put small emphasis join am.
Re: TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 20, 2014
PapiWata:

I beg no vex, Ogami Barcan. I don help you put small emphasis join am.
My brother, nothing do you!!! grin
Re: TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 20, 2014
barcanista: You are not alone here. APC in Lagos may lose my vote and those of my acquatance if nothing is done in this case. This is what we are accusing the PDP Central Government of(shileding alleged criminals). If LASG can lock Choosen HQ for environmental offence and make them pay fine,prosecute and convict Emeka ezeugo(Rev King), if then can sanction churches and mosques for violating environmental laws, ithen they must arrest and prosecute TB Joshua and all those their were involved in this incident.

You are a good Nigerian.
Re: TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 20, 2014
mikeson12:

You are a good Nigerian.
Thank you and you too
Re: TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by 2cato: 4:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
barcanista: Thank you and you too
clown of the highst order first time u make sense.
What if the contractors cut cönner to build the house how the is pastor jaguda culpable since he is not an expert in building technology?
Re: TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:54pm On Sep 20, 2014
barcanista: To the pro-Joshuans, don't even dare play the religious card because I am a Christian that separates the church from the state.
Separating the church from the state, hmmmm, I remember the Treaty of Westphalia of 1648.
Re: TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 20, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Separating the church from the state, hmmmm, I remember the Treaty of Westphalia of 1648.
Were you a signatory to the treaty? grin
Re: TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:41pm On Sep 20, 2014
barcanista: Where you a signatory to the treaty? grin
Them nover born me.
Re: TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 20, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Them nover born me.
but seriously TBJ should by now be charged for his sins. I don't knw what the state government is waiting for.
Re: TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by UnknownT: 5:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
barcanista: My brother, nothing do you!!! grin
I believe you as an individual can still sue him if LASG is dragging feet
Re: TB Joshua And Others Should Be Charged For Involuntary Manslaughter by iluvnaija: 5:55pm On Sep 20, 2014
Audio recording of TB Joshua bribing press men N50.000 each https://audioboo.fm/boos/2496625-audio-proof

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Edo House Majority Leader, Phillip Shaibu, Arrainged Over Attack On Colleague / APC Presidential Rally In Bayelsa:unbelievable Crowd / Breaking! Rochas Okorocha Allegedly Nabs Fake Ballot Papers At Akwakuma Junction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.