Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,948 members, 7,956,569 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:17 PM

A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! - Family (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! (40996 Views)

A Thread For 2016 Brides and Grooms To Be / Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. / A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by tintingz(m): 3:12pm On Sep 30, 2014
logicboy01:

You need to use your brain.
I thought logic is about focusing in and out of a box.

Lessons in logic/reasoning/morality for tingtingz

1) Polygamy is anti-woman because it posits that one man is equal to two or more women. The reverse remains true for polyandry.
So why do we find women accepting polygamy proposal?

Let start from Nigeria where single mothers are stigmatize.

are you the one to tell what's right and what's wrong?

2) Choice does not equal morality or right. ISIS had a choice to behead or release american journalists. They chose to behead.
The ISIS enjoy the killing, the journalist they killed is from a nation they hate, their enemy.

...so it is a score to them.

3) ISIS chose to behead journalist. Women can choose to try out patriarchy. Women can choose to be slaves. Choice does not mean morality.

choice is about possibilities.

To the ISIS killing their enemy is a score to them.

we are talking about what is beneficial to someone, to some women polygamy is not anti-woman because they benefit from it.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by logicboy01: 3:13pm On Sep 30, 2014
BABE3:

In this day and age where more women are getting comfortable with being "side chics" and baby mamas, I wonder why polygamy is causing this much debate. Aren't those concepts similar to polygamy?

Polygamy is all about choices; a choice for the man to acquire more wives; a choice for the first wife to get a divorce if she's not pleased, and a choice for the other wives to embrace polygamy.

Dont be silly.

Marriage is a contract regulating a relationship between individuals recognized by the state.

Concubines and baby mamas are not a recognized union/relationship. You dont get tax reductions and considerations as a concubine.

Polygamy wants to expand the marriage contract to be between more than two people. Tufiakwa! Haram!!!

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by BABE3: 3:17pm On Sep 30, 2014
coogar:

don't mind that troll who cannot tell his left hand from his right. the level of stüpidity some people exude is baffling!

and you know what?

The concept of polygamy cant work if the women themselves don't agree to it. cheesy

If the man brings home a second wife and the first wife leaves coz she's not comfortable, that's monogamy. If the man brings home a third wife and the second wife leaves, that's monogamy. And so on. The man will be forced to be monogamous if women don't like polygamy.

It's the women that have the final say, so why cry foul?
... please what's the problem here? grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by BABE3: 3:20pm On Sep 30, 2014
logicboy01:

Dont be silly.

Marriage is a contract regulating a relationship between individuals recognized by the state.

Concubines and baby mamas are not a recognized union/relationship. You dont get tax reductions and considerations as a concubine.

Polygamy wants to expand the marriage contract to be between more than two people. Tufiakwa! Haram!!!

if all the parties agree to it, how is it your problem??

And if the first wife doesn't want to be a part of polygamy, who is preventing her from leaving the marraige (since marriage is not a lifetime contract)?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by logicboy01: 3:21pm On Sep 30, 2014
tintingz:
So why do we find women accepting polygamy proposal?

Let start from Nigeria where single mothers are stigmatize.

are you the one to tell what's right and what's wrong?

Some women make the wrong choices. Some women are desperate to escape from poverty and they become second or third wives. It still doesnt make it right.

Single mothers is another issue for another day..

Right and wrong are a matter of reasoning, logic and effectiveness. Advanced societies try their best to adhere to policies that work, that are logical and that are a result of serious reasoning/planning.

Polygamy is neither effective or logical from a societal point of view.

tintingz:
The ISIS enjoy the killing, the journalist they killed is from a nation they hate, their enemy.

...so it is a score to them.

choice is about possibilities.

To the ISIS killing their enemy is a score to them.

we are talking about what is beneficial to someone, to some women polygamy is not anti-woman because they benefit from it.

Slavery is also beneficial to the slave-master and the house-negro (house-slave). It doesnt mean that slavery is good. Do you know that some house slaves wouldnt leave their slave masters because of the free housing and food?

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by logicboy01: 3:28pm On Sep 30, 2014
BABE3:

if all the parties agree to it, how is it your problem??

And if the first wife doesn't want to be a part of polygamy, who is preventing her from leaving the marraige (since marriage is not a lifetime contract)?

Of course, I will support any wife that wants to leave polygamy. grin grin

If all the parties agree, who is then going to go through the wahala of reconciling their public records? How do you tax a man with four wives sensibly? How do you divide the assets or inheritance of a family with four wives?

If a man has four wives, how does one divide a compound into four? Who then owns the property when the man dies? Who owns the deeds to the house? Do you think western society rejects polygamy without thinking?

Do you know that wills are contested? Do you know that many even die without wills?

A monogamous marriage is very easy to settle in times of divorce, inhertiance and settlements. It will easily be between the alive spouse and children.

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by tintingz(m): 3:33pm On Sep 30, 2014
ayinba1:

Take his name to mean "illogical". Trust me.. you'll find out shortly.
Lol grin

coogar, nice posts there. smiley
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by tintingz(m): 3:35pm On Sep 30, 2014
BABE3:

and you know what?

The concept of polygamy cant work if the women themselves don't agree to it. cheesy

If the man brings home a second wife and the first wife leaves coz she's not comfortable, that's monogamy. If the man brings home a third wife and the second wife leaves, that's monogamy. And so on. The man will be forced to be monogamous if women don't like polygamy.

oh lawd! I love this. cheesy

Very logical.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by logicboy01: 3:37pm On Sep 30, 2014
coogar:

don't mind that troll who cannot tell his left hand from his right. the level of stüpidity some people exude is baffling!

you are a cretinous vermin!
biblical jewish tradition is barbaric by whose standards? what a sheep!

you are a rank idïot!
men are living with multiple wives in europe. it's the ceremony that is illegal, not the act. muslims in the UK have more than one wife in their homes & they practise their polygamy openly.

your propensity to stretch the borders of daftness is unrivalled. i said so - your lack of exposure is your biggest challenge, not polygamy. you have deludedly concluded the only reason any woman would marry an already married man is because of dependency.

the former wife of the london mayor(boris johnson) married an islamic polygamous man.
this was her reason - I realise that I am unlikely to conceive children [at my age] so we agreed that, so long as he chooses a good partner, then I am happy to live together in an extended family

if they aren't better, why are the western folks there? a chunky percentage of the people doing menial jobs over there are western folks. their health sector & oil sector are ridden with western folks. they are very rich, little or no drug problems & homelessness is almost nonexistent like you will find in many western countries today.

like i told you, it's the ceremony that is illegal in the UK. any man can marry 22 wives in nigeria & ship all the women to britain & leave with them till the day he dies.

There is no need to argue any more with you. You have lost and are shifting the argument.

Furthermore, you talk like a local person. How can someone compare UAE, Kuwait and Saudi to the west? Google the most advanced countries and the most female friendly countries and see whether you will find any of these three in the top 10 rankings.

Polygamy is illegal in advanced countries and in the top 10 countries for women ranking. Go figure. Their societies are progressing without your barbaric practice of polygamy

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by coogar: 3:37pm On Sep 30, 2014
BABE3:
and you know what?

the dynamics are very vast these days. gone are the days women ran after married men because of dependency. these days, women(including europeans) are doing it for other reasons apart from religion & gold-digging.

don't mind the moaners.
all those wives abiola had were forced into the marriage. fela married about 32 women in a white wedding sometime ago, he must have held all of them with a revolver to follow him to church.

It's the women that have the final say, so why cry foul?... please what's the problem here? grin

women who do it know why they do it......this is another excuse by a top female professional working for the home office in britain.

‘I don’t have time to have a bloke around all the time. I just want to see him maybe twice a week, so it works perfectly if he’s got another wife who can take care of all his cooking and cleaning.’”

and yet illogical boy says polygamy is anti-women? never met anyone so low in IQ in my entire life.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by logicboy01: 3:39pm On Sep 30, 2014
BABE3:

and you know what?

grin grin grin grin

because women cant make wrong choices abi?

mtchew
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by logicboy01: 3:39pm On Sep 30, 2014
tintingz: Lol grin

coogar, nice posts there. smiley

Face me like a man, bro

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by coogar: 3:42pm On Sep 30, 2014
illogicalgoat01:
Furthermore, you talk like a local person. How can someone compare UAE, Kuwait and Saudi to the west? Google the most advanced countries and the most female friendly countries and see whether you will find any of these three in the top 10 rankings.

UAE, kuwait, saudi arabia are infinitely better than any country i have been in the west. the most advanced countries? advanced has different meanings to different people.

if your "advanced" means kids going to school with kalashnikov to shoot their mates, where homosëxuality is legal, where teenage pregnancy is very high, where rapë statistics are high, where divorce rate is 50% then you lack moral values.

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by tintingz(m): 3:45pm On Sep 30, 2014
logicboy01:

Dont be silly.

Are you the law?
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by BABE3: 3:47pm On Sep 30, 2014
logicboy01:

Of course, I will support any wife that wants to leave polygamy. grin grin

If all the parties agree, who is then going to go through the wahala of reconciling their public records? How do you tax a man with four wives sensibly? How do you divide the assets or inheritance of a family with four wives?

If a man has four wives, how does one divide a compound into four? Who then owns the property when the man dies? Who owns the deeds to the house? Do you think western society rejects polygamy without thinking?

Do you know that wills are contested? Do you know that many even die without wills?

A monogamous marriage is very easy to settle in times of divorce, inhertiance and settlements. It will easily be between the alive spouse and children.

This boy is not serious. cheesy grin I actually thought you had a major problem with polygamy. So its taxing polygamists that's giving you concern ? grin

They will be taxed accordingly. Humans are smart; we've always found ways to solve problems as little as that.
You said who'll go through the wahala of reconciling public records? Well, the tax people's work load will increase thereby creating more jobs. Problem solved.

As per divorce and inheritance, it's common sense. Any woman going into polygamy will embrace sharing everything. If the man dies, his wealth will be shared accordingly. If the man wants to divorce one of his wives, she gets her share.

The law will be harder on the man. He won't be able to leave all his wives at once coz the consequences will be huge. So the main responsibility lies on him. Thereby making any man going into polygamy to think twice.

These things are easy.

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by BABE3: 3:53pm On Sep 30, 2014
logicboy01:

grin grin grin grin

because women cant make wrong choices abi?

mtchew

exactly, these women are adults. They make their choices, they live with them. Women are not babies. cheesy
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by bukatyne(f): 3:57pm On Sep 30, 2014
tintingz: oh lawd! I love this. cheesy

Very logical.

How can it be logical when your religion supports polygamy

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by tintingz(m): 4:04pm On Sep 30, 2014
logicboy01:

Some women make the wrong choices. Some women are desperate to escape from poverty and they become second or third wives. It still doesnt make it right.
So you are the one to make choices for these women?

Single mothers is another issue for another day..
single motherhood is what led some women into polygamy marriage.

so it is an issue in these thread.

Right and wrong are a matter of reasoning, logic and effectiveness. Advanced societies try their best to adhere to policies that work, that are logical and that are a result of serious reasoning/planning.
UAE like coogar stated is an advanced society and they practice polygamy, are they not better than many countries in the west?

Polygamy is neither effective or logical from a societal point of view.

Slavery is also beneficial to the slave-master and the house-negro (house-slave). It doesnt mean that slavery is good. Do you know that some house slaves wouldnt leave their slave masters because of the free housing and food?

Polygamy is not the same as slavery.

The two doesn't go together.
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by coogar: 4:07pm On Sep 30, 2014
tintingz:
UAE like coogar stated is an advanced society and they practice polygamy, are they not better than many countries in the west?

abu dhabi is better than any city in the west.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by tintingz(m): 4:16pm On Sep 30, 2014
logicboy01:

Face me like a man, bro
I'm wasting my time facing someone claiming to be logical. grin
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by tintingz(m): 4:19pm On Sep 30, 2014
coogar:

abeg help me tell that illogical 'boy'

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by tintingz(m): 4:26pm On Sep 30, 2014
bukatyne:

How can it be logical when your religion supports polygamy
and your adultery-monogamy in your religion is logical?

The Jewish book called bible is full of polygamous men of God.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by tintingz(m): 4:30pm On Sep 30, 2014
Like BABE3 said polygamy can't work if women don't accept the proposal.
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by logicboy01: 5:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
coogar:

UAE, kuwait, saudi arabia are infinitely better than any country i have been in the west. the most advanced countries? advanced has different meanings to different people.

if your "advanced" means kids going to school with kalashnikov to shoot their mates, where homosëxuality is legal, where teenage pregnancy is very high, where rapë statistics are high, where divorce rate is 50% then you lack moral values.

See this one grin grin grin grin

Saudi UAE and Kuwait all have incomplete or a lack of ra.pe statistics, yet you feel bold enough to compare it with the USA and the West that do not hide their statistics? Gay people deserve rights. Do you even know that Saudi beheads more people than ISIS?

[size=14pt]Please look at the top ten advanced countries and point out where you will find UAE, Kuwait and Saudi. One of us is talking with hard evidence and one of us is talking nonsense from his azzhole[/size]

========================================
top 10 countries for women (BBC + World Economic Forum)
1. Iceland
2. Finland
3. Norway
4. Sweden
5. Philippines
6. Ireland
7. New Zealand
8. Denmark
9. Switzerland
10. Nicaragua
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-24650912

Top 10 most advanced countries (Human Development Index 2014)
1)Norway 0.891 (Steady)
2)Australia 0.860 (Steady)
3)Netherlands 0.854 (Increase 1)
4)Switzerland 0.847 (Increase 3)
5)Germany 0.846 (Steady)
6)Iceland 0.843 (Increase 2)
7)Sweden 0.840 (Decrease 4)
8.)Denmark 0.838 (Increase 1)
9)Canada 0.833 (Increase 4)
10)Ireland 0.832 (Decrease 4)

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by logicboy01: 5:13pm On Sep 30, 2014
coogar:

based on what factual standard?

is it more literate, more technologically advanced, more gender equal, more developed?

How many things do you have that are produced from the west and those produced in Abu dabi?

The very Abu Dhabi that was constructed with the help of western expatriate Engineers?

If I didnt know better, I would have claimed that you are a muslim conspiracy theorist like the ones we have on NL

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by logicboy01: 5:16pm On Sep 30, 2014
tintingz: Like BABE3 said polygamy can't work if women don't accept the proposal.

Slavery also cant work if men dont sell their brethren into slavery and slaves do not revolt.

You and BABE3 are pointless.

You talk as if women dont make wrong choices.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by bukatyne(f): 5:21pm On Sep 30, 2014
tintingz: and your adultery-monogamy in your religion is logical?

The Jewish book called bible is full of polygamous men of God.

My adultery-monogamy?

You mean all monogamous men are adulterous? That you lack self control does not mean that everyman out there is

@The Bible: It contains the lives of the men and women; their mistakes, etc. and we are to learn from it. I will advice you to stop referencing the Bible when it is clear you lack understanding how it will be fooli.sh of me to reference the Quran on things I am not sure of.

I ask again: How can it be logical for a muslim woman to divorce her husband when he picks a new wife when your religion supports it i.e. it is not a sin.

What will she be divorcing him for?
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by coogar: 5:22pm On Sep 30, 2014
logicboy01:
based on what factual standard?

is it more literate, more technologically advanced, more gender equal, more developed?

based more on what my eyes have seen. literacy in what? people who can read & write in any language are literates. it doesn't have to be english. gender-equality is tied with culture, tradition & religion. what is okay in the west is a taboo in the east & vice versa.

on whose spectrum are you looking at it? western education? a fool like you trained by the west is saying western education is the best? do you know any better than what you see on CNN?

How many things do you have that are produced from the west and those produced in Abu dabi? The very Abu Dhabi that was constructed with the help of western expatriate Engineers?

and yet these western expatriate engineers ignored ghettoes in all the US states & went to develop another man's country? you are a fool!

If I didnt know better, I would have claimed that you are a muslim conspiracy theorist like the ones we have on NL

exactly why it should bother you that i am challenging your frail points. i know what i am speaking about, not the nonsense you are pulling out of your arsë
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by logicboy01: 5:23pm On Sep 30, 2014
tintingz: So you are the one to make choices for these women?

No. I never said that. Strawman

tintingz:
single motherhood is what led some women into polygamy marriage.

so it is an issue in these thread.

Single motherhood also led some women into prostitution. This is a trivial matter

tintingz:

Dont mix "beautiful" with "Advanced". UAE lacks so many things that an advanced country shouldnt when you compare it with the West.

tintingz:

You are a muslim quoting a satanist/witch character from a western cartoon. I find this hilarious. You are quoting someone that is trying to make her satanic rituals sound normal. lmao grin grin grin

tintingz:
Polygamy is not the same as slavery.

The two doesn't go together.

of course.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by coogar: 5:27pm On Sep 30, 2014
logicboy01:
See this one grin grin grin grin

Saudi UAE and Kuwait all have incomplete or a lack of ra.pe statistics, yet you feel bold enough to compare it with the USA and the West that do not hide their statistics? Gay people deserve rights. Do you even know that Saudi beheads more people than ISIS?

just like many american states practise capital punishments, cops openly shoot at innocent citizens and use stand your ground technicality. death is death!

Please look at the top ten advanced countries and point out where you will find UAE, Kuwait and Saudi. One of us is talking with hard evidence and one of us is talking nonsense from his azzhole

you have the intelligence quotient of a pubic louse. what criteria were used to compile these stats. the west & the east are polar opposites. if the people of the east were to compile a list of what they consider what's best for their women, the list would churn out different countries.

it's a matter of opinion - it's not set in stone!

top 10 countries for women (BBC + World Economic Forum)
1. Iceland
2. Finland
3. Norway
4. Sweden
5. Philippines
6. Ireland
7. New Zealand
8. Denmark
9. Switzerland
10. Nicaragua
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-24650912

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1746728_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

rapë must definitely be a good advancement for the women. grin

Top 10 most advanced countries (Human Development Index 2014)
1)Norway 0.891 (Steady)
2)Australia 0.860 (Steady)
3)Netherlands 0.854 (Increase 1)
4)Switzerland 0.847 (Increase 3)
5)Germany 0.846 (Steady)
6)Iceland 0.843 (Increase 2)
7)Sweden 0.840 (Decrease 4)
8.)Denmark 0.838 (Increase 1)
9)Canada 0.833 (Increase 4)
10)Ireland 0.832 (Decrease 4)

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by logicboy01: 5:28pm On Sep 30, 2014
coogar:

based more on what my eyes have seen. literacy in what? people who can read & write in any language are literates. it doesn't have to be english. gender-equality is tied with culture, tradition & religion. what is okay in the west is a taboo in the east & vice versa.

on whose spectrum are you looking at it? western education? a fool like you trained by the west is saying western education is the best? do you know any better than what you see on CNN?

and yet these western expatriate engineers ignored ghettoes in all the US states & went to develop another man's country? you are a fool!

exactly why it should bother you that i am challenging your frail points. i know what i am speaking about, not the nonsense you are pulling out of your arsë

Do you hear that?

That is the sound of you losing the argument

grin grin grin

Please take note of my earlier post listing the top advanced countries. Maybe I will take you seriously if you tried to put hard evidence behind your posts

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by logicboy01: 5:38pm On Sep 30, 2014
BABE3:

This boy is not serious. cheesy grin I actually thought you had a major problem with polygamy. So its taxing polygamists that's giving you concern ? grin

They will be taxed accordingly. Humans are smart; we've always found ways to solve problems as little as that.
You said who'll go through the wahala of reconciling public records? Well, the tax people's work load will increase thereby creating more jobs. Problem solved.

As per divorce and inheritance, it's common sense. Any woman going into polygamy will embrace sharing everything. If the man dies, his wealth will be shared accordingly. If the man wants to divorce one of his wives, she gets her share.

The law will be harder on the man. He won't be able to leave all his wives at once coz the consequences will be huge. So the main responsibility lies on him. Thereby making any man going into polygamy to think twice.

These things are easy.

grin grin grin

I will leave you to deceive yourself that such things are easy.

You have probably blinded yourself to the fights and struggle for property/assets that polygamy has wrecked on many Nigerian families.

Maybe when you have seen a friend busted for tax evation or filled a tax form yourself, you will understand

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (26) (Reply)

Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce? / Woman Exposes Friend Who Sent Nude Photos To Her Husband / ~ Why Husbands int!mate With Their Maids ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.